• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Nintendo Corner - Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Are you buying Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 94 35.1%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 98 36.6%
  • Both!

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 34 12.7%

• Total voters

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Alpha Sapphire all the way! If not just because I want to see all of Team Aqua's hilarious antics. Just look at this picture!

I mean Team Aqua is ready to ****ing PARTY!

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
You didn't like 3rd gen? 'Smacks' :laugh:
But just wondering, why?
Didn't like the over abundance of water.
Also the Pokemon choices, especially early on are lackluster.

I tried to like it, my friend was a huge fan but... meh.
Just never resonated with me.

I'm WAY more of a gen 2 fan.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I have been really looking forward to these. I have been a fan since Red/Blue, and Hoenn is still my favorite region. However, with Smash Wii U coming out the same day, i think I am just going to wait and pick Alpha Sapphire up in a few months when I can really enjoy it and actually have money to pay for it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Omega Ruby. I had Sapphire back in the day so I think I should switch it up.

And while I like the new Mega's, I am really hoping that there are more yet to be seen. I am really hoping for Mega forms for: Skarmony, Rapidash, Pikachu, the three golems, Zoroark, Golduck, Vileplume, Wailord, Golurk, and Scolipede...

Wavebird

Smash Rookie
Hoenn is probably when the whole story portion and no challenge started to get stale(they still need to fix that).

The amount of things added started molding the competitive aspects of the franchise things like natures,IV system overhauled,double battles and others.

I honestly hope competitive pokemon stays with the no legendaries rule cause I did not like the way gen 4-5 was with some legendaries being allowed.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Gonna be completely honest here, the only game out of the original lot of gen 3 that I could stand was Sapphire. And that's why I'll be picking up Alpha Sapphire eventually. (got other games to buy before this ya know?)

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Almost every hardcore Pokemon fan hates these new games, I don't undetstand what's the hate.

This is my first Pokemon game, and so far... I kinda like it.
Generation three isn't new, dude.
It's a remake.

and there's barely any hate for it; hence why like 10 people have replied to me asking me why I hate it lol.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
One of the best region for me.
Heck is a huge region, that even made it better.
At least we got the remake that deserved and love. But man This remake give more love than the 6 gen pokemon.
And yeah, Hearthgold and Soulsliver were too one of the best remake too.

Ok the remake are better than introducing a new generation of pokemon.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
:colorful:HORDE TRAINER BATTLES!!!
They should X/Y-ify all Pokemon games make them all look this good! Especially Pokemon Yellow that would be awesome! And i hope they keep the PSS in ORAS and wish they would have kept the customization..... :colorful:

Last edited:

Spedonic

Smash Rookie
I preordered Alpha Sapphire with the "new" 3ds as I live in Australia :) Getting both on the same day hype

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i found this to be the worst gen ever. The designs of the pokemon were really horible back then.

Morlock138

Smash Rookie
NNID
Morlock138
3DS FC
2105-8813-5014
I enjoyed this gen back when it came out. I thought visiting my buddies' hideouts was a cool idea. & these have my fav music of the series too.
I hate that this is coming out the same day as Smash. I wont be getting it right away.Stupid holiday releases.

_Screech_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5261-0941
nintendo uses marketing technique on buyers wallet, its a one hit KO... buyer blacked out and hurried to the nearest bank

Green_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Wow. These games are flipping awesome. Especially the flying in the game and mega kyogure.

Top Bottom