• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the actual mechanics of hitting someone while they are grabbed?

SnorlaxLuigi

Smash Rookie
I've been fiddling around with IC's recently, and I've run into some confusing things regarding the mechanics of hitting somoene out of a grab. I can wobble consistently but for whatever reason used to struggle with inputting the D-smash with Nana after Popo pummels to finish the infinite. I practiced just grabbing fox, pummeling with Popo, and then inputting the D-smash with Nana and found that when I did that the D-smash doesn't hit Fox out of Popos grab. How come when I finish off a wobble the Nana only D-smash instantly kills them but when I do it right away after grabbing they stay in the grab? I assumed moves with decent knockback always hits the opponent out of grab hence why you tilt to wobble but I guess I'm wrong. This also has implications for doubles, so how do the mechanics actually work? Thanks.

aloeknight47

Smash Rookie
I've noticed this as well. High knock-back attacks seem to be more likely to knock the grabbed character out of the grab the longer the grab has gone on, but i can only speculate as to why. I wonder if anyone even does know, it doesn't seem like a tech that would be well explored. Like you said, its only really likely to be encountered in doubles.

bump for interest.

SnorlaxLuigi

Smash Rookie
No one knows I guess, I'm gonna do some tests to see if I can figure it out, i'll report back.

Top Bottom