• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What 5 returning stages do you want for dlc?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
- Pirate Ship
- Fourside
- Brinstar Depths
- Mushroom Kingdom 2
- Kongo Jungle (Melee)

At the very least, I would like to see Pirate Ship and Fourside in particular back.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
5. Pokemon Stadium: Why have 2 but not the original?
4. Mario Bros.: The antics on this stage can be pretty great.
3. Frigate Orpheon: I found it a decently fun stage to play on.
2. Big Blue: I always loved trying to keep up with this stage while fighting.
1. Pirate Ship: My favorite stage in Brawl. One of the biggest disappoints of Smash 4 to me was when I started to realize this stage wasn't coming back without a suitable replacement. Wind Waker more than deserves stage representation in Smash.

_gold_

Smash Master
  • Corneria (Brawl version)
  • Saffron City
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Kongo Jungle

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Brinstar Depths - Long been my most wanted stage. I loved the gimmick, with Kraid flipping the stage.
Poke Floats - Also a stage with a gimmick I like. I would also accept a new Poke Floats stage with newer Pokemon.
Mushroom Kingdom II - I like the subcon setting, and it's a simple stage. Loved the 2D Birdo and Pidget back in the day.
Yoshi's Island 64 - I have fond memories of this in Melee. Fighting on the Super Happy Tree...
Icicle Mountain - A controversial choice, I'm certain. I enjoyed the vertical stages, so long as it makes sense for the series. (I didn't care for the only new DK stage to be a climbing stage in Brawl, for instance.) Plus, even without the Ice Climbers, it would be nice to have their home back. And as a stage, it makes more sense than Rumble Falls, as well.

Last edited:

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Saffron city
Sector z (64 Fox stage or w/e)
Pirate ship
Fourside
Electroplankton - I miss this one dearly

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
1. Fourside
2. Yoshi's Story (Melee)
3. Great bay
4. Final Destination (Melee. Love it more than smash 4's)
5. Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
- Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)
- Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths
- Frigate Orpheon

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Aside from my desire to see every Smash64 stage return, and to see Brinstar, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, Magicant, and Mute City 3DS brought to the U version...

Fountain of Dreams, pretty stage with pretty music, plus another tryharding option
Mute City, cuz F-Zero will never die in my heart
Spear Pillar, because it was my favorite nonsense stage in Brawl
Fourside, because I thought it was the coolest-looking stage in Melee
Pictochat, because it was my second-favorite nonsense stage in Brawl

If I had to limit it to five and couldn't just choose to migrate those five from 3DS, though...
Saffron City
Mushroom Kingdom (either 64 or Melee is fine)
Fourside
Spear Pillar
Mute City

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Saffron City
Great Bay
Big Blue
Summit
Pirate Ship

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Saffron City
Pokemon Stadium 1 (I'm with @ Scamper52596 Scamper52596 - why 2 but not the original?)
Great Bay (Curious how they would handle it on wii U with the swimming mechanic though)
Summit (I'm of the impression that this wouldn't be insulting to Ice Climber fans even if they can't be implemented in the game)
Yoshi's Story

Mario Bros. (Not as a competitive stage but would make a great casual stage for more than 4 players)
Big Blue (Same as above minus the more than 4 players part)

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story Melee
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshis Island (brawl/3ds version for Wii U)
Fourside

But I'd also love to see skin options - so have battlefield being able to be skinned to melee battlefield, final destination etc (well really just those two I guess).

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
5. Pirate Ship (Brawl): I feel with the HD graphics (if they even do that with old DLC stages), this stage could be one of the most beautiful in the game. Not only that, but Pirate Ship was pretty fun. I'd like it in.

4. Brinstar Depths (Melee): We already have Brinstar for the 3DS, so why not see our old friend Kraid on the Wii U? Again, in HD, Kraid would just look amazing.

3. Meta Crystal (64): This one would confuse all the newer Smash fans, but it'd be great. Add in the Metal Mario theme, and you have a potential competitive stage.

2. Yoshi's Story/Fountain of Dreams (Melee): So many people love these stages, and for good reason. They're true classics that many older players cherish and love to play on. Fountain of Dreams would look fantastic on the Wii U. I don't know which one I like more, so I put them both on the same slot.

1. Big Blue (Melee): Oh yeah, it's Big Blue. In my opinion, the best F-Zero stage in Smash yet. Fighting on top of the Falcon Flyer and the F-Zero cars was just a blast in Melee and Brawl. It's a shame it's not in yet, and I'd put this stage in Smash 4 in a heartbeat.

oh and also Majora's Mask event stage kthxbye

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The five I would pick now are...

Saffron City (64)
Fourside (Melee)
Great Bay (Melee)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

As you can see, I have a thing for Melee stages

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
5. Saffron City: Of the remaining 64 stages I think its the best choice. The gimmick is fairly mild and the layout is straightforward.

4. Big Blue: A purely fun, casual pick. I prefer it to Poke Floats for a moving parts stage.

3. Pirate Ship: Another casual pick plus it'd be cool for there to be some console representation for Toon Link. (3DS has Spirit Tracks after all)

2. Mushroom Kingdom II: A nice simple layout and an appearance by Birdo!

1 Fountain of Dreams: One of the best neutral style stages plus its beautiful.

There are so many more, but I tried to narrow it down. I'd also like to see Gerudo Valley, Prism Tower, and Pac-Maze added to the Wii U list since those are cool stages.

LemonOtter

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-7061-4628
But I'd definetly want to see Fourside just because of how amazing it's Omega form would be...
Would also like New Pork City.

It would be great for 8 player and it has those amazing Mother remixes.

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
  1. Corneria
  2. Sector Z (IDC if they're the same, I love it)
  3. Big Blue (riding on cars)
  4. Poke Floats (orbital gate assault will never be able to make up for this)
  5. Saffron City but get rid of the Pokemon popping out of the doors

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, Saffron City, Fountain of Dreams and New Pork City :^)

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
1. Pirate Ship
2. Fourside
3. Fountain Of Dreams
4. Great Bay
5. Saffron City

edit: forgot I posted in this thread already :p Almost the same answers too.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Okay, but doesn't anyone want the Spear Pillar from Brawl back?
:spearpillar:

I really enjoyed the very basic stage with a cavern underneath it. In a Free-For-All it was fun, since two seperate fights were possible at once.
Sure, it ain't competitive, but it's an interesting stage layout. It's also pretty.

Problem is that Palkia is now a Pokéball Pokémon. Maybe the stage could return without Palkia turning up at all, it was the most annoying part of the stage, to be honest.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
5. Mushroom Kingdom II
-
This wasn't exactly a stage that we had played on very much in my melee days. But looking back it is one of the stages that I remember enjoying alot when we did. It had some of the funniest deaths and had cameos from characters such as Pidget and Birdo. Also Super Mario Bros II was my first mario game if I remember correctly. Basically nostalgia reasons.

4. Yoshi's Island 64
-
Seeing Congo Jungle 64 return, then Dreamland 64, and THEN Hyrule Castle 64 and Princess Peach's Castle 64 return without even the slightest hint of this stage incoming saddens me. I love playing on the stage because of the clouds. Really enjoy floating over there as Jigglypuff and trolling the heck out of the other people trying to reach me.

3. Summit
-As someone who loved the inclusion of the IC's and still hasn't counted them out of smash, if they return this stage should return as well. Currently there are no ice based levels in smash, except for the occasional ice spike in Super Mario Bros U stage. I enjoyed the floating effects in this stage and the fish eating my opponents who couldn't stop swimming. XD

2. Fourside
-As someone who has played both Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound, I rather enjoy the inclusion of more Earthbound stages. I am heavily disappointed that Earthbound, despite being around since the original, has only one stage in smash bros wii u. If we got fourside we would get more amazing earthbound music like the sky tripper theme.

1. Frigate Orpheon
-
The Metroid Prime Trilogy is my favorite trilogy in gaming. I was very excited to finally see a stage from that trilogy in brawl. I was disappointed to not see it represented again in Smash Bros 4. Even though I am also a fan of Norfair. I would be a chance to possibly have more Prime series music. I also enjoyed the stage flipping and the random moving platforms moving in to save your character at the last moment.

Honorable Mention:
Kongo Jungle (Melee)

- This stage was a stage I have many vivid memories from. Especially riding the logs or hiding on the rock.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smash 64 Yoshi's Island
Smash 64 Saffron City
Melee Fourside
Melee Great Bay
Melee Kongo Jungle

But personally, I'd like to have ALL stages come back... all the stages from Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, 3DS, and Wii U in one Smash game.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Fourside - The music and atmosphere of that stage was amazing and I miss it dearly.

Great Bay - I want at least one stage in Smash with permanent swimmable water, and Great Bae would fill that role beautifully

Pokemon Stadium 1 OR Prism Tower - Plz, there aren't enough Pokemon stages and the ones we have are mediocre at best. I also want some Pokemon XD music up in here

Pirate Ship - Not a legal stage ever, but it was so much fun to play on and Toon Link needs a home.

Meta Crystal 64 - WHY HAS THIS STAGE NEVER BEEN IN ANY MULTIPLAYER MODE IN A SMASH GAME. It's such a great stage!

yoyo246

Smash Rookie
NNID
starman1289
3DS FC
1564-5742-1468
Brinstar depths
Venom
Spear pillar
Pirate ship

Awesome N KeyBlade

Smash Rookie
1. PokeFloats 2: The first one was one of my favorite stages in melee for it's creativity. Now with over 700 pokemon, thereis no telling what it could be like. Plus, you could make it's Omega variant could have you fight on the back of a pokemon, and have the pokemon you fight on change every time you fight on the stage.
2. Fountain of Dreams: A classic stage from melee that I'm honestly surprised that it has not been confirmed.
3. Final Destination (Classic): With this stage you can have it be melee FD normally, and switch to Brawl FD in Omega.
4. Pirate Ship: The only reason I would say this stage is so they can make it look like "Wind Waker HD"; and so the Omega version could be the pirate ship in the sky with the rainbow in the background.
5. Big Blue: Easily my favorite stage in melee, big blue is just such a fantastic stage.

yoyo246

Smash Rookie
NNID
starman1289
3DS FC
1564-5742-1468
I Forgot about big blue. which should also be a stage

Last edited:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
1. Meta Crystal (Metal Mario's stage on Smash 64.) It had such epic music!
2. Frigate Orpheon (One of my favorite stages from Brawl. Samus's)
3. Fountain of Dreams (Really Sakurai!? Green Greens 64 over Fountain of Dreams!?)
4. Termina
5. Corneria (Melee and 64. Such a fun stage to fight on)

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
No particular order, but I'd like them to be more redone/remastered than ported (aside from Magicant)
  • MAGICANT: Magicant/Eight Melodies is one of my top 5 tracks for Smash 4, the stage is my favorite (It was a beautiful recreation of an environment from an NES game) and I can't see it on an HDTV with the best graphic settings I can muster? Yes, I can hear the song if I play on Onett, but I want the pretty pink clouds :ness:
  • Big Blue: The music rocks. Stage is fun, yet weird to fight on, but it's not one of those cluster****s that are Orbital Gate Assault (as visually appealing as the stage actually is) or 75m.
  • Corneria/Sector Z: I wanna fight on my Great Fox D:< and if you MUST, dev team, use the Copperhead missiles from Sector Z as a hazard. Katt Monroe and Bill guest appearances pls
    • off topic: People usually go for Krystal as a fem StarFox rep, but what about Katt :yeahboi:
  • Mushroom Kingdom 64: Prepare for the online warp pipe trolls
  • Fourside: Good music. Omega form would be great, since I don't get a homefield disadvantage if I choose Ness. In a perfect world, there would be a Moonside transformation.
edit: lmao I forgot about New Pork. I fully support New Pork City. Awesome music there too.

Last edited:

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
Sector Z
Saffron City
Fountain of Dreams
Fourside
Pirate Ship, Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Summit, or Spear Pillar

Last edited:

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
I have very fond memories of playing Corneria with friends.

I'd like it back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom