• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Character hurtboxes and Their Advantages

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
There are certain characters that have weird hurt boxes when they do certain attacks or movements. Here are some that I found

1. Diddy's slide from dash can go lower than his crouch. It can slide under Sheik's 3 charged needles. His dash can hop over bananas when the opponent has control over them.

2. Charizard has a smaller hurt box while shielding since he tucks his head in. This also works with DK if he tilts his Shield away.

I have more that I'll add later. What are some other weird character hurtboxes?

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Shielding should shrink your hurt boxes a little, but the Diddy stuff is definitely interesting. I wonder, can little advantages like this actually be used effectively in competitive play?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Some characters jump when they do certain moves, which can allow them to avoid D-Tilts and low grab-boxes at max range. Diddy U-Tilt is the first that comes to mind.

Some characters lean back on specific options, and there are too many to count there.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
:4pikachu: is the king of abusing hurtbox quirks. He goes under so many things while in the landing animation for certain moves.

Top Bottom