• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Smash Quirks?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
When I play casually with my friends, we tend to be outbursting, unlike competitive play. I figured we weren't the only ones, so I wanted to ask, what are your smash quirks?

For example, whenever I used sheik's needles, I would scream, "PIN MISSLE PIN MISSLE" like in the online series "Unforgotten Realms". Some other ones were yelling Falcon Punch when we use the move, and when G&W flipped eggs and bacon I would yell, "Suck on this meat!" etc.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I would often yell "Air Jordans" when doing Ganon's Dair, since I always joked he stomped on their heads with his Jordans. Of course, Ganon wears boots, but I was younger when I came up with that joke, and I guess it sort of stuck.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Whenever I keep mashing any character with a continual jab (Fox, Kirby, etc.), I mutter; "MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA...!" or "DAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAH...!" as if I were doing one of those rapid flurry punches from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Fist of the North Star. No one I've played with got the reference yet, unfortunately. :(

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
when my friend plays mario, we have a thing where whenever he does the trip thing we say "TRIIIIIIIIIIIP" and whenever he does the mario fair (the slam dunk) we say "Kobe"

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
just a LOT of salt between me and my friends hahahaha we hold our smash skills very closely to our personal esteem so when we stomp each other in and out of games tensions rise. 1 v 1s can be dead silent if we're not in a good mood

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
just a LOT of salt between me and my friends hahahaha we hold our smash skills very closely to our personal esteem so when we stomp each other in and out of games tensions rise. 1 v 1s can be dead silent if we're not in a good mood
same

My friend and I have a tendency to yell "PRO STRATS" when we do anything remotely technical.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I remember my friend use to be really abusive of his shields, and they would always break, and when they did, I would say, "FINISH HIM" then I would charge a forward smash, up smash, falcon punch, etc. and when it connected scream, "FATALITY!!!"

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
when my friend plays mario, we have a thing where whenever he does the trip thing we say "TRIIIIIIIIIIIP" and whenever he does the mario fair (the slam dunk) we say "Kobe"
lol we do this too(kobe) same with ganon.

Last edited:

Dorizzle

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4227-2265-7992
My friends and I normally try to play different characters and whenever someone chooses G&W and throws bacon, my friend says "Bacon *****" in Jesse Pinkman's voice.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I sub-consciously say "get that corn outta my face!" when something is reflected and take off my shoes when I'm in the zone.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
- My siblings and I have composed swedish misheard lyrics of the Brawl theme.
- I tend to swear like a sailor during physical tournaments, providing there is at least one non-swedish speaker present.

Nald

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5129-1580-3523
- Whenever I use Captain Falcon's standard A attack, I yell "ATATATATATATATAUATAH!" just like Kenshiro of "Fist of the North Star"
- When I want to taunt my opponent with Kirby, I don't use the Taunt command. I just crouch and release, crouch and release, crouch and release. Kirby makes that "Pyuh" sound that makes everyone crazy. I love it.

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
I always shout something along the lines of "GIVE ME THE POWER OF THUNDERHANDS!" in the style of an 80's cartoon when I use PM Lucas's neutral-b. I also yell Smash memes a lot for no reason when things get hectic, and I usually have to explain them to my friend.

raymundoTheGod

Smash Apprentice
My friend moans when he gets in the zone. But it's usually a lot of trash talk. But my favorite is when someone starts sniffing, they're going for the four-stock victory, because they smell the four-stock coming. And then with every stock taken off, the sniffing gets louder with everyone joining in.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
My brother used to throw us on the ceiling of termina bay from the bottom platforms with Ness and call it the Ness pam pam. When another character did his move he said, "You can do the Ness pam pam too? We must be brothers."

Ganondorf was also a pirate and fisherman.

raymundoTheGod

Smash Apprentice
- Whenever I use Captain Falcon's standard A attack, I yell "ATATATATATATATAUATAH!" just like Kenshiro of "Fist of the North Star"
- When I want to taunt my opponent with Kirby, I don't use the Taunt command. I just crouch and release, crouch and release, crouch and release. Kirby makes that "Pyuh" sound that makes everyone crazy. I love it.
A friend of mine did that too. So annoying but funny

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
Would taunting when I KO someone be a weird quirk? It's a force of habit to go for the measely points you get from "Fighter's Stance." in Melee/SSB

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was really sick for 3 weeks, so I played online or intense single player sessions. Between the symptoms and medicine, I got a little loopy and verbal.

Finally when I was feeling better, a few friends came over for some rotating 2v2 and FFAs. The habit stuck. It was 2v1 and wireless controller input delay constantly kept turning intended short hop+aerials into tilts. After a few times I jokingly "yelled" at Zelda.

"God dammoot Zeldoo, you're just gonna slowly prance around and show off your sparkly jazz hands? Hoist up ya panties and get your t*ts in gear; sh*t's about to get real!"

The 2v1 turned into a 1v1 because my friend was laughing too hard to focus on returning to the stage. Now when something goes wrong in the game due to delayed inputs or total whiffs, we just act like patronizing coaches/jerks to our characters. Or sometimes nicely.

TBH it is a lot more entertaining to interact with what's going on. I totally get why sports fans yell at their TVs now.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I like having my huge cyan Yoshi plush near me or up against me when I play. It makes the match feel more personal having something physical of your main.

The cost is, of course, that everyone at college knows me as that guy with the stuffed cyan Yoshi. But they're surprisingly okay with that.

Twewy

Smash Lord
If someone pops a balloon on Smashville I only go after them for the whole match. Papa Ganon doesn't like it when youngsters pop his balloons.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
If someone pops a balloon on Smashville I only go after them for the whole match. Papa Ganon doesn't like it when youngsters pop his balloons.
If Zelda lands her strongest sweetspots on it, Ganon chases her for rated R adult-reasons. He has a hard soft spot for sweet spots. Link, however, could care less because he only has eyes for Ganon's "sweetspots." This love triforce triangle between them sure is odd.

I like having my huge cyan Yoshi plush near me or up against me when I play. It makes the match feel more personal having something physical of your main.

The cost is, of course, that everyone at college knows me as that guy with the stuffed cyan Yoshi. But they're surprisingly okay with that.
Because everyone knows who Yoshi is and he is super adorable. Now if you mained ZSS or Captain Falcon then things would get creepy and awkward. Seeing somebody with a ZSS hug pillow in class would be horrifying.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Because everyone knows who Yoshi is and he is super adorable. Now if you mained ZSS or Captain Falcon then things would get creepy and awkward. Seeing somebody with a ZSS hug pillow in class would be horrifying.
Horrifying? I would be quite turned on, thank you very much.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Whenever my friends and I play fox, we always say HAPPY FEET WOMBO COMBO every time we do something.

Top Bottom