• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WGW's guide to Bowser in Brawl {Attacks added, Glossary developing}

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
My greatest concern:

What if they make him 'too good'? You know. He becomes the new cheap character that everyone loves to play as. That would make me a sad panda . . .

Being a Bowser main was what made players like us unique.
I realy doubt that. bowser being a large and slow character(if he is still slow) is easily combo'd. unless they made his skills over the top strong I dont see that happening. although with that pimp shell...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I realy doubt that. bowser being a large and slow character(if he is still slow) is easily combo'd. unless they made his skills over the top strong I dont see that happening. although with that pimp shell...
Because aerials can be performed more quickly, he's as good as the next guy, everyone is "floatier" and they get speed boosts just because moves are faster. Therefore, Bowser has recieved a bit of an improvement in the speed area too. Especially since all moves L cancel from what we've heard.

And for the bowser challenge, I know what you're driving at, but it's kind of ridiculous when you think about it. Like Gimpy said, even the best still aren't good enough for it to be a legit benchmark of your skill. I'd be glad to play you in a bowser ditto when brawl comes out.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Hell, I'll be glad to play any of you in a bowser ditto when brawl comes out. Imagine the queue gimpy will have for bowser dittos haha, shotgun first place at getting mauled (not gonna hppen since brawl comes out later here).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Inferno, think we should make a registry thread for those planning to main bowser? heh, get some wii numbers exchanged so we can organize dittos. I'm definitely down for dittos with any of you guys.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Hell yes. It's a great Idea, should I make a thread? We can keep track of all the wii numbers (I'm always looking to add more people), people can request off each other etc and when brawl comes out it can be updated with all the brawl codes. Kinda like on the PP forums (where I get most of my friend codes off XD).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Let's do it. I've tried to make wii code registries in anticipation of Brawl, but they have never been allowed by mod's, but this is a Bowser Finder lol.

EDIT: You wanna make it or should I?

EDIT2: I can make it tonight after my homework, and we can be cofounders of the Brawl Bowser Finder.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
hey off-topic question but how do u find out your Wii Code...???

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
go into the calendar bit of the wii (where you get messanges) then click the little notebook thingy (on the bottom right side of the screen, the furthest left one) then click on address book.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
IMO i see bowser more or less in a "Marth vs Falco sceneario" with most charadters in Brawl.
What i mean?: Falco can combo the hell out of Marth, but Marth needs just a few blows to kill him. IMO this will be the overall bowser in Brawl, a character that will receive great punishment form speedy chars, but that will have the necessary weapons to land few decisive blows.

IMO, Now Bowser will need to play tactical instead of technical. The difference now is that he actually has what he needs to suceed against speedy chars is used properly.

Well i hope it will be this way.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dont advertise a player finder

in fact, a player finder shouldn't exist in teh brawl boards yet, if my mood drops for any reason i might just close it, because it doesnt' make any sense to have one now

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yes Gimpy... should we even keep this one? your thread about Brawl impressions seems to cover all this. Is it really useful to jsut regurgitate only the info pertaining to Bowser?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
to answer ur question...Bowser is one of my secondaries...not my main...but close enough...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually his golden shell looks REALLY cool, but i dont need that plate mail armor myself, so red bowser it is.

or maybe i'll take the gold one so you will all be copying me by using him eh? XD

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Normal or the blue-green color scheme for me. Sure it's cool, but I agree with the gold plated shells overuse potential. If bowser players used anything everyone else was, we'd be marths and foxes 0.o

Bowser Smasher

Smash Cadet
Watched many vids, only one caught my eye, and it was about Bowser, Aries. Bowser tears it up now, but how will he do in 3-4 player matches? He is the biggest target, except DK, and will probably be taking the most hits, right?

Chains

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Aries' Bowser 69% to 0% on Link?
Just wow. But, I am thinking of maining bling Bowser......he's just awesome, and Bowser actually looks good in brawl.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
LOL You guys are ridiculous..Bowser still sucks LUL!!!

jk...he looks pretty top notch this time around. I like that Kirby throw he has rofl. Still won't be playing him but it's nice to see people are setting out to main him.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
LOL You guys are ridiculous..Bowser still sucks LUL!!!

jk...he looks pretty top notch this time around. I like that Kirby throw he has rofl. Still won't be playing him but it's nice to see people are setting out to main him.

I would play my Bowser vs. your marth/whoever you use anyday.

RESPECT TEH BOOZER

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I would play my Bowser vs. your marth/whoever you use anyday.

RESPECT TEH BOOZER
Unfortunately....you'd lose. But anyway you must have missed the "jk" in my post. I said he looks pretty good this time around.. *_* And also if you're ever in NYC we can Money Match lulz.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Unfortunately....you'd lose. But anyway you must have missed the "jk" in my post. I said he looks pretty good this time around.. *_* And also if you're ever in NYC we can Money Match lulz.
Do you go to any big tournaments or anything? I have family in New york so I'm able to travel to bigger things, so if theres ever something big I'd probably be able to go, and look you up for some Bowser vs. ???

*added to buddy list for future reference*

You will respekt teh boozer XD

Top Bottom