• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the tricks to dodging master core attacks?

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of trouble with master core, specifically the giant and swords forms, through I can't get through any of them without taking damage. I would love a breakdown of every attack that they can perform, and ideas of how to avoid each one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Master Core is a very tricky opponent to avoid taking damage from, but the following should be kept in mind...
  1. None of Master Giant's projectiles can be reflected or absorbed, so moves like Reflector, PSI Magnet, and Gravitational Pull will have no effect.
  2. Master Giant's slash attack is unblockable, so you have to time your dodge just right to avoid it.
  3. Whenever Master Beast starts walking towards you, that's a sign that the bite attack is coming up. However, it may end up uses its lightning attack instead.
  4. Master Edges's blade projectiles can be reflected and absorbed, but the larger blades are a bit harder to counter.
  5. One of Master Edges's attacks has it preparing to do a swarm of sword slashes. Try to get underneath it during the execution delay, and you can avoid all the slash attacks.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
How to avoid master giant's attacks when he grabs you and you cant escape without massive damage?

Another one I have trouble with is when master sword does 4 side slashes followed by the big downward slash, and I get caught by one of them, I get stuck and can't escape the subsequent hits. Is there any way to get out of this?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

As soon as you see the giant's hands glow, immediately run off the level, and quickly reverse the analog stick so you quickly grab the edge. From there you are safe from being grabbed.

As for the side slashes, it is all about rolling or sidestep dodging at the right times. It will become muscle memory after playing it enough times.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Bring a character with a counter and spam the heck out of it. Beast and Edges especially. I beat no deaths and no customs with Shulk, separately of course, and I'm not good at him either. Counters just trivialize MC.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok i will go one attack at a time for each one

And ofcoarse countering is a option too for some of the attacks

(Just a quick tip for the hands
Before that for the hands doing attack so quickly on them better times to strike the hands is after each attack.)

Master giant
7.0 and above for this one to apear first off

Laser sweep attack:

This moves very quickly the signal when he about to do ti move is when his right arm is in a back handed slap.
You will see a black trail from it too, about when it disapears is when he strikes.
Either shield or down shield dodge right after black sweep disapears.

The giants X-bombs:

You will see some balls grow on his head for this one, he will follow you for a tiny bit, then he will try to head butt you,
The signal of when hes about to do that is when he leans his head back a tiny bit.

Next the blobs go in to random positions then explode (they aways explode in a + formation)
So look where the bombs are, go to the oposite side where more are, and be diaginal from each bomb to be safe.

Platform lift attack:

You will see a bunch of electric balls above the giant for this attack signal.

2 ways to dodge (but still pretty easy to dodge)

1 go into a part with no balls around.

2 this is safer just jump off the platform and wait for it to come down, he only lifts it for half a second and you can just. Be just a few inches from the platform, it will be cake walk difficulty to get back (make sure you know the characters recovery options though.)

The Roar:

First off DO NOT UNDER ANY CURCOMSTANCES BE IN THE AIR WHEN HE DOES THIS.

The shield will not guard you from damage, The signal for this is when hes holding his head like he has a headache, and also when orange waves gather to his head (the orange wave is just a couple of moments away from the roar by the way)

You quick dodge right when he roars, or if your further away dodge roll toward the roar when the wave is just about to hit, (but stick with the quick dodge one the roar is super fast waves.)

Four hands:

Theres a orange glow on his stomach for when hes going to do this,

The upper one goes left while the lower goes right when they appear, then they reverse and swipe (slowly) lower goes right and upper left

To dodge don't be anyway near the middle of the giant and just read above you will know how to jump by reading that.

Easiest way is hang on the ledge for big characters you have to do a jump.

Master beast:
6.0 between 6.9 for this form and after master giant gets beat.

The Spikes:

When you see spikes grow on the beast back is the signal for this move

You will see a trail on the ground, a puddle will form right under you. (the puddle signals just momenta away from impact,)
When its under you go safer with shield or quick/dodge roll when its right under you.

If your in the air just do like your trying to recover to the stage except vertical

The Snap attack (the bite):

Careful if you point black from the beast, i could do it at any time, as long as your a distance the signal is when he walks toward you, (this is a signal for another attack by the way will get to that in a minute.)

He leaps to the back ground then chomps at you just a few moments later.

The easiest way for no damage is shielding, but if you were a distance you can roll dodge it. (You can dodge roll at point black but its really hard to pull that off.)

The Jump:

Easiest one to dodge

He will jump for the signal just be on the opposite side of where he was when he leaped,
But if your on the side hes going to land and you can't reach the other side in time just shield for no damage,

Ps i would be in the air as well since the beast tilts the platform.

The ligtning strike:

You got 2 signals

1 the same as the bite when it walks toward you, 2 it also has to be wagging and pointing its tail in the air.

just as easy as the jump just stay away from it, to define better don't be point blank from it, you got a tiny bit to run far enough to not be in range, (cake walk to dodge with the fastest characters)

If you can't get far enough just shield or roll dodge away from it.

Master edge:
Fist it always attacks on the right side

The up slash:

When the swords flash yellow when pointed down, and you see a quick yellow line appear on the ground,

It will slash upward and do decent knockback, to dodge just dodge roll to the left or quick dodge or shield the attack,

The orbs

Same thing as opabove when the swords flash yellow when its pointed down, then it will point the swords in the air and do 2 quick slashes.

There are 2 scenarios for this

1 it does 4 little ones which are homing just avoid them once or twice the. They won't follow anymore,

2 it makes 2 big ones they fly off stage then come back like boomerangs just jump high enough to avoid them,

(I will let you guys/girls in one a secret about the orbs, :4villager: can pocket the orbs,:4miigun::4fox::4falco::4drmario::4mario::4palutena::4pit::4darkpit::4rob::4mewtwo: Can reflect the orbs, :4ness::4lucas::4miigun: can heal from them with down B, :4gaw: can catch them in the bucket. This probably only works with the small ones but give all these a try for the big ones.)

Rapid jabs then slash:

The swords will flash yellow again but this time they are pointed up,

Im estimating when the yellow flash happens is moments from when it starts to rapidly attacks.

Only the fastest characters can out run them, theres only one way to get no damage from this, shiled right when it start (my guess is right when the yellow flash happens.) before the last slash, almost quickly and moment before the that slash dodge roll right.

The 5 slash attacks:

The swords will disapear like ghosts for a sec is the signal for this,

I will explain each slash by compass directions (north, south, east, west,)

Oh you can shield 3 out of 5

Slash 1:

First is a semi south-east slash jump over it, or quick dodge or dodge roll west

Slash 2:

A north west slash recomend be on the ground after dodging slash one, quick dodge or roll west, if in the air, air dodge it but time is very specfic timing though, or you could stay in th air in a north east area.

Slash 3 and 4:

The next to goes south-east the fourth goes west, If your on the ground to dodge the third, dodge roll to the west, in the air, you air dodge or go to the north east empty space again.
And for the fourth either jump or dodge roll east.

Slash 5:

Its a south slash and its a high knock back slash, easiest one to dodge it flashes then slams the ground,
Dodge roll either direction right when its about to slam.

Master shadow:
No explamation its just a clone of your character but twice as big and double damage.

So strategy is the same that you use to beat the character your using.

Master fortress:
(Ingore this section if you only have a 3ds version)
The enemys guide first

Flower turrents:

DESTORY THESE NO MATTER WHERE YOU FIND THEM IN THE FORTRESS

Just attack to delay the beam but you need to keep going until its destroyed

The flame enemys:

These are also recomended to destory as soon as possible

Use projectiles to have a better chance of no damage (attack with non projectiles when the flames are jot active.)

The knights:

Their shields block your attacks

To get rid of these grab and throw then keep attack and defeat before they have a chance to get up.

The crawlers:

These are minor threats just attack as much needed to defeat them.

But import to know dodgeing and shielding should be done when neccessary, also you should ingore enemies sometimes and dash right past them (DO NOT IGNORE THE FLOWERS)

Now for the cores

The enemys are going to be excluded

Core 1

theres 2 flowers anf a skeleton guarding this take them out before dealing with core 1

Core 2

Theres a flame enemy waiting for you are the exit kill it if you want but i would just ignore it.

As you move threw a flower take it out and then enter the room with the next core.

Defeat all of the flowers/enemys when you start to attack the core one more flower will jump out get rid of it and destory core 2.

(Important do not touch the water nor the yellow walls if your over 125% damage you get koed instantly game set if you lost a life already.)

Core 3

You will teleport back to start, if you did not use the heart well done, if you are over 125% take the heart now if your under 50% keep going

Now you go the same path as you went to core 2 a skeleton and a flower are in your path deal with them.

Oh and theres more 125% death zones on the way now so be careful

As you move on you will see the section is gone and theres a cliff now go doen that cliff and core 3 plus a flame enemy is right there.

Get rid of the flame then destory the the third core.

Core 4

Almost there this is the last one

Go back up the cliff (but i think you get teleported up there)

Go back and get the heart now if you got this far (but im guessing you already did take it.)

You go down the Casium and you will be in a stomach shaped cave there are 2 skeletons i would avoid them as best as possible.

After that your almost to the heart of this thing

Theres a skeleton and a flower guarding the enterance take them out.

Theres also a flame in the heart room get rid of it too.

And now the big finale either use projectiles or if you really gutsy theres a platform right next to core number 4 jump on that then you an use physical attacks.

Desotry this core and congradulation you defeated the fortress.

The ball
Just beat the snot out of it and get it high enough damage to ko it out of the ring

Take too long it does that same 1 hit ko attack tabuu does back in brawl

But if you willing to go evel knievel you can dodge the waves

It shoots 5 if you dodge all 5 you also win i just self destructs after you dodge all five.

(The time frame to dodge the waves is no different from the waves when you fought tabuu so practice by fighting tabuu.)
[/spoilers]

And thats how to deal with all the forms

Last edited:
Top Bottom