• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Melee Crews @ Genesis 2 (NOW UPDATED WITH POTENTIAL LINE UP)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Texas used to be:

but then DoH left D;
<3

Remember that time I played for West Coast and I told Hugo not to put me in against Dope because **** Falco, but instead put me in against Vidjo because I had just beaten Cort in pool dittos, but then Hugo put me in against Dope anyway to meh results and then got mopped by Vidjo himself?

Good times West Coast.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I know! M3D said that in like 08 after brawl came out in the BR. I keep it as a reminder

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Who else do we have for PP other than mango?
Perhaps Axe

Since almost all of the matchmaking in this thread is based off of single sets, friendlies, and old matches (people going back to TourneyPlay where SS played M2k)

Axe JV2'd Peepee twice at Pound 4 and JV2'd him in the Falco RR at Apex.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Not to diss Axe but that's long time ago =/

EDIT - Did Jeff play PP at Pound 5 and if so how well did he do?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Not to diss Axe but that's long time ago =/
yeah i mentioned that

people in this thread are citing hella old matches... like someone referring to SS vs Mew2king from some old TourneyPlay.

plus Apex wasn't *that* long ago

aaaaaaaaand as long as he doesn't get absolutely whooped by Peepee, it's all good. based on his recent performance, he's one of the best contenders on the crew for fighting Peepee behind Mango.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I just got off work a little ago, but now I'm here to post this.

I will be PMing my first 5 guaranteed starters by tomorrow night so that they may accept or decline the offer to be on the crew.

I will likely release their names shortly thereafter, though I'm wary about giving the info out publicly.

Should things remain as up-in-the-air as they have been, I'll likely disclose 10 players that are candidates for taking the remaining 7 spots to be decided as we come closer to the crew battle.

HugS™

Smash Lord
OK everyone, I have updated the first post with a near official line-up.

I have selected 5 starters, which I don't much feel like posting publicly just yet. One of these people needs to respond to my PM before I put him on the crew.

The other 7 spots will be filled from the list of 10 players that I put on the first post.

1. Are you super willing to play on the crew battle if asked? That is, are you 100% ready to deal with the pressure?
2. Have you been practicing?
3. If not, do you feel that you will practice enough in the coming days to be ready for Genesis?
4. Are there any reasons you can give me for why you should/should not be on the crew battle?
1. yeah
2. yeah
3. n/a
4. im used to being in crew battles. i was in the pound 3 and apex crew battle and did ok. we do crews at our tourneys.

people i would choose from those 10:

silent spectre
silent wolf
hugs
johnny
oscar
lucien
wobbles

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah i'd probably pick the exact same people as otto

maybe switching eggz for johnny or oscar, but i figure he understands eggz more than i do, so i trust his judgment

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
that makes a lot of sense... i was still wondering why otto didn't put eggz in his list
that's quite unfortunate, though

Shroomed

Smash Master
I don't think Lucien should be on the crew. He hasn't been to a single tournament in a ridiculous amount of time and from what I hear all he's been practicing with is bob$. I just don't feel like that's enough practice for this crew battle. Just my .02

Shroomed

Smash Master
SFAT has a good sheik as well as fox, just saying. I'd seriously consider him. We have been playing a LOT lately so I know he has plenty of good practice for sure.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Mango
Joey
Oscar
Johnny
Me
Fly
Axe
Silent Wolf (assuming he's in good practice since his practice partner got jailed <3 Eggz)
Pewpewu (i really think we could use a marth and kevin is still good)
SFAT

I'm sure if you chose Zac he would practice his sheik for the next 3-4 days with me because I'm going to his house tomorrow. I didn't choose Wobbles because we don't need two IC's imo and as of now I think Fly is a little better. Jeff is grossly out of practice from what I saw saturday, and no offense but I haven't seen you lately Hugo. Sheik > samus anyway as far as I'm concerned, sorry bro. We have enough mid tiers anyway. The rest is pretty straightforward.

Lovage

Smash Hero
played hugo tonight, he's still in decent shape i think

i think when you let yourself rust up as many times as hugo has done over his career it becomes easier to get it back lol

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I don't think Lucien should be on the crew. He hasn't been to a single tournament in a ridiculous amount of time and from what I hear all he's been practicing with is bob$. I just don't feel like that's enough practice for this crew battle. Just my .02
let's play wednesday.

The King

Smash Ace
Bring the Player to a crew battle, not the character. It would be pretty ******** to leave off a seasoned vet like Wobbles just because the crew might have "one too many IC's", when he's proven that he can play well against the best in the game & perform well under the gun. You think the EC has cared against character diversity in the past? "Lol let's just stack up 8 fox mains, we're good to go."

You don't put players onto a crew battle because you think you need their character. You don't, no matter what character it is. What you *do* need are 10 of the most exceptional players in the region, who can also perform well under high-pressure situations in front of the entire world of smashers.

The King

Smash Ace
Bring the Player to a crew battle, not the character. It would be pretty ******** to leave off a seasoned vet like Wobbles just because the crew might have "one too many IC's", when he's proven that he can play well against the best in the game & perform well under the gun. You think the EC has cared against character diversity in the past? "Lol let's just stack up 8 fox mains, we're good to go."

You don't put players onto a crew battle because you think you need their character. You don't, no matter what character it is. What you *do* need are 10 of the most exceptional players in the region, who can also perform well under high-pressure situations in front of the entire world of smashers.

eggz is out of jail now and i would put him over sfat/pewpewu (he beat them both recently), but not lover lucien. i feel a good shiek is more important than another fox.

edit: assuming luciens still hella good.

Top Bottom