• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your controller settings?

§ilverEcho

Smash Cadet
(Not for Nintendo 64 controller users)

I'm trying to get perfect configuration for the controller. Since i can't use my Nintendo 64 controller which I'm best at. I love using short hops, they're like my specialty but i can't seem to get a perfect spot for one of my C Buttons.
I set A to A, and B to S, And Z to D. Start to Left Shift, L to Z, and R to X. Any good places to put my C buttons?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Nintendude's on the money! hey did you have fun playing me at smashtality? :)
Sorry I forgot you you were x_x
But yeah, I like my control scheme a lot. Basically I tried to map out the n64 controller on the keyboard as best as I could, like, to short-hop aerial I move my finger from A to a c-button, press it, then move my finger back down and press A. It requires very active pinkies though, which people have complained about...

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I use Arrow keys = analog stick
X = a button
C = b button
Z = z, or "shield"
d = taunt
s = r/throw
a = c-button down

I would recommend you find another controller to use for your emulator, like a madcatz. Keyboard isn't too disadvantaged and has great DI, especially around edges, but has a number of problems-- no SH uairs, no tilt-out-of-nothing (you have to wait for the lag of another attack in order to tilt), and a little harder z-cancelling.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
you know on your computer you have 4 arrow keys?

well i use the up key for jump, left key for left, down key for duck, and right key for right
this is really common sense.

W is B
E is Shield
R is A
A is taunt
S is R

now this is a setup
oh and by the way try writing with your left hand even if you are right handed. it is a real challenge for me.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
omfgomfg.... you need a c-button binded onto your keyboard setup. Otherwise you can't shorthop.

Up-key can only regular jump and provide "up" direction.

A c-button can't provide "up" direction, but if you press it quickly, it WILL shorthop.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A is X
B is C
Z is Z
A is L
S is R

I left i one default (I think), but I think since I'm left handed I think it generally works well for me. Maybe another reason or such, but watever...it works well (for now) and that is all that matters to me IMO.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I use
Left Analog Stick=Analog Stick
X=A
Square=B
R1=R
L1=C
Triangle, Circle, L2, R2= C-buttons
Start=Start
Select=L

Oh wait, you meant keyboards not PS2 controllers...

_kSo_

Smash Master
Sorry I forgot you you were x_x
But yeah, I like my control scheme a lot. Basically I tried to map out the n64 controller on the keyboard as best as I could, like, to short-hop aerial I move my finger from A to a c-button, press it, then move my finger back down and press A. It requires very active pinkies though, which people have complained about...
I was the big asian guy with the green controller? both ears pierced and silver dragon chain? ( oh god i sound like an asian mobster) but yea i played you in friendlies. we had a falcon mirror and at one point i was spacing on the lower ledge and you were in the middle and i was like. this is stupid u wanna just stay in the middle,and you laughed and you were lik eyea sure and you let me come up to the middle and we continued fighting.

Top Bottom