• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the chances that the release date may be bumped 1 or 2 weeks earlier?

Chojo

Smash Cadet
Call it wishful thinking, but it's been on my mind for quite a while now.

The game has obviously been completed for some time now, and a couple companies (or more) have already managed to feast their hands on an English copy of the game (G4 and Nintendo Power that I know of). Mass production of the English version most likely began late January, and it would be absolutely puzzling as to why it would take a month and half to mass produce or fix any Wi-Fi bugs, etc. I am sure that between now and March 9th, there would most definetely be periods of time where nothing will be accomplished. Instead, there will just be stalls for time until the March 9th release date.

The thing that gives me a TINY bit of hope is the fact that previous games have been bumped up as well.

EDIT: (sources included)
If I recall correctly, No More Heroes was bumped up about a week from its planned release date. Halo 3 was also apparently released a little bit earlier than intended, and now I've been informed that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games was subject to a two-week cut on its release date. There may be other games that did the same as well that I've missed... if I have, please tell me.

Here are the sources: http://wii.ign.com/articles/843/843635p1.html and http://kotaku.com/gaming/gold-rush/mario--sonic-sprint-to-early-release-date-309537.php

Personally, I believe there's about a 25% chance in the same ordeal happening with Brawl.

Well, it's time for what you guys think. What do you think the chances are that the most anticipated Nintendo game of all history may be bumped?

*EDIT* One more thing to look out for:

Keep in mind that the stores WILL recieve the game BEFORE March 9th; March 9th is merely the date that they've been told to begin selling it. They may very well have it for up to a week before the launch date.

With that said, careless managers may accidentally disregard the intended launch date and sell them the minute the shipments come in (it's happened before).

Yokipi

Smash Cadet
Well, this is just my thought, but I think the reason they picked March 9th specifically is because of Spring Break. Otherwise, I can't see the reason they wouldn't release it earlier. I doubt they'll release it earlier, if only to keep their promise, after 2 false dates.

Robble

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest, my response was going to be, "Have you ever heard of any other game getting their release date bumped up during the month before intended release? No? Me neither." But then if you actually can show any examples of that, like if No More Heroes or Halo 3 had their release dates changed within about two months of the planned date, then I'd be much more willing to engage in this probably futile hope.

Nagi

Smash Rookie
Possibly. VERY abysmal chance, but it is possible.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and SMG were bumped, so I would not rule this fully impossible.

But still horribly low chances. :/

pirkid

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about this too. I was goign to make a thread on it. :O
But yea. it's makes sense for them to release it right before Spring Break, but even then, they're losing time when they obviously have the game fully completed.

A small hope.

Really. I want it to happen.

Chojo

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest, my response was going to be, "Have you ever heard of any other game getting their release date bumped up during the month before intended release? No? Me neither." But then if you actually can show any examples of that, like if No More Heroes or Halo 3 had their release dates changed within about two months of the planned date, then I'd be much more willing to engage in this probably futile hope.
Well Robble, here's my source for No More Heroes:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/843/843635p1.html

There it states that the release date was changed from February to late January shortly before the release.

I'm still on the look out for sources for the Halo 3 early release....

But yah, like Nagi said, we can add Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games to the list because it was bumped two weeks earlier than its announced date.

And here's the source for that:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gold-rush/mario--sonic-sprint-to-early-release-date-309537.php

The date went from November 20th to November 6th.

Well, at least I now have proof that it's happened before. :laugh:

Rampage

vx
Are you people so impatient you can't even wait a simple month or week? You've been waiting for 2 years a few extra weeks is nothing to wet your pants over

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I'm not getting my hopes too far up
but i'll be looking out for this to happen.
mainly with the examples of this happening for other games

Mr_Smiley

Smash Rookie
Well, optimistically that sounds reasonable, but spring break seems like more of a smart choice to me. More people have time off and such.

Zek

Smash Ace
IIRC, No More Heroes pushed up its release so it wouldn't have to compete with Brawl, lol... Don't get your hopes up, guys.

Teej

Smash Cadet
IIRC Megaman ZX: Advent was pushed back a week or two of it's planned release. I can say this because I rememember giggling like a little girl when I found this out. >__>

Chojo

Smash Cadet
IIRC Megaman ZX: Advent was pushed back a week or two of it's planned release. I can say this because I rememember giggling like a little girl when I found this out. >__>
Cool, I'll add it to the list. :)

I really shouldn't be hyping us up by compiling all these examples cause if it doesn't happen, I'm only setting us up for even more hurt, but.... OH WELL :laugh:

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Are you people so impatient you can't even wait a simple month or week? You've been waiting for 2 years a few extra weeks is nothing to wet your pants over

Hey, shut it ***.

Brawl coming out sooner in America will push the community into overdrive sooner.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
From what I heard the game is finished but they are working to make sure that the American servers can handle the load. If that's the case they probably won't release it early, unless of course they get that finished up earlier. Still, I wouldn't place too much hope in this.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Something interesting that might mean nothing.

A weeks ago, or days ago... sometime ago, Gamestop changed brawl's release date again to feb 10, however, it was changed back. So it could mean nothing, or the release date is still up in the air.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Haha, a friend of mine was talking about how awesome if would be if they swapped it back to Feb 10 at the last second. If that happens I would **** a brick and not give a **** cause I'd be too happy to care.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't think they would change it back to feb 10(though it would be awesome), but changing it back to Feb 20 something is... well, not immposible.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
Well, this is just my thought, but I think the reason they picked March 9th specifically is because of Spring Break. Otherwise, I can't see the reason they wouldn't release it earlier. I doubt they'll release it earlier, if only to keep their promise, after 2 false dates.
i stopped reading after i read this , so sorry if someone pointed this out , but, spring break is different everywhere you go , just bcuz your school has spring break around mar 9th.... ive seen on gamefaqs that kids in NY dont have spring break til april.... over here in Kelowna, B.C. our spring break starts next week... so you're reason for the early release not happening is null and void

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
it would benefit many people... people like me would get it earlier.... big benefit

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
It would be so awesome if that was true. It's really really unlikely, but would be so awesome. I'd probably take a day off work to play. >_>

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Not going to happen, the reason for delay is most likely because they want a lot of brawl copies produced.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This guy at a gamestop around me said there store was selling it March 1st.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Forget about it coming out early (yeah, that would kick ***). I think we will be lucky to get it on March 9th....if they didn't sell enough Wiis I can see them pushing it back 1-2 more weeks.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
NoA is the reason they delayed Brawl in America by a huge margin compared to Japan's delay, not Sakurai

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Since NoA is practically never satisfied with any good sales on games, they may continue spitting on our hype for games or consoles at anytime even without reason. Simply, it's possible for ANOTHER DELAY.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...it'd be cool but they'd probably have to tell us within the next week. Maybe we could go beg outside NOA for an employee to buy it for us early and we'll pay them like 80$. I went to NOA's employee store through Digipen and got Strikers a few weeks early, the American version too. I could even play against the Europeans on wifi since they had had it for a while.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Possible, not very plausible but yes, it is possible.

I hope it will but also doubt it will at the same time. I'm just gonna wait it out, nothing I can do about it.

-Onyx

Chojo

Smash Cadet
This guy at a gamestop around me said there store was selling it March 1st.
Are you serious?

Did you ask the other employees later and did they say the same thing?

Go and ask other Gamestops and confirm if this is true or if the employee was just an idiot... :laugh:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey guys, I'm going to stick my head out here and say that if they did change the release date for the game to March 1st we'd hear about it from more than just one random guy on SWF. If it is true we'll hear about it soon, if not then it's just someone pulling our leg.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that this would be the best kind of update on the Dojo I would be looking for thus far, now that I have all these videos to supplement myself with Brawl information.

Top Bottom