• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Record Your Replays - Helpers Welcome.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Sometimes my replays desync on Dolphin when I'm trying to record for friends. Does anyone know what causes desyncs in the emulator? They work fine in the console and I never use absurd textures that cause desyncs. I had to scrap two replays of Dr Pee Pee because of this issue, one match was on Battlefield and another on Skyworld(Project M Demo 2). Recently I got a request to upload some replays using Demo 2.1 , and at one point one character didn't die at a high ceiling like it was intended(I compared the footage to the console) I watched both replays back to back and noticed when the replays desynced.

So I'm asking how can I fix this troubling issue I'm having? If it's my Dolphin build/files then can some direct me to a SSBB friendly build that better supports replay playback? Thanks in advance.

This is the current build I've been using since demo 2 came out: http://www.mediafire.com/?v5a54uvpbx2ztb9

That hasn't given me any problems besides the frequent replay desync lol

tl;dr My replays are desyncing on Dolphin but not on my Wii, I don't use unsafe textures or extra codes(all I use is the P:M files 2.1) Tips/advice are needed please!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Well just remember that you are emulating Brawl, and emulation is far from perfect.

Especially with Brawl that uses very precise timings - if Dolphin misses one beat, it could change the replay entirely.

From my experience, I've had about a 65% success rate with replays on Dolphin. I've found that if it doesn't work there, then it just needs to be recorded from the Wii.

--

Just got out of school and back from trips, so I'll be doing some of Ayato and Ugg's replays too.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Is there a special Brawl friendly dolphin build available? Or maybe one that best supports the game?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Not that I know of. I usually just take the latest one off of the SVN.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So how many replays will you guys take? Is there anyone willing to upload to a channel? Or to my channel if i provide info?(recently lost internet and mcdonalds wifi will not hold it down for that =/)

No restrictions on what i want other than it be watchable.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yep, I can upload to Youtube accounts (or any online thing for that matter). :b:

Really the limit is a "within reason" thing. So however many you want to send me.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Not that I know of. I usually just take the latest one off of the SVN.
SVN? Can you link me please, unless you mean the dolphin website? You just grab the most recent "dirty" build they release?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yeah, I'll usually grab the newest build every couple weeks off the website (the Dirty one).

John2k4

The End of an Era
Got Kuro's replays uploaded to Youtube. =)

Ayato/Ugg - Sorry about no progress on yours. Been forgetting and playing Xenoblade. I have a Brawl thing for tomorrow afternoon, might work on a couple before packing up the Wii for that.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Almost done with GROOVE's replays, will get yours right after. Zach if you're here before I upload GROOVE's replays, then you can take these.

D

Deleted member

My capture device has been annoying lately. Ill try getting these done though.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I have a 1 min replay to get recorded if possible, is mediafire okay for you guys? from how the first page sounds I just put the replay on my SD card, take a bin file, and then upload it to mediafire.
is that the preferred means for receiving files for you guys?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes, that is it! :)

GROOVE - compressing and uploading your replays now.

Zach - Everything running okay for you? =)

D

Deleted member

My capture device just likes to randomly be a *****. Its like it has its monthly period. I already recorded everything thankfully, I just need to render each individual match.

Top Bottom