• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Week in Review Issue #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Week in Review Edition #7
2/24 - 2/28
Writers:

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
@TumblrFamous

Banner by @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon

Last week was running on the Little Mac high after he was revealed as a newcomer for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Many expected that Little Mac pictures were to follow; showcasing his attacks, abilities, and so on. This was the case on Monday with Little mac gracing the site/MiiVerse. However, it was something that we already knew in that Little Mac had a poor aerial game and had more power while grounded. However, thw week had a few surprises in that the Fairy was confirmed as a new item. Wednesday proved to stir quite a storm with Sakurai commenting that scaling is not always canon in Smash Bros. This brought both Ridley supporters and detractors in droves on Smashboards and MiiVerse. This only intensified with Sakurai further commenting on the height between Little mac and Samus. Lastly, Friday was an expected but nice surprise with Diddy Kong rejoining the fray.

This week proved to be rather calm following the Little Mac and Diddy Kong reveals....unless you were a Waluigi fan. This week we obviously saw an update with Diddy Kong as well some surprising new information regarding the Punch-Out!! Ring stage as well as a new finishing move that is performed after executing a neutral A combo. What does this spell for infinite jabs? We also had quite the delay which brought out the worst (and best) in posters. As I mentioned above, Thursday was a sad day for Waluigi fans due to his deconfirmation as an Assist Trophy status. Finally, Friday...Black Friday....Fairy Friday. Friday revealed dedenne, the dual Electric/Fairy-type Pokemon as a new Pokeball Pokemon! Its reveal was mixed between "I like that Pokemon" and "I hate that Pokemon".

I would like to say a big and huge thank you to:

[*} @--- for writing up the Mega Man analysis. Take some time and read it since it is a very good read up!

[*} @Xiivi for agreeing to be interviewed.

[*} @Frostwraith for the great stage analysis of the stage, Battlefield.

[*} @TumblrFamous for writing up Thursday's Picture of the Week.

[*} @N3ON for supplying me with info concerning the Rumor and Leaks Thread.

[*] Lastly, to all of the Smashboards users who posts really make up what the WiR is. Without your insightful (and crazy) posts, this thread would not exist so thank you very much!

*Notice: I will be fairly busy next week due to work. It would be great if someone could write up the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday Picture of the Day. You an either take one, two, or all of them. I would prefer though to have one writer for each day though. It would be great if a Moderator could write the Friday PotD so he or she can edit it later. Please send me a message via PM :)

Previous Issues

[collapse=Previous Issues]
To view the previous issues
Issue #1
Issue #2
Issue #3
Issue #4
Issue #5
Issue #6
[/collapse]

Want to help or contribute?

[collapse=Rules and Other Infos]This is the first edition of "The Week in Review". The Week in Review will be a series of articles I have made throughout the week concerning the Pic of Day through using posts, threads, and MiiVerse to pool information and opinions about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS . However, the articles are not only limited to my own observation but to those of the larger Smash 4 community. Users are encouraged to submit articles and observations as well as opinions concerning the pictures that were updated throughout the week. I will explain how you can contribute later.
So what can you expect from this thread? On Friday, I will update the thread with a new article which will contain the Pic of the Day, other relevant images, information, I will also be pulling out interesting and thought provoking posts that have popped up throughout the week on the various threads such as the Wii U Discussion thread, 3DS Discussion Thread, MiiVerse Photo Thread, Roster Discussion Thread, character support threads as well as the Super Smash Bros, Wii U/3DS Backroom thus linking them altogether. In addition, I will also be adding up any information that Sakurai has revealed outside of the website/MiiVerse such as interviews and news articles.
I will open the thread on the weekend for people to talk about how the week went and comment on the articles. However, I will be closing the thread on Monday in order to prevent premature discussion about the weeks updates. I will be operating on Japanese Standard Time since both myself and Sakurai (OMG both of us in the same sentence?!?!?!) live on JST. View the JST Page in order to fully understand how time works.

Additionally, while this thread will focus on solely the Pic of the Day, I will sometimes allow pieces to be written about Smashboards, the Smash Community, MiiVerse, or Sakurai information. Additionally, once we have more information regarding the nature of the character, I will allow a user to write up an in-depth analysis of a character, veteran or newcomer. So come show your stuff!

Why is this thread needed?
We do have various discussion threads pertaining to various aspects of Smash. However, this is less of a discussion thread and more like a newsletter. I intend to present the facts and portray an unbiased review of the week. It will also serve as a hub to collect information, pictures, and articles that have been released in a weekly format thus allowing users to review the past weeks for better understanding how to predict future updates or to comb through information in an effective manner. It will also serve as a place to users to present their information, opinions, and observations in a semi-academical format. More information is listed below. If you see an interesting, funny, thought-provoking, or ridiculous post either on the SWF or on MiiVerse, PM me about it and I will include it! If you want me to remove you from a certain Tag, PM me and I will take you off.

Also, I wanted to use this space to allow users to be creative and constructive in speculating Smash in a more journalistic manner. I will not edit any posts except if they are inappropriate, bypass the censor, hateful in nature, or irrelevant.

How can I help?

You can contribute to this thread in many ways.
1) You can serve as a guest writer. This is done by contacting me via PM and apply to be a guest writer for the current week. I am able to allow or refuse the guest writer based on past credentials and reputation within the Smash 4 community so please keep that in mind.

After approval, I can either give you a piece to write OR you can choose one yourself. It should be focused on a particular Pic of the Day. Please promptly let me know which one you intend to. If I do not hear from you within a day, I will not accept an article. The article itself should be professionally written with little to no grammar or spelling mistakes. Any sources should be cited with a link to direct readers. While I understand some updates may be hard to write for, please write at least two paragraphs for each update. Unless it is an update of Luigi's nose but I am sure someone can find some Freudian psycho-analysis about that update. Please refer to the first edition post about how to write an article (though I am pretty sure many journalist/lit majors can do a much better job than I can lol).

2) You can help me gather posts that are excellent or at least interesting in nature. PM me any posts concerning a particular update and I will then add it to the articles. I frequent the above mentioned threads on a daily basis but I obviously miss things so I am heavily dependent on everyone getting me those great and thought-provoking posts. I want this thread to showcase what the brilliant minds in the Smash 4 community can do!

3) While you can discuss past and future weeks, please refrain from dissecting or analyzing the previous/future weeks and save that for the current week.

4) Could someone be a dear and make a banner for this thread. It's not urgent but a banner would be grand.[/collapse]
Table of Contents

1.1 Day #1: The First Rocket to put a Chimp into Outerspace
2.1 Day #2: Is this stage called "The Boxing Ring"?
3.1 Day #3: The Great Delay Punches In!
4.1 Day #4: Expecting Waluigi? Too Bad, Assist Trophy Time!! by @TumblrFamous
5.2 Day#4: Y NO WI-FI?!
5.1 Day #5: Working Hard Powering Smash
6.1 Week Overview
7.1 Week in Review Interview: Xiivi
8.1 Character Analysis: Mega Man Part 2 by @---
9.1 Stage Analysis: Battlefield by @Frostwraith
10.1 Thread of the Week: The Rumor and Leak Thread
11.1 I want YOU to Vote Results
11.2I want YOU to Vote!

The First Rocket to put a Chimp into space
02/25/14
Day#1: Monday
Writer: Venus of the Desert Bloom

As with any character confirmed to be playable, the next update is usually dedicated to them; either an update to their character or a comment on a certain attack of theirs. Monday's PotD confirmed Diddy Kong's Rocket Barrel would return.

Sakurai went on to say that:
"The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost."
It is apparent that the Rocketbarrel Boost will recieve a boost. Already a great recovery move, it appears it can move along more horizontal trajectories instead of more vertical trajectories.

The height the Rocketbarrel Boost will cover depends on how much the player charges the jetpack. The player can change the angle that Diddy travels by tilting the control stick left or right while the move is being charged; charging the move longer allows a more significant angle shift. Diddy falls slightly slower as the move is charging.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Rocketbarrel_Boost

The return of this special was expected but many felt this was a waste of a picture but people seemed fairly happy to see Diddy Kong shine.

Diddy's expression is priceless. :laugh:
@FalKoopa

Anyone else digging how the pic makes it looks like the skull on Wily's Castle is breathing out fire? ¦D
@Keil Crimson

Others were able to get some information and speculate that this new buff of Diddy's means:

If he does mean their hit trajectory, that's likely not all that meaningful since actually attacking with that move directly is pretty crazy for Diddy. If he means that Diddy can actually launch himself at more horizontal angles, that's a pretty nice buff. Getting his rocket barrels to come off more frequently is nice for him though; that's a pretty random dynamic, but it basically works completely in Diddy's favor.

I'm not really scared of Diddy buffs. Diddy is really well built to succeed in Brawl. His bananas let him combo no matter what hitstun is, and they also give him an amazing OoS game. When more stuff is safe on block an there's a greater variety of other things in the game that can combo, Diddy is going to suffer relatively since it de-emphasizes his strengths and is going to exaggerate his primary weakness of really poor KO power. His design is generally "strong" so he probably doesn't need the world given to him to still be a good character, but a few buffs to make up for how the new engine isn't so favorable to him seems prudent. It's similar thinking to Lucario's buffs I imagine; Sakurai learned from how bad some of the veterans were in Brawl and is taking steps to ensure similar issues don't arise in the new game. We can all remember Brawl C.Falcon, and while a casual inspection might suspect he was really nerfed, the reality is sadder. The knee hitbox changes were C.Falcon's only meaningful nerf; otherwise he's the single least changed character from Melee to Brawl, and he when from high tier to bottom tier entirely because the new engine worked against him every step of the way.

Also, Diddy being taller than Little Mac is not surprising; Diddy is a lot taller than he seems even in Brawl. You don't generally realize it because Diddy is always extremely hunched over, but when a taller character grabs him, just look at how far he stretches out to keep his feet on the ground. He's really about as tall as Peach or Marth if he stands straight up with his back and legs fully vertical; it's just easy to forget about that since as a monkey he is almost never in that pose.
@Amazing Ampharos

Well this showed something new and informative so it was a very useful post.
@Superyoshiom

Diddy Kong buff speculation also went from his recovery move to his other attacks:

We dont know anything about if Diddy can follow up the bananas as well this time around, and if glide tossing isnt in, thats another huge hit to Diddy. Plus, what if the banana slip doesnt allow for good follow ups because it doesnt have as long of an animation anymore or something? Anything could happen, you cant just assume because he still has bananas hes fine.
@Z'zgashi

Meanwhile, some astute individuals noticed several things about today's update:

Looks like Sakurai neglected to note that in addition, both Little Mac and Villager can soar through the air butt-first.
@Sehnsucht

This information might come in handy...

Guys...

Something is terribly wrong.

Sakurai didn't say "Pic of the day!"
@Swampasaur

............I didn't even notice this.

Things Confirmed for Monday:
1) The Rocketbarrel Boost returns
2) It is able to perform more horizontal trajectories.
3) Sakurai did not mention "Pic of the day."

Is this stage called "The Boxing Ring"?
02/26/14
Day #2: Tuesday

"The Boxing Ring"...."The Ring"...."S.S.B.B.A. Ring"? This stage has gone through several name speculation but nothing is definitive yet with just Sakurai calling it The Boxing Ring stage. Regardless, this stage was the focal point of Tuesday's PotD and actually had two photos. One is of the Super Smash Bros. version while the second is of the Punch-Out!! W.V.B.A version. What are the differences?

The first is of the regular Super Smash Bros. version. As you can see, it features the Smash Bros. logo on the ring mat with a large pale purple star while surrounded by smaller yellow stars. There seems to be three on the bottom and two on the the top. The top reads, in English, "Super Smash Bros," Additionally, the ring is a bright almost cerulean blue. The marquee running behind the large screen also reads "Super Smash Bros." Other than those differences, the background such as the screen as well as the fire remains the same to the second picture down below.

The differences in the Punch-Out! W.V.B.A. version is mostly in the marquee and the mat. The mat this time is not such a bright blue but a rather faded periwinkle color...much like the large star on the Smash Bros. version albiet darker in color. It doesn't feature said large star but rather showcases the Punch-Out!! logo. that is found in the games (this will be explained later). There seems to be three small yellow stars to the left and right of the logo. As well, "World Circuit" appears along the bottom in block letter.

Now, what is special about these two versions?

Firstly, the Punch-Out!! version harkens to Punch-Out!! Wii that was released in 2009. Please take a look here:

It is obvious that this is the ring from the most recent installment in the Punch-Out!! franchise. The logo also remains intact from this version.

The world circuit logo can be seen on the far left

And while not verbatim,

The marquee from the Wii version returns for Smash 4 was well as the over dramatization and hype-build of the background elements such as camera flashes, fire, spotlights, the audience, etc.

However, what does the Super Smash Bros. version have to offer? The bright blue color of the mat harkens back to what I believe is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, the first game in the franchise.

I think this color is an intentional nod to the Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and what started the entire series.

Now, some are wondering as to why there are two versions included and if this will continue with other stages.

I think the reason they did this is because they wanted to hide the fact it was a Punch-Out stage before Mac's reveal, but they also thought not including the original version of the stage would be a waste of the work they did on the Smash Bros themed version. So they just said "why not just include both versions?".
@sonicbrawler182

It may be just because they wanted to show off the stage before Little Max was revealed, so they made the Smash design, then after Mac was revealed, they decided to keep the Mash design because why not.
@Mega Bidoof

Guess this is not dependent on Little Mac's presence like I thought. Still, there are two versions of the ring. The mystery is how are you going to select between both versions... Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
@Frostwraith

Maybe the Punch-Out!! version has to be unlocked first. The answer would be to unlock Little Mac.
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

I guess this will work like Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl. Depending in the button you hold when selecting the stage.
@Tepig2000

I think we'll get both arenas on both versions. The Punch Out version was just shown on 3DS in a Miiverse pic of the day, and the trailer was on Wii U. We've seen the SB version on both in the same respect.
@Pichu Guru

Some users expressed which version they liked the best....

Yeah, I'm going with the Punch Out! version. Not sure why they decided to offer 2 versions of Little Mac's stage. Have they done this in the past with anyone else's? Just seems odd to not have it always be Punch Out! related...

Not complaining, nothing wrong with options and choices etc. Just weird. :)
@ Aggressive Sock Aggressive Sock

Personally I like the Smash version a bit better.
@DaDavid

The community seemed fairly divided which one they liked the best wiht preferring the Punch-Out!! version do to it having that Punch-Out!! vibe while others preferred the Super Smash Bros. version because it represents Smash Bros. as a whole.

Which one do you prefer?

The question still raises: If Little Mac plays on this stage, will it always be the World Circuit? And if Little Mac the World Circuit on this stage, does Alphonso's face appear on the mat?

Things confirmed for Tuesday:
1) It is possible to pick between two versions of the ring stage.
2) It is not affected by Little Mac not being on the stage.
3) The Punch-Out!! version reflects the World Circuit stage.

The Great Delay Punches In!
02/26/14
Day #3: Wednesday

Wednesday was a hype train if there ever was one.

Was there a anniversary?

Nope

Was there a new game release?

Nope.

Was there a Direct?

Nope

A Sakurai interview?

Nope

Anything special to note?

Nope

What brought the hype train on Wednesday was that the Picture of the Day was late in being updated by almost two hours. This was thought of the longest that Smash fans had to wait to see the PotD.

When the Picture of the Day's were first announced, the first pic was released on June 11th at 5:16 pm Japanese Standard Time. Again, go here to learn how time works.
The 5-5:30 PM time slot was the usually time for updates but some updates, including this update was released almost around 6 pm.

July and August continued with the 5:00-5:30 PotD update with sproadic early or later updates. We didn't break that 5:00 pm time frame until around early Ocotber with this update which was updated from 4:53 pm. Afterwards, we saw updates such as 3:32 pm, 3:34 pm, 4:09 pm, 4 pm, and 3:55 pm. October started to continue the trend of releasing pictures between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm with some being revealed after 4:30 and into 5:30 pm.

This trend has continued to do this day with a few hiccups such as yesterday with 6 pm update. This left many posters confused and wondering why the update wa sso late. We all grew accustomed to the timely 3:30-4:00 pm reveal date (or depending on the time you see the pic of the day).

The MiiVerse thread exploded with with such hype that it was hard to contain it. Let's see some of the comments that this delay brought:

The hype is strong with this thread.

Yet there is a disturbance in the force.
@KingofPhantoms47

And watch, it was probably some obscure holiday in Japan this whole time.
@ Shroob Shroob

ZOMG RIDLEY

@skaaaa

In 2 minutes, this will be the SECOND LONGEST PotD ever.
@iDOWN

Ridley comes out of an assist trophy.
Sakurai "Pic of the day. Please Understand"
@KingLucasx

At this point I'm honestly thinking that Sakurai simply forgot to upload tonight....
@ZeldaMaster

Sakurai has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Sakurai?
@Delicious Tears

The only thing that'll make me mad at this point is if it's a throwaway pic.

...I haven't broken down yet...
@FalKoopa

Pic of the Day: I delayed this picture to inform you the game will be delayed. I thought that the joke might somewhat make you all hate me less.
@ Radical Bones Radical Bones

Here I sit crossing my fingers that Sakurai isn't dead.
@TrainerLITTLER

Maybe... it's the return of My Music and Sakurai is trying to figure out how to post audio files on Miiverse?
@ Jumpman84 Jumpman84

Sakurai probably just worked through lunch today, either that or he's reprogramming the camera to zoom out enough to fit Ridley.

Seriously though, I doubt there'll be anything special.
@Disfunkshunal

Am I the only one getting a bit worried?

Forreal what if he was assassinated by some Xbox fanboys or something?
@The Real Gamer

However, around the 5:30 mark, people started to become worried of Sakurai's personal health especially due to his arm injuries/problems.

Could Sakurai be sick today and therefore we wont be getting a pic of the day?
@UnownLegend

Sakurai? Let sickness stop him from working?

Considering his arms feel like they're falling off already, I doubt anything can stop him now.
@NintendoKnight

Okay, I HONESTLY hope nothing bad happened to Sakurai...
@Xaltis

I hope it's not because of Sakurai's arm injury or any corrupted/lost data. Then again, how would that stop someone else on his team from updating on his behalf and explaining the problem?
@Rebellious Treecko

Even some of the staff members took part in the discussion/carnage/chaos/party:

Y'all need to watch out. Mods will be pissed in the morning and dish out warning.

But yeah a pic of the day would be cool, and is a very on on topic thing to say.
@The Drilling Juggernaut

The mods have been participating.

Heck, an Admin is here.

If you were getting in trouble, it would have happened by now.
@Swampasaur

Mods? There are mods amongst the madness!

They have cracked. Sakurai has taken their power from them. Sakurai is no feeble man. He has unlimited power over all!
@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman

And in the darkest of times, even the mods did troll.
@ Shroob Shroob (we are users, too! :p )

And just because I found this humorous...

Aw man...

I just realized...

Reading the Week in Review is gonna be embarrassing....
@Swampasaur

So how do you guys feel after taking a look through some of these posts? The Smash 4 Staff would like to make a reminder to keep on topic while posting MiiVerse thread, avoid posting unneccesary pictures and gifs, and to tone down hype storms the best you can. Hype is alright as long as it returns to normal once the picture is revealed.

As for those wondering what was the latest we had to wait?

It was this baby
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUYnWPtw3lA

It was updated at 11:14 pm on a Monday, August 12. Almost six hours late (5:30 was the norm at the time). In fact, some of the updates were late as well such as this:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAADMUKlZAxyKRA
Updated at 10:07 PM

and this

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAADzUgNnufItsA
Updated at 7:51 PM.

So this technically was not the longest we had to wait despite the picture of the day appearing at around 3:30 or 4.

So what was this hyped-up PotD? Was it of Ridley screaming in the air, a playable Palutena, the long-awaited release date, a new stage, assist trophy, or Pokemon?

It was this:

Accompanied with the comment
"Pic of the day. Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move. This is Fox's finishing kick after his standard combo attack."
It appears that after performing a consecutive standard attacks such as the Nuetral A jab combo, the character will do a possibly more powerful finishing attack. Fox in particular is shown which is interesting considering he has a rapid kick attack that is performed after pressing A consecutievely after his combo
Left jab (2%), right hook (2%), then a flurry of kicks, or the Rapid Kick (1-2%). However, the jab combo doesn't link very well unlike Falco's combo. Has a start-up of 2 frames.
. Other notable characters that use this includes Kirby, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Falco, Link, Shiek, and others.

Does this mean that consecutive attacks are dumped for this finishing move attack? Not necesarily.

This is an image of Kirby performing the consecutive attack without the finishing move. So it is possible that the finishing move is performed after the consecutive attack or, if the A button is not pressed consecutively, the combo will simply end in the finishing attack.

Fox could still have Lightning Kick. In killer instinct, you can use an Ultra Finisher that cancels out the Ultra Combo into a big final attack that you can't follow up with. in essence, after Fox Hyakuretsukyaku, time it right for max damage at the peak of end point distance to send Samus flying forward.
@augustoflores

]I think it'll be controllable to some degree. In Mac's debut trailer, he's jabbing the crap out of numerous people before they briefly show him doing this:
Something like Pit's jab variations in Brawl, and Link's illusion stab in 64/Melee.
[/quote]
@ IsmaR IsmaR

We have only seen Fox's finishing move confirmed but it is highly likely that other characters have performed their finishing move without us knowing. However, it is currently unknown if infinite jabs are unable to be performed such as Mr. Game and Watch and Pikachu however, if you would like to discuss that, please check this thread that discusses the possibility of removing infinite jabs.

I also found this to be interesting as I was going through MiiVerse:
The “pic of the day” originally started as a fun internal update for the people developing the game - we would put up a daily shot on our own corporate website. We soon decided that we wanted to share the fun with the general public, so that’s where we are today. Please keep in mind, though, that this is just meant to be a little bonus feature - we'll continue to release other information about the game on the website.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAADMUKlYpvZihQ

Things Confirmed for Wednesday:

1) A finishing move is performed after a neutral A combo.
2) Each character receives this new attack.

Expecting Waluigi? Too Bad, Assist Trophy Time!!
2/27/14
Day #4: Thursday
Writer: TumblrFamous

As today being the Japanese anniversary of Pokemon Red and Blue, many Smashers on Smashboards, Miiverse, Gamefaqs, and even Tumblr expected today's picture to be Pokemon-related. People speculated on the Miiverse thread on what we could possibly see in the morning, whether it be a Pokemon veteran or even a new stage. Fans woke up to see Waluigi instead. Hailing from the Mario Universe, Waluigi returns to Smash as the sixth confirmed Assist Trophy!! Of the six, he, Starfy, and Nintendogs are so far the only returning Assist Trophies from Brawl.

Waluigi appears nonetheless circa 2008!

Waluigi's Assist Trophy was introduced in Brawl on the website in 2007. His attacks included stomping players into the ground with a menacing foot and dealing a final blow: one mighty kick or a nicely-served smack with his Tennis Racket. Mario fanatics would get the reference, as Mario Tennis is where Waluigi debuted as Wario's Tennis partner. So it seems he is still holding on to that Tennis Racket!

Sakurai commented on the new picture, saying:
Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.
Wow. If that wasn't a slap in the face to Waluigi fans I don't know what is. What a sting! So, how did the members of Miiverse, Smashboards, and Gamefaqs take this?

People are going to get pissed lol
Fluffy from Miiverse

Good job Sakurai
4E from Miiverse

no... no yeah will be givin... NEVER AGAIN!!!
Daniel from Miiverse

Miiverse was rather tame, having generally positive reactions with an occasional angry post. Waluigi was one of the most popular contestants for a Mario newcomers, though most Smashers agreed that, with the five we already have, we probably wouldn't get any more. What is surprising that there was no backlash against Rosalina to Waluigi's deconfirmation, as it would be wise to assume people would lash out at Rosalina for "stealing" Waluigi's slot.

Smashboards was generally very positive with Waluigi's return as an Assist Trophy. While the general consensus was that Sakurai's comment was rather stinging, members on Smashboards seemed very calm with Waluigi's deconfirmation. Even supportive of Waluigi fans!

Well that comment's rather cold...
@Arcanir

Knew it was going to happen eventually.
@GoldenYuiitusin

Now, here's BKupa666's comment to flow nicely into my next topic.
GameFAQs is about to lose its collective s***. Waluigi is one of the characters around whom many of its posters make "gimmick" accounts for spamming topics about the character on a daily basis.

Get your popcorn, everyone.
Gamefaqs had a few topics that were rather... off-putting to say the least. Don't believe me? Look at Sakurai made my little brother cry and As a girl gamer, i'm disappointed with Waluigi's deconfirmation. Now aren't they nice and non-dramatized? Lovely Gamefaqs, lovely.

Regardless, many people expected Waluigi to return to Smash as an Assist Trophy. So what is he going to do this time around? Judging by the picture, he will most likely retain what he did in Sm4sh's predecessor... tennis and stomping... let's see what Smashers have to say about any updates for our purple friend! (not Ridley...)

his model looks really nice same and the animations look like they're gonna look as wacky as ever
@Sonicguy726

However, what new things Waluigi could potentially bring to the table is being overshadowed, as there is some speculation by the Miiverse thread on Smashboards. We have seen Ashley and Waluigi as Assist Trophies now, who are both closely tied to Wario. This is leading people to believe Wario is coming up very soon. This speculation over a possible Friday reveal has manifested itself into speculation on a substantial picture on Friday.

I'm hoping this hints toward Wario being revealed tomorrow.
@andalsoandy

The only thing that hasn't been shown this month is a new stage so could that be the big thing that ends up closing off this month? New stage or random veteran; that's my call for tonight.
@Fatmanonice

Here's hoping for a new stage to finish this week - and month - off. Yikes, it's March in just a couple of days and the waiting for character reveals begins again (as if it ended at some point...)
@Staarih

Anyway, it's all speculation. Here's what we can conclude fully with today's picture!

1.) Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy!!
2.) Sakurai is sadistic when it comes to deconfirming characters.

Y No WIFI?!
02/28/14
Day #5

It was revealed on Thursday that starting on May 20th, Nintendo has announced they will terminate the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. Follow this link to read more details. This is extended to the Wii and the Nintendo DS and will affect games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, the Pokemon titles, WiiWare, and many others. The full list is here. This mean that Nintendo will no longer be offering Wii-Fi services to games that have wi-fi capabilities thus rendering playing them online useless.

What are fans saying about this?

why Nintendo .-.
@thebaum64

I personally see this as Nintendo telling consumers they should get a Wii U and not treat it as some sort of upgrade.
@BigAxle

This is so sudden and i just joined this site not to long ago well i guess i better make the best of it while i can
@ShaDoW4408

Make a pet tia ion and threaten to not buy Smash4.

I'm also not going to buy Smash4.
@GYK

Aw...
On my birthday too... :crying:
Such a great part of my early life I must say. Mario Kart racing online was a blast, really.
@Louie G.

this is why local play is important.
@Ndayday

Yeah, but no one expected it to be this soon. Most people thought it would be at least a few months after Smash 4 was released.

Personally I was shocked to hear this news.
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Well hey, at least Nintendo cared enough to support online services for two years past the Wii and DS lifespan unlike how they just dropped support for them. Understandably though, the transition to the Wii U and to a lesser extent, 3DS, is much more needed. Here's to the Nintendo Network!

Might as well play a few sessions of online Mario Kart Wii for one last time. And **** online Brawl.
@Captain Hotcakes

I play project m online almost every day...I hope smash 4 turns out good and i hope they bring the wave dash back!!
@Mattchu

Sadly, this will affect many people who plays mostly online such as myself as no one in my area really plays Smash or enjoys the game and, those who do, lives farther away. Plus, with my busy schedule, I am unable to make trips out to those who do play it (and..well..many of them are in the States. Buying a $2,000 plane ticket to play Smash is ridiculous.) However, as Captain Hotcakes and BigAxle mentioned, Nintendo is possibly doing this in order to transition into the Wii U.

To get in your last few months of Smashing, head over to the Arena or to discuss this, head over to the main page's article by @Smashboards or the NintenZone thread

Working Hard Powering Smash
02/28/14
Day #5

Friday revealed the second Pokeball Pokemon and the first to be actually confirmed as one from the 6th Generation. The Attenae Pokemon, Dedenne appears in Smash; electrifying anyone who dare crosses it. Few like resist those cute looks and electric personality.

D'awwwe. Oh well, at least he's in the game.
@Shortiecanbrawl

Sweet! Dedenne is my favorite Pikaclone, so I'm glad to see him in a Pokeball. He looks to be pretty powerful as well.
@Headcrab Jackalope

Ironic that the worst fully evolved Pokémon of Gen 6 seems to be powerful here.
@GoldenYuiitusin

Dedenne is literally the single worst new gen 6 Pokemon; it's kinda sad that it's a Poke Ball over literally any other one since they're all better than it (both competitively and design wise really). I guess it's not too big of a deal, and for now we sure seem to be getting a lot of these helper characters out of the way which is okay in my book because, while some people get really excited by them, I just can't see them as that big of a feature since they're just single possible outcomes of two items.
@Amazing Ampharos

No surprise that Dedenne is a pokeball pokemon. The anime is really trying to push how cute he is.
@Forcerounds

I hate the Pikachu clones, and Dedenne is one of the worst of its kind. Either way, he looks like a useful Pokéball Pokémon, so who cares. Also, the flavor text is a nice little nod to yesterday's update.
@Wariofan1

In case you did not read the caption
Sakurai said:
"Pic of the day. Dedenne's hard at work too."
Which reflects Thursday's caption concerning Waluigi

"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."
As you read earlier, many were pretty saddened by Waluigi's being snubbed; especially from Sakurai's "you're not trying hard enough" comment. Many felt it a slap in the face. But literally, what fans does Dedenne actually have?

Anyways, for those unfamiliar with the Pokemon X and Y games, who is this electric rodent and why should you care> Dedenne is a dual Electric and Fairy type Pokemon. It is aroun 8 inches tall but seeing as how it is almost half the size of Marth, scaling is obviously not a issue as Sakurai stated. It PokeDex entries for X reads:

Its whiskers serve as antennas. By sending and receiving electrical waves, it can communicate with others over vast distances.
While Y reads

It uses its tail to absorb electricity from power plants or from outlets in houses, and then it fires the electricity from its whiskers.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dedenne_(Pokémon)

However, this does not really help us speculate what move this is.

I assume that's......Parabolic Charge? Not really sure what move that's supposed to be.
@ Shroob Shroob

Parabolic Charge is an Electric-type move that does damage and restores the user's HP equal to hallf the damage dealt and and can be learned by Dedenne.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Parabolic_Charge_(move)

While this is from the Pokemon anime, I think this clearly depicts Parabolic Charge; especially by the fact that is damages everyone around the Pokemon.

If this attack is indeed Parabolic Charge, is it possible that it will heal the user of the Pokeball equal to the damage dealth. If that is the case, it is possible this could be either a fairly weak Pokemon or a very strong Pokemon; depending on how much damage the lightning bolt does. It is strong enough to stun Marth in the picture and electrocute him. I would think to maximize this effect, this attack juggles or hitstuns characters rather than focusing on killing the opponents.

It is also interesting to note that Dedenne is the first Electric-type rodent to appear as a Pokeball. While Pikachu and Pichu were above playable, Plusle and Minun (Ruby and Saphire - Gen III), Pachirisu (Diamond and Pearl - Gen IV), and Emonga (Black and White - Gen V) have yet to appear in a Super Smash Bros. game thus making it the first. As well, if the Xerneas update proves to be true and Jigglypuff returns as a playable character, this will be three so far-possible Fairy-type Pokemon in Super Smash Bros. I am not sure what this holds but we could see a focus on the new Fairy-type for Smash 4.

Things confirmed for Friday
1. Dedenne confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon.

Overview
After a rather eventful past few weeks, this week was rather tame besides the long delay on Thursday. We recieved the obligatory Monday update concerning a recently revealed newcomer/bveteran...int his case Diddy Kong who was revealed last week. We also got some new information regarding the Ring from Punch-Out!!, a new mechanic in the finishing move, and the return of Waluigi as an Assist Trophy and the revealing of Dedenne as a PokeBall Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Week in Review Interview

With the original Smash 4 moderators interviewed, I wanted to focus the ring-leader of them. Their :bowser: Their :ganondorf:, Their :dedede:. Their :pt:. Their....well...you get the idea. Today's interview from none other than....

@Xiivi

1) How long have you been a member on Smashboards? How long have you been part of the staff on Smashboards?

Date joining the site: 08.31.06
Date becoming a mod: 12.21.08
Date becoming an admin: 08.11.10
2) What is your favorite part of the job? What is your least favorite part?

Favourite: Interacting with fellow staff members and seeing how many people do care about the site and the smash communities in general.

Unfavourable: Trying to keep up with everything that goes on.
3) Has Smashboards improved since you first joined?
It has improved rapidly since @AlphaZealot became owner.
4) Any juicy secrets/inside intel/leaks that you are willing to share with Smashboards?

There are less juicy secrets/inside intel than you'd think. As for Smash 4 leaks: Sakurai flipped a coin and called heads for Ridley and tails for Duck Hunt Dog. The coin landed on either heads, tails, or perfectly on its edge. Whether Sakurai would include both characters or neither character in the event of an edge landing is unknown. @sephirothken knows what the coin landed on but won't tell.
5) Will you be getting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or 3DS?

Yes; both.
6) Counting Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, who is your favorite character in the entire franchise?

Fox and Marth are total ballers.
7) When was the first time you played a Smash game? Can you recall your feelings or what you were doing at the time?
I first played SSB64 when I was a little kid at a cousin's house. We all played Pikachu and spammed thunder nonstop and loved it.
8) What stages would you like to see included in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS? Past stages included?

All of the competitive Project: M stages please. Pokefloats and Termina Bay would be awesome too. As for a new stage, something nice and basic and from Golden Sun would be nice.
9) What would you like to see improved or expanded from Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Any and all competitive aspects.
How many tournaments have you been to?

Quite a lot, was very active between 2006-2009 and then more sporadic past that.
10) What was your most favorite Smash Bros. moment?

Pretty much all of the tournament experiences. FC: Diamond was the first non-local I went to, and it was absolutely amazing.
11) Where did your username come from?

I wanted a short username without numbers/symbols that wasn't all consonants and was also meaningless. And this was available on AOL Instant Messenger back in the days where it actually mattered.
12) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Europe is fine by me.
13) Without any outside factors hindering you, what would be your dream job?

Without any hindrances it'd be fun to just bounce between various jobs from year to year: President one year, Super Bowl winning qb the next year, famous guitar player the next year, Oscar-winning actor next year, Nobel-prize winning scientist the next year, lazy IT guy who pretends to be working while browsing facebook the next year, etc...
14) Please tell us one thing about yourself that we may not know?

My favourite band/movie/tv show all include "Park" in their names.
Band: Linkin Park
Movie: Jurassic Park
TV Show: South Park

My favourite book/video game/etc... don't though. Which I assume means that eventually a book/video game/etc... with "Park" in its name will come out and will end up being my favourite.

What is your favorite "Linkin Park" song?

By album:
Hybrid Theory: Runaway
Meteora: Breaking The Habit
Minutes To Midnight: Bleed It Out
A Thousand Suns: The Catalyst
Living Things: In My Remains
What is your your favorite dinosaur?

T-Rex obvobv
Who is your favorite South Park character?

The main four are all good.

Lastly, could you please let us know how you think this past week went? Was it a good or bad week for Super Smash Bros. speculation? What was your favorite and least favorite update? What in particular stood out this week? If you could, please let us know why you answered the way you did.

It went decently enough, a week mostly filling in time after the reveals from the last two weeks. Every week is a good week for speculation...until everything is confirmed. I liked the updates without Diddy best. I disliked the updates with Diddy most. A new mechanic in jabs is nice, hopefully it's implemented well and helps competitive play. I don't like Diddy hence why I answered that way! I haven't seen the Friday update; but I'm not banking on it being too exciting. Of course Sakurai is Sakurai and could Sakurai us all. (laughs)

Known as one of the most important members concerning the Smash 4 boards but he is not soley restricted to those boards but he is rfather instrumental within Smashboards as a whole. He makes sure the boards are running, the users are happy, and the staff is doing their jobs. He does a lot of work within the shadows and puts in a lot of hours to make sure the Smashboards continues to be the leading fansite and message board dedicated to Super Smash Bros. on the internet. Some may find talking to Xiivi imposing but because he has an angry personality but his position might rather be imposing. So incase you are scared in your boots to have a conversation with Xiivi (which I assure you...he's a nice guy), I hope this interview gives a little insight into his character, what he does here exactly on Smashboards, and a little bit about his secretive life. Thank you for the interview Xiivi!

Again, thank you for the interview, Xiivi. You truly have put a lot of work into the Smash 4 boards as well as Smashboards as a whole. As a moderator, it has truly been great working with you. Now, I would like to take a small break from interviewing moderators and would like to interview some of the users that frequent this site. Moderators were once users too so, for now, I'd like to shine some light on some notable users!. I wonder who will be picked?! Could it be you?!​
[/CENTER]​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mega Man Character Analysis!
Author: @---

Stats:
All are based on the Vs. Mario video and Developer Direct, and are compared to Mario himself (who tends to be the most basic character in the series)

Walking Speed – Average

Running Speed – Average

Falling Speed – Above Average (Fast Faller)

Air Speed – Under Average (Poor Mobility)

Potential Final Smashes: As the only attack of his that has yet to be revealed, here is a small list of potential Final Smashes, in what I would think, are the most likely to least.

Super Rush Adaptor – MM7

A weapon that could be obtained by finding all the R.U.S.H. plates hidden in MM7’s stages, is a mix of the Power and Jet Adaptors from MM6. It’s Mega Man and Rush the Dog combined! When equipped, while he loses the ability to slide, Mega Man gains a double jump and his charge shot becomes a powerful boomerang fist attack, that when fully upgraded, can home in on enemies, killing most in a single hit.

Seeing as Sakurai’s team is keeping Mega Man as close to his original self as is possible, and that Rush already serves as another attack, this is most likely Final Smash for Mega Man.

It’s tough to say what this could do, as there are many ways to go about it. In this author’s opinion, similar to Yoshi’s Super Dragon, this would leave Mega Man with access to only his Mega Buster that when charged up would turn into a powerful homing fist with large knockback. In addition, this would give Mega Man a 3rd jump as well as temporary Super Armor. Lasting 12-15 seconds sounds somewhat fair looking at other transformation based Final Smashes.

Hyper Mega Man – Marvel Vs. Capcom

Serving as one of Mega Man’s Hyper Combos, he fuses with Rush, Eddie, and Beat to create a much larger and intimidating version of himself. Here Mega Man launches a powerful beam attack mixed in with projectiles shaped like his friends.

Seeing as Sakurai referenced Marvel Vs. Capcom in the Developer Direct, this is a real possibility. However, negative fan reactions to Mega Man’s MvC moveset and that Sakurai’s team agreeing that Mega Man should be kept close to his original games as possible means that this isn’t as likely. Other than that, it would serve as a basic Beam Final Smash similar to Mario Finale and Zero Laser.

Astro Crush – Astro Man, MM8

A popular choice for a potential Hyper Combo from Pre-MvC3, from fans who hoped for a moveset revamp for Capcom’s Mascot. Hailing from MM8, Mega Man is able to summon a large group of meteors to clear a screen of enemies.

While it would keep him close to his original in-game self, seeing as this is a direct copy of both Ness and Lucas’s PK Starstorm attacks, this isn’t too likely to happen.

Mega_Help!.jpg

Support Robots – Mega Man Series (MM3/MM4/MM5/MMV/MM8)

For those unfamiliar with the Mega Man series, in addition to Rush the Dog, Mega Man has several friends to act as back up: Eddie, Beat the Bird, and Tango the Cat.

As shown in Tengu Man’s stage in MM8, Mega Man could summon them for backup similar to Pit’s Palutena’s Army attack. Rush could provide extra mobility, Eddie could drop extra items to use, Beat could home in on opponents, and Tango could spin dash into them as well. Auto could even make an appearance and use his missile launcher.

Considering the amount of work this would most likely ask of Sakurai’s team, as well as it’s arguably a bit out there, this is probably the least likely of his potential Final Smashes.

Taunts:
Down Taunt – As shown in Vs. Mario, Mega Man pounds the ground creating a blue light similar to his in-game and Smash On-Screen-Appearance.

Up Taunt – Could take off his helmet and flaunt his hair similar to MM2’s intro.

Side Taunt – As in MvC, Mega Man could make faces at other opponents

I'll be back on final week to discuss Mega Man's potential match ups, and give a final summary of his strengths and weaknesses. Be sure to check out Mega Man Wiki if you have any additional questions about the series as a whole.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Stage Analysis: Battlefield
Author: @Frostwraith

As you already know, starting with the 6th issue, the Week in Review has now a dedicated spot for the stages featured in the new Super Smash Bros. games. Although many stages are themed after many of the Nintendo games, there are also those that are completely original to Smash, one of them is none other than Battlefield.

Battlefield is a Smash Bros. classic, having been featured in all games so far. First appearing unnamed in the N64 game, the stage's defining characteristic is its simple composition of a big platform and three smaller ones arranged in a triangle shape. The bigger platform has edges that can be grabbed and cannot be jumped through from below, whereas the three smaller ones can. Simplicity is what could be considered the keyword for this stage, but don't let it fool you, as there are many strategies that can be worked on.

History
The stage first appears as an unnamed, single player only stage on the N64 game, where the player faced the Fighting Polygon Team in battle. Starting in Melee, players could challenge similar fighting teams on this stage on the Multi-Man mode under the Stadium mode.

Behold the first incarnation of the stage. Its design is simple, the platforms appearing to be made of rock and the background is what it looks like colored fire. It had a quite surreal and mysterious appearence that fits well with the equally mysterious Fighting Polygons. Though unnamed in the game, it's referred to as "デュエルゾーン" (Duel Zone) by director Masahiro Sakurai on the official website of the game.

Two years later, the stage returns with a new design and makes its multiplayer playable debut as an unlockable stage. You could unlock this stage by clearing All-Star mode for the first time. This similar stage to the Polygon one from N64 is now given the name of Battlefield in the English translation (戦場 Senjō in the Japanese version) and features a more futuristic design on the platforms as well as a new, fully animated, space background that changes randomly into flame designs reminiscent of the Smash 64 version. Curiously, this stage featured a different background the Classic, Adventure and All-Star modes as well as certain Event Matches, featuring a rainbow-ish design while keeping some elements from the normal one. The reason for this is unknown, but it's still an interesting detail. Curiously, the icon on the stage select screen actually features this background.

The Melee incarnation of the stage was also notoriously infamous for its glitchy edges, but otherwise, retained its premise as a simple stage.

Fast forwarding to 2006, the first Brawl trailer featured a new stage resembling Battlefield, keeping the same layout. However, it sported a completely different design, dropping the futuristic and slightly surreal design of the Melee version in favor of a more natural and ancient feel, featuring a large canyon on the background and the main platform having trees and ruins. Some speculated this would be a Kid Icarus stage thanks to the new elements, mainly the ruined pillars and the fact the stage was high up in the sky. With the launch of the new Dojo in 2007, Sakurai confirmed this stage to be Battlefield, retaining the same nomenclature from Melee for all versions. On the Dojo post, Sakurai noted that the stage would have a day and night cycle as the game progressed. With the release of Brawl, players got to know that Battlefield was no longer a secret stage, being available to play at the beginning.

Thanks to the My Music feature, players could select five different songs for this stage, two of them being remixes of the main theme, one being a remix of the Menu theme from Melee and the two tracks that originally played on Battlefield in Melee.

New game, new Battlefield
E3 2013 was an important moment for the Smash community, as the trailer for the 4th game was shown and we got see footage of the game for the first time. Just like Brawl's reveal on E3 2006, the first stage shown was none other than Battlefield, coming with two new designs, one for each version of the game.

The designs seem to follow the same footsteps as the Brawl one, having an ancient feel to it, with the stage floating on the sky. Like the Brawl version, the stage has a day and night cycle. This stage also holds the honor of being the setting for the first match ever seen of the game, where director Masahiro Sakurai played as Mega Man.

The Wii U version is one of my favorite stages of the new game, thanks to its elaborate design. Though the Wii U isn't as powerful as the competing consoles PS4 and Xbox One, the stage looks beautiful and the lighting effects are realistic and serve as a good demonstration of the console's graphic capabilities.

Although similar, the Wii U version seems to focus more on the ruins theme, while the 3DS version focuses more on the natural theme. The Wii U version's background features several floating islands with ruins, while the 3DS version has several cliffs popping out of the clouds below, also having floating islands with vegetation.

On this screenshot, you can see Samus on one of the platforms, as you can notice in the background, there's a ruined colosseum and two standards bearing the Smash Bros. emblem. They are blown by the wind, which gives the stage a livelier feel and is also a nice touch, considering this is a Smash original stage. The colosseum's design appears to be inspired by European architecture, specifically Gothic architecture. This adds to the ancient atmosphere of the stage.

The Battlefield at night, taking on a darker color scheme and the character's lighting changes as well, looking like they're being illuminated by the moonlight. Compared to Brawl, the lighting differences are more accentuated, which is a step forward from the previous version. The ruins seem to generate their own light, an effect more noticeable at night. On the center of the background, there's this strange giant moon, always present on the stage, even during the day. Nice details that give the stage a more mysterious feel, as well as being reminiscent of the futuristic looking Battlefield from Melee.

The sun sets from behind the colosseum. The fact you can see the sun's rays coming from the holes shows how much attention to detail Sakurai and his team had when designing the stage. As with the nighttime screenshot above, the lighting effects are more noticeable than Brawl's.

A close-up of Marth on the Battlefield, notice the two small leaves behind him. On the Developer Direct, you can see leaves being blown by the wind during the Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer's moves demonstration. Once again, Sakurai and his team's attention to detail shows up.

That covers the Wii U version of the stage. Moving on to the 3DS version...

Being on a less powerful console, the 3DS version of the stage is not as detailed as the Wii U version. You can see several cliffs on the background of the stage, as well as floating islands. Trees can be seen on the main platform of the stage and you can see small waterfalls on it too.

Like the Wii U counterpart, the stage goes through a day and night cycle, as you can see from the screenshots below.

It's impressive how the stage manages to be detailed on par with the Brawl version.

Lastly, this image caught my attention:

Seems there will be weather effects on the 3DS version, at least. An interesting addition that, when combined with the day and night cycle, makes the stage more dynamic and lively.

Music
The Soundtrack Contest ran by @Swampasaur has the contestants to choose a song list for each stage. The judges, one of them being me, evaluate the choices in for categories: importance, popularity, variety and fit.

The winner for this stage was @Captain Hotcakes, who provided this list:

Name: "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS Main Theme"
Universe: Super Smash Bros.
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (Wii U / 3DS, 2014)
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncXk1YjhzKE

Name: Menu (Super Smash Bros Melee) (Brawl)
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee (2001) / Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii, 2008)
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5mqac2HbWQ

Name: Multi-Man Melee 1
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee (NGC, 2001)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W9OBTfioHI

Name: Target Test
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee (NGC, 2001)
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2EOuzWSDE8

Name: Menu 1 (Super Smash Bros Brawl)
Universe: Super Smash Bros
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii, 2008)
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nur18hoGH3E

Name: Tabuu
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utOa8ZMKwSA

Name: Boss Battle 1
Universe: Super Smash Bros
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FXggG9MeBg

Name: Meta Crystal (Metal Mario Theme)
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros (N64, 1999)
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zDNKKZY1WI

The judges' comments can be seen here.

It should be mentioned that the Brawl version of Melee's Menu theme played on this stage during the Developer Direct.

Tournaments
Like its predecessors, this stage has no obstacles and shares the same layout. Though sporting different designs on the two versions, it appears the development team was careful enough to have the main platform keep the same shape. That way, unless there are differences on the physics engine, the same strategies will work regardless of the version being played.
Needless to say, it's likely that this stage will be among the most played during tournaments, just like Melee and Brawl. The simple layout and lack of obstacles make this stage accessible and enjoyable for all players.

Conclusion
For a simple and original stage, Battlefield has a very detailed design that shows the passion the developers have in designing the game. The leaves and banners being blown by the wind on the Wii U version, the changing lighting effects, the detailed backgrounds are a good demonstration of how much work goes on making this game as appealing as possible.
What do you like best about this stage? Are you looking forward to play on it? Don't hesitate in sharing your thoughts!

Thanks
Lastly, I would like to thank:
- @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom for starting the Week in Review series,
- @Swampasaur for creating the Soundtrack Contest,
- The Smash Bros. Miiverse fan site that archives all screenshots of the game,
- The Smash Bros. Wiki for being a useful source of information about the Smash Bros. series,
- Masahiro Sakurai for creating an amazing game series,
- And you, the reader, for taking your time to read this article.

And that's all. Hope you enjoyed reading this!​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thread of the Week!
Author: @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

In addition with adding the Stage Analysis, I will also be adding a weekly addition to the WiR. This is titled the "Thread of the Week". It will highlight some of the notable threads that have sprung up around the Smash 4 forums as well as, periodically, threads found in other parts of Smashboards. How I choose these threads are based on several factors:

1) Popularity: Is it a popular thread that stands the test of time?
2) Relevant: How relevant is it? Is it applicable to Smash 4 and relevant to the week?
3) Potential: Does it have potential to be a great thread? Will being featured in tWiR bring more attention and members to it?
4) Importance to Smashboards: Does it has an positive influence/impact on the forums? Does it contribute to discussion?

This weeks "Thread of the Week" is:

"The Rumor and Leak Thread"
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/

Creator: @N3ON

The Rumors and leaks Thread...the Bradjelina of Smashboards....

The Rumors and Leaks Thread arose from the need to create a hub for people to discuss and speculate on the latest rumors and leaks surrounding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Created on July 20th, 2013, the thread has accumulated over 18,605 replies and 727,553 views as of February 25th, 2014. Quite impressive considering it is only 6 months old. Inside the thread, users speculate on the latest leaks and rumors that have surfaced on sites such as 4chan. Gamefaqs, Neogaf, Reddit. and Neoseeker. These rumors and leaks are brought to the thread and then included into the OP.

The OP uses a color coding system that follows

GREEN - Confirmed true
RED - Confirmed fake
YELLOW - Special cases
DEFAULT - Pending confirmation
Green means that the leak or rumor has been confirmed true via MiiVerse, the main website, or from Sakurai himself such as an interview. One example would be Little Mac being confirmed as a newcomer. This usually bodes well for the leak/rumor creator and increases his/her credibility or it can be considered a lucky guess. Some of the confirmed leaks/rumors can be attributed to educated guesses or shoe-in possibilities such as Diddy being revealed.

Red means that the leak or rumor is confirmed to be fake and disproven via confirmation on MiiVerse, the main website, or from Sakurai himself such as an interview. One example would be that Ashley was leaked to be a newcomer but ended up being revealed as an assist Trophy. This usually bodes bad for the leak/rumor creator and ruins, if not destroys, his or her credibility.

Yellow means a special case and it can't be proven therefore is up in the air for speculation. It is possible that this type of leak may never be confirmed true or not and usually concerns "development decisions". Examples include "Sakurai and his team decided to do x instead of y."

DEFAULT does not fall into any such category and is of course pending confirmation or deconfirmation. Examples include "Mario Party will be a stage." or "Ridley will be playable." These are the most abundant.

The OP has each leak under one of two categories:
Live Leaks and Dead Leaks.

While pretty self explanatory, the Live Leaks lists leaks that haven't been proven false while Dead Leaks are ones that have been proven false. However, what constitutes a Live from a Dead Leak?

As I mentioned before, a leak that is red is classified as deconfirmed so any Live leak that receives a red leak is considered dead. However, some leaks, while considered dead, may not necessarily be dead.

• Adventure mode is very similar to Melee
  • Mii is playable
  • Mii's moveset is customizable, including different movesets, costumes and taunts, some of which are unlockable
  • Miis can be saved to individual slots and shared among systems
  • Stage builder has been greatly expanded upon and features an online component
  • There will be Smash AR cards which unlock new content in-game
  • August 2014 is the target release date on both platforms
  • Leaker believes Miis can be disabled (not specific)
  • An invisible meter fills when you take or give damage, once Burst! flashes across a character's HUD you can press A+B to send a shockwave out, knocking other characters back
  • Little Mac is an Assist Trophy
  • Shulk is an Assist Trophy
  • Rosalina is an Assist Trophy

This is an example of a dead leak. There isn't any confirmation (green) listed here. However, the glaringly deconfirmed leak is that little Mac and Rosalina would both be included as an Assist Trophy. We all know this to be false since they were both confirmed to be playable after this leak.

However, this is an example that I personally think is a not-so-dead leak and one that many people argue about:
To be shown at E3 2013:
  • "Animal Crossing Guy" (Villager)
  • Little Mac
  • Mega Man
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Obviously, many people do believe this leak to be fake since Little Mac, pac-Man, and Mii were not revealed alongside Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and the Villager. You can view this leaks thread here
http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...along-little-mac-pac-man-and-the-miis.337304/

Many felt that Little Mac's reveal helped out this leak or possibly hurt it...
If Little Mac's reveal helps this rumor's credentials, than the incorrect prediction that Mac, Pac-Man and Mii were to be revealed at E3 should have killed this rumor stone-cold a long time ago.

Mac's reveal does nothing for this rumor. This rumor endures solely on the merits of the WFT prediction. Megaman, Mii, Mac, Pac-Man, and even "Animal Crossing guy" were/are all very obvious guesses for inclusion in SSB4.
@TheTuninator

IIRC, the rumor never was "All would be shown at E3" - or even it could have been all were planned to show but changed. Welcome to how marketing works.

I think the leak is still looking good, but I don't think it's 100%. We have Mii and Pac-Man left to go, don't we? Those two, especially Pac, were at high-footing once the game started anyways. We just didn't want to admit that they were.
@thethirdkoopa

However, I am focusing on the Rumor and Leak thread in this Thread of the Week. Despite appearing in the Dead Leaks, I do believe that some deadleaks do have the potential to be revived in the Live Leaks or even become a confirmed leak. Time will tell, especially with the E3 leak.

As I said before, the OP is organized into the Live and Dead Leaks. Each leak has a full explanation of what the leak describes as well as the source of the leak. Some are provided with actual links to the source material.

Now, what goes on within the Rumors and Leaks. Generally, users come forward with a potential leak such as this one:

Hi everybody. I don't like being the guy that everyone hates on for trolling, but I'm here to bring you information I have recently received from my older brother, who play tests at various companies. He recently play tested Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, and told me the following. Although I would not fully believe everything I'm about to leak, keep these in mind as following information of Smash Bros is revealed. In the event that my brother was just f**king with me, I am deeply sorry.

He confirmed that the following characters from Brawl are cut:
-Wolf
-Snake
-ROB
-Ike
-Kanto Trainer

The following (as of now) unrevealed veterans are in the game:
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Meta Knight
-Ness
-Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game and Watch

And for everyone's favorite part, the newcomers:
-As previously confirmed, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are all playable.
-Lady Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising is in the game, and from what he says is a great character.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra are playable. Toon Zelda is pretty much a carbon copy of Zelda, Tetra has very basic moves.
-Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are playable. Waluigi's moves are based on the sports games, while Bowser Jr.'s seem more coming from Mario Sunshine. Bowser Jr.'s final smash has him turn into Shadow Mario, a la Zero Suit Samus.
-Professor E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion is playable. His moves involve the Poltergust, and other various items from Dark Moon.
-Kanto Trainer is replaced with May from Pokemon Emerald, clad in the special green clothing. Her team is Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.
-Mewtwo returns, and his Final Smash involves Mega Evolution, although it is random whether he becomes Mega Mewtwo X or Y.
-Zoroark is brand-new, and has a move set that differs from Lucario and Mewtwo. His dashing puts him on all fours, which is really interesting. His Final Smash swaps the players except for him, which becomes extremely confusing for everyone.
-The Mii is playable. Its moves are customizable, which means it can have Mario's Fireball and Jigglypuff's Sing or whatever you'd like. Its default moves are based off of the "Wii Sports" games.
-Takamaru is in the game, and uses many sword-based moves. My brother's not too familiar with his series, so he didn't talk much about him.
-Thanks to the petition, Reggie is added to the game, although he is not finalized yet, and he is only in beta. His attacks seem to use Nintendo accessories, such as the Zapper and the Wiimote and Nunchuck. His graphics are apparently very cartoony, not too hyper-realistic.
-Warioware, Metroid, Yoshi, Earthbound, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, and Sonic receive no new characters.
-Pac-Man is playable. His moves are very…modern, and his Final Smash turns all the characters blue and makes him into his "original" form.
That's all my brother knows about characters. For other things…

-Similar to Star Fox and the previous Metal Gear Solid, you can communicate with gods and other characters of the Kid Icarus universe on Kid Icarus stages during battle. The banter is apparently funny and includes all of the actors from Uprising.
-Adventure Mode is similar to Melee, though the bosses vary based on what series/character you play as. For example, DK fights King K. Rool, Luigi and E.Gadd fight King Boo, Mario fights Giga Bowser, etc.
-There is a Kid Icarus stage on both consoles. The Wii U version is Palutena's Temple, while the 3DS version is based off of the "Viridi, Goddess of Nature" chapter.
-Pokemon Stadium 3 is on the Wii U version. It includes a forest that features Fairy-types and Grass-types, as well as a mountain that includes Heliolisk and Noivern, and some stage that includes Ferrothorn. The 3DS Pokemon stage is Lumiose City, with appearances by Diggersby, Furfrou, and others.
-Pokemon that appear from Pokeballs include Xerneas, Hawlucha, Gliscor, and Avalugg.

That is all my brother has given me. Hope you guys enjoy.
@PITe

The general consensus was this was a fake leak based on several common factors:
1) Low post count of the individual
2) Long self explanations and back story to prove a point
3) "My [relative]" excuse

I think @ Substitution Substitution summed it up best with
Fake.
How do I know? Well you see my roommate is Sakurai and...
Most of the deconfirmed leaks usually consist of some sort of explanation or that the poster has some connection with Sakurai or Nintendo that furthers his excuse.

So how can we tell a false leak from a true leak. Much like the Palutena leak, images are a huge part but, of course, images can be falsified as well. Video is of course the biggest proof that the leak is real and, oddly enough, video leaks are surprisingly rare since they are harder to pull off and make real OR they are harder to steal from the company.

One example of a 100% true leak would be a confirmation reveal video but we know that (might) never happen.

So leaks are brought into the Rumor and Leak thread and then gone through a (varying) judging process to see if the leak is true or not. Several pages can be dedciated to a certain leak while the Palutena leak can continue even weeks after appearing. Members then debate whether the leak is true or not; using forensic programs to try to find out if an image is doctored or play detective and try to dig up some dirt on the leaker. In some cases, as mentioned above, the leak is outrought considered false.

You know how I've occasionally brought up the possibility of not dismissing leaks immediately unless they're objectively unbelievable? Five Mario newcomers plus Reggie is about as objectively unbelievable as you can get.
@BKupa666

Obviously, some leaks are more unbelievable than others but there are some tall-tell signs to find out whether a leak is false or not. This is what this thread was designed for: to create a space for speculators to discuss potential leaks and rumors.

This is also a reminder for members to not create their own leaks and to post them on Smashboards and other gaming sites. As well, discussion on the right way to make leaks is also forbidden on the Rumor and Leak thread.

With that being said, much of the rumors and leak discussion occurs within its murky domain and the true sleuths and detectives of the Smash scene call this thread their home.

Check back next week for a new page in "Thread of the Week"!​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I want YOU to Vote: Results

The results are in! This weeks poll "What did you think about the Little Mac reveal?" drew in 70 voters which is quite something given that this was the first inclusion of the I want YOU to Vote! Thank you everyone for taking the time to vote and let your voice be known!

Here is how the votes stacked up:

It was amazing! He was my most wanted character! My life is complete!
Votes: 8

I was very excited! i can't wait to main him.
Votes: 22

It was good but he wasn't a character I really wanted. I am excited to see him though.
Votes: 29

It was ok. I don't think much either way.
Votes: 5

I was fairly disappointed. I think it's a waste of a roster slot that could be used for more unique characters.
Votes: 2

I hated his reveal. I don't understand why people like Little Mac. He is a waste of a character.
Votes: 3

No Comment.
Votes: 1

Going from the results, it appears that the second and third options garnered the most amount of votes with 72% of the overall votes. The first options represented around 11% of the votes, the fourth option represented 7.1% of the votes, the fifth option represented around 2.8%, the sixth option represented 4.2%, and the final option represented only 1.4% (my math might be off so feel free to correct me).

Going on from that, it is easy to see that the majority of the Smashboards community is excited to see Little Mac make his appearance and was split between option 2 and option 3. That is to say one group was excited to see the character and mildy supported him while the other side may not of supported him but still happy to see his inclusion. A smaller number was really excited to see his inclusion and was their most wanted character and then even a smaller number either apathetic, disappointed with his reveal, and even hated it. I found it interesting that more people hated it then felt disappointed by it.

While this does not poll all of Smashboards and only takes into account of those that view the WiR, I would venture to say that Smashboards, by large, was happy to see his inclusion and, while may of not supported him, was happy of his inclusion regardless.​

This Weeks I want YOU to Vote!

When do you think the release date will be?

Spring 2014 (March through May)
Summer 2014 (June through August)
Fall 2014 (September through November)
Winter 2014 (December)
Winter 2015 (December through February)
Spring 2015 (March through May)
After Spring 2015 (June through December)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
"Finally, Friday"

Blank? Friday what!?!
Thanks! I appreciate the heads up!

AAAAAAAAnd crap....I forgot to make the poll and editing threads to add a poll, to my knowledge, is impossible. Crapzilla.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not a problem. Given that these usually happen by the time I'm off from school for the week, I'd be happy to help you edit/write these.

And that's...unfortunate. What was this poll going to be about?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not a problem. Given that these usually happen by the time I'm off from school for the week, I'd be happy to help you edit/write these.

And that's...unfortunate. What was this poll going to be about?
When do you think the release date will be?

Spring 2014 (March through May)
Summer 2014 (June through August)
Fall 2014 (September through November)
Winter 2014 (December)
Winter 2015 (December through February)
Spring 2015 (March through May)
After Spring 2015 (June through December)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This was a neat little read. I had no idea this was even done and in such an efficient way.

And oh look! I'm in the review. How about that?!

Shroob

Sup?
I seem to have made quiet a few times into this week's read.... Thankfully I wasn't embarrassing unlike certain other people were.:awesome:

Good work, Venus.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please make sure to thank TumblrFamous, Frostwraith, Tryphen, and Xiivi as well! I can't do it without them!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess I have more time working on the Rosalina article then. Anyway, this week did have its crazy moments, but as usual, a good review.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice Effort. I love the idea of a Smash weekly newspaper-blog-thingy! I'll be reading this more often. Let me know if you need help. Although you already have it all planned out, and probably don't need any help.

Keep up the good work!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I didn't actually know this existed till now. I especially liked the stage analysis. If you keep doing those, I'd love to see an analysis on the Pyrosphere with what we've seen so far.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Hey, I was quoted in the Week in Review! Now I'm famous across the boards! :) (Mind you, it's for being dumb, but fame is fame.)

I loved this Week in Review, Venus. And not just because I was in it. :p Nevertheless, I think people are overreacting to that whole comment regarding Waluigi. For all we know, he could have been referring to himself trying hard to make Waluigi playable, but not working out due to time constraints or not wanting to over saturate the series with 7 characters (I'm counting Dr. Mario in that, as I hope he'll return). Still, those GameFAQ links were hilarious to read through.

Even so, Sakurai cares about the fans a great deal and wouldn't insult them. Poke fun at them, sure. But never insult them. And don't listen to the Sakurai haters who would tell you otherwise. :troll:

Aggressive Sock

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to play Mega Man. I've been hoping for his inclusion ever since the lead-up to Brawl, where I felt he was due an appearance. Growing up playing Mega Man, loving the 1st 3 games, and playing through them throughout the years, he's easily my most anticipated character to play. I'm quite satisfied from his gameplay footage thus far, I love characters with a great deal of versatility, so I feel I will be quite happy with him. So I'm anxiously anticipating getting my hands on him.

Battlefield remains one of my favorite stages. Awesome article, expressing the beauty of the stage, and visualizing the evolution through the games. I look forward to Smash 4's version. It looks so visually stunning. As an art major, I fall in love with the visuals in games, especially the environments. On my "wish list" for just about any game I am passionate about, I'm always asking and hoping for a great variety of stunning environments to experience. From different times of day, weather, environments, and setups...I really appreciate a great variety. Smash Bros. does this well, and we usually have a good deal of variety offered.

This makes me a happy player.

I would absolutely LOVE for there to be weather effects implemented as an option for a stage such as Battlefield. Wind, rain, snow, fog...not only would they offer a great visual, they could also play into the gameplay, forcing players to adapt further. As I said, as an option(so competitive environments don't have to use said gameplay elements), I really think an addition as such, would really add to the game. :)

Great article!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for the responses everyone! It's great to see people get a lot from these articles!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Good job on noticing the lightning of Battlefield! It's a really cool detail! I hope weather appears on more stages.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Why are they closing Nintendo Wi-Fi? The Black 2 videos, the hacked Wi-Fi Brawl videos, THE WII CHANNEL!!

This is how I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why are they closing Nintendo Wi-Fi? The Black 2 videos, the hacked Wi-Fi Brawl videos, THE WII CHANNEL!!

*snipped*

This is how I feel.
Most likely to focus and promote Wii U sales but still a rather **** move. We may see a Nintendo announcement concerning something with Wi-Fi between now and then.

NOTICE: I added some follow-up questions in Xiivi's interview. Go ahead and check it out!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Huh, honestly Xiivi never really felt like the angry type to me...
More, stressed. And having a dislike for the Housepets "Let's Imagine" arc. But that's about it...

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Most likely to focus and promote Wii U sales but still a rather **** move. We may see a Nintendo announcement concerning something with Wi-Fi between now and then.

NOTICE: I added some follow-up questions in Xiivi's interview. Go ahead and check it out!
The banner got deleted from Photobucket, may I suggest lmgur?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The banner got deleted from Photobucket, may I suggest lmgur?
My photobucket has been acting up. Unfortunately, I am unable to fix it since I'm very, very busy today. I'll get to it later.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I know that's not going to help the wii u so much

Ofcoarse there better be a loop hole of being able to play wii wi-fi on the wii u and ds wi-fi on the 3ds

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know that's not going to help the wii u so much

Ofcoarse there better be a loop hole of being able to play wii wi-fi on the wii u and ds wi-fi on the 3ds
Yeah. I won't lie its kind of a strange move but consider both Sony and Microsoft did it with thier systems as well, it was just a matter of time. I assume Nintendo has a contingency plan in effect.

You could always go pro, and have virtually unlimited bandwidth. The only downside is that you'd have to pay for the service once per year.
I have several accounts lol. But I've been considering getting pro. I use it enough.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do have imgur and several other hosting sites. Anyways, I'm working on the new edition and getting some much needed help. I've been busy
-_-:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
soz, I'm just being melancholic, I've had my photobucket account since 2008 and I must say that it's not like it used to be. (used to be one of the best image hosting sites, now it's easily one of the worst)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, it used to be really good :/

Anyways, when I have access to a computer, I will change some of my primary photos to imgur probably,

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
but photobucket is terrible
In what way exactly? I know that I haven't uploaded any new images there in a long time, but the images that are in my Photobucket account are still working; I did do a good amount of hacks for Brawl, along with some other games.

Perhaps you're just hating it because it has the tendency to resize large images now. Just know that even if the image gets resized for forum usage, the full-sized revision will remain in tact for pro users.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's just not very user friendly anymore.

Yes, it resizing large images is also really annoying, thanks for reminding me that I have to get rid of it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regardless, I still use my Photobucket account for my older images, since places like the Brawl Vault do use the images in thumbnail form. Besides, it's not like I use Photobucket for its various features anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yes well OBVS I'm not going to just terminate my account; I still have like 400 images on mine.

But I have moved to different pastures.

aka imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom