• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What 20XX versions can I play on a gamecube?

looking guy

Smash Cadet
Heloo, everyone;
So basically I just wanted to know what are the versions of 20XX that can be played on a gamecube and if you are kind enough explain the installation process.
I hope you guys can help me with this one.

LLDL

Smash Hero
You can play the 20xx training pack on a gamecube if your cube is modded.

20XXwingleborgXxx

Smash Apprentice
I Dont think so besause 20XXTE is a add on you can delte at any time. To be honest i dont know so mush about it i have only tried it once when i was i USA.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm not sure if that's true or not because I haven't ever used TE, but I would suspect that if you have both Melee and 20XX on the same memory card some weird garbage will happen. The first save file the GameCube finds will probably be used since Melee isn't supposed to use multiple save files, but I'm not sure what will happen. I don't think it will delete any photos you take in Camera Mode, though, because those are all saved separately from each-other.

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
As long as you set different game codes (easy to do with HxD), you use different memory card files, so they won't interfere.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
yea

But how do you connect a GC Memory Card to a PC to get different gamecodes like Kadano said in post #9? (sorry if I am too dumb for this)
I've got no clue, unless there's a memory card adapter.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Could you copy the files onto an SD card then copy those onto the GC card with a Wii? Would the Wii allow it?
If his Wii is hacked I'm sure there's a way to do it, but if he had a hacked Wii why wouldn't he just boot 20XX off of the hard drive or a USB?

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
If his Wii is hacked I'm sure there's a way to do it, but if he had a hacked Wii why wouldn't he just boot 20XX off of the hard drive or a USB?
Yeah, I don't know... you get 20XX easily off another card and your melee save would be on it... I don't see why you'd really need a computer at all.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yeah, I don't know... you get 20XX easily off another card and your melee save would be on it... I don't see why you'd really need a computer at all.
20XX and Melee have the same game codes, so you would need to change one of them so that they don't get confused with each-other. Also, I don't know anyone who has put 20XX on a memory card (aside from TE,) so unless he has a friend with a modded Wii and 20XX, he'd be out of luck.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well I actually have some friends with modded Wiis (and 20xx hack pack) but what difference will that make?
If your friends have 20XXTE, you can make a copy to your memory card and boot it from the name select screen.

EDIT: I should specify that it doesn't work with the normal training pack, though, and TE has some really weird glitches that normal 20XX doesn't have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom