• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need bomb setups

Darkhart

Smash Cadet
it may turn out useless but the bombs must be integrated.

I manage to get a zair onto my opponent, leading him into a bomb.
It reduced his knock back and....I screwed up from there.

Bombs can be great for continuing and attack.
We just need to figure out some combos (if you can call them that).

Also, the edge is the only great place I can think of. So try to think of a setup that doesn't rely on the edges.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
bomb cancel to grab is pretty good. Also Ive got a vid im gonna post on some pretty effective bomb edge guards, which set up for dair. Bomb cancel to charge shot is really good too. I did it in the meta knight match that I posted at Battlefield. His last stock he hits a bomb which gave me a free charge shot.

Darkhart

Smash Cadet
bomb cancel to grab is pretty good. Also Ive got a vid im gonna post on some pretty effective bomb edge guards, which set up for dair. Bomb cancel to charge shot is really good too. I did it in the meta knight match that I posted at Battlefield. His last stock he hits a bomb which gave me a free charge shot.
Say, want to have a match...I'm never to great with dittos. Samus has a variety of play styles and I was wondering if you'd like to brawl?

Anyways, I meant actually working a bomb into a combo. The bomb takes 1 sec to exploded. We need to find a chain that leads into a bomb. We know the opponent won't wait.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
well on a shielded opponent you can run up and bomb cancel on both sides of them constantly so that when they get hit by one they get hit by another. what about dropping a bomb behind someone and then ftilt or jab them to push them into it? if anything it could turn out to be good pressure. Since this game is so defense oriented maybe we should find ways to use bombs to help nullify the opponents OOS options. just a thought.

And yeah we can play.

Darkhart

Smash Cadet
well on a shielded opponent you can run up and bomb cancel on both sides of them constantly so that when they get hit by one they get hit by another. what about dropping a bomb behind someone and then ftilt or jab them to push them into it? if anything it could turn out to be good pressure. Since this game is so defense oriented maybe we should find ways to use bombs to help nullify the opponents OOS options. just a thought.

And yeah we can play.
They can actually sweep you if you aren't careful...anyways, you can host.
FC?

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I like to bomb and DI back, placing the bomb between us. If they approach on the ground you can jab, Ftilt, or SHDair them into the bomb, and if they approach and shield they have to hold the shield for the bomb as well, or they get hit. Also, if they hold shield you can grab cancel or Dair for pressure.

If they go aerial to go over your bomb you can SH jump back and shot, missle, Zair, or Fair. Or, you can lay another bomb and DI back.

Once they start hesitating to approach when you lay a bomb, you can start charging a shot, or firing missles or Zairing.

On the edge, you can SH and drop a bomb at the top of you jump, and the bomb will detonate just on the edge. This forces people to move from the edge, and you can punish all of their options.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
@Gum, I never seen the term "bomb-canceling" before. What does it mean?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Bomb canceling isn't all that impressive. Drop a bomb, then crouch to cancel a bit of the ending lag. It's hard to notice at first because it only cancels like 5 or so frames. It's helpful to use dtilt or another bomb, faster.

@ SinkingHigher: It's just lag/bad quality.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Oh, hahaha. I thought so but I desperately hoped otherwise.

I thought bomb-cancelling was that thing where you drop a bomb, and then suddenly it just disappears for no reason.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
I use bombs as a kind of mindgame, I use them while falling from a volley or combo, to easily change my direction of falling and to catch them off guard. Or if your in the middle of a four player match, just use it over some heads to break up the action or just quickly add some damage.

Top Bottom