• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We should compile a list of knee setups

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
For example, which moves lead into knee at certain percents against certain characters.
I'm getting the hack pack soon and I will expand with my findings.
Anything you know please post here :)

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who doesn't look at percents during matches? I just kind of feel out/react to the knockback. Also it's going to be hella situational. Uair -> knee might work on Fox at 100%, but only if you do it at the last frame of your short hop (Not verified, just making an example). How would this information really help that much?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who doesn't look at percents during matches? I just kind of feel out/react to the knockback. Also it's going to be hella situational. Uair -> knee might work on Fox at 100%, but only if you do it at the last frame of your short hop (Not verified, just making an example). How would this information really help that much?
I used to be OBSESSED with knowing percents for different setups. Lately, I've just been reacting to different knockbacks and such. I say that it's good for your guaranteed kill options, like Uthrow>Knee on Marth at 68. Other than that, there are too many variables, and you should just get good at quickly reacting with a move, rather than focusing too much on percents.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Fast Faller's Uthrow->Knee at 115%+
Peach, Zelda and Puff Dthrow->Knee 60%+ (Earlier will get you nair/rested)
Mario Bros - Don't bother.
Links 60% Uthrow->Knee at 60%
Marth, Sheik, Pikachu, Pichu, Icies, Yoshi, DK and Bowser Uthrow->Knee 70% to 90%
Samus Dthrow->80ish
Ganon, M2, G&W, Ness Kirby Go nuts (No clue, might be link tier).

All your aerials combo into knee provided people don't DI away at mid percents (40% to 80%) on pretty much every one.

Bu$

HoC
Fast Faller's Uthrow->Knee at 115%+
Peach, Zelda and Puff Dthrow->Knee 60%+ (Earlier will get you nair/rested)
Mario Bros - Don't bother.
Links 60% Uthrow->Knee at 60%
Marth, Sheik, Pikachu, Pichu, Icies, Yoshi, DK and Bowser Uthrow->Knee 70% to 90%
Samus Dthrow->80ish
Ganon, M2, G&W, Ness Kirby Go nuts (No clue, might be link tier).

All your aerials combo into knee provided people don't DI away at mid percents (40% to 80%) on pretty much every one.
I didn't think you could d throw knee samus..

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
you can definitely dthrow knee on luigi doc and mario as long as they don't DI correctly

dthrow knee also works on pikachu

I really don't think dthrow knee is viable on samus... it works if she messes up her DI, but samus is so heavy that it is easy for her to react and DI properly

gravy

Smash Ace
95% of the info given out about falcon percentages inside and outside of this thread are wrong.

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
95% of the info given out about falcon percentages inside and outside of this thread are wrong.
If it's wrong, then what is it? It seems like everything I see is wrong, and knowing the percents would be great. It'd be even better for someone to tell me them if the info is actually out there instead of spending so much time figuring it out myself from scratch.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
If I'm playing with someone who's almost too good at DI and they're playing spanimals, I dthrow, shield as they attack, shield grab, dthrow again, then short hop out of shield and throw out a knee in the middle of a SHFFL. If they DI away they're safe, I'm safe, and I can L-cancel and set up from there. If not, they can eat my patella.

D

Deleted member

Moonwalk to dair to knee.

oohhhhh it feeeeels sooooo goooood

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Dair->Knee->Short hop->Off-stage Falcon Punch... Sacred combo is so good...

Last edited:

TheHolyRoller

Smash Rookie
I actually up throw and then knee. Of course, the opponent has to be at certain %'s of damage. I can do it to Mario and Dr. Mario before 85%...

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
there are way too many to list... the index thread has some that you can use as guidelines, but really once you get to a certain level you just know...

if you wanna get good at comboing, get good at shffling
like insanely good
especially upair
learn how to shffl all the different aerials so the hitbox is out on the first possible frame

once you have the tools, you can get creative

Top Bottom