• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What behavior have you been accused of on FG that you disagree with?

kii

Smash Cadet
I've been playing a lot with Link recently, and I generally use ranged weapons to edge-guard, catch rolls after landings, and also when the enemy is jumping constantly. Other than that, however, I'm generally pretty aggressive and rushing the player down with melee, kicks, and grabs, to the point where some players run away the whole time. (From Link)

Yet, in some of these matches where I'm literally chasing them down at every turn, I've been accused of spam, or camp. resulting in either them leaving, or picking Link and playing stuck-to-the-ground-in-the-corner-while-spamming FG Link as some sort of "SEE I CAN DO IT TOO", and then they lose horribly because they don't actually know how to play him.

What have you been accused of in FG that you disagree with? Or, what have you been accused of that's true, and when and why do you do it? I'd be lying if I said I didn't spam sometimes, when I'm desperate.

Last edited:

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing a lot with Link recently, and I generally use ranged weapons to edge-guard, catch rolls after landings, and also when the enemy is jumping constantly. Other than that, however, I'm generally pretty aggressive and rushing the player down with melee, kicks, and grabs, to the point where some players run away the whole time. (From Link)

Yet, in some of these matches where I'm literally chasing them down at every turn, I've been accused of spam, or camp. resulting in either them leaving, or picking Link and playing stuck-to-the-ground-in-the-corner-while-spamming FG Link as some sort of "SEE I CAN DO IT TOO", and then they lose horribly because they don't actually know how to play him.

What have you been accused of in FG that you disagree with? Or, what have you been accused of that's true, and when and why do you do it? I'd be lying if I said I didn't spam sometimes, when I'm desperate.
I've been accused of "Spam" but I just shrug it off since I never actually "Spam". When I play as :4rob: I will be accused of it. I just think that whoever changes there nametag to it is just frustrated with my projectile use. Also, its a sign that the accusers frequently get frustrated and accuse everyone as a camper and Spammer, pending on how fast the other player changes there nametag to "Spam" or "camper".

ALSO! I have in fact been accused of Rolling. When I first started plying online, I had a REALLY bad rolling habit!!

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The other day I was messing around on FG and came across a Shulk. I was dominating him as Bowser one game. I was standing right near him while he sat in shield, down-bd on the ground when he attempted to grab me, and got the kill.

I was then accused of being a cheater.

kii

Smash Cadet
ALSO! I have in fact been accused of Rolling. When I first started plying online, I had a REALLY bad rolling habit!!
Yeah, I was accused of rolling too much early on. After that I started rolling less and using more normal movement instead.

Now whenever I'm beating someone because they're rolling too much, I try to point it out. Not as an accusation, but because they might not notice they do it.
Now if only there were an easy way to tell people to stop jumping every time they get hit, because I get way too many free hits off that behavior, and it's a bat habit I see a lot.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I've been accused of quite a few things during my time playing For Glory, more specifically...
  • I have been accused of being a coward all because I have refused to approach someone who would flat out refuse to approach me. I've faced dozens of players who will try to stay away from me and their only means of attacking would be trying to punish my approaches. I've learned how to deal with these people and learned to simply play their own game with them.

One example being recently facing a Zelda player as ROB who did absolutely nothing but stay at the edge and use Dins Fire, and if I got close enough would try using her Phantom. Other wise they would always dodge and shield while moving to the other side of the stage if they didn't decide to punish me. I decided to play along and even though if I was a stock ahead they would still flat out refuse to approach me. At one point they even tried spamming her Up B to get me, which ended up failing.

There's been other times where I've been accused of the same thing all because I knew how to dodge/shield and punish someones approaches when I was at a high percent. I'll admit I'm more cautious when I'm well above 100%-120% but I'm still not afraid to get in someones face. If I did nothing but run away the entire time though? Then yeah, that'd be a different story entirely.

• I have been accused of being cheap for various reasons. One reason I strongly remember is when going against a Captain Falcon as ROB, and gimping him with my Gyro when he was trying to recover. I literally shot it from across the stage and he was pretty close to the edge when it happened. Due to his high percent it knocked him far enough away that he couldn't come back. If he would of air dodged, used his wall jump and THEN tried to recover he would of been fine. He was just being salty.

I've also been called cheap when using King Dedede and using De-cide on some of my opponents who attempt to edge guard/and or meteor smash me. Hey, if you give me the chance then I'm going to take it. I don't mind wasting my second stock if I take yours with me as well. Also, when it's done in 2V2s it always counts as a neutral KO (+1 & -1), even if my opponent has 0%.

• I have been accused of being a spammer no matter what character I use. I once been accused of spamming as King Dedede, not because of his Gordos but simply because I used his Neutral A when my opponent approached and used it to preform his Grab Combo a few times. I mean... Is it really possible to spam Neutral A, which is stationary effectively...? Come on now.

Even more hilarious, I've been often been accused by spamming by those who spam. More specifically Ness/Lucas players who did nothing but PK Fire and Thunder, especially in 2V2s. I'm sorry I didn't fall for your spam, but that's just silly of you.

• Lastly, I have been accused of being gay and liking ****. I can't really argue with that though cause it's entirely true, but how did they know?! Does it really show through my play-style?! (Obvious joke point because we all could use some funny sometimes.)

Last edited:

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was accused of rolling too much early on. After that I started rolling less and using more normal movement instead.

Now whenever I'm beating someone because they're rolling too much, I try to point it out. Not as an accusation, but because they might not notice they do it.
Now if only there were an easy way to tell people to stop jumping every time they get hit, because I get way too many free hits off that behavior, and it's a bat habit I see a lot.
I do appreciate the players who try and be helpful by pointing out the bad habits of other players!

Top Bottom