• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I do believe, though, that you can't fire it *AAAAAAAAAA*-Style.
More likely AAA, AAA, AAA, AAA.
Correct. While its not final, currently there is about a 6 frame period between the last shot and being able to do something. Shots outside the AAA series (so like AAA-A) have the moves initial animation added to it, so basically

2 frame buster transformation
2 frame move start up
6 frame between shot 1 and 2
6 frame between shot 2 and 3
6 frame between shot 3 and exit animation
2 frame move start up

Again, numbers night not be final, but the basic idea will still apply.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Can Snake's smash attack projectiles be reflected?

That's probably a good indication of how Mega Man's non-specials will be handled.
You could argue that Olimar's Fsmash is technically a projectile and that cannot be absorbed

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
But then again, both Lucas's and Zamus's Dsmash count as projectiles. They can be absorbed, reflected, or bucketed. I'm betting that MM's Fsmash will be similar.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Do any of his other moves transform into Buster? Cuz then you'll have lower Jab, Nair or FTilt startup after doing them, which could make for interesting dynamics. Also, does transforming back also take two frames?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do any of his other moves transform into Buster? Cuz then you'll have lower Jab, Nair or FTilt startup after doing them, which could make for interesting dynamics. Also, does transforming back also take two frames?

I think that Megaman's Smash attacks have transformation frames to them too.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You could argue that Olimar's Fsmash is technically a projectile and that cannot be absorbed

Well, Ness/Lucas can only absorb energy projectiles anyway, while the Pikmin are physically solid. What happens when someone tries to reflect the pikmin smashes? I don't recall ever seeing the Olimar Smash attacks ever getting reflected... can't recall what happens when you cancel them with another attack, either.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Hmmmm I wonder if Villager can grab Megaman's FSmash....That's be pretty interesting.... o.O

Neo Zero

Im still in the process of slowly gathering the data (since its not even that useful for final release) but Fsmash, DSmash, USmash and Uair all look to involve a buster transformation as well.

Sinn

Smash Lord
But then again, both Lucas's and Zamus's Dsmash count as projectiles. They can be absorbed, reflected, or bucketed. I'm betting that MM's Fsmash will be similar.
This was something I was wondering about. If that's true, I really can't imagine Mega Man's buster not being absorbable as well, especially the charged version.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
His Mega Buster looks like the perfect tool for refreshing stale moves.
Also, I'm guessing his Guts Grab will have slighty above average Grab Range.

Neo Zero

Z1GMA post: 15606928 said:
His Mega Buster looks like the perfect tool for refreshing stale moves.
Also, I'm guessing his Guts Grab will have slighty above average Grab Range.
Considering the whole NES thing he has going on, its hard to say. Super Arm basically required you to be right beside a block after all.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
If nothing else, it looks mega fast.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Considering the whole NES thing he has going on, its hard to say. Super Arm basically required you to be right beside a block after all.
True, but I would like to believe that in ssb4, his hand gets bigger (Guts Big, if you like) before he grabs the opponent.

What are you guys' thoughts on his Fair and Bair?

Bair reminds me slightly of Metaknights Fair/Bair.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
The hits of Bair remind me of Metaknight's, but the attack itself seems more like Marth's.

Fair looks crazy fast, and based on that picture, I can't help but wonder how big the hitbox is. It looks like it covers almost 180 degrees in front of him.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It looks much better than original FS just with its range alone lol
We'd still need to see if the hitbox matches the animation though.

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
I see a small recovery potential in his Bair, also his Dair looks like he almost stops dead in midair to fire it off. Just thinking of that recovery potential, he look like a medium light character with bit of a faster fall. I mean he will be playing the keep away game, His moves look like they have decent knock back or a push to keep opponents at bay.

Thoughts on his moves recovery potential?

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
His Fair looks like a much faster version of Samus'. I like the look of it.

I'm interested to see how Leaf Shield will work, defensively. Will it negate, say, a fully charged Samus beam?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I guess it will either have some kind of health (and therefore be beatable by stronger moves) or be able to endure a certain number of impacts no matter their strength.

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
I guess it will either have some kind of health (and therefore be beatable by stronger moves) or be able to endure a certain number of impacts no matter their strength.

Considering what we saw when he was showing off the leaf shield in that awesome trailer, Mario threw a fireball as the shield was traveling, if you watch one of the leafs gets destroyed by the fireball before it hits Mario. Go over the trailer again I believe that it will take a total of 4 hits and each leaf dose 1/4 of the attacks total damage.

Neo Zero

His Bair is basically MK's Fair in how it hits. The Fair I guess would be closer to something like Roy's fair without the sweet spot. I don't believe his Dair has any momentum cancel properties (unlike his Leaf Shield which seems to have a very minor one). As for the recoveries, they all seem relatively low outside his Uair, but it likely has the greatest range.

Think of Leaf Shield sort of like Jewel Man's shield (the actual boss attack he uses, not the weapon you get). When all 4 are up you have something with nearly no holes that is constantly moving. Any impact it takes, regardless if its a projectile or another player basically gets rid of the leaf. This is also why I believe the damage it does varies, as once fired it still maintains its properties, but its one projectile with the combined power of all the leaves.

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
I agree about the leaf shield, the video even showed the leaf dissapearring do believe its a flay 1/4 of the attacks total damage per leaf but that is just speculation on my part. Normally I'm not a big fan of characters that play keep away, but considering Megaman's moves are almost all ranged I'm excited to give him a proper try,

The slide also has me very interested. how easy is it to set up combos using his slide? do you think i could Dtilt(slide) Dsmash/Usmash then Utilt and continue from there?

Neo Zero

Judging from the current builds, the Smashes are far to slow to combo into. Both those are more anti airs (and also in the case of Dsmash, a tech punish). As for Utilt, it does seem fast enough, however it'd depend on two things. How is the moves hitstun and how is the games hitstun. Really though, I doubt Mega Man will see many combos outside some things into Flame Sword/Slash Claw, but time will tell.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just noticed a thing they can improve.
They'd be able to represent MM5 by giving his Dtilt the plowing visual effect from Charge Man.

No change of the actual move. Just the visual effect.

Then MM4 would be the only Classic Game left to be represented (First Charge Shot was in MM4, but still).

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Charge Kick was such a useless ability, but I agree it would have been nice to see MM5 acknowledged.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
True, but I would like to believe that in ssb4, his hand gets bigger (Guts Big, if you like) before he grabs the opponent.

What are you guys' thoughts on his Fair and Bair?

Bair reminds me slightly of Metaknights Fair/Bair.

I think that those moves look pretty good. They seem to be fast enough, and decently strong too. But I would have liked it bit more if these moves were his ground moves, still fine with me though.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
And I wanted Skull Shield to be his Nair, but that would be stupid since he's got Leaf Shield.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And I wanted Skull Shield to be his Nair, but that would be stupid since he's got Leaf Shield.

I'm sure that there's some way that another shield move can be implemented, possibly one of his throw attacks. Kinda like Super Smash Flash 2 did with his Down throw.

Neo Zero

I would of had Top Spin be Nair (which makes perfect sense since it's air only in game), and have something else be his dash attack. Probably Tengu Blade (from &B). Oh well, his current Nair is fine too.

Also Charge Kick was one of two weapons from that game that wasnt awful (the other being Gravity Hold). Invincible Slide? Yes please

Neo Zero

My favorite was always the Gyro Attack. It was like my Metal Blade for MMV
Personal preference aside, the major problem was the charge shot was just better than basically every weapon in most situations. The two I mentioned were the only 2 that were universally useful. Others had maybe 1 or 2 decent situations (outside weaknesses) but even then they were outclassed.

This library also had probably the second worse weapon, the Power Stone. Amazing how good it is compared to Thunder Wool though.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Star Crash was useful; I certainly used it more than Charge Kick. And Gyro Blade was nice for hard to hit enemies (though admittedly G. Hold was best for that).

But you're completely right about Power Stone.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The one thing that upsets me is his lack of MM 1 robot master moves..... I mean, yeah, he has the power arm, but that isn't all that iconic. I'm hoping his actual throws out of the power arm incorporate some MM 1 weapons..... it's really the only thing we haven't seen besides the final smash.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The one thing that upsets me is his lack of MM 1 robot master moves..... I mean, yeah, he has the power arm, but that isn't all that iconic. I'm hoping his actual throws out of the power arm incorporate some MM 1 weapons..... it's really the only thing we haven't seen besides the final smash.
Fthrow better be Power Drill from MM4 <3

I believe he will have Guts Throw for all directions, though, except for maybe Dthrow.
What about his Pummel?

Neo Zero

Fthrow better be Power Drill from MM4 <3

I believe he will have Guts Throw for all directions, though, except for maybe Dthrow.
What about his Pummel?
Z1g, weren't you the person who showed me what Fthrow actually was (in the OP post btw). Regardless who, it's just a normal throw lol.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would love power drill, but I think at least Fthrow will be the gutsman style toss, up and down almost have to be something different....

Neo Zero

I would love power drill, but I think at least Fthrow will be the gutsman style toss, up and down almost have to be something different....
Up as well is known and its.....a toss upwards lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom