• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your top 10 best video games?

Regardie

Smash Rookie
1. Dues Ex

The rest are numbered in no particular order, just what comes to mind.

2. Dragon Quest 8
3. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
4. Star Wars: KOTOR 2
5. Medieval II: Total War
6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon/Explorers of Sky
8. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
9. X-Men Legends
10. The Sims 2

Other favorites: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(can't wait for MH: 4U), Twilight Princess, Pokemon Black & White 2, Sleeping Dogs, Bravely Default, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Saints Row 2, Shenmue 1 & 2, State of Decay(SEQUEL WHEN!?), Battle Field: Bad Company 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Ecco the Dolphin.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I find it hard to list 10 games, but I do want to say that Severance: Blade of Darkness will forever and always be my favorite game. I can play it for days and never get bored of it.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually, I'm surprised I haven't answered to this question.

For tradition purposes, it's in descending order:

10: Chrono trigger: The amount of imersion this game will produce on you is really something. Music are so much accurate of their feels and the Active mode in the battles is like you experience turn by turn, but with the stress of real time. It's a perfect balance because you have access to wide variety of strategy options and feel into it. What is really something tough is the imersion of the plot, I need to replay it some days because I'm not sure I got the full thing, but I can tell you that emotionally, it;s really reaching. As for time travel, well, most of the plot is just centered on it and most of it is scripted. It's just changing the atmosphere which is good in imersion, but in itself, it;s not why the game is good but the way it flows.

9: Super Paper Mario: Yep, it;s mainly because of the story. I will tell first, this game is underrated because platformer. Problem, it is merged with RPG elements. Anyway it's a love story very deep and very imersive in its presentation. I realy can't tell much because spoilers, but I can tell that the quality of the series was mostly preserved with some flaws, but overall, good game.

8: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: It;s so sad that this game has some flaws because its concept was genius and the freaking depression feel constantly expressed so deeply. I first want to tell you it's a very unique game in the zelda series because of how deep the NPC story is and it got interpreted in multiples ways that a lot seems valid (the grief theory comes in mind). What I really also want to point out is the "time" (it's even more than that) travel. Now, from someone who played chrono trigger, it's not like that at all. It's what I call from a speedrunner a sequence travel, but under normal gameplay! Let me fill you: a sequence is the series of triggers the game has that constitute the game flow from its beginning to its end. It is not the action, but the triggers and the game is made so that the actions are implied as requirements. It's possible via glitches in some game to break the sequence by skipping trigger and normally, the game assumes you did the requirements. Tough, I saw some games that you can revert the asumption state while you still progressed so you sort of skip, go back before the skip, go even fiurther than before. It's confusing, but you basically travel in the sequence hence the name. Here, let me tell you, It's very interesting. You have a permanent and always available point when you can revert the sequence. Reverting to this points implies that every action you did was never done and you have to use this point to save your game. This is the first game where normal game flows is not the normal way to play and it's not even playable. The only way to make progress is to get permanent triggers like getting items. For side quest, they are at the end of it meaning that you have to finish them to progress and if you don't you have to redo everything. This is really something I enjoyed because you really travel under normal circumstances in the game flow and making it the main gameplay made the sad feel even more obvious and the music final hours is a proof of it. Don't listen to this when you're hype because it will crush it instantly. Not reccomended if you're depressed.

7: Kirby Air Ride: Yeah let's be direct, it should be renamed to city trial only. That is really 95% of the reason it's there. I remember I could spend hours of just trying to get upgrades with cpu on max level. They are tough btw and the game was so random (something I like in games) that it felt never the same for those 7 (by defualt it's 5, but the longer the better) minutes. Even the events were memorable like who doesn;t remember hearing dense fog today? Or the bounce events music? I didn't played a kirby game before, but just because of this mode, it was awesome. As for the achievements, yeah they are fun too, but mostly city trial itself stole the show. it's so addicting, please, have a watch near you...

6: Metroid Prime: You could honestly put the other 2 in the same position, but I only pick this one because slight nostalgia. The 3 are all good, but I don't want to waste 3 spaces, so I just took the one that marked me the most. Anyway, I'm a guy who is ok with backtracking so, it didn't really hurted my experience. The desire of exploring is what made this game so good. Because the game highly enhance the alone feel (something IRL I really enjoy btw), it pushes you to go deeper in the open world. Getting power ups is now even more satisfying because each time, you have new areas to go and it really seems to be so long to never ends. The audio is doing a good job to imerse you mostly by ambiance instead of music which are reserved for intense battles. Speaking of them, it's really intense because you really have to act fast and it sort of tries to play with your stress. It's really easy sometimes to loose all your life and the saves points enhance this feel of not wanting to die to get into reaction. The game is detailed, fun fact: during an AGDQ stream, a dev of retro studio that worked on the game said to remember having a meeting where the goal was to decide what shade of red to use when you damage an enemy. If it's crazy like that, that's usually a good sign in the detail of the final version.

5: Earthbound -> Ok, this game is just art. I don't think I really need to explain why. There's so much hidden references and so much stuff hidden in this game that really, it feels almost familiar IRL because of the cultural references (some I probably miss a lot). It's almost like philosophy with the purpose some elements were implemented like it's really beautiful. Also, the text is absolutely hilarious. If you're the type of person that likes silly and absurd jokes (some even destroy the 4th wall), then you'll just facepalm so much time while thinking "did they really wrote that?". I can tell you the number of time I had to press home to laugh about some jokes that was so fun. The music is btw surprinsingly immersive with how simple it is. It's amore a game that instead of realistically imerses you, it tries to psychologically feel real and I tend to like this way the most. I'm really glad Nintendo finally rereleased it because it's a masterpiece to remember.

4: Super Mario Sunshine -> Tbh honest, this game did blew my mind, but It's so sad that learning how underrated it is was even more surprising. First, yes, I know this was and is even apparent to be rushed and yes FLUDD isn't sm64 (I actually sucks at sm64), but it's not the main reason why this game was so good (I'm even impressed it's good considering the rush it had). I decided to call an effect I saw on this game because it was really the one that did it the best: the sunshine effect. It's a feel you live in a game where doing really pointless actions is becoming an enjoyment and makes you happy because of its satisfaction when it's done. Here, just by looking at delfino plaza or most of the levels of the game just first makes the urge to smile. Second, you have a big temptation to play and do stuff in the level, but it can become very pointless and still enjoying. For example, i really was happy to just jump for no reason on the rooftop of the houses in delfino plaza and the FLUDD air control made it even better. It's like you feel you're in a sandbox even tough it's just totally useless to do that, naviguating in the game is even enhancing the feel of the temptation to play the game in the first place! Then it becomes infinite until you beat the game. I know there was some obvious flaws, but the sunshine effect just overshadowed most of them. It's really unimaginable to play this game while you're angry (and might calm you down if you play it actually).

3: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Bright colors are my favourite, but bright green is my favourite color. It turns out that this game is exploding of bright green. Like, I just loved the design of this game because it's so rare to see games like this to have so much bright colors. It's almost without any gradient! The best colors I can enjoy for my tastes. Not to mention that the abundance of water and the fact that you're so small in a so fast world just made me want to explore more which is actually the main goal of the game! Games that are designed to make even more enjoyable its main purposes is the one I praise the most because it's not just enjoying a game, but also making it even better and maybe sometimes its best possible. Those are the main reasons why it's my best zelda game.

2: Paper Mario The Thousand-year Door -> Honestly, you don't know me enough if you're surprised it's not my number 1. Anyway, I talked about it the most on this forum and I made literally pages on this game and why I got crazy on it, but I can summarize them shortly. Basically, it was the game that was matching so much my tastes that I grew and still am very addicted to its design and humor. I just was mind blown to see a game that amazing, it's those type of game that first, the ending is always sad because it ended and second, it's almost perfect. There's couple a flaws I could point out since perfect is just impossible, but there's so few that almost isn't even an exageration imo. EVERYTHING is made to look appealing, be memorable and of course, make you happy. I honestly tell you if you somehow like RPG, you have to play this game to get why I got crazy on it that much. I tend to compare the Paper Mario series to the Mother series because I found weird, but abundant reference from Mother and I know how Mother influenced some people (it's the most solid fanbase I've ever heard of). So, if you like the mother series or played the VC release of earthbound, just play this game. It's almost guaranted you'll love it, but really, it's a wonderful experience.

1: Super Smash Bros Melee -> It will never change. Unless somethings happens that makes the current video game industry completely pointless to exist in the first place, this game will always in one way or another be implied to be impossible to top for me. The reason is very simple: the list of 10 to 2 will never appear if I haven't played ssbm. It's really THE game that made me realise even years after I played it that a video game is an art in its design and conception. The moment I realised this, I tried to play all the games I missed and even bough the one I played, but after I changed my mind on games which was constant because I was learning so much. This point marks the point where since then, every time I finish a game, my way of seeing them changed. It would either teach me what could be possible or how to better appreciate games as art. Nonetheless, because of how much I was discovering, it was BY FAR (even if I consider TTYD), my best experience I lived in any gaming moment EVER. It lasted even months and it was mostly solo modes as some were hard for my inexperience and my lack of English knowledge. This is why the music "menu 1" is my most memorable music that makes me remember all this fantastic experience. I only knew more about the trophies way later, but I was mind blown when I realised they all came from so much series. I owe Sakurai a lot because without him, you wouldn't even read this.

That's it. I didn't put pm64 for the simple reason that I'm planning a replay of it in the following days or week since I forgot too much of that game. Normally, you could maybe put it at number 10, but I feel bad of not mentioning chrono trigger :)

There's a lot of GC games because well, that's the proof how awesome I found this system.

I should have done that way before tough...

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
1. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
5. Fire Emblem: Awakening
6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
7. Pokemon Black and White Versions
8. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
9. Portal 2
10. Super Mario Galaxy

The top spot was never really a contest, since I've played FE9 through more times than pretty much any other game. It was the game that made me into a really dedicated gamer, and I continue to play it to this day. As for the other games, I judged them based on how much fun I had with them, not necessarily how "objectively" good they are, so some of my choices are a little odd (like MP3 over MP1 and Brawl over Melee). And it killed me not to put a Professor Layton game on this list, since all 6 are amazing. That said, I adore all the games on my list at least as much, if not more, and I strongly recommend all of them.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Okay. I'm going to cheat and list my top 5 favorite games instead. It's too hard for me to come up with a list of 10 games I love on an almost equal level.

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. System Shock 2
3. Fallout/ Fallout 2
4. Bioshock
5. Super Smash Bros. Series

Some other notable favorites:

Final Fantasy VII
Metroid Prime/ Super Metroid
Mass Effect/ ME2
Super Mario Galaxy/ SMG2
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Bioshock Infinite
Okami
Shadowrun SNES
TES: Skyrim
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Panel de Pon
Pokemon Red

As my avatar would suggest, Final Fantasy VI is easily my favorite game of all time... I just love everything about it. Terra Branford's also easily my favorite character in a game. Equally as much, I have wonderful... and haunting memories of System Shock 2 and the first two Fallout games. I actually played Bioshock before even touching System Shock 2 but after finishing the latter, the spiritual predecessor easily out-shined it's successor. Bioshock is still amazing to me though.

The Smash Bros. series gets the last spot only because single player experiences are much more meaningful to me than competitive multiplayer games. Still, the Smash series is my go-to competitive multiplayer game. I chose to go with the series overall because I can't pick a favorite. Brawl may be crippled with its tripping and it's awful character balance but it's the game where I first began to grow remotely competitive... so it gets points for that.

Best of all, this series is what made me love Princess Peach as a character. Sure, she doesn't do much that's interesting in her own games but in the Smash Bros. series, she can do much more than hold her own. I just love seeing a character who's typically stuck with the role of damsel in distress suddenly turn around everyone's perceptions of her.

Last edited:

umbrapunky

Smash Rookie
10. Skyrim.
9. Assassin's Creed 2.
8. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
7. Pokemon Pearl/Platinum.
6. Pokemon Black and White 2.
5. Pokemon Heart Gold/Crystal.
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee.
3. Super Smash Bros.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
1. Pokemon Red.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening - I've put over 300 hours into this game. It's the only game I've put over 300 hours into, and it's likely to remain the only game I've put over 300 hours into for a long time.
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - just so much fun to play. It's sort of my pick-me-up for whenever I get disillusioned with games in general, just to remind me of how good they can really be.
3. Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo - The only one of Marth's games really worth playing. Makes up for Shadow Dragon in spades, and then some.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess he put another Zelda game above Ocarina/Majora what heresy is this Honestly, I just enjoyed it more than any other Zelda game, and I keep coming back to this ahead of any other Zelda.
5. Golden Sun: The Lost Age - I kinda feel like this and the original Golden Sun should be treated like a pair, but anyway. Normally I'm not a huge fan of JRPGs like this, but the GS games get to me in a way no Final Fantasy ever could. The Djinn and Psynergy system is unique, and the second game being played from the viewpoint of the first's antagonists is pretty cool too.
6. Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu - Another Fire Emblem, and the second Japan-only one too. The first generation has one of my favourite plots of any medium (even if the second half dropped the ball a bit), and it has some of my favourite characters of the series, including my favourite male Lord, Sigurd.
7. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Easily the best of the Paper Mario games. I went and replayed this straight after Sticker Star to remind myself of what the series is meant to be like. The writing is brilliant - I've always felt like Intelligent Systems have better writers than Nintendo themselves, for whatever reason.
8. Super Mario Galaxy - This is here for similar reasons to the second, but it's lower because I feel the second just took everything from here and made it more polished.
9. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
9. Resident Evil 4
9. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
9. Pokémon Ruby
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
9. Xenoblade Chronicles

Those last ones are all number 9 because I simply couldn't separate them in any meaningful way. I just rate them all almost equally. Today I might have Xenoblade at 9, tomorrow it could be MGS3. So it's easiest to just make them all number 9.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
1. Melee
2. Project M
and then not in any particular order:
Castlevania 1
DMC3
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero GX
Megaman X4
Metroid Prime
MGS1/Twin Snakes
Sonic Generations

Runnerups: Wind Waker, Paper Mario 64, Sonic Colors, Sonic 3, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 2, Super Mario Sunshine

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
You. I like you.
:'3 Thanks. I actually didn't get to play it until early last year around the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was hard to find the game at all. But when I played it, ohhhhhhhh man. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it but I think Tetsuya Nomura had something going on here.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
:'3 Thanks. I actually didn't get to play it until early last year around the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was hard to find the game at all. But when I played it, ohhhhhhhh man. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it but I think Tetsuya Nomura had something going on here.
It's definitely one of those better late than never games. I didn't play it until early this year or last year (I forget).

The characters, setting, and twists definitely had me. My only complaint is Shibuya itself on where to go, but it allowed me to rush ahead with the story I suppose.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
1. Okami - Hands down the best game I have ever played.

2. The Legend of Zelda - A link to the past - I spent more time playing this than any other snes game.

3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl - I love all the installments but, brawl was my favorite, however that may change later this month.

4. Metal Gear Solid 4 - An excellent game with a satisfying end.

5. Banjo Kazooie - One of the greatest adventure/ Platforming games that was ever released on the n64

6. Final Fantasy 9 - My favorite final fantasy game of all time

7. Super Mario RPG - The best rpg I played on snes.

8. Mario Kart 8 - In my opinion this is the best racing game I've ever played.

9. Super Mario Galaxy - An innovative platformer that gave me a great gaming experience.

10. The Last of Us - Great story, great gameplay, and great multiplayer online.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
This was tough, not even sure if this list is right for me, and certainly got placements wrong.

1. Final Fantasy VII - Words cant describe my love for this game. I love most of final fantasy, but VII is like a child to me. Its the first game that I actually did fall in love with.

2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein MULTIPLAYER - I did like the SP mode, its one of 3 "SP" game modes I completed in a 10 year period after I went all hardcore on eSports around '00. (the other SP modes feature on this list). First game where I attended big name lans (including the first ever Intel Masters Extreme!). I still watch back videos, demos, hop on from time to time.

3. Counter Strike 1.2 to 1.5/6 - 1.6 saw the release of Steam and at the time I was at uni with port blocking, so it kind of soured my enjoyment of the game. Also 1.5 and 1.6 came AFTER I'd quit CS to play RTCW competitively. I'd give quite a lot to replicate that feeling I used to get playing online late night in the first year or so of me playing CS.

4. Super Mario Kart - SNES version - have to go with the classic. I arguably prefer the DS version, but the memories I have of the SNES version, going around to a friends house to first play it. Actually I'll kind of cheat here and lump a few of the versions in together.

5. Super Mario World - I still adore this game, and routinely play it. I am going to throw in Mario on the original gameboy, as back when Super Mario came out I didnt have a SNES (my older brother was a SEGA)

6. Final Fantasy VI - I actually feel like I should put this higher, but I've only played through it a couple of times. After VII I adore the music of VI. I went to my 3rd Distant Worlds a couple of weeks ago, and was deeply happy to hear them put on a new character medley for VI - cant wait for that album.

7. World of Warcraft
- My brother will tell me I need to put this higher. I've quit this game so many times, but always played it at a high level. This is the game I refer to when I say I really only rate it because of the time I spent in it, and the friends I made, and because arguably this was the game I was best at. I recently quit again (where Smash now fills that hole in my life in terms of game I want to improve at) - but I managed in my time to rack up Euro and World firsts in PVE, multiple gladiator and rank 14 in rbg's, though I narrowly missed Hero in RBG this season, that was really my own fault for joining Hero teams late and ending up playing my alts/secondary chars opposed to my main and pushing with that. Both a great game and horrible time sink.

8. Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 - I am sure this should be higher on the list. I've played through this again multiple times. PC RPG's are one of the genres of games that I ruined for myself by playing WoW. WoW made me HATE leveling, grinding and questing, outside of FF (or Square Enix RPGs in general) which remained immune for some reason. I still have fond memories of many of the characters in all the games.

9. XWing vs Tie Fighter - I'd be remiss if a star wars game didnt make it. Remake is coming out, a joystick is going to be purchased, I can say that for nothing.

10. Super Smash Bros Melee / Sm4sh - I kind of have to put this on right?, but honestly its up there. Big regret I didnt put time into it earlier, but hopefully making up for that now. Dont think I've enjoyed a competitive game this much since RTCW.

There are so many games that could be on this list, and on another day might well have made it:
Sonic the Hedgehog - megadrive
Zelda Link to the Past
Quake 3
Deus X
Portal
Street Fighter
Megaman X
Super Mario Yoshi's Island
Final Fantasy VIII
Grand Theft Auto I and II
Doom (the original)
NBA Jam
Enemy Territory

PedroSmashFan2014

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1313-2178
1) Super Smash Bros (series) - I am a big fan of this game ever since the first smash bros. It is so epical!!!

2)Super Mario Galaxy: Another masterpiece! It could be first if it wasn´t the ****ty controllers...

3) Mario Kart(series) - Despite some minor and/or major flaws, it is a amazing series!

4) Pokemon (series) - Why was pokemon stadium discontinued?Why, Nintendo,Whyyyyyyyyy?

5) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) - I think I play this with my cousins in Rio de Janeiro.

6) Legend of Zelda (series) - I am not a huge fan of the Zelda series, but they(Nintendo) made some pretty good games.

7) WarioWare: Would be higher if the minigames had a better overall balance.

8) Any racing games:Just cause I am very good at this type of game.

9) Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360) - 2nd favorite shooter of all time behind CoD4 and(sadily) it is not a game that I play well at.

10) Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - I´m unsure if my cousins have this game.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
1. Smash Bros (Any, I'm not a competitive player so I don't hark back to the old ones much)
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Best Zelda game for me. It's gorgeous.
3. Mass Effect - The first one's the best.
4. Tales of Symphonia
5. The Binding of Isaac
6. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
7: Neverwinter Nights
8: Goldeneye
9: Skies of Arcadia
10: Pokemon. All of 'em.

Just off the top of my head, no definite order...

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
This list was incredibly difficult to make, and im sure as soon as I post it I'll remember something I've forgotten, but anyway. Im not using more than one of the same style of game from the same series in this list.

10. Megaman 2- Yep im a Megaman 2 guy, To me Megaman 2 is one of the most solid games I've ever played. The music is incredible, everything about the game is amazing. It's short, but everything contained in the game is absolute gold.

9. Super Mario World- Oh my god this game was my childhood. I played so many hours of this game and it is definitely my favourite 2D Mario game. Just like all the games on this list, I could pick this back up after years and it would still fit like a glove.

8. Super Metroid- It shames me that I have to put this game so low on the list, but that really goes to show how close all of these game are to my heart. Super Metroid is f****** perfect. The atmosphere of this game is extraordinary and I don't think I can say anything about this game that hasn't been said a million times before.

7. Half Life 2- Speaking of atmosphere! Half Life 2 is what got me hooked on Valve. I absolutely fell in love with every single game they put out. Now it would be nice to have a new game. Sometimes soon. Preferably with a 3 in the title.

6. Super Mario Sunshine- The most underrated game that I know. Super Mario Sunshine may not be a typical 3D Mario game, but that doesn't make it any less perfect in my eyes. I feel like i'm the only person who loves water in games, so me and this game went together perfectly.

5. Pokémon Emerald- Im gonna put this out there right now. Pokémon is magic. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Having so many different Pokémon to choose from and being able to train your favourites to defeat other trainers and your friends is an amazing feeling. Emerald is my favourite in the series, I think it was just the peak of everything Pokémon strives to be and the post-game content is legendary. I am beyond hype for buying Alpha Sapphire.

4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater- This is a game that no matter how many times I finish it, I will always be on the verge of tears by the ending. This is without a doubt the greatest story told in a video game yet. The fact that it is fairly self-contained from the other Metal Gear games (Which are also amazing) makes it work even better with the story staying simple and not convoluted. The stealth is amazing, and oh my god. The opening theme. To this day I have never skipped it.

3.The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask- The atmosphere, the music, the gameplay. Everything about this game to me is absolutely perfect. I love the three day time system and I love the themes represented in this game, that are sophisticated to an extend rarely seen in any medium. The Legend of Zelda series is one of my favourites, and this has to be my favourite of the bunch.

2. Metroid Prime- I struggled for a very long time deciding between this and Majora's Mask for number two. But I eventually decided on this gem of a game. In my eyes this is the best single player adventure ever made. The atmosphere is phenomenal, the sense of isolation is amazing and everything about the game makes me feel like I really am on Tallon IV. That is to say nothing of the amazing gameplay. Now can we please have Metroid Prime 4! Or something similar!! Just not Other M ;( :(

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee- Im definitely preaching to the choir here when I talk about this game. You guys know what makes this game so amazing. After playing Smash 64 this just completely blew my mind. I love fighting games, but to me this is a whole other level hype. This is a game that will live forever. This is coming from someone who is literally only just about to start playing this game competitively. So that means there will be. Even. More. Hype.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS I WISH I COULD HAVE PUT IN THE LIST
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Fallout 3
Banjo Kazooie
Spyro 3: Year of The Dragon
Pokémon Stadium

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I don't really know what my top ten is, but I can definitely do my top 5.
5. Animal Crossing series - I like all of the games. Other than #3 and #2, this was one of the first games I every played, and it helped to get me into video games in general.
4. Mario Party series - I never lose.
3. Pokemon - Specifically Generation 3 is my favorite, because it was the first one I played. This was actually one of the first games I ever owned, because my first gaming system was actually a Gameboy.
2. Super Mario Sunshine - I got this game along with my Gamecube, my first console. It's been my favorite Mario title since.
1. Super Smash Brothers - This is honestly the only game I'm good at anymore.

Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
My list will be based off how much I've enjoyed a game as well as how I can replay through the game without being tired of it.

10. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
8. Spider-Man 2
7. Phoenix Wright (the trilogy)
6. Super Metroid
5. Demon's Souls
4. Mega Man 2
3. Mega Man X
2. Chrono Trigger
1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Some might say that Ocarina of Time is better than many games on that list. It is a great game but the more I played it, the less I enjoyed it. The only game I haven't played through a lot on this list is Phoenix Wright and it's only there because of the story. Spider-Man 2 is on there because I spent far too much time screwing around in the sandbox. Super Mario Sunshine I replay through every summer for some reason. Every other game in that list I've played maybe 500+ hours of and I'm still not tired of. Out of all of them, Majora's Mask is still the most memorable to me and still gives me the feels.

Grimmjow

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrUpload
3DS FC
4511-1387-0072
Its hard to rank them in a Top Ten but here you go:

10. Monster Hunter
9. Super Smash Brothers series
8. Secret of Mana
7.Metroid Prime series
6. Kingdom Hearts
5. Phoenix Wright
4. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow / Pokemon Heartgold
3. The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess / Okami
2. Super Mario Sunshine
1. I can't decide :(

There are just too many games which i could choose as No. 1. but it would be too unfair to crown one now.
But these Games do also Rock:
Jump Ultimate Stars
Pokemon Heartgold
Shadow of Colossus
Diablo |||
Fallout 3
Super Mario Land
Fifa series

Vellocet

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vellocet
3DS FC
4699-7805-1419
More of a personal fav. list then a "best" game list.

1. Zelda Majoras Mask
2. Bioshock (1)
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Left4Dead 2
5. Silent Hill 2
6. Metal Gear Soild 3
7. Portal 2
8. Earthbound
9. Super Mario bros 3
10. Jet force Gimini

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
I might be missing out on some games cause this list was made on the spot, so yeah here we go (there are some ties):
10) TLoZ: Wind Waker
9) Borderlands 2
8) Counter Strike: GO
7) Animal Crossing: New Leaf
6) Halo Reach
5) Team Fortress 2
4) Pokemon: ORAS
3) Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U & Super Smash Bros. Brawl (ready for the hate)
2) Sonic Generations & Sonic Adventure 2 (are tied)
1) Pikmin 2 & Pikmin 1 & Pikmin 3 (love the Pikmin series)

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
10. Terraria
9. Team Fortress 2
8. Majora's Mask
7. Super Metroid (or Fusion)
6. Ikaruga
5. Melee
4. Yume Nikki
3. Okami
2. Earthbound
1. Aria of Sorrow

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
Here is mine.
10. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
9. TOCA Race Driver 2
8. Super Smash Bros 4
7. Rocket League
6. Rhythm Paradise DS
5. Transistor
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Final Fantasy X
2. Tales of Symphonia
1. Rfactor
Just my opinion. Don't hate me for it.

Last edited:

pershona

Smash Journeyman
10.Ratchet and Clank 2
9. Fire Emblem Awakening.
8 .Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver
7. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1
6. Super Mario World
5. Pokemon Black/White 2
4. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
3. Ratchet and Clank 3
2. Persona 3 Fes/Portable
1. SSBM

MonadoMaster64

Smash Cadet
10. Monster Hunter 4
9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
8. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
7. Infamous
6. Pokemon Black/White
5. Super Smash Bro Brawl
4. Metriod Fusion
3. Bayonetta 2
2. Persona 4
1. Sonic Unleashed

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
My problem is it's constantly changing all the time.

10. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
9. Sonic Heroes
8. Earthbound
7. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
6. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
5. Halo 3
4. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky
2. Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater
1. Xenoblade Chronicles

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
1. Pokemon Silver
2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
3. Majora's Mask
4. Super Mario 64
5. Monaco: What's Mine is Yours
6. SM4SH
7. Team Fortress 2
8. MineCraft
9. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
10. EarthBound
Honorable Mention goes to the classic Mario Bros. arcade game

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I originally made a list in this thread towards the end of 2013 and now it is the middle of 2015 and some changes have taken place for my top 10.

1st - Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

2nd through 4th (these games are so close together that I can't properly order them) - Fire Emblem (series in whole), The world Ends With You, Etrian Odyssey, and Dark Souls

5th - Zero's Escape games (999 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward)

6th - Dark Souls 2

7th - Super Smash Bros (series in whole but special props to Brawl and the mod Project M)

8th - The Last Story

9th - Kingdom Hearts (series in whole, but special props to Birth By Sleep)

10th - Gears of War (series in whole)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
1. TES: Skyrim
2. Borderlands 2
3. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
4. Super Smash Bros. Wii U
5. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
6. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
7. Call of Duty: Black ops 2
8. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
9. The Sims 3
10. Super Smash Bros Melee

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
10: PKMN ORAS
9: SSBB
8: Trine Series (sorry not a single game but they tied BTW on WiiU)
7: Super Mario 64
6: LOZ: MM 3D
7: LOZ: OOT
6: SSF2
5: Mother "Earthbound Beginnings"
4: Phoenix Wright Series (Sorry again!!! BTW spinoffs too.)
3: PKMN Heartgold/ Soulsilver
2: Mother 3
1: SUPER SM4SH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
10) Perfect Dark
9) Advance Wars
8) Banjo and Kazooie
7) Golden Sun
6) Super Metroid
5) Skullgirls
4) Mortal Kombat Trilogy
3) LoZ Majora's Mask
2) Super Mario RPG
1) Super Mario 64

Honorable Mentions: FFVII (Of Course), Star Fox 64, Persona 3, Shadow of the Collosses

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
This list is not in any particular order. There wasn't a lot of thought put into it too :p. It'll probably change in the future.
1. Super Smash Bros. (The entire series!)
2. Super Mario 3D World
3. Sonic Generations
4. Pokemon Soulsilver and OmegaRuby
5. Fire Emblem: Awakening
6. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
7. Metroid Zero Misssion
8. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
9. Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
10. Balloon Fight

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
10. Pokemon Series (Of the ones I've played, I liked X and Y the best because of character customization. But, the one that's the most special to me is SoulSilver.)
9. Risk of Rain
8. Smash Bros Series (Smash 4, Brawl, Melee, 64, Project M, in that order. In fact, drop Smash 4 altogether.)
7. Lethal League
6. Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
5. Earthbound/Mother Series
4. Pokemon Channel
3. Game and Watch: Chef or Casio Castle Adventure (I'm not sure which one I like better, but they're both LCD games)
2. Team Fortress 2
1. Dragon Quest IX

I probably forgot something major. Also, the last 4 are all equal in my mind.

Last edited:

カワシさん

10. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
8. Mario Kart 7
7. Super Mario 3D Land
6. Mario Kart 8
5. Pokemon: Omega Ruby
4. Kirby: Triple Deluxe
3. Super Mario 3D World
2. Mario Kart Wii
1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
10. MGS3. I like the game a lot, but it's really not that incredible. (still really good)
9. Risk of Rain. This game is absolute bae.
8. Far Cry 3. One of my favorite FPS movement systems and really nice gun feel as well as a great open-world map.
7. Pokemon HG. My favorite Pokemon game (also the one I spent 600 hours in, lmao)
6. Dragon Quest IX: Best RPG of all time.
5. Smash (specifically Project M)
This point is where **** gets real.
4. Hotline Miami. The definition of a good-feeling game (well, it makes you feel bad, but it feels good)
3. Team Fortress 2. It really does hurt me to not put this in top 2, but for the top 2 to be able to beat this from being included is testament to them being GOOD.
I'm really torn between the 2 of these, but I'll just put them in the immediate order that I WANT to.
2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. This game, just wow. Spectacular graphics, best soundtrack of all time, and the gameplay is soul-murderingly good.
1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I'm dedicated to this game as much as I am for good reason.
The feel is absolutely perfect, the sound design being one of the biggest contributors. All of the guns look, feel, and sound perfect. The economy system adds just as much depth as it should, and balances the game very well. Skill is 90% of success, and winning feels absolutely amazing.

Top Bottom