• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wes Puts Smash On Blast In His 6th Episode About Custom Moves

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm just sick and tired of Melee. Only having a handfull of viable characters in the game bores me to hell, and its been those same characters for over a decade now. Similar things can be said about Brawl with seeing MK in nearly every tournament match along with Ice Climber's broken ass chain grabs winning tournaments. Project M renders both games completely redundant anyways with the game being miles better in almost every aspect. I don't care what any Melee fanboy has to say. The only reason they can't move on is because they can't adapt if their life depended on it. They hate Project M because Melee's top tier characters are no longer the only viable ones, even though the game is basically Melee2.0.

Anyways, I'm glad Smash 4 won't be nearly as imbalanced as the previous installments. Less AT's are also a good thing imo because it gives my hands a break after playing high level PM for so long. Sm4sh won't be quite as input-hungry. Custom movesets being legal makes things even more exiting since it adds a crapton of variety on top of the 51 characters in the roster, most of which show promise in terms of viability on their own. It's clear at this point that Smash 4 will last a long time in the scene and will be a great competitive game. I can't wait to see what will become of it in the coming years.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What are you talking about? I assume you mixed up Smash 4 in Melee in your post but regardless you didn't respond to anything I said...
I said that Melee is better competitively than Smash 4 from what we've seen now...obviously Smash 4 deserves a chance to prove itself but it shouldn't just become the main game solely for the fact that its new.
Well, you said in your first post that melee was more competitive than smash 4, then after I replied you said smash 4 has yet to prove itself..... I just didn't make sense to me. Ah well, doesn't matter now. :seuss:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Well, you said in your first post that melee was more competitive than smash 4, then after I replied you said smash 4 has yet to prove itself..... I just didn't make sense to me. Ah well, doesn't matter now. :seuss:
This is what I said in my first post "So far its proven itself as a much better competitive game than Smash 4" I clearly implied that Smash 4 has a chance of being a good competitive game. I've been reiterating the same points not sure how you don't understand them.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
This is what I said in my first post "So far its proven itself as a much better competitive game than Smash 4" I clearly implied that Smash 4 has a chance of being a good competitive game. I've been reiterating the same points not sure how you don't understand them.

"Why do people call Melee outdated? Solely for the fact that its old? So far its proven itself as a much better competitive game than Smash 4 and it still evolves and puts up huge numbers at tournaments 13 years after release."

Copied straight from your first post, which you clearly said that melee is more competitive than Smash 4, alot better one in facr... but then again it doesn't matter now, like I said before :seuss:

Last edited:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
"Why do people call Melee outdated? Solely for the fact that its old? So far its proven itself as a much better competitive game than Smash 4 and it still evolves and puts up huge numbers at tournaments 13 years after release."

Copied straight from your first post, which you clearly said that melee is more competitive than Smash 4, alot better one in facr... but then again it doesn't matter now, like I said before :seuss:
I'm really not sure how to get this across to you. Please try reading this sentence from my original post one more time. "So far its proven itself as a much better competitive game than Smash 4" So far. But I guess this doesn't matter to you because you have no real argument.

BerzerkPixel

Smash Cadet
I agree with everything with this video. However, even tho Smash 4 needs some focus to grow, that shouldn't be a reason to hinder TOs from having Melee or Brawl tournaments or even 64 tournaments. Have a mash of everything.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm really not sure how to get this across to you. Please try reading this sentence from my original post one more time. "So far its proven itself as a much better competitive game than Smash 4" So far. But I guess this doesn't matter to you because you have no real argument.
I'm really not sure how to get this across to you. Please try and read the end of my last post "but then again, it doesn't matter now, like I said before :seuss:" but I guess it doesn't matter to you because you can't read properly :p

Last edited:

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Personally, As a competitive player (like most of you), I think custom moves are VITAL to making smash 4 the new melee (in terms of meta AND respect). I'm tired of all these vets, as old as the rest of us, trying to retcon all games back to the simplicity of melee. this game is its own thing, and it doesnt need those unwilling to adapt to weigh it down. THIS IS NOT MELEE. MELEE IS DEAD in terms of innovation. It's time to accept this and let it take up a side position. Project M is still growing, but we need to endorse the new game for its entirety and allow it to flourish. Custom moves are the way of the future. Melee has run its course, but it shouldnt be forgotten. I'm tired of playing the same old game since 2001.

Last edited:
Top Bottom