• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Week in Review Issue #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Week in Review Edition #9
3/10 - 3/14
Writers:

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Banner by @Vegito2727

Last week was rather unsurprising yet not to unsettling. There weren't any huge or earth-shattering updates yet added some substenance to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Monday was the reveal of Kotake and Koume as a possible stage element for the Gerudo Valley stage. Tuesday got a little bumpy with the reveal of the newly designed bumper. Wednesday gave us a strangely worded update concerning the nature of King Dedede's hammer. Thursday was a Little Mac update about his Side Smash that can be altered through tilting the joystick. Finally, Friday gave us the confirmation of the Animal Crossing stage "Tortimer's Island" for the 3DS. We saw this is a previous Pic of the Day. Last week also ended the Mega Man character analysis from @---, an interview of the member @GoldenYuiitusin, and the thread of the week the "Zelda Discussion Thread".

I would like to say a big and huge thank you to:

[*} @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy for writing Rosalia Analysis Part 1.

[*} @ AEMehr AEMehr for taking the interview.

[*] Lastly, to all of the Smashboards users who posts really make up what the WiR is. Without your insightful (and crazy) posts, this thread would not exist so thank you very much!

Previous Issues

[collapse=Previous Issues]
To view the previous issues
Issue #1
Issue #2
Issue #3
Issue #4
Issue #5
Issue #6
Issue #7
Issue #8
[/collapse]

Want to help or contribute?

[collapse=Rules and Other Infos]This is the first edition of "The Week in Review". The Week in Review will be a series of articles I have made throughout the week concerning the Pic of Day through using posts, threads, and MiiVerse to pool information and opinions about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS . However, the articles are not only limited to my own observation but to those of the larger Smash 4 community. Users are encouraged to submit articles and observations as well as opinions concerning the pictures that were updated throughout the week. I will explain how you can contribute later.
So what can you expect from this thread? On Friday, I will update the thread with a new article which will contain the Pic of the Day, other relevant images, information, I will also be pulling out interesting and thought provoking posts that have popped up throughout the week on the various threads such as the Wii U Discussion thread, 3DS Discussion Thread, MiiVerse Photo Thread, Roster Discussion Thread, character support threads as well as the Super Smash Bros, Wii U/3DS Backroom thus linking them altogether. In addition, I will also be adding up any information that Sakurai has revealed outside of the website/MiiVerse such as interviews and news articles.
I will open the thread on the weekend for people to talk about how the week went and comment on the articles. However, I will be closing the thread on Monday in order to prevent premature discussion about the weeks updates. I will be operating on Japanese Standard Time since both myself and Sakurai (OMG both of us in the same sentence?!?!?!) live on JST. View the JST Page in order to fully understand how time works.

Additionally, while this thread will focus on solely the Pic of the Day, I will sometimes allow pieces to be written about Smashboards, the Smash Community, MiiVerse, or Sakurai information. Additionally, once we have more information regarding the nature of the character, I will allow a user to write up an in-depth analysis of a character, veteran or newcomer. So come show your stuff!

Why is this thread needed?
We do have various discussion threads pertaining to various aspects of Smash. However, this is less of a discussion thread and more like a newsletter. I intend to present the facts and portray an unbiased review of the week. It will also serve as a hub to collect information, pictures, and articles that have been released in a weekly format thus allowing users to review the past weeks for better understanding how to predict future updates or to comb through information in an effective manner. It will also serve as a place to users to present their information, opinions, and observations in a semi-academical format. More information is listed below. If you see an interesting, funny, thought-provoking, or ridiculous post either on the SWF or on MiiVerse, PM me about it and I will include it! If you want me to remove you from a certain Tag, PM me and I will take you off.

Also, I wanted to use this space to allow users to be creative and constructive in speculating Smash in a more journalistic manner. I will not edit any posts except if they are inappropriate, bypass the censor, hateful in nature, or irrelevant.

How can I help?

You can contribute to this thread in many ways.
1) You can serve as a guest writer. This is done by contacting me via PM and apply to be a guest writer for the current week. I am able to allow or refuse the guest writer based on past credentials and reputation within the Smash 4 community so please keep that in mind.

After approval, I can either give you a piece to write OR you can choose one yourself. It should be focused on a particular Pic of the Day. Please promptly let me know which one you intend to. If I do not hear from you within a day, I will not accept an article. The article itself should be professionally written with little to no grammar or spelling mistakes. Any sources should be cited with a link to direct readers. While I understand some updates may be hard to write for, please write at least two paragraphs for each update. Unless it is an update of Luigi's nose but I am sure someone can find some Freudian psycho-analysis about that update. Please refer to the first edition post about how to write an article (though I am pretty sure many journalist/lit majors can do a much better job than I can lol).

2) You can help me gather posts that are excellent or at least interesting in nature. PM me any posts concerning a particular update and I will then add it to the articles. I frequent the above mentioned threads on a daily basis but I obviously miss things so I am heavily dependent on everyone getting me those great and thought-provoking posts. I want this thread to showcase what the brilliant minds in the Smash 4 community can do!

3) While you can discuss past and future weeks, please refrain from dissecting or analyzing the previous/future weeks and save that for the current week.

4) Could someone be a dear and make a banner for this thread. It's not urgent but a banner would be grand.[/collapse]
Table of Contents

1.1 Day #1: Too Many Big Macs
2.1 Day #2: Lumiose City Tours
3.1 Day #3: Zelda Explodes into Battle!
4.1 Day #4: DK Wore an Enny Weeny Polka-Dot Motion Sensor Bomb Bikini
5.1 Day #5: YOOOOOOSHIIIII....Huh????!!
6.1 Week Overview
7.1 Editorials
8.1 Week in Review Interview: Ariand/AEM
9.1 Character Analysis: Rosalina Part 1 by @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
10.1 Stage Analysis: Wuhu Island
11.1 Election Results
11.2 I want YOU to Vote!

Too Many Big Macs
03/10/14
Day#1: Monday
Writer: Venus of the Desert Bloom

Little Mac graced the Pic of the Day in ways we never thought possible. It was confirmed that a trophy of chubby Little Mac will appear. Now...who this is this chubby version of Little Mac? Some people might know but a majority of the people outside of Japan (or even those in Japan) may not know what version this Little Mac is.

Unless you are deeply aware of Japan-only Nintendo titles, you may have never heard of Captain Rainbow. He is from the franchise aptly named Captain Rainbow and is the main character. The story goes that Nick, an ordinary guy was once famous for his alter ego, Captain Rainbow. To regain his fame, he traveled to Mimin Island \; an island that is said to make wishes come true and there, he meets various minor Nintendo characters whose heyday has come and past. Many of these characters have changed from their older selves.

Takamaru

He traveled to Minmin Island to control his excitement around women.

Lip

She wishes to become a great magician.

Hikari

Love interest for Nick.

Mappo

A robot that locked up Birdo for using the girl's bathroom.

Crazy Tracy

She wishes to enslave all the men around the world.

and finally

Little Mac

He has gained quite a few pounds since his NES days and he wishes to lose weight so he can compete again. It is notable that Punch-Out!! Wii was announced months later after Captain Rainbow.

t is interesting that there is some Captain Rainbow material within Super Smash Bros. and that something very obscure int he West is getting some attention is quite something. However, this update left some confused while others excited to see Captain rainbow represented in some form.

Which game is this chubby guy from?
Anders from MiiVerse

I stayed up all night to see a fat Little Mac. I don't know how to react to this.
♪☆•J•★™ fromMiiverse

Seriously, what the hell is that thing?
@BigHairyFart

What the hell is this?

Who or what the **** is Captain Rainbow?
@Wave Kusanagi

I take it that's from the Japanese Exclusive: Captain Rainbow.
Alejandro from MiiVerse

Whoa Mac really let hiself go what on Earth have you been feeding him Sakurai ?
Montae on MiiVerse

Waaah, they referenced something Japanese! Only middle-aged guys like me will know who that is! They should have put in someone more recognizable, like the guy from Kung Fu or something! This game is a joke!
@BKupa666

Trophy Gallery mode confirmed to have multiple backgrounds that can be chosen.
@Tepig2000

This is what ran through my head...
I'm now wondering, will this trophy be listed under punch out, or general trophies within the game? (or what have you).
@HylianHeroBigBoss

And of course, Captain Rainbow discussion increased with the trophy confirmation.

Brace yourselves, leaks with Captain Rainbow as a newcomer are coming
@JosukeM

I'd love Captain Rainbow as a playable character!
But, being realistic, I expect him to be an assist trophy now that his chances have increased.
@Lightosia

Heck yeah! Captain Rainbow reference! I would actually really like Captain Rainbow to be playable even though I've never played his game. All I've ever done is watch and listen with wonder!
@Forcerounds

Regardless, this update left many members anticipating a good week.

I have to say that this was a nice surprise and it really makes me anticipate the rest of this week... maybe a little too much. Only 10 more hours to go... *breaks out in a cold sweat while staring at the clock*
@Fatmanonice

Things Confirmed for Monday:
1) Chubby Little Mac appears as a trophy.
2) Captain Rainbow reference.

Lumiose City Tours
03/11/14
Day #2: Tuesday

It must be a good month for 3DS stage confirmations with Tortimer's Island being revealed last Friday and today's stage reveal: Lumiose City. Or would Prism Tower be more correct?

Lumiose City is a location in Pokemon X and Y and the Kalos' region main city. It is home to the Prism Tower, Lumiose Museum, Hotel Ricchisme, and other landmarks and buildings.

Sakurai teases us with this:
Pic of the day. The Prism Tower rises above Lumiose City. Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower. No, really.
Sakurai teased us with what this stage actually does. Is it a hovering stage, is it a static stage, a fixed stage? Regardless, it is great to see a Gen VI stage but it makes one wonder if we will get a Wii U Gen VI stage.

So to me, this, yes, looks like a stage like Rainbow Road/Skyloft/Delfino, etc. I expect them to actually be standing on a 'generic flying-around platform' in that pic, but the pic itself is taken so that only the City in the background is shown. ^^
@MasterofMonster

Anyways, judging from the comment from Sakurai, it appears to be a static, traveling stage since Sakurai stated that fighters were brawling on top of the tower but, have since vanished. is it possible that Sakurai was referencing this?

Does the game breaks if you save in this stage?
Emile on MiiVerse

Or could it be a vertical stage that travels upwards or downwards?

I can actually see that now. Platforms move from the four plazas and to the top of the tower imo.
@Ndayday

Anyways, it appears that many were excited to see this stage appear:

Looks great! I wish we could see it in a gameplay video though.
@LucasPSIdo

I knew this stage would show up but it still looks awesome to see it confirmed.
Vic on MiiVerse

Oh look, a Pokemon stage that isn't Stadium! How nice!
Jared on MiiVerse

You guys are overlooking the best part of having this stage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLWohH2w20

Also, hopefully we see some Gogoat action and maybe ghosts.
@KenithTheGatherer

Hopefully there are tons of pokemon cameos too! :D
@Chzrm3

Where's the 5th Gen-stuff Sakurai?

On the other hand, this place looks gorgeous. That nighttime setting is quite nice touchup on it as well.
@Young Horsetail

Regardless, Lumiose City/Prism Tower was widely well received and one that many seem excited about. Plus, it is the first Pokemon franchise stage and one that is not Pokemon Stadium; something that has become a mainstay in Smash games.

Things confirmed for Tuesday:
1) Lumiose City/Prism Tower appears as a 3DS stage.

Zelda Explodes into Battle
03/12/14
Day #3: Wednesday

I may be a bit biased since I love to play Zelda but it was good to see the Princess of Hyrule grace the Pic of the Day.

Sakurai said:
Pic Pic of the day. Zelda's Din's Fire is now stronger in its core. The farther it's projected, the bigger and more powerful it will be, but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall.
It appears Zelda will receive a slight buff with her Neutral Special, Din's Fire. Previously in Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

it operates and functions the same as it did in Melee. However it has received some significant buffs; the explosion when the move is released is significantly larger (now being about the size of a large character), the explosion deals increased damage and significantly more knockback (with it now being capable of KOing in the 150-200% range depending on how much it's charged), and there's slightly less delay with the explosion coming out upon release and slightly less ending lag. However, despite these significant buffs, Din's Fire is still considered a very poor projectile; alert opponents can still very easily dodge and shield it while Zelda can do nothing about it (making it still incapable of forcing approaches), Zelda is still extremely vulnerable while using the move, Zelda will still not win any projectile wars with it, and the power buffs were not enough to justify it being such an unsafe and difficult to land projectile.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Din's_Fire

Going from Sakurai's comment, the blast and power of the attack is dependent on how long it travels; getting stronger the further it travels always from Zelda. There also seems to be a sweetspot in the middle of the explosion which, most likely, will maximize the damage done by the attack.

Easy to shield against, it will stay but there is a heavy implication that it has a larger area of effect now, making it harder to evade atleast.
@ryuu seika

However, buffing up the size of the attack and the damage output does not neccesary equate to a positive change to Zelda.

Buffing moves don't necessarily make a character better though, since we've seen how terrible Zelda is in Brawl's competitive scene.
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

Her "finishers", as in all of her aerials, need to have larger sweetspots. She should have more approaching options and should have a better character build.

What scares me is that I think Din's Fire will still be useless unless Sakurai makes it faster. Just making it stronger will do nothing, it's easily avoidable.
@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous

Not to mention....

But thats cause she's so damn slow and floaty
@Sonicguy726

If you're using Din's Fire in neutral you're doing it wrong. Way I see it if you're not doing it like P:M does it, you want Din's Fire to be a strong combo finisher. That's what this looks like: 1, 2, 3 combo string, BOOM Lightning Kick, not dead yet? Perfectly aimed Din's before you're out of hitstun. Good edgeguarding tool, good combo extender, possible hard punish for mistake.

But only if they speed it up, make it as powerful as this post implies and do something about airdodging.
@Lordling

Heck, if I'm correct, she was buffed in Brawl.
The problem was her approach, which made the buffs useless.
Criticism to this update was not only leveled against the attack itself but to Zelda as a character; stating her horrible approaches, floaty and slow play style, and useless buffs.

It is unknown if the attack has been sped up or if Zelda received a speed buff but, as this fight once taught us, power and damage against speed isn't always the best match up.

Still, despite the hour delay, the update was well received:

Din's fire is kind of a fun move to use, so I'm glad to see that it's stronger.

I wonder if Faroe's Wind will get any positive changes. It travels far, but is quite a ***** to control.
@Rebellious Treecko

I hate that I stayed up well past 4 AM... but I like this picture... Zelda's Side+B got a buff... she is one of my favorite characters in Smash.
@Arcadenik

I'm still not seeing how this is going to be a viable move in singles, but it was already pretty good in doubles and could be VERY good in doubles with an increased range and power. The comment is interesting too; it seems to suggest the move powers up the further it moves, and the last part about making them "fall" makes me wonder if the central hit is a meteor now. That would be interesting for sure though I'm not sure if that would actually be a better launch trajectory than the current one.
@Amazing Ampharos

Well, there is use as an edgeguarding move. It's a lot bigger so maybe.

I was hoping for PM Din's Fire, but lets see where this goes.
@KumaOso

Din's Fire no longer functions like it did in Melee and Brawl. Din's Fire still begins with Zelda sending out a fireball - however, instead of exploding once the B button is released, the fireball stays suspended in the air with an active hitbox for roughly three seconds. Contact with this hitbox deals minor damage and knockback, but if the fireball is allowed to tick fully and explode, they do so with great force. This attack cannot be reflected or sent back at Zelda, but can be canceled out completely by the opponent's attacks. Shielding them won't stop them from exploding, making these projectiles similar to Link's bombs or Snake's grenades. Zelda can have up to three fireballs active at one time, and each fireball that's set refreshes the fuses on all already out so Zelda can extend the life of a fireball in a good position.
http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/zelda

However, others were less thrilled with the update; either because they felt the attack was actually nerfed or they just didn't care for the update:

ok

okokok

I am so ****ing mad right now

no sakurai, the move did not need to be stronger

the move did not need to be bigger

It did not need to do more damage

It needed to not be channeled in a game where NO VIABLE CHARACTER HAS CHANNELED MOVES
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer (who mains Zelda btw)

Well, I got my hopes up WAAAYY too high. Glad I didn't stay up for that.
@Rockaphin

However, this has been a pretty good week for reveals which has made writing about this week a joy.

Things Confirmed for Wednesday:
1.) Zelda's Din Fire receives a seemingly buff.
2.) It has a sweetspot in its core and the blast grows larger the further it travels from Zelda.

DK Wore an Eenny Weeny Polka-Dot Motion Sensor Bomb Bikini
3/13/14
Day #4: Thursday

The Motion Sensor Bomb makes its explosive return. For such a small gadget, it really packs a wallop! Much like the returning items, it has received a notable face lift from this

However, whether it has increased in strength or explosion capabilities has yet to be determined. Sakurai had this to say concerning the returning item:

Pic of the day. The tiny Motion-Sensor Bomb is hard to see. If you get any closer, its dangerous. I warned you.
Sakurai does mention that the bomb is particularly dangerous, of course, getting close to it will blast you to smithereens. However, does it receive a buff in terms of power and damage?

In Super Smash Bros. 64, it dealt around 30% damage, then in Melee it dealt 28% damage, and then, in Brawl, it dealt 25% damage.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Motion-Sensor_Bomb

This shows that the bomb actually is nerfed in every single game so it is possible that this trend continues and the bomb would then deal less damage. However, to compensate, it is possible the Motion-Sensor Bomb may have higher knock back than previously. Again, this is unknown.

Also, much like in Brawl, Sakurai and Nintendo has dropped any mention of RARE or Prefect Dark, where the item originally came from.
This is the JP Trophy quote translated into English:
The perfect accessory for ambushes, the proximity mine has long been a favorite covert weapon of the Carrington Institute any surface [sic], and once armed, detonates with incredible force when it detects motion within its range. In the frantic world of Super Smash Bros., it doesn't take long for it to go.
Here are what fans have to say about the return of the Motion-Sensor Bomb:

Do all of the redesigned items have a red/black-ish vibe to them, or is it just me?
@Ephecus

The items certainly do seem to have a red and black vibe to them.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/2/20/Smash.4_-_Home-Run_Bat.png/179px-Smash.4_-_Home-Run_Bat.png
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/7/7f/SSB4RayGun.jpeg/120px-SSB4RayGun.jpeg
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/1/17/Smash.4_-_The_Bumper.png/200px-Smash.4_-_The_Bumper.png

Sakurai's really doing a good job remodeling items in Smash these days. I wonder what the Beam Sword's gonna look like
@CliffJumper

these redesigns are so much better in this game
@soviet prince

Nice to see the returning series items coming back these past few weeks. All we have left are Barrels, Crates, Blast Box, Party Ball, Sandbag (likely returning as an item and/or Home Run Contest thanks to Little Mac trailer), Beam Sword, Fan, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Super Scope, Cracker Launcher, Team Healer, Food (let's hope they're actual 3D models this time), Maximum Tomato, Warp Star, Bob-Omb, Freezie, Hammer, Metal Box, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Starman, Bunny Hood, Mr. Saturn, and Screw Attack. We should also expect the Pitfall because of the Villager's appearance and not expect the Heart Container since the Fairy Bottle heals for the same amount unless they scale its heal rate down.
@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

It looks like a little killer spider to me.
@DaDavid

And finally, for those wondering how the Motion-Sensor Bomb has changed over the years, @Clipse posted the Evolution of the Motion-Sensor Bomb. Thanks!

Here you have the Evolution of the Motion-Sensor Bomb ;)

I think is the item that have changed the most :O

And here again, all the smash bros item that continues with the same purple/black/yellow design

And as well, many thought that Friday would show Yoshi due to Yoshi's New Island being released in North America.

Quite curious of Yoshi's design to be shown in this one. Will he be more upright instead of baby-like cute in Brawl? Hrrhm.

Yoshi's quite difficult fella to dissect, so it might be no wonder we keep feeling that he misses something but we can't pin-point exactly what it is. I just wish we get Melee's fully controllable Egg Throw back instead of the static and limiting "egg trails" in Brawl.
@Young Horsetail

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Yoshi was unique and different enough the way he was. Could use some buffs here and there like any other vet, but I don't know if I see a point in dramatically changing the character.
@DraginHikari

Every character reveal in 2014 has been on a Friday, with the biggest gap between reveals being 3 weeks.

(3 between Dedede and Lucario, 2 between Lucario and Mac, 1 between Mac and Diddy. And tomorrow marks 3 weeks since Diddy.)

I don't wanna fool myself into thinking that Sakurai has slipped into a pattern, but as you all will agree upon, a character tomorrow seems certain. Yoshi is the obvious choice, but then again, it is Sakurai.

My likely scenarios for tomorrow are:

1. Yoshi
2. No character
3. Surprise! Caughtyouwithyourpantsdown reveal.
Either Meta Knight, Falco or ZSS.

I'm sure I'll change my mind sometime within the next 11 hours though.
@Espio264

Nice motion sensor update!

Okay, Yoshi tomorrow!
@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous

There is a possibility that Yoshi could potentially be held off for the Japanese release instead, which have generally proven to hold more water in terms of veteran reveals than Western releases, especially since Diddy Kong's reveal could have been done because his Japanese game reveal was more or less taken over by Little Mac for the Direct that came along. So it's probably for the best that we hope Yoshi shows up tomorrow, and not fully expect him, else you might wind up deeply disappointed if he doesn't get revealed. Like practically every other highly expected character reveal that didn't happen in the past... Unless you like that sort of thing, then more power to you I guess.
@ Curious Villager Curious Villager

Today I'm actually going to try staying up until 2am for the pic of the day. I hope it's yoshi!
@Lozjam

Anyways, people were glad to see the grand return of the Motion-Sensor Bomb that
looks dangerous and poisonous
@BluePikmin11

And many people expected Yoshi to be revealed on Friday due to his game being released in NA.

Things Confirmed for Thursday:

1.) Motion-Sensor Bomb returns with an updated look.

YOOOOSHIIIII...huh??
03/14/14
Day #5

I'm sorry. i don't even think I am going to try with this update. According to Sakurai....

Pic of the day. Looks like someone's enjoying the bachelor life in this pad.
A lot of people....were expecting Yoshi...

So.Mad.Right.Now.Seriously.You.Guys!
JaCoB on MiiVerse

Where is Yoshi?
Shadó on MiiVerse

You did that because everyone knew about yoshi. PRIDEFUL.
Oh my god it's nothing. New stage/area
@Radical Beam

Why do you hate us Sakurai when we give you nothing but love!?
@PLATINUM7

and you all wasted your lives, sleep, and health for nothing
hope you all learned something today:p
@lonekonwolf

MOTHERF****R I KNEW IF I GOT UP HE WOULD UPDATE AND IT WASN'T EVEN YOSHI AGGHHHHHH!
@Dairz

OH MY ****ING GOD SAKURAI PLS Y WASTE OUR TIME WITH THIS PIECE OF **** PICTURE

I ****ing done. So done.
@Z'zgashi

Personally, I banked on Yoshi being revealed but obviously he wasn't and I am fine with that. My beef it took pretty long to update the picture. But that was because I had little time to write this. It is also important to note that PotD is getting pushed back later and later than what it was near the end of Fall and Winter. It could possibly mean that Sakurai and his team are finding less time to get the updates all set or possibly backed up - meaning they had stocked up on updates but now ran out of them. Who knows.

But this was quite the hypefest, especially in the Miiverse thread. I clocked over 150 members and 170 guests at one point. That is pretty something though it was a given considering the fact that:

1) the banner is missing on the main site
2) Yoshi was a top prediction for today
3) It was extremely late (two hours later than usual).

And not to mention....

And what game is that from? Closest thing I can think of is Daigasso! Band Brothers. (that game with Barbara)
@Rebellious Treecko

Seems like a Nintenuendo to me!
@SmasherCat

I think this may be the Trophy Room.
@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

Tomodachi Collection
@mikanbouya

I've been hearing it's Tomodachi Collection, a 2009 Japan Only DS simulation game.
@juddy96

What is Tomodachi Collection? Reach about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomodachi_Collection

Wait...seriously...? We stayed up for the stage representing Nintendo's own knock off of it's own creation? Like all those Scooby-Doo rip-offs Hanna Barbara made?

We stayed up for the Funky Phantom of stages?
@The Drilling Juggernaut

Hopefully, people don't come to hate the stage because of this incident.

I feel this sums up the feelings people had after the PotD
You win, Sakurai. You've finally done it. You've broken me. I hope you're happy.
@gamer8

I do wish that I could give more time to cover the teats of despair that this PotD brought on but because Sakurai was a slowpoke today, I did not have time to write up a proper article. I will update when more information/discussion comes out.

Things confirmed for Friday
1 No Yoshi reveal
2. New stage for the 3DS

Overview
This was a rather exciting week with a lot of confirmations, buffs, and reveals. Monday showed us that Captain Rainbow will have some form of representation in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS in the form of trophies. It is unsure if other character will receive the same treatment but Little Mac is confirmed to have his flabbiness immortalized in the form of a trophy. Tuesday was the reveal of the Lumiose City stage for the Nintendo 3DS version and out first confirmed Pokemon franchise stage. It appears that Pokemon X/Y will have a big impact in Smash 4. Wednesday was all about Zelda as SaKurai revealed that she will receive a possible buff concerning her Din's Fire. Thursday was the return of the Motion-Sensor Bomb and it's redesign. Friday was....a new 3DS stage and not the Yoshi reveal we all hoped for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Week in Review Interview

Following interviewing the moderators, I have begun to interview certain members who have proved to be productive and constructive to the Smash 4 speculative scene as well as become an influential member of Smashboards. This week's interviewee is the gold among the rough, the proud lion that stands above the rest, and fearsome and loyal to the Smash franchise. This is....

@ AEMehr AEMehr

Ariand/ARM is a well known and prolific poster who has been on the boards since 2009. Amassing 1,677 messages and 3,528 likes; he shows that a huge post count does not equal a great poster. He is known for his very detailed and down-to-earth posts as well as generally getting along with everyone on the boards. Well-liked in both Smash 4 forums as well as the Smash 4 Back Room, Ariand/AEM is always willing to lend a helpful hand and his expertise in move sets. He also is the character manage for the Create-A-Smash Project and helps create the move sets for the characters. We will go a little in depth about the the CAS Project later. So let's thank Ariand/AEM for taking this interview!

1) How long have you been a member on Smashboards and why did you join?
My account says I've been here since June 16th, 2009.
BUT I really became an avid member of the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U subforum in February 20th of 2013 (Guess my one-year anniversary has passed then!).

I originally joined the forum to look for some help with putting in texture hacks into Brawl. I popped in every now and then into the Customized Content threads, but I mostly stuck to Super Smash Flash 2's Expansion Forums those days. Once they died off I moved over to Super Smash Bros. Crusade's forums.

The previous user you interviewed, @GoldenYuiitusin, asked me to create image charts of characters for a Smash 4 Speculation Chart topic. I returned to Smashboards to make the process go smoother and I've been hanging around since!

2) What is your favorite part of Smashboards? What is your least favorite part?
I have to say that my favorite thing about Smashboards is just the community, it's nice to be here and talk about Smash with all of you [Because my friends are sorta tired of me talking about it with them...].
Least favorite thing would probably be how it keeps thinking I'm using adblock when I am not. OH and the constant Fire Emblem discussion in the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread / Official Character Discussion Thread / Whatever it'll be called next. The topic literally is a broken record sometimes.

3) Will you be getting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or 3DS?
No.

I will be getting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U AND 3DS! I plan to get both versions day one they both release.

4) Who are your Mains in 64/Melee/Brawl? Who do you plan to main in Smash 4?
Can't say I was very big on 64. But I'd have to say Ness was probably the character I played as the most on the Virtual Console version.
Melee was not only my first Smash game, but my first video game in general. From what I remember, I used Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario, and probably Mewtwo the most.
I can play fairly well with pretty much everyone in Brawl, but my favorites have to be R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and King Dedede.

For the new Smash, I'm open to trying to get good at all of the newcomers shown so far. As of this post though, I think I'll try my best to main Little Mac. But only if Doc Louis talks during the match, because I do love me some Doc Louis.

5) Who is your most wanted newcomer for Smash 4? More than one answer is ok.
First-Party wise, I think I'd have to say it's Dillon, Palutena is a close second.
Third-Party wise it's Professor Layton no doubt. Quote (Cave Story) would be up with Layton, but his chances are so low I'm not even going to get myself worked up over it.

6) What stages would you like to see included in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS? Past stages included?
I'd love to see the Wii U version's "Pokémon Stadium 3" be based on Revolution's main stadium. It would need music from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness in it. I also desperately want City Trial from Kirby's Air Ride.
pls sakurai

The 3DS version should take something from Rhythm Heaven. If that franchise isn't going to get a character, it certainly should have a stage. I'd also love to see a Pushmo / Pullblox stage or a Dillon's Rolling Western one even if Dillon isn't playable.

7) What would you like to see improved or expanded from Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
The roster should certainly be expanded on.

The stage builder needs to be improved, like drastically.
pleasesakurai

8) What was your most favorite Smash Bros. moment/memory?
This is a tough one. I have multiple really good ones...
But I remember the day the Subspace Emissary was announced on the Smash Bros. Dojo!
I was in class, the school's news program was on, but I wasn't paying any attention to it. In fact, I had my laptop open, my earbuds on, and was watching the trailer for the Subspace Emissary. It was such an experience now that I think about, my volume might have been a bit too loud but I can still hear the roaring of the Halberd as it flew in with the Ancient Minister flying down with the distinct slam made when his name card showed up in the trailer; among the other great details put into that trailer. It was very hype inducing, for me to say the least, so that may be the first time (next to discovering Brawl's original trailer) where I felt really excited for a video game. A feeling I feel really often with Smash U and 3DS's pics of the day.

9) Where did your username come from?
Well my current username is actually compiled by two usernames I use across the web.
"Ariand" is a combination of my first name and my brother's first name that we used to share an account together on some online game when we were in grade school. I use it now and then, and I did when I originally registered my account, but I normally go by AEM these days.
"AEM" are actually my initials. So it's sorta original and not really original. But it works, and I like it.

10) You are a staff member of the Create-A-Smash Project. What your goals for the project and what do you hope to achieve with it? Please talk a little bit about the project.
Yes so, I am the character manager for Create-A-Smash. I'm one of the three founders of the project, the other two being @God Robert's Cousin and @Swampasaur.
Our goal is to have everyone that just loves Smash come together and put their ideas in for New Characters, New Stages, and ways we can make the Older Stages and Veteran Characters more appealing. The project is just for fun, we aren't making these characters and stages for Smash 4, we're really making them for Smash 6. So if something we've worked on actually was added into Smash 4, we wouldn't let that stop us from continuing progress on said character / stage. After Smash 4 is released, the Character / Stage we made will be added to the Veteran Character / Stage listing and will now be able to be played around with.

My job is to combine the ideas by everyone who partakes in the previous character designing steps and make a full moveset for the selected character. So we just finished up designing Lip from Panel de Pon! If you want to see what we came up with for her please go visit her page!

Right now, we're currently working on a veteran and a new stage! So please come and visit!

11) What is your dream job and why?
Helping Nintendo develop a game somehow. Not sure how yet, but I really would to have my hand in there and be able to say "I worked with Nintendo"! This is probably because I'm just a Ridley sized Nintendo fanboy, so yeah.

12) What is your favorite season and why?
Fall probably. My birthday falls in it, everything cools down from the hot summer, the really good games start dropping late fall, and I really like seeing the variety of colors the trees become. Fall's just my kind of season.

13) Please tell us one thing about yourself that we may not know?
I've been taking classes for voice acting recently. If I get good, maybe you could eventually hear me in something the future? That would certainly be something.

I always enjoy doing these interviews because I get a chance to talk to people and get to know them. I hope this is extended to the readers of tWiR. I enjoyed the time I had talking to Ariand/AEM and learned a little about him. I hopr you enjoyed this edition of tWiR Interview!​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Rosalina Character Analysis - Part 1
Author: Mario & Sonic Guy

Introduction

After traveling from galaxy to galaxy, Rosalina has decided to join the Super Smash Bros. series as one of the newcomers for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U. Alongside her is a Luma, who is a member of a species of the same name.

The two were revealed on the December 2013 Nintendo Direct, and are probably one of the most unexpected characters to ever see be playable.

The first part of this article will cover Rosalina's Smash Bros. debut, her history, her moveset, the Luma, and even inputs on her attributes. Some of the contents may be mere speculation though.

Super Smash Bros. Involvement
Rosalina debuted in Super Mario Galaxy, which was released before Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, because Brawl's development was completed long before Super Mario Galaxy was released, Brawl never had any Super Mario Galaxy references outside of a small mentioning in the Chronicle.

Also, Rosalina was still a new character during that time, so there probably wasn't much to think about for her.

This does change for the fourth installment of the Super Smash Bros. series, however, as the game will not only have a stage to represent Super Mario Galaxy, but it also brings Rosalina into the fray.

History

Unlike most characters in the Mario Universe, Rosalina actually has a very well-detailed backstory, which is in the form of a storybook.

Rosalina first started out being an ordinary young girl who lived with her family, but when she encountered a stray Luma, she decided to help it find its mother. But because they couldn't find the Luma's mother at their current location, the two went into outer space, where they traveled from one comet to the next.

Rosalina eventually builds a home (which would later evolve into the Comet Observatory) for her and the Luma to live in, but it was too big for just the two of them. That does change, however, when more Lumas decide to stop by. Eventually, Rosalina's travels take her to her 100th comet encounter, and during that time she thinks about her home and her family. However, upon thinking about her own mother, Rosalina gets very upset, and wanted to return home. But realizing that her family may be deceased, this made Rosalina even more sad.

The Lumas didn't know what to do, but the one that Rosalina looked after decided to turn into a comet. The Lumas explained to Rosalina that they have the power to become new planets, comets, or galaxies. They then began to treat Rosalina like a mother, and this made Rosalina realize that she has a new family that she can raise.

From that point on, Rosalina spent her life raising the Lumas so that they're given good care, and are staying healthy. But remembering that her 100th comet encounter made her think about home, Rosalina decided to visit her own home planet once every century; this in return lead to the creation of the Star Festival. Because Rosalina has traveled from galaxy to galaxy with the Lumas for a very long time, she ends up evolving from an ordinary young girl, to a powerful and very important entity.

However, while Rosalina has always lived in peace with the Lumas, her peaceful life would eventually get interrupted when Bowser steals the Comet Observatory's power source, the Grand Stars. But because Bowser's attack was indirect, despite losing the Grand Stars, the Comet Observatory was left undamaged, but it could no longer sustain life for the Lumas, endangering them as a result.

sonicbrawler182 said:
"A strange force had latched onto our ship, pulling away Star Bits and our power source, Power Stars. Our ship had lost power, so it entered a deep hibernation state where it could not move. Those who took your special one picked up the Power Stars..."

So while Bowser did pick up the stars, he didn't physically invade the Observatory to retrieve them (which is also evidenced by the fact that the Observatory shows no signs of being damaged by Bowser's fleet or anything of the sort). This wouldn't make a lot of sense, as the Observatory moves way too fast to just be invaded a la Peach's Castle. He used some kind of metaphorical "star magnet" to drag away stars from the Observatory as it passed by the Mushroom Kingdom, and that sucked away it's power source, leaving it at a standstill. Which would explain why Rosalina mentions Star Bits being taken, yet Bowser only ever set out to retrieve the Power Stars and never mentions the Star Bits (the Star Bits would be useless to him, they were probably just discarded or ignored. Or he used them to create minions, hence you can retrieve Star Bits by killing enemies with a spin).
Fortunately for Rosalina, Mario was able to help her restore the Comet Observatory to its original condition, by taking back the Grand Stars that Bowser stole. In return, she helped Mario reach Bowser's Galaxy Reactor so that he could settle the score with Bowser one last time. While Mario did succeed at saving Peach and the last Grand Star, this resulted in the Galaxy Reactor becoming unstable, and it turns into a black hole. Rosalina manages to save everyone, while the Lumas stopped the black hole. After order was fully restored, Rosalina and the surviving Lumas departed to parts unknown.

After Super Mario Galaxy, Rosalina's role had greatly diminished to being a very minor character for Super Mario Galaxy 2. And due to her lack of mainstream appearances, Rosalina has had it very rough, in terms of being a potential representative for the next Super Smash Bros. installment; she had to contend with Toad and Bowser Jr., both of which have higher priority, mainstream-wise.

Another situation that Rosalina had to deal with was her moveset potential, as some people thought that she'd just be a clone of Peach. Likewise, other people have thought that she'd only be good as an Assist Trophy.

What did help Rosalina out, however, is her playable inclusion in Super Mario 3D World, along with her supposedly large fanbase. This actually contributed into helping Rosalina make her playable inclusion into the Super Smash Bros. series. Unexpected perhaps, but this was Rosalina's best opportunity to do more than just be a supporting character.

Moveset

True to her nature as being the guardian of the cosmos, Rosalina's moveset has her utilizing cosmic elements, which includes spawning small galaxies with her own hands and feet, and even making rings that resemble the rings of Saturn. Another unique mechanic that she brings is the usage of her Luma partner.

In a way, Rosalina may operate in a manner that's similar to that of a Bisharp and its Pawniard underlings; Rosalina would have the Luma build up her opponent's damage, and once the opponent has taken enough damage, she will enter the fray to finish off her adversary.

Of course, even without the Luma, Rosalina is capable of fighting on her own, which is something that Olimar can't do.

This section basically covers the moves that we've seen. Keep in mind that some of the special move names may be conjectural.

Standard Special: Luma Summoning

One of Rosalina's most unique tidbits is her ability to utilize the Luma for her combat options. This move basically summons a Luma, which will act like a puppet character.

While the Luma is around, Rosalina can utilize it to set up attack combos, as it has its own standard attack combos that can be used whenever Rosalina commands it to use them.

Also, Rosalina appears to be able to call the Luma back to her side with this special move, as shown with the image below.

One thing that does need to be kept in mind, however, is that the Luma's stamina is limited, and as such, it can only take a limited number of attacks before being KO'd. Fortunately, this does not affect Rosalina's score, and when one Luma gets KO'd, another can easily be summoned to take its place.

It should be noted that the color of the Luma can change with each new summoning, but it's currently unclear if each Luma color has its own distinct features or not.

Now, there is one dilemma with this move that has lead to some debates, and that's the amount of time that it takes to summon the Luma. The animation that Rosalina used before the Luma was summoned was also used at a different location, but she never summons a Luma while using the animation. This could mean that this special move can be used at any time, regardless of Rosalina's situation, and it may actually be instantaneous. However, the evidence suggesting this is lacking at the moment.

Side Special: Luma Shot

While the Luma is present, Rosalina can actually use it like a projectile with this move. Of course, the Luma is more of a pseudo-projectile in this case; it acts like one, but it really isn't.

Rosalina can basically send the Luma away from her, or back, depending on which direction she's facing. This in return enables her to use the Luma to attack opponents from a safe distance.

If she has to, Rosalina can use this move alongside the Luma Summoning special to keep the Luma close to her.

Up Special: Launch Star

When in danger, Rosalina can utilize this special move to send herself flying at a rather large distance. This serves as her third jump. However, like most third jumps, this move will render Rosalina helpless, and vulnerable to incoming attacks until she touches ground.

The image below describes how far the travel distance of this move is.

The Launch Star special references how Mario utilized the Launch Stars to travel from one planet to another. Of course, whenever Mario used the Launch Stars, he was safe from any harm while traveling.

If this move stays true to the way that the Launch Stars operated in Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel, Rosalina could receive invincibility frames while using this move, until she enters her helpless state. In that scenario, opponents would have to wait until Rosalina is helpless before they can do anything to her.

Also, the Launch Star could have offensive properties, in that opponents would take damage and be sent flying if Rosalina comes into contact with them, before becoming helpless.

Down Special: Gravitational Pull

Rosalina has the ability to shield herself with a barrier that repels almost any kind of attack. With this special move, projectile attacks can get redirected, and items will be disabled. In a way, it operates in a different manner when compared to Fox McCloud's Reflector move.

The image below shows how Gravitational Pull is able to redirect one kind of projectile attack; Mario's F.L.U.D.D..

In terms of its ability to disable items, Gravitational Pull can basically make them act as if they were never used at all. This can prevent items like the Poke Ball from ever being activated.

Of course, another interesting tidbit with this move is that it can attract items toward Rosalina at will.

Now, while this move may render a lot of projectile games useless, what we don't know is if the move can be held like Fox's Reflector. If Rosalina can hold on to this move for as long as she wants, this could help her keep projectiles in check even more.

On one final note, the Star Cursor's presence does reference how it was used in the Super Mario Galaxy titles.

Neutral Attack / 3-hit Combo

Rosalina will utilize her star wand to damage nearby opponents. The third hit apparently sends targets flying diagonally upwards.

The Luma performs a couple punches, and finishes up with an upward kick that somewhat resembles Kirby's up smash move.

Up Tilt

Rosalina creates a ring that moves upwards at a rather fast speed. It appears that the attack is quick in execution, and has a long vertical reach.

When Rosalina uses this move, the Luma will perform an uppercut move that can strike opponents from above.

The image below is just a reference that suggests this thought.

An attack like this could easily counter a lot of attacks from above, especially if the opponent's reach isn't very good.

At first, it seemed that this move would be Rosalina's up aerial move, but at this point in time, we don't know if the move is also used as her up aerial or not.

Forward Smash

Rosalina will create a galaxy with her hands, which can send opponents flying sideways if they come into contact with it. The attack seems to execute at a decently good rate, and has a decent attack range.

The following image shows the move in action, and its damage effects.

On a side note, the Luma apparently does a sideways punch attack when this smash attack is used.

Up Smash

Rosalina simply swings her star wand upwards. While we don't know how the move is used offensively, it does command the Luma to perform its own up smash move, which seems to offer good vertical knockback.

Down Smash

Rosalina has apparently taken a page from Zelda's moveset for this attack. She does a kick that covers her left and right sides, but these kicks spawn small galaxies, which can supposedly damage anyone who comes into contact with them. This attack executes quite fast, and seems to have a good reach. As such, characters who don't have a good reach may find themselves in trouble getting past this move.

The Luma does its own kicking maneuver whenever Rosalina performs this smash attack.

Forward Aerial

As a lot of people may have guessed, this move has lead to a pretty amusing epidemic in that Rosalina's dress contains the universe.

Anyway, Rosalina performs a kick that creates a galaxy that leaves behind some stars. Judging by the image below, the attack scores multiple hits, with the last hit offering the most knockback.

Some people have inputted that this is an up aerial, but when you look at the attack animation more closely, the attack is too low-angled to even count as an up aerial. In fact, when compared to the up aerials from some of the other characters, it becomes even more clear that this move doesn't get angled high enough to even count as an up aerial move.

The following are images showing the forward aerial's highest angle, and comparing it to three up aerials from three different characters.

The highest angle for Rosalina's forward aerial

The highest angle for Mario's, Kirby's, and Captain Falcon's up aerial

Down Aerial

Rosalina creates a ring below her, which can send opponents falling downwards upon making contact. The attack's range is apparently long, and it seems to execute pretty fast too. Because of this attack's properties, it'll likely be treated as a Meteor Smash move, if not a Spike.

Dash Attack

This is probably one of Rosalina's oddest attacks. She simply charges head on, sending opponents flying diagonally upwards. The attack scores two hits, with the second hit offering the most knockback.

Grab Game

Based on the trailer footage, it seems that Rosalina's grabs are quite quick in execution, along with having almost no signs of being punishable. And while we've only seen her forward throw and backward throw moves, it's possible that Rosalina may offer one of the strongest grabs in the game, rivaling that of Mewtwo's grabs.

To add to this, Rosalina could potentially perform some lethal combos with her throws when she throws her adversary towards the Luma.

Forward Throw

Backward Throw

Rosalina's grab is most likely based on how Mewtwo grabs its opponents in Melee, as the following images show some similarities between the two idle grab poses.

Rosalina's Idle Grab

Mewtwo's Idle Grab

At this point, however, we don't really have a clue on how effective Rosalina's dash grabs are, nor do we know how powerful her throws are. But if Rosalina's dash grabs don't have any major drawbacks, she may potentially be one of the best grab abusers out there, which is something that the Mario franchise has really lacked.

Taunt 1

Rosalina and the Luma will spin around briefly.

Status Unknown Moves
There have been some moves that we don't really have a clear idea on what control actions are used. This section simply speculates on those moves.

Forward Tilt?
While we may not know anything on what Rosalina does with her forward tilt, it's possible that the Luma will perform the move shown on the image below whenever Rosalina does her forward tilt.

Down Aerial?
While we do know that Rosalina's down aerial has her sending a Saturn-like ring downwards, we don't really know what action that the Luma will do when she uses that move. It's possible that the image below shows the Luma using its down aerial.

This very move also proves that whenever Rosalina gets grabbed, the Luma can easily intervene with what the opponent is doing to her. As a result, the Luma's interference could easily stop grab games in their tracks.

Taunt 2?

Rosalina briefly squats, and then rises while waving her star wand around.

Rosalina performed this very same animation before the Luma was summoned, but she was facing left while doing it.

While there may not be enough information on how the Luma Summoning special will work, this animation seems a lot more like taunt material than it is special move material.

Idle Pose?

The Luma was seen doing a pose while being stationary. However, this move could also just be the Luma's crouching animation.

Star Bits

The Luma fired Star Bits with one of its moves. It might just be the same maneuver as that of the speculated forward tilt, but more information will be needed first.

Neutral Attacks?

The Luma performed a few attacks that seem to be related to Rosalina's 3-hit combo, but whenever Rosalina does her neutral attack, she uses three different attack animations for each attack. More information will be needed in order to figure out this scenario.

Unknown Move Speculation
Because not all of Rosalina's moves have been revealed, that may leave us wondering on what her unknown moves are. This section simply speculates on them.

Forward Tilt
Rosalina might borrow some of the Star Rod's elements with this move. She'd perform a strong swing with her star wand, which would release a few stars that could damage opponents from a distance.

Down Tilt
Rosalina creates a small galaxy below her, which sends opponents flying diagonally upwards. The range of the attack is moderately good, along with offering good knockback.

Neutral Aerial: Star Spin

The Star Spin is a move that Mario utilized in the Super Mario Galaxy titles. It's a move that not only deals damage to enemies, but it also gives Mario a small height increase for his jumps. Rosalina used her own version of the move in Super Mario 3D World, as shown on the above screenshot.

Rosalina could have this move as her neutral aerial attack, offering her decent horizontal range, decently good knockback, and even a small jump boost that may help in her recovery options.

Backward Aerial
Rosalina might take another page from Zelda's handbook by doing a kick from behind. A galaxy would get created from the foot, which could deliver good power and knockback, along with having no sourspots.

Up Aerial
Rosalina's up tilt move could also be her up aerial, offering the same vertical range that could help in her juggling options.

Grab Pummel
Rosalina shocks the opponent weakly with a small galaxy that she spawns with her right hand.

Up Throw
Rosalina tosses her opponent upward in a somewhat similar manner as Mewtwo, but at a faster rate. The throw offers good knockback, and could even lead to juggling combos.

Down Throw
Rosalina lays her opponent on the ground, and then creates a galaxy that deals multiple hits on the opponent. The final hit will send the opponent flying diagonally upwards, and it could even be used for chain grab maneuvers against large targets.

Ledge Attack
Rosalina gets back up and releases a small galaxy that'll damage nearby opponents.

Floor Attack
Rosalina spins her body in a fashion similar to that of the Star Spin. She'll also create some small galaxies to cover her horizontal distance.

Final Smash: Power Star Storm

Rosalina will summon the power of the Power Stars, and they'll start raining down on the battlefield. The amount of damage that they deal depends on their colors.

Yellow Power Star: Low power and knockback.
Red Power Star: Average power and knockback.
Green Power Star: High power and knockback.

Grand Stars may also fall down on the battlefield, and they're the strongest of the Power Stars, often being able to KO opponents at low damage percentages.

The origin of this Final Smash comes from the fact that certain Lumas are able to become Power Stars, most notably the yellow, red, and green Lumas. Green Power Stars are also classified as being Cosmic Jewels, which may explain how they could be more hard-hitting than the red and yellow Power Stars. Additionally, some Power Stars are likely able to evolve into Grand Stars, and considering that they're powerful enough to operate the Comet Observatory, and make Bowser ridiculously huge, their power could even be massive in a battle.

Rosalina is immune to all attacks while performing this Final Smash move, but she'll also be stationary.

The Luma Story

Like what's been mentioned before, the Luma is utilized as a puppet character whenever Rosalina summons it into battle. The player doesn't control the Luma, but more the Luma follows the same movement and attack commands as Rosalina.

The Luma's usage in battle can be quite versatile, from being a damage builder, a grab game stopper, an efficient edge-guarder, and even a defensive shield. And because Rosalina is in command, she can easily have the Luma do all the fighting, while she stays clear of any attack onslaughts.

An example of the Luma edge-guarding

An example of the Luma acting as a shield

However, much like with Olimar's Pikmin, the Luma's stamina is limited, and as such, it can only take a certain number of beatings before getting KO'd. This isn't entirely bad though, since the Luma doesn't affect Rosalina's score when it gets KO'd, and when one Luma falls, Rosalina can easily summon another one to take its place.

Another attribute that the Luma apparently has is that it's immune to all grabs, as the trailer showed the Villager trying to grab it, but all attempts had no effect.

Of course, the Luma does seem to show some signs of being independent as well. How its independence operates may simply be determined by what actions Rosalina does, and whether or not the Luma can follow the command to the fullest.

Now, while we have seen many different Luma colors (yellow, red, green, blue, and apricot), what we don't know is if the colors have any impact on their usage properties. We've seen the Red Luma fire Star Bits, but it's always possible that the other Luma colors can do the same thing as well. The colors could also determine how resilient the Lumas are, along with the amount of damage that they can handle before being KO'd.

Overall, the Luma's assistance in Rosalina's game offers her a lot of combat options, and unlike Olimar and his Pikmin, Rosalina doesn't necessarily need the Luma around to stay strong in combat. And depending on Rosalina's adversary, the Luma might just be more than enough to keep the adversary in check.

Attributes
The following is information that has been gathered from different sources, including in-game footage. A lot of the information will be speculative in nature.

Size

One of Rosalina's greatest attributes is her size. She's one of the tallest humans to ever exist in the Mario Universe, rivaling even Waluigi himself. However, Waluigi typically stands in a hunched position, while Rosalina always stands tall.

The following is simply a height comparison between Rosalina and Waluigi, from Mario Kart Wii.

Rosalina's size can also be referenced even further with this size comparison attempt...

Here's another one, comparing her height to Little Mac.

And of course, one more size comparison to boot, though the following is more of a rough estimate, using Brawl models and imports.

At this point though, it's unknown how tall Rosalina is when she's compared to Ganondorf, who's the tallest human fighter in Brawl.

Weight

Sakurai has confirmed that Rosalina will be a lightweight character. However, what we don't know is how light she'll be. In her spin-off appearances, Rosalina has always been ranked at a higher size/weight level than Princess Peach.

Following Brawl's weight values, 100 is average, and since Peach's weight value is 90, it's probable that Rosalina's weight value could be as low as 91, being heavier than Peach, but lighter than Toon Link (92), or as high as 99, being heavier than Mario (98), but lighter than Lucario (100). But since weight values never always stay constant with each Smash Bros. installment, this is just speculation.

It should also be noted that Rosalina is a floaty character, and being floaty doesn't necessarily mean that a fighter is very light. Samus is floaty herself, but she's actually very heavy (108). Likewise, Fox falls like an anvil, despite being very light (80).

Ground Speed

Rosalina apparently isn't a speedy character while on the ground. If anything, her ground speed probably has more in common with Mewtwo's ground speed.

In Melee and Brawl, the walking speed average value is 1, which is Mewtwo's walking speed value, so being slower than Samus, and faster than the Ice Climbers seems right for Rosalina's walking speed; she'd basically be tied with Lucario's walking.

In terms of running, that's a little trickier to figure out. Mewtwo rivaled Kirby's running in Melee, but Kirby's running never did stay constant for Brawl. But since Mewtwo does outrun Ness, Rosalina's running could be tied with that of Lucario's running and Falco's running.

An animation, depicting Rosalina's running speed

Keep note that this is merely speculation, as we don't exactly have enough evidence to suggest all of this.

Jumping Height
In Super Mario 3D World, Rosalina could jump as high as Luigi. However, because we never did get a jump height comparison between the two in the trailer, it's unclear at the moment if Rosalina's jumping height rivals that of Luigi.

Mid-Air Jump Amount

Like most other characters, Rosalina can only do one mid-air jump.

Falling Speed

Rosalina apparently isn't that fast of a faller, which adds to her floatiness. Not falling fast does help Rosalina while recovering sideways, but at the same time, this does make her more prone to being KO'd vertically.

Attack Power
This is a little tricky to figure out, since the damage meter was never present for Rosalina's trailer. Rosalina's attacks may either be quite powerful, in terms of knockback, or she needs to rack up her opponent's damage. If it's the latter, the Luma can always fight first to increase the opponent's damage to a high level, before Rosalina takes action herself. If it's the former, however, Rosalina could end up being an overwhelming contender for a lot of fighters, especially when you take into account her apparently fast attack speed.

Although heavyweights are usually the heavy hitters, it's not that unheard of for a lightweight to be a heavy hitter as well. But whether or not Rosalina hits hard remains to be seen at this point.

Attack Range
Rosalina seems to have a good attack range with her attacks, thanks to her size, and the added effects that her attacks offer. This could make it very difficult for fighters to approach Rosalina safely if their reach isn't very good; this strongly applies to the small fighters, who usually don't have the best attack range.

The forward smash, down smash, up tilt, and down aerial are just some examples of attacks that Rosalina can take advantage of her reach, and the star wand adds to Rosalina's reach as well. Likewise, Rosalina's grab range appears to be very good, which may come in handy when countering opponents who have invincibility frames for their attacks.

The forward smash's distance

The down smash's distance

The up tilt's maximum distance

The down aerial's maximum distance

An animation, depicting Rosalina's grab speed and reach

Part 1 Epilogue

This ends the first part of the Rosalina Character Analysis. Tune in next week for part two, where I'll cover the aesthetic contents, along with matchup speculation, the Kirby Hat input, and even alternate outfits and recolors. If you have any suggestions for me to cover, post them here.

Until then, see you next week Smash fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Stage Analysis

As many you know, here in the WiR, we strive for excellence and providing you with the best of Smash. Character are constantly what brings the most amount of attention and hype but I want to look at an aspect of something I really find my interest in: Stages.

Stages are a pivotal and focus on many fighting games and has been a staple in fighting game history since its birth. The Temple Roof in Street Fighter, The Dead Pool in Mortal Kombat 2, Hyrule Castle in Super Smash Bros. 64, and many others! Stages have become an important part in Smash history as a way to include elements from the many franchises that are apart of Super Smash Bros.

After the end of every character analysis, I plan on releasing a stage analysis which will try to pick apart and hopefully shed some light on one of the stages that will be released on the Wii U and 3DS games.

The first stage is one I am really looking forward to playing on and one that will be my first pick upon picking up the Wii U version of the game. This is none other than...

Wuhu Island

Just think. Sunshine, beaches, sparkling water, fun fun fun under the sun. What kind of stage brings this all into one gorgeous splendor?

Wuhu Island of course!

Now, we have seen some pictures about this stage but what exactly is Wuhu Island? What does this stage entail exactly and how will it be incorporated into Super Smash Bros.? Wuhu Island is an island featured in the various Wii titles as well as Wii Fit. Activities such as jogging, hang gliding, boating, kayak, jet skiing, fishing, bowling, basketball, and many other popular sports as well as tropical island-themed activities.

So how does this apply to the stage?

I would like to turn your attention to these following picture:

As you can see in the first, this island is strikingly different compared to the recent images we have seen. It appears closely to the original Pilotwings for the SNES. here are some pictures for clearer clarification:

Everything from the general 2-D style, block shaped buildings, and angular roads/tarmacs clearly points to the Pilotwings of yore. It is quite interesting that so much detail was brought into this model...especially the helipad islands in the lower left hand portion of the stage and the pyramid (?) in the center of the island. It would appear that everything this island is not as it seems and could be holding a deep secret.

In the second picture, you can see the planes taking off from the retro Wuhu Island to the new Wuhu Island in the distant horizon.

In the third pic, you can see the plane finally taking off as well as showcasing the fact that players fight on board the plane rather than on the tarmac. But what's that looming in the distance? That is our destination., Wuhu Island. I find it very interesting that the stage first starts off with the old version of Wuhu Island that was featured in Pilotwings (albeit not titled Wuhu Island back then) and, through time, transports us to the revamped and newer version. I guess you can say the same for Super Smash Bros. He hop onto the ride that is SSB and ride it out throughout the ages. Sure, it has several face lifts and changes beneath the hood but, all in all, it is still the same game that we all come to love. Maybe this transition from old to new has a deeper, more philosophical meaning than we first thought.

Anyways, according to the first and second picture, the newer Wuhu Island lies south of this island. The plane begins to take off on the southern most run way. This is evident with the position of the trees in the background in both pictures.

I then want to move to the third picture where it shows the players on route to Wuhu Island. Wuhu Island looms in the distance and showcases the various landmarks and locales of Wuhu Island.

I believe at this stage, players are able to change in between the planes as seen in the picture. It would be ridiculous to suggest that players are unable to. Within time, the planes zoom to the main island. The island is very detailed and clearly shows the design of the stage - everything from the Candle Lighthouse, Blue Lagoon Village, Lakeside Palace, Temple Ruin, and many other locations. It makes me excited to see the island zooming into view and the speed of the planes.

While not 100%, it is assumed that the plane flies over Wuhu Village.

At some point, the plane leaves the Wuhu Village and goes torward the mountaina rea.

However, if it continues to fly over the the other locations is unknown. Also, it is unconfirmed where exactly this comes about.

Most likely, it appears either prior to reaching the island or some point after leaving the island if that comes into play.

Also unknown is where this island shown in the background comes into play:

It has appeared in several screenshots and seems to be set apart from the main Wuhu Island chain yet seems important enough.

This stage is obviously a tour-cruise stage ala Lylat Cruise from Brawl minus all of the explosions, lasers, and warp jumps from one solar system to the next. Instead, we have propellers zipping around Wuhu Island; dodging around buildings and pulling stunts in the air. Minus the explosions which is actually a welcomed change in my book.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see if the stage zips and zooms around Wuhu Island and how the planes will interact with the stage.

Miis and Wuhu Island

The big question regarding Wuhu Island is does it mean that Mii's will be a playable character or not. As we know from Brawl, Smashville, Hanenbow, and Pictochat were examples of stages that represented a franchise by themselves without a representative character. This could be the case with Wuhu Island in that it represents the Wii games franchises without the Mii being represented.

However, a key factor in a character being deconfirmed is the fact that they appear in the background in a stage. Case in point, the animal villagers, Tom Nook, and Villager in Smashville, King Dedede in Dream Land, Ridley in Planet Zebes, the various Pokemon in the Pokemon Stadium levels, Tingle in Great Bay, Knuckles, Silver and Tails in Green Hill Zone, Shy Guys in Mario Circuit, and King Bulbin in Bridge of Eldin. We already have a stage that is represented solely by a stage and that's the Nintendog. If you are counting the Mii as a newcomer, then there has yet to be a stage that represents a franchise in the Wii U version.
However, as we all know, this argument has been disproved with the reveal that the Spirit Train stage features Toon Link predominately. As we all know from the update January 24th:

Sakurai said:
When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: 'Leave it to me!

If Toon Link is selected and brought to the Spirit Train stage, Alphonso will conduct the train instead of Toon Link. While largely unknown, this could apply to other past stages. However, this change in train conductors is generally logical considering Alphonso was a train engineer in Spirit Tracks. However, how would that translate for unconfirmed characters that could potentially become stage hazards/elemetns? Examples include Ridley in Pyrosphere, Palutena in Palutena's Temple, and other potential characters that have yet to confirmed or deconfirmed.

However, I fail to see how this could be incorporated into the Wuhu Island stage since Miis are so pivotal to both the stage as well as the franchise. Not to mention....

In this picture and the above screenshots I posted earlier, where are the Miis? They seem strangely absent much like Skyloft is. You would think Wuhu Island would show some of the Miis partcipating in sports and activities but we see nothing. That could be a possible point towards the Miis inclusion. However, in Mario Kart 7, the [/URL]Wuhu Loop also shows Miis as being absent but, then again, they are in playable form in Mario Kart 7.

I also want to bring up the [/URL]Find Mii stage which is, yet again, a largely Mii-oriented stage. I think it's important to note that while the Wuhu Island and Find Mii stage could represent the Mii games franchise without the character representative, it is slightly perculiar that the franchise would get two representatives for both versions. There are still a lot of unknown variables such as:

• Will Pikmin and Wii Fit get a stage for the 3DS stage?
  • Will we get a Sonic stage for the 3DS?
  • Will we get a Fire Emblem stage for the Wii U?
  • If Isaac returns as a newomer, will we get a Golden Sun stage for the WiiU?
  • Will the Wii U have a Wii U only stage that soley represents a franchise? (ex. Nintedogs = 3DS)

It is still too early to know but coupled with the Mii's significant absence on the Wuhu Island, the Find Mii stage on the 3DS, and being forced into games by Nintendo greatly points to them being included as a playable character. But time will tell.

Music

Soundtrack Contest Winners: BridgesWithTurtles and Ariand / AEM

BridgesWithTurtles's Tracklist

Name: Light Plane
Universe: Pilotwings
Game of Origin: Pilotwings (SNES, 1991)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTt9j_bHPE

Name: Main Theme (Wii Sports Resort)
Universe: Wii / Mii / DS
Game of Origin: Wii Sports Resort (Wii, 2009)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcH5nynFsxM

Name: Rocketbelt

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VhE0W9Bms

Name: Gyrocopter
Game of Origin: Pilotwings 64 (N64, 1996)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9dcrQAJcI

Name: Squirrel Time
Game of Origin: Pilotwings Resort (3DS, 2011)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSJR3tFZD8

Name: Sunset Bay
Universe: Wave Race
Game of Origin: Wave Race 64 (N64, 1996)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rILQFjMxUYo

Name: Main Menu
Game of Origin: Wii Party (Wii, 2010)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzepGtfHL9A

Name: World A1
Universe: Kururin
Game of Origin: Kururin Squash! (NGC, 2004)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgKJqTQCMs

Ariand / AEM's Tracklist

Name: Select Your Aircraft Medley

Link: (Choose Aircraft)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mdjTDVNQo
(Light Plane) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTt9j_bHPE
(Rocketbelt) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VhE0W9Bms
(Hang glider) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkHjbbeUqY
(Skydiving) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON445uaHDAI
(Great Landing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmziiKMcJsQ

Name: Helicopter

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXumRVAxO2k

Name: Birdman

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JEueGdQ5yQ

Name: Super Rocket Belt

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTv19zCVGYo

Link:

Link:

Name: Face Raiders
Universe: Face Raiders
Game of Origin: Face Raiders (3DS, 2011)

Link: (Stage 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6e-GUBxX8
(Stage 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoI-sh07Xo
(Stage 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxR8_OY2KRw
("Medley" made by God Robet's Cousin) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBaf0yYqSYI

Name: Strongwater Keep (Sunny)
Game of Origin: Wave Race: Blue Storm (NGC, 2001)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KvN5x-e9Hs

Tournament Legality

I believe this stage will be banned competitively or as a counter-pick. While it adds a new dimension to gameplay, it might seem as a possible handicap, especially for more airborne players. The stage, Lylat Cruise is listed as "Other common starters/Universal counterpick". While Wuhu Island can draw similarities from Lylat Cruise, the fact that players can have to jump from one plane to the next may hinder the legality status of this stage not to mention unconfirmed stage hazards that might disrupt game play.

Overview

Wuhu Island is an excellent addition into the Super Smash Bros. stage legacy and one that pulls out all of the stops. Judging from character trailers as well as screenshots, it is a fast stage that zips around buildings, flies over oceans, and performs banks and turns that will make it a fun stage to play on. However, the uncertainty of the nature of the stage, stage hazards, and multiple planes makes this stage an unknown in terms of deciding whether it will become tournament legal or not. As well, the absence of Mii's and the prevalent of these characters in the Mii game franchises possibly points to them being included but, much like the tournament legality, it is largely unknown. Still, many Smash Bros. fans seems to like this stage addition as well as the vibrant background, fast speeds, and its t"tipping of the hat" to the retro Pilotwings. But before you board the plane(s), make sure you packed your swimming suit and underwear because this stage isn't going to make a pit stop.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to add the poll :/

This Weeks I want YOU to Vote! Results

This week's "I want YOU to Vote!" was over the release date which has been speculated even before Smash 4 was even announced back in 2012. A lot of members have varying opinions on the release date; some believing it is Spring, others Summer, while others thing Fall or even Winter. Some are less optimisitic and believe that the game will delayed into 2015 but this does go against Sakurai's quote
I resolve to complete development on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U and release it in 2014.
http://kotaku.com/more-2014-resolutions-from-japanese-game-developers-1490799636

I polled tWiR readers in when they think the release date will be and here are the results.

Spring 2014 (March through May)
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Summer 2014 (June through August)
17 vote(s)
31.5%

Fall 2014 (September through November)
24 vote(s)
44.4%

Winter 2014 (December)
9 vote(s)
16.7%

Winter 2015 (December through February)
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Spring 2015 (March through May)
2 vote(s)
3.7%

After Spring 2015 (June through December)
2 vote(s)
3.7%

We had a total of 45 votes. This is less than the 70 votes we had for the poll "What did you think about the Little Mac reveal?" I wonder if it was due to the absence of the poll option in the previous issue, lack of interest in release date discussion, or that it is universally agreed that when the release date will be...or people are lazy.

Many of the voters thought we would be getting the game Fall 2014 which would consist of September through November for those in the Northern Hemisphere, Spring for those in the Southern Hemisphere. Shortly behind were the hopefuls that think we will get it in Summer so June through August. I was surprised that Winter 2014/2015 did not get any votes considering it is the holiday season and a big time for people to spend money I gifts. Spring 2014 didn't recieve any votes either but that is obviously a given. Interestingly enough, Spring 2015 and onwards got a total of 4 votes. I found this interesting that people voted for those two options and, while I am a bit skeptic, it makes me wonder how many fans firmly believe that this game will be delayed until 2015.

In addition to the votes, members offered reasons as to why they voted for a certain option:

After Spring 2015.
@KingShadow

I am curious as to why you voted for this otption. Could you highlight why you did?

...I personally think Smash 4 will be released by August, so I went with Summer 2014.
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

I'm going to vote Fall 2014. I don't think the game will be pushed to 2015. Also, wonderful job on the WIR! That's the first one I've read, and I have to say I'm mighty impressed!
@ abrinx77 abrinx77

In th future, I would love to hear why you voted for one of the options. I will then feature it here. Thank you for participating and, hopefully, we may have somewhat of a understand on how Smashboard users think when Smash 4 will released.​

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The Lumiose Pic doesn't show and you forgot to add a bracket in one quote, it decimated the Yoshi portion of the Original post.

But awesome work as always! Can't wait to read the rest.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
yeah my computer is screwing up badly,. Because of the super late PotD, I don't have any time to clean up these formatting issues so I am just going to leave them as is. For some odd reason. on the stage analysis, it dedicated to redirect all of the links to the ****ing Dream Land link.......i thoroughly done with it.

Anyways, I am late to the work party I have to go to so I will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Another thing, in the interview I believe the first paragraph is referring to Golden.

Also I took the liberty of trying to fix up the Song Selection area for Wuhu Island / Pilotwings. Because it seems like every other link wants to send you to Dream Land.

Soundtrack Contest Winners: BridgesWithTurtles and Ariand / AEM

BridgesWithTurtles's Tracklist

Name: Light Plane

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTt9j_bHPE

Link:

Name: Rocketbelt

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VhE0W9Bms

Name: Gyrocopter

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9dcrQAJcI

Name: Squirrel Time

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSJR3tFZD8

Name: Sunset Bay
Game of Origin: Wave Race 64 (N64, 1996)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rILQFjMxUYo

Link:

Name: World A1
Universe: Kururin
Game of Origin: Kururin Squash! (NGC, 2004)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgKJqTQCMs

Ariand / AEM's Tracklist

Name: Select Your Aircraft Medley

Link: (Choose Aircraft)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mdjTDVNQo
(Light Plane) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTt9j_bHPE
(Rocketbelt) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VhE0W9Bms
(Hang glider) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkHjbbeUqY
(Skydiving) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON445uaHDAI
(Great Landing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmziiKMcJsQ

Name: Helicopter

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXumRVAxO2k

Name: Birdman

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JEueGdQ5yQ

Name: Super Rocket Belt

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTv19zCVGYo

Link:

Link:

Name: Face Raiders
Universe: Face Raiders
Game of Origin: Face Raiders (3DS, 2011)

Link: (Stage 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6e-GUBxX8
(Stage 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoI-sh07Xo
(Stage 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxR8_OY2KRw
("Medley" made by God Robet's Cousin) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBaf0yYqSYI

Name: Strongwater Keep (Sunny)
Game of Origin: Wave Race: Blue Storm (NGC, 2001)

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KvN5x-e9Hs

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Awesome! Thanks Ariand. I thought I had everything fixed prior to posting.

I'll try to add it in when I have some time. My bike has a flat, it's raining, and I've been drinking so I can't drive to the party. So I'm hoofing it for a hour :/

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That Rosalina analysis is brilliant! Props to Mario_and_Sonic_Guy for the elaborate detail that went into it. Can't wait to see how it finishes. ;)

One thing though, the Star Bits and the Forward Tilt for Luma are the same move. Even then, its range and multiple hits seems weird to use as a tilt. The only other function I can see it taking up would have to be a special of sorts, but you may be right after all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That Rosalina analysis is brilliant! Props to Mario_and_Sonic_Guy for the elaborate detail that went into it. Can't wait to see how it finishes. ;)

One thing though, the Star Bits and the Forward Tilt for Luma are the same move. Even then, its range and multiple hits seems weird to use as a tilt. The only other function I can see it taking up would have to be a special of sorts, but you may be right after all.
Maybe the "Side Special" is the F-Tilt.
And the Star Bits are the Side Special...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I updated my Rosalina article with some information that sonicbrawler182 sent me. Apparently, I made a mistake with the History section, and I had to correct it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Amazing you done it well again

And I considered the reference a hint for captain rainbow but it's still just a reference right now

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I updated my Rosalina article with some information that sonicbrawler182 sent me. Apparently, I made a mistake with the History section, and I had to correct it.
Thanks M&SG!

Great read as always.

Also, you didn't do the Thread of the Week.
I didn't have enough time or planning for one :/

It's kinda hard considering how many threads there are to choose from.

Note I have update and cleaned up the WiR. Pesky formatting issues.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now that's a lot of data. I can imagine how it'd be fore the other newcomers. Keep it up!

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Once again, nice job! However, you have my name listed as abrinx777. Its actually abrinx77. Just thought I'd point it out.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The interview with Ariand/AEM may be my favorite yet, and the Rosalina and Wuhu Island analyses were fantastically thorough (as well as thoroughly fantastic). The mysterious lack of the Thread of the Week was a little disappointing, since it's one of my favorite sections, but this is still probably my favorite WiR yet. Keep up the good work.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Excellent work guys. I particularly enjoyed the character analysis. Very accurate information. I think Rosalina will be a bit shorter than the pictures suggest, but I think she'll be similar to Mewtwo in defensive attributes. (Which isn't a good thing)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed them! We have some great writers here! I will be closing this a bit earlier and I will be posting the WiR a bit earlier than usual tomorrow. However, once the Friday PotD article is finished, it will be posted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom