• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wes fans read this

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well...I spectated a decent performance of his vs. Forward in August, around the same time my average Link maining friend beat his Samus on Dreamland64. Granted it was one match won out of four, but my friend ain't as good as you seem to think Wes is.
I'm pretty sure that wes sandbags. A lot.

Hax

Smash Champion
well i was in web2zone not to long ago when wes was crew battling team swat and he went on smash on these guys except for 1, and these guys were'nt noobs.
haha that was me. i beat wes, get at me. :p i like wes' play style over hugs, but hugs is undeniably better because he uses pink samus

edit: what a G

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Mars: I would too if I was him. Just presenting the facts so you know why I feel the way I do.

HUGQ: Personally, it's stressful to ALWAYS play my best.

I'd reserve a copy as well. I probably would know 80% of the content already, but I always love to read the manual. ESPECIALLY when it's written by a user.

Hax: "G"?

Of course. Who could argue that point? :p

Samus1031

Smash Apprentice
im tired of people getting on wes for losing but they dont look at his winnings and why his name is big in the smash world,they need to just hop off and drop off his c**k and let him be

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Samus1031: 'Cause Wes "invented" Samus, right? I'll admit that Wes IS better than me, but that doesn't mean I couldn't play the character before he came along.

Mars: Cool...yeah, I know. It's not often you meet someone sensible in the smash community. :p Makes me sad that we disagree on anything.

Samus1031

Smash Apprentice
i didnt say anything about wes inventing samus im just trying to stop all this "hugs is better then wes"and "wes gettin washed up".i bet if any of ya played wes ya would get washed up yourself. he has a title of pro samus.most people dont have that title and the people that dont there saying wes is wak.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Alright, well if you believe Wes is good then try to learn something from him. I only asked that question because I was surprised people at a pro tournament were talking that way.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Alright, well if you believe Wes is good then try to learn something from him. I only asked that question because I was surprised people at a pro tournament were talking that way.
Rofl, please tell me any tech skill that wasn't invented by wes?

Bosh

Smash Cadet
some1 please explain to me how to do the swd im new to smash i've only been playing for a couple months didn't have a gc my friend has the gc and wii so some1 explain plz.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
some1 please explain to me how to do the swd im new to smash i've only been playing for a couple months didn't have a gc my friend has the gc and wii so some1 explain plz.
"Official" Super Wavedash Discussion <= This is a good place to start. -hint hint wink wink-

I think the devs "invented" most of the tech skill, lol.

Well let's see here...Wes does plenty of things like WDing and Lcanceling that you can learn from ANY other half-way player; he missile cancels and uses the extended grapple, both of which, as well as similar techniques, can either be learned from a different Samus or discovered on one's own, and he uses pivoting, shield dashing, and other random techniques that loads of players use. As for what he's "invented", I wouldn't know because I didn't follow his play while I was learning. But THAT's exactly my point. I didn't watch Wes at all, and even though I had no idea what he was up to, I still managed to figure out a wide array of stuff. So he really DIDN'T "invent" the character.

hugQ Cortex

Master
HugS was the only competitive Samus player I've seen use pivoting so effectively. I still don't see many Samus players use this technique at all, let alone effectively. If anything, I'd say he "invented" pivoting for Samus, a technique crucial to her ground game.

Watty

Smash Lord
STOP SAYING INVENTED, he utilized it with samus b4 any1, or developed a technique with it for her b4 any1 but not invented.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
why is everyone disregarding phanna?
I think he's right up there with Hugs in terms of skill.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I remember hearing that SWD was discovered by a Japanese player who told Wes about it.

In tech skill, I'd even say he's better than HugS, but get him in a tournament against other highly skilled players, and he really only does a decent job.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I remember hearing that SWD was discovered by a Japanese player who told Wes about it.
I'm sure wes didn't discover it, but as watty was stating, he invented the use for many of the techniques that you guys use. Wes has at some point used every technique probably known.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I'm sure wes didn't discover it, but as watty was stating, he invented the use for many of the techniques that you guys use. Wes has at some point used every technique probably known.
Which techniques did he invent the use for?

Phanna's got me beat in technical skill in some areas. He's not tied with me in skill overall.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
He was the first person I ever saw actually use the duck-cancel jab trick that I see HugS use a lot now. Not sure if anyone really used it before him...

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I can accept hugs is the best samus but you people need to hop the **** off of wes' back just because he's not as good as he used to be.

He's not ****ty, and doesn't sandbag in tournament I don't know where you people get your info from but you don't know what you are talking about he is still pretty **** good and IMO is probably still up there with the top Sami(?) but i don't think you can deny he has definitely slipped, and although I am not in touch with the samus community much i wouldn't be surprised and in fact I would be a bit disappointed if noone has taken the title of second best samus from Wes.

HugS

Smash Champion
He was the first person I ever saw actually use the duck-cancel jab trick that I see HugS use a lot now. Not sure if anyone really used it before him...
No, he hasn't been using it. People on the EC tell him he should start using it after seeing me do it. He's probably done it, but he doesn't use it as an effective technique. There's a difference.

EX: I know there are people who have used the up B before me...but i'm still credited with the technique.

And FYI wes has the title of 2nd best samus without question.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
No, he hasn't been using it. People on the EC tell him he should start using it after seeing me do it.
Wow, this is the most ignorant post I've ever seen you make.

The very first day I ever had videos recorded, sometime in July, uploaded after Shiz finally gave me the videos off his VCR on August 9th 2006:

YouTube: phanna vs SmashMac friendly

Observe the jab cancelling @ 1:14.
Show me the first video you use jab cancelling in.

I remember when you got the idea from me, and Rohins and I remember laughing at how bad you were at using it. You VISIBLY crouched between jabs, and were terribly ineffective. I paved the way for JC, especially with Samus.

The fact that you'd claim you did it before me and that I followed others on it is the opposite; I've always been the poster child for jab cancelling and edge cancelling, telling everyone about it. Lots of EC people now use it, and I know you followed suit. Tool.

CKRikou

Smash Rookie

The very first day I ever had videos recorded, sometime in July, uploaded after Shiz finally gave me the videos off his VCR on August 9th 2006:

I remember when you got the idea from me, and Rohins and I remember laughing at how bad you were at using it. You VISIBLY crouched between jabs, and were terribly ineffective. I paved the way for JC, especially with Samus.

The fact that you'd claim you did it before me and that I followed others on it is the opposite; I've always been the poster child for jab cancelling and edge cancelling, telling everyone about it. Lots of EC people now use it, and I know you followed suit. Tool.

No one could possibly refute this huge piece of evidence.

Mars-

Smash Champion

PHANNA ANGRY!!!!

HugS

Smash Champion

Let me start off by saying...CALM THE **** DOWN!

Firstly, i sincerely remember applying this technique to my samus after Forward of AZ informed me of it. I always knew of the technique, but I didn't apply it until he let me know that he uses it. As with many techniques, people don't start using them until they see people winning with them. Perhaps that's why your incredible feats did not catch on with the higher areas of the tournament community. I guess some people want proof that it works before singing your praises for using a technique.

Show me where I said specifically that "I invented the use for it".
Did I imply it with my last post? Possibly.

Did I believe I was the first to start using it with samus? yes. But did I make such a bold claim as "I invented it before anyone and am the ONLY one that used it". Fuuuuck No. But you sure acted like it. I know I can be wrong, so I try not to make such strong claims unless I'm sure.

What I said was "People on the EC tell him he should start using it after seeing me do it." And I was telling the truth. That statement was in reference to the instance where PC chris went back home and told Wes that he should start using the technique. PC came back to a tournament here in california to tell me the story. Sorry, but I don't have a video where i can pinpoint 2 seconds of footage in a friendly conversation proving that he said this. My apologies.

I'm sorry to offend you, but when players like m2k, PC, cactuar, etc show legitimate surprise to a Samus jab cancelling, it's hard to believe that you really did pave the way for the use of it on the East coast. If you did I'm sorry, but the bigger people never got to it until they saw my samus doing it. Maybe they didn't catch your friendlies online.

I wouldn't be coming at you with this attitude if you didn't just accuse me of raising hell on earth. I never had a problem with you until you started acting as if I purposely steal people's **** in order to claim it my own. I have influences here and there, but I give credit where credit is due. YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE CREDIT BECAUSE YOU DID NOT TEACH ME THIS AND I DID NOT STEAL IT FROM YOU. I NEVER KNEW YOU DID IT BEFORE ME. So really, am I stealing credit from you?

I don't mean to sound elitist right now, but if you REALLY want the recognition for the little things you do, you gotta start going out there and winning with them, like I have.

I worked too hard at this **** to have some bratty kid in florida get pissed off at me for claiming title to a technique that he happens to use as well; A technique that he can't really claim his own because he doesn't get his *** out there to actually WIN with it and influence tournament players across the nation.

The youtube smashers can continue to see you as the godfather of JC. I'll just continue getting down and dirty with the tournament scene. Calm down.

lol hugs is prolly gonna **** me and mango x_x
and
Phanna said:
i rly hope u dont start talkin about how you were the 1st to implement edge canceling now too

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
No, he hasn't been using it. People on the EC tell him he should start using it after seeing me do it. He's probably done it, but he doesn't use it as an effective technique. There's a difference.
This post was a total lie and fabrication. I don't care how long of a post you write when you are proven incorrect.

HugS

Smash Champion
This post was a total lie and fabrication. I don't care how long of a post you write when you are proven incorrect.
This post was a total act of Douchebaggery. I don't care how short of a post you write, you are still a douchebag for not reading my response and realizing that the very post you are referring to was in fact 100% without lies.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'll read your post later, but you were being an arrogant **** when you said I didn't use it, that you used it, that the EC picked it up, and then told me to use it.

I wasn't angry until Silent Wolf and Eggz showed up, since they're the two most annoying ****s out there.

Wolf: No, I never claimed to invent edge cancelling, or even jab cancelling, but I have used them forever, and always recomended them to everyone I've met. Your ****ty tech video was a lame spin-off of phannacies, for fox, with even worse attempts at edge cancelling. You copy me then act like a ******. Nice.

Eggz: Your even more annoying. Nobody I've met besides XIF thinks either of you two are anything but assclowns.

back to HugS: I have total respect for what you've done with Samus, but when you act like a cocky **** towards me of course I'm going to be like this. I will read your post later, I'm just playing dota right now.

Phagit said:
Wolf: No, I never claimed to invent edge cancelling, or even jab cancelling, but I have used them forever, and always recomended them to everyone I've met. Your ****ty tech video was a lame spin-off of phannacies, for fox, with even worse attempts at edge cancelling. You copy me then act like a ******. Nice.
LOL Phannacies was a horrible video, and so was mine. In case you haven't sen me post several times that everything in my video I could have done over a year and a half ago, same with yours lol. Pretty sure i recorded for like 10 minutes to make that. Copy you...? lol no. Pretty sre I was trying to make that vid for the longest time, WA is as lazy as you are bad. Get over how cocky we are or w/e you think, we don't care what you think lol.

Gea

Smash Master
Wait, since this is Samus on Samus action, is this a catfight?

<.<; and Phanna, while SW's vids aren't really that impressive technically, you can't lay claim to making vids about tech skill. Honestly I don't think SW made vids because you did, but moreso because WA loves to attentionwhore. That is like a fact of life. Once you get past this attention-whoring they are good guys. Till then? Annoying. Seriously annoying to see the **** riding towards them that happens. But you know what? Oh well. Meet up with them? Some of the nicest guys you'll meet.

But Phanna... I think you're taking this all the wrong way. Why does it really matter who used what first? Seriously. Hugs is NOT an arrogant guy. He is human, he makes mistakes because he only knows what he knows. So what? He already admitted to being wrong about using it before you.

Just calm down.

HugS

Smash Champion
OK, since you only read maybe the first line of a post. Let me get your attention now, I FIGURED IT OUT. YOU MADE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A DOUCHEBAG SIMPY BY MISREADING A LINE. Do i have your attention now?

Which techniques did he invent the use for?
So clearly, I was referring to wes when I asked my question, right? Because I added a seperate quote when I mentioned your name. Let's continue.

So now Nintendude answers my question by referring to Wes. He responded to my question about wes, so he must have been talking about wes. NOT YOU.

So now I respond to Nintendude with this
Now, do you see where you ****ed up? I was never talking about you to begin with. I was talking about wes. Be more careful next time and don't make such an *** of yourself. Fin.

Gea, I made that video because I talk a lot of **** on SWF about being technical and everyone does, so I thought I should get proof. bad thing is, people think that's all there is to SW. Play me irl before attacking anythign that has to do with my tech skill, Phanna, and you'll see.

edit - and phanna, ive never copied you, and never will lol. samus? LOL

Gea

Smash Master
Gea, I made that video because I talk a lot of **** on SWF about being technical and everyone does, so I thought I should get proof. bad thing is, people think that's all there is to SW. Play me irl before attacking anythign that has to do with my tech skill, Phanna, and you'll see.
Honestly, the **** talking is what I mean about being attention whores. You guys are some of the better-known players to the community overall because of this moreso than because of your playing skill. Not to say you guys are bad (by any stretch of the imagination), but it kinda of ended up being DBR part II.

If you get what I'm saying.

But you guys are too good to hang out with.

Top Bottom