• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're having a big challenge from the Fox boards

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I hate the Fox matchup. His shield pressure is brutal, and getting caught in a drill usually results in some form of combo (up tilt, grab, or upsmash depending on the situation). If he comes from directly above you, he can also reflector DK out of the up+b without getting hit.

While I have a lot of experience with the matchup, I have almost no experience playing on WiFi.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Fox is quite possibly one of the most annoying matchups I've played with DK. But he's also one of the most satisfying characters to KO at low percents with an Fsmash :D

Mith_

Smash Champion
Fox is quite possibly one of the most annoying matchups I've played with DK. But he's also one of the most satisfying characters to KO at low percents with an Fsmash :D
Fox is fast an powerful, a lethal combo.
Usmash kills DK around 100% with DI it sucks >.>

Like Nix said if you get drilled then he will most def follow up and its hard to get out of his floow up because its so many things he could do.

Anyways, GL guys.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've decided that I don't really have time for this. One of the other DK's who wants the 5th spot should take it; not me.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
This sounds like a fun, positive way to shed some light on the match up at hand.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
This looks like a cool idea, and it would be cool to see if this could spread to other boards.
And I'm sure you guys should represent, although you should practice up you online a bit as it seems youre all not experienced with online(except ook, I've probably lost to him in online AiB dittos like 6 times by now)

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'm special, mine is mew

I'm specialer, mine is Akira Kurasawa.

So anyway, when is this happening? I'm looking forward to the results. I've only played one good Fox before, so I'm anxious to see what its like if the players actually know the matchup. I have a feeling its close to even, but I'm looking forward to some results.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
The trick to Fox is to **** him with safe attacks and don't let him jump on you. If you can do that its ggsauce. Fox doesn't have anything good that doesn't come from a grab or jumping on you and he has no priority in this game whatsoever, and DK is made of it, so I'd give it 7:3 DK among expert players.

crifer

Smash Lord
lol 7:3 is a little bit much,
but u r right, aerial approches can be beaten by bair or utilt
and ground approaches can be beaten by dtilt, downb, upb and so on...
u just have to watch for dash shield grabs, pivot grabs and maybe fair as a approach,
they can end bad for DK... yeah DK´s fair works really well to edgeguard him and the underhandthrow under the stage is nice :)

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
In my overall opinion and experience, I utterly believe fox is the easiest character of all. He's easy to gimp, his recovery is predictable, he's always in air mind you, dk has more range, and the list goes on.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
*facepalm* Ive seen your name at AiB alot too, i didnt know you mained DK
And we should decide the 5th person in DK dittos, makes sense and lets the not so well known show what they have
Lets do it!

Mon-E

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-3575-4636
ill take a slot if someone lets me, i may notbe much on smashboards but im more on All is Brawl.

-Stash

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I would to beat the crap out of FOx...it's too easy to play DK online...lag makes him a monstare!!!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So when is this happenin?

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey im interested, i actually play both fox and DK, i have a pretty good internet connection, i can rep either side or both if you guys want, im a regular tourney goer here in the midwest and i do pretty well.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, it's looking like

DK's
Bigfoot
Ripple
i1337
Ook
Ragnorok/CBK/Jingo Joe/Ultimo/everyone/everyone's grandma

Foxes
Samboner
???
profit

wanna get 9-10 instead of 5?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
But I want to play too :(

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I can has play for both sides nao.

I bet I could play for DK, my dk is pretty good.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I don't think a nobody like Ripple can handle something this big. I mean, is he really that good? He sounds like a scrub. I un-nominate Ripple. >:(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't think a nobody like Ripple can handle something this big. I mean, is he really that good? He sounds like a scrub. I un-nominate Ripple. >:(
I'm gonna go ahead and let other people tear this post apart instead of me.

Top Bottom