• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Are Your Top Wants For Game Features In Brawl?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
for me it is ....
1. online mode (of course)
2. double elimanation tournamnet mode
3. option to save match replays
4. better balance between characters
5. wii connect updates (new stages/characters...etc)
6. improved AI (that suicides and powersheilds less, and overally smarter)
7. make your own simple stages (size adjustable grey rectangles, neutral backgrounds)
8. built in online money matches using paypal (kidding...well kinda)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
1: Online mode with a ladder and an option to save replays.
2: Near perfect character balence.
3: Over 50 characters

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
1) Online
2) Sonic
3) More Females
4) Destroy all clones

Arteen

Smash Lord
1) Isaac
2) Even larger variety of single player content
3) More multiplayer modes (and integrate Stamina mode as a regular gametype) and options
4) Large variety of characters and levels
5) Lots of unlockables

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
1) Online
2) Snake with knives :D
3) More Pokemon and Mario characters (Lucario, Hammer Bros., Lakitu, etc...)
4) A Wario WITHOUT WarioWare costume -_-...

(Some clones are cool...)

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
Lists....in America!

1) Online Play - The big one with everyone right now, Smash Bros. just has to be an online game, or else there would be no point, really. I mean, it's been what people have clammored for since Brawl was first announced. But I think Nintendo needs to drop the friend code system and make sort of a hub-like environment, with GamerTags and individual scores and such, utilizing the Mii avatars to represent you. There, you could enter tournaments, chat with other Smashers, and just have regular pickup games with other players from around the world. Hell, you might even be able to use the DS mic to talk to people. That would be so cool.

2) Individual Character Storylines in The Subspace Emissary - Now, who said that Smash is all about the gameplay? Sometimes, you need to have a deep and intricate storyline to drive people who wouldn't play competitavely to play the single-player modes. Nintendo's already given players a taste of that with The Subspace Emissary, and it does seem like individual characters are getting storyline roles, but we need to see more. Maybe even multiple paths, like a semi-open-ended element?

3) Mia from Golden Sun in Brawl - 'nuff said.

4) Balance issues to be resolved - This problem exists in all fighting games, and of course also happens in Melee. We don't need 40 Foxes or 40 Pichus. We need a game where every character has a chance to be the best. In my opinion, that should be what the game is all about - balance.

5) More Female Characters (including Mia from Golden Sun) - Smash has, so far, been nothing but a dudefest. I mean, Peach, Zelda, and Samus are cool and all, but there are more female characters in Nintendo's history that deserve to be in Brawl. And, hey, who says fanservice isn't in? :p

6) Custom Music Options - Hey, I love the music in Brawl as much as the next guy, but sometimes I need to listen to my own tunes while beating your face in with Snake or ZS Samus on Battlefield. They should do it like you can in ExciteTruck - be able to save music files to your SD card and bring it over to your Wii Console, plug that sucker in, and rock to Metallica or Shinedown or whoever you listen to.

7) Clones should stay, but to a minimum - Clones may seem annoying, but they suit the game in that their different flavors for existing characters that other players may want to try out. I don't approve of outright exterminating them, but they should at least be kept to a minimum.

8) The ability to save replays and match videos to your SD cards - I bet a bunch of crews would love this. This would make it much easier to make combo vids and all of that. I would love to do this, too.

9) 2P costumes and alternate colors for them - I'm a 3D fighting fan, and as much as I love color scheme switches, they're not as satisfying as a good-ol' 2P costume. Hell, keep color switch, but add 2P so that there are more choices. Hell, even a custom-color edit thing like in Soulcalibur III.

10) Mia from Golden Sun in Brawl - No, seriously. I will DIE if I don't have my blue-haired angelic healer in Brawl. :chuckle:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Online mode
Alternate costumes other then just tints (Link link's different suits in tp...He LOOKS different not just another color)
Custom music
Match save on SD card and some sort of editor meant only for brawl on the computer :p

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Online play, obvi.

No clones straight up clones. Some Luigi-fied ones might be okay.

No Pichu

miller483

Smash Ace
1. Online Play featuring Tournaments with random players.
2.Save Replays
3.Smash Shop where you can buy alternate costumes, stages,etc.
4.The return of Board The Platforms

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
A good amount of characters, around 34-ish, but without clones.
Good character balance, so you can go to a tournament and see a variety of characters.
No more pokemon. Just keep the ones we have now.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
1.massive online play (no friend codes plz!!!!!!!!!!!)
2. Sonic and geno and for shiek to return
3. at least 45 awesome characters
4. a video mode where u can record matches and then send them via wi fi
5.For subspace to be ten times better than melee's adventure mode
6. at least 5 additional game modes
7.unique alt costumes that are actually costumes not just a change in color (mario/shadow mario etc)
8. no clones
9. a huge number of stages new and old
10.more female characters

Chains

Smash Apprentice
A good amount of characters, around 34-ish, but without clones.
Good character balance, so you can go to a tournament and see a variety of characters.
No more pokemon. Just keep the ones we have now.
mewtwo should be cut, AND PICHU? KEEP PICHU?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Match recording:Gotta have this. I've always wanted to record matches etc... but I don't have the equipment. This would solve that.

Music mode would be nice to have. Techno music is sweeet to play smash to and this would be a nice add.

I'd also like to see less aparent n00bish moves. I mean c'mon, jumping off of somebody's back like a frog or something, gimme a break.

SantaClaus

Smash Apprentice
High quality online mode with a high quality match finder and ladder/ranked matches along with "friendlies"

A wide array of diverse and interesting characters, none being significantly less able than another

A complex and efficient physics engine that allows for realistic trajectories and effects.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
1.) The list of ppl I want as playable...naming 5 right off the bat:
-Takamaru
-Ridley
-Krystal
-Midna
-Balloon Fighter/Alice

2.) More female representation...like Midna, Lip, Mona, Krystal, Micaiah(since Lyn has been scratched out today...) and Bubbles to name a few...

3.) online mode...even if its just a one on one fight with no items...as long as it runs smoothly....Im fine...

4.) A single player that keeps me nearly as hooked as the multiplayer mode...if not equal or even more hooked..

5.) Ganondorf with his sword....but still keeping the necessary jab...Dair, etc.

6.) balance among characters or at least try....

7.) wavedashing would be nice but isnt a necessity for me though...

8.) Ill stop cuz Im sleepy...(which is wierd....its only 9:40 something from where I am...)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
1.) Isaac.
2.) Alternate Costumes. (meaning that Dr. Mario could be an alternate of Mario.)
3.) Online.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I really don't care THAT much about online, but it will be very nice to have

- First of all, I want an option to save preset match preferences so I don't have to go and change everything every time I boot up the game

- TONS of stages, including the return of the POW block and usable warp pipes in a SMB stage (I also want the "?" blocks to return, not necessarily in the same stage)

- Some clones represented as alternate costumes. Doctor Mario, Daisy, maybe new ones like Fierce Deity Link....they can be unlockable too

- Better integration of the "special melee" modes from the last game. I.E., the ability to change game speed, give some characters permanent size alterations, stock handicaps, etc.

- The return of ALL non-clone characters from Melee, plus Ganondorf

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
1. Online, with Ranking system
2. Being able to save matches
3. Some sort of Acheivement system, not like Xbox Live, but like Metroid Prime 3

Team Giza

Smash Lord
1) Better balance between the cast

2) More diverse move sets

3) More characters

4) Items being properly balanced into the gameplay, and not have exploding boxes come with them

5) Online Play

6) Better training mode

7) Save a match feature

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
1. Online play.

2. An improved version of Ken's brain to fight against that had perfect reflexes and timing. Why Ken's brain? Any other brain would be to hard to fight, der.

3. Keep L-Canceling in, since it speeds up the gameplay for high level players who can handle the speed, and it keeps it at a decent pace for the casuals who can't (Note that I said 'casuals who can't', as in that group, and not 'all casuals can't keep up a decent pace'. Big difference thar). Also Shorthopping and FF, and finally, wavedashing.

4. Include a gameplay feature that made it so you can fast fall out of air dodges really easily, and L-cancel B moves. >__>;

That is all.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1) Sonic, and his co-characters as assist trophies.(I love Tails, but Knuckles would fit in as more of a Playable Character. No Shadow plz.)

2) Online Play/Tournaments - Come on, Everyone wants it. But it may be very difficult to play on, seeing as they'd need a powerful server to keep framerate up. Smash is a very frame-rate oriented game, and loss of any time in game would be catastrophic to the best players. Playing Online, even the worst players on SSB on Kailera can beat on a veteran because they have five seconds to plan their next attack. But an online hub... Well, thay could be easy, in some cases, harder when you try to add intricases such as Mii's walking around and chatting to one another. It gets a it crazy after that.

3) Return of 'Board the Platforms' and giving some of the 'Multi-man-Melee' options the chop(Fifteen minute melee? Pressing B-down with DK can get real tiring real fast.)

4) More past stages - Bring back some old favorites, and especially give us back Hyrule Castle and Saffron city in this installment. And the ability to access the old Melee Fountain of Dreams Instrumental would be heaven, to me.

5) Co-Op - Now, this could be limiting or extremely one sided in some cases, and the difficulty would probably drop immensely in some cases, but I'd like to see some Co-Op Availability. I mean, I love single player mode, but It's hard to keep palying without someone to talk to. Someone to Smash Next to you, fighting off Primids and the like - I like.

6) Events - Personally, my favorite Single player option in Melee. Instead of working your way, slowly up the never ending ladder of doom in Classic to get to the Master Hand on Hard/Very Hard with a chance of seeing the Crazy Hand when Master is nearly gone... It's unneeded. But Event Fifty was awesome, and 51? Awesome... er.

WaddleDee

Smash Rookie
The middle of nowhere, behind that dust-cloud.
1) I would like a wide and creative amount of single player modes. Plus, I would like it, in some form or fashion, to be Co-Op. Of course, this would depend on the mode in question.

2) Online Play. I would probably only play against my friends, since I rarely play online as it is. [Everyone I play on MKDS is beyond me-- they either cheat, or are simply better.]

3) Of course, I want a wide variety of multiplayer options, items, stages, and the like.

4) Game connectivity. This is just a slight thing I had in mind, but if you had Poke'mon on Poke'mon Battle Revolution, those Poke'mon would... be Poke'balled, be it temporary or permanent.

DON'T MOCK MY DREAMS. >B(

Any other games that would/could have save connectivity, well, eh.

5) I would much appreciate an Achievement System like Metroid Prime 3's.

6) Combine that Achievement System with a semi-unique shop system, and voila.

7) I expect a decent amount of [balanced] characters, with, as stated before, more female representation.

I won't give a numbered prediction on that subject. However, I expect few clones, if any. d:

BUT... I do want these characters as playable, or at the least, in this game in some form: King Dedede, Ridley, Gardevoir, Dark Samus. I won't put anymore. But Dedede, at the very least, needs to be playable.

... I want Pichu to come back. I was awesome with him, and oddly, crappy with Pikachu. .x.;

8) Alternate costumes, and alternate colors to go with the costumes.

What? D:? Might as well go all the way.

9) I wouldn't put it off Sakurai to be able to take screenshots during gameplay. [Just pause, and take a screenshot during regular gameplay.] Putting it one step further with video might be a bit too far, though. But nonetheless, it'd be neat to have, though I'd rarely use that option.

And that's all, for now.

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
1. More stages (At least 1 to each character)
2. More options to tinker with (Gravity, Friction Etc.)
3. Ability to change frequency of individual items
4. Screenshots
5. Video capture (Like the one in halo 3 ^_^)
6. Random Character select (Turn off characters that you dont want to be chosen)
7. Increase MAX HP for Stamina Mode
8. Clones ONLY as Alt. Costumes
9. More Events (Events are easy to make, they could make at least 100. Maybe 200?)
10. ONLINE!!!

red stone

Smash Ace
character balance...seriously, that's all i want. however, it's probably the hardest thing to implement because the characters are so different it's hard to determine the usefulness of movesets compared with others especially once you consider higher level play

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
1. Online Mode - MSC Online service would be sufficient for this.
2. Ability to save Matches to SD Cards/send to Wiis
3. Tradable Stickers Online/Wagering Stickers Online
4. Customisation:
Which Pokémon come out of Pokéballs
Which Chars come out of ATs
Which Items Come out of Crates and Barrels (i.e. no explosives)
Item Spawn Points
Maybe we can have Items available in competitive play this time round?
5. Under 35 characters. Am I the only one who'd rather less characters, with more time spent on balance, so that when I go online, I see everyone playing as everyone? The main gripe about more chars is that it increases the likelihood of others being left out. I'd like to go online, and instead of seeing everyone be Donkey Kong (like what happens in Mario Strikers Online), I'd like a variety of chars to be used. Ultimately, with ATs and Pokéballs - I doubt there's a need for over 35 playable chars. *awaits flame*

Drone 147

Smash Rookie
Actually I think that is a very valid hope. I mean whats the point of 60 characters if 7 are god like? I would much rather see 30-35 characters that are nearly balanced then a plethera of characters jammed into the game with terrible balancing.

As far as my top wants...

1. ONLINE: I think I just had an orgasm saying it. This would be insane! It would be very cool to have a ranking system and awards. Of course i'll still buy the game if it doesn't.

2. Balanced Cast...

3.Ability to takes screens/videos

4.Alternate Costumes

5.Havoc engine (physics engine half life 2 runs on)

6.Better AI, please!

7. More variety in move sets/cast

8. KING DEDEDE!!!

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
Online multiplayer
at least 40 characters
good character balance
banjo-kazooie
customizable controls (I want the z button to grab, NOTHING ELSE!!!)
story mode should be as long as in depth as any other action game.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I forgot to mention, if it hadn't already, setting different stock for each individual character... for handicap purposes.

Trophies back.

Inclusion of every single Nintendo franchise! (Yeah, this might be the last Smash. lol.)

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
1. Online Play. Hopefully, you won't need to use Friend Codes, and you can randomly search for opponents. Ex. Mario Strikers Charged.

2. Balanced characters.

3. Alternate costumes.

4. Ability to save matches after you are finished.

5. The return of the special mele-... Errrr... Brawls. =p (Stamina mode/Super Sudden Death FTW.)

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
1. Skull Kid!
2. online play
3. return of all past stages and items
4. no more third party characters! I don't care about sonic at all! all his games after 1, 2 and 3 SUCKED.
5. return of all clones from melee but no new ones.
6. no more mario characters! with the exception of bowser jr. no other mario chars are good enough! ( counting waluigi as a wario character)

Top Bottom