• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird G&W glitch...

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
I don't know what really happened, looked something along the lines of Wolf's glitches where he misses the ledge: (warning: I made this video in about 3 minutes)

FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbtbpgwXJM

Edit: It happened again...

Smashville: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9lpZze3D0E

Edit:
Stages possible so far:

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield

Maybe (testing):
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar

Possibly could be used as a mindgame recovery vs. edgehoggers.

cutter

Smash Champion
That was weird... you didn't snap to the ledge so you do your double jump and Up B again.

On a side note, that's pretty much how everyone plays Fox on Wifi. Drill kick, lasers, smashes. :p

Neb

Smash Lord
I didn't see a footstool, plus if he footstool'd Fox, Fox would've exited his up-b and entered the helpless falling 'mode'. But it must've skipped the ledge animation, since he was able to use his double jump again out of up-b, after using his second jump to do bair. Its probably just a screw-up online.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
you can toadstool fox's fire thingy.....even when he is in the animation u still bounced of him even when it didnt show it...so yea..
Boss, he wasn't even close to fox when he did his second double jump. I don't think it was a footstool

I didn't see a footstool, plus if he footstool'd Fox, Fox would've exited his up-b and entered the helpless falling 'mode'. But it must've skipped the ledge animation, since he was able to use his double jump again out of up-b, after using his second jump to do bair. Its probably just a screw-up online.
Actually if you footstool off of someone while they're doing an attack you'll just jump and that persons animation won't be effected.

I played a Olimar player last week. I up-Bed and he grabbed the ledge with his up
-b. I went falling to my death and then foot stooled off him because he was still dangling.

It didn't make him fall helplessly at all.

Neb

Smash Lord
Actually if you footstool off of someone while they're doing an attack you'll just jump and that persons animation won't be effected.

I played a Olimar player last week. I up-Bed and he grabbed the ledge with his up
-b. I went falling to my death and then foot stooled off him because he was still dangling.

It didn't make him fall helplessly at all.
Really? I thought if a footstool was pulled off in midair, you'd enter that helpless state that's only canceled by up-b. My mistake, :/.

Doxa

Smash Rookie
this seems similar to something Samus can do at FD underneath the ledge. She can upB without grabbing the ledge and regain her doublejump and upB but it has to be on a specific spot.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Ive done this before, the parachute hitting the edge causes that to happen. It gives you back a jump and up B.

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
Holy crap I did it again on Smashville! I'll post it later...

It looks like it involves going under the stage and then up-b'ing so your highest point is right above the edge.

And it wasn't on wifi so it isn't a wifi glitch.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think this might be universal. I need to test though, I'll be back later

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Im beginning to think this can be done for alot of characters, as I've also pulled it off with Falco and Pikachu, along with Wolf obviously. Wolf's 'sweetspot' for this is probably just alot larger then most, and some are probably almost impossibly small.

*Edit* Lorl @ probable

Neb

Smash Lord
Good stuff, d'you know how to do it purposely now?
And, can you do this when someone is hanging onto the ledge?

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
Good stuff, d'you know how to do it purposely now?
And, can you do this when someone is hanging onto the ledge?
I sort of have an idea now. You have to go somewhat under the stage while double jumping then up-b so you slide against the edge and your highest point has to be where the parachute is a bit above the edge.

I'm not sure if it has to do with one particular side because both times I did it on the left side of the stage.

Not sure if I can do it when someone is edgehogging but if you could, **** that would improve G&W into a edgegaurding machine.

Neb

Smash Lord
Viewing both videos, it looks like you just need to enter your parachute animation just near the edge, and cancels it in between the time G&W would usually sweet-spot the ledge. I think that's all you need to do, try re-creating it when someones edge-hogging.

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
Viewing both videos, it looks like you just need to enter your parachute animation just near the edge, and cancels it in between the time G&W would usually sweet-spot the ledge. I think that's all you need to do, try re-creating it when someones edge-hogging.
Did it again on battlefield. We are now trying to do it with edgehogging.

GuyWhoFry!

Smash Rookie
Oh man...this is awesome! And I agree with the comment on your YouTube vid, one crappy mortar-slide and it gets a ****load of views, lol. This, it needs to be telegraphed EVERYWHERE! It's kinda good that its universal, though. Like wavedashing in Melee. Although, that wasn't totally even either :psycho:

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Not trolling by any means, but I'm pretty sure this is old. I might have a look around the Technical section for it...I believe the person dubbed it "scraping" or something, and it basically just registers that you were on the stage or something, so your jumps are refreshed. Pretty sure it's also universal.

gallax

Smash Hero
what happens is that the recovery move hits and goes above the ledge. the game reacts, saying to autograb, but because of the angle and the speed of the move, you go above it. the game registers you grabbing and it gives you your recovery back. the same happens with wolf and marth.

Top Bottom