• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

were alternate colors cut in brawl?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
i remember watching a video of sonic and he was black, like shadow black.

so were colors changed?

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
I know there's a Shadow texture change for Sonic (I think it's called a texture change, whatever,) but due to video qualities all being different, Sonic could've looked black. There IS a black Sonic color, but it just changes his glove ends and shoes to black and darkens him a bit.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't think he was ever seen in any official videos as black, as people were picking apart everything possible from those videos to things like Ridley and Bowser are in the clouds!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think he was ever seen in any official videos as black, as people were picking apart everything possible from those videos to things like Ridley and Bowser are in the clouds!
haha i heard that too :p

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
it's called texture hacking. almost everybody does it. Just look up texture hacking, it allows you to make your own colors. Also something really important.... um... dang, some pretty picture on my desk made me forget. >_<

OH YEA! There WERE some empty texture files for characters on the disk, most of them with almost identical names to other colors of the character but ending in something like "dmg" or "dmgd" which leaves us to believe that the characters originally had "damaged" textures (like torn clothing, scars, etc.) for corresponding colors but that they were cut out in order to try and get an E rating (which didn't really work out).

Top Bottom