• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We did it

Fino

Smash Master
Not quite broken Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

Snake Tier
Snake 13.91

Top Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

High Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

Mid Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

Low Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

Bottom Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

Bottom/garbage Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

Zomg don't play me I'm trash Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63
Congratz to olimar mains everywhere. We put olimar in his rightful position. Bottom of high tier and we did it!
I vote we all get together and partay ^^;
Now we can start getting called tier whores! lulzy
*discuss

~Fino

asob4

Smash Champion
yayyyy
where he belongs, and where he'll stay
either staying where he is or moving up but he's in high tier fo life :]

asob4

Smash Champion
i think he should've been put above lucario, just cause he's a ****** slave driver
i mean, what's cooler than a ****** slave driver?

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
I have been thinking of picking up a new "main" for awhile, and when Brawl came out I was going to main as him, not this gives me another reason to pick him up, Good Job Olimar mains!!

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I still stand by lower being better, but oh well. Good job guys, provided that my online beastness has done absolutely nothing.

RichBrown

Smash Master
****it, he is too high now, I can't lol at people because they got beat by a mid tier character. and he is only clinging onto high tier too.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just remember, tier don't make characters; characters make tiers.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
Well, like we all believed, he had the MOST potential to move up. And, hark, he did.

NO character moved up nearly as much as Olimar did. I see that as Olimar mains doing the best job out of any other mains :p

Majora's Incarnation

Smash Cadet
This is what Olimar deserves.

Though I'm concerned about how this might make people wary of Olimar's potential. More people will recognize Olimar as a threat, and as a result will probably lurk around the Olimar boards reading about all of his techniques and weaknesses, preparing themselves for Olimars they face in tournaments. Olimar being in the High Tier is great and all, but I kind of preferred him being in the middle tier where people didn't see him as much of a threat, and ignored him, which allowed us to develop his metagame in peace.

(Sorry if this post sounds noobish, but I hear you guys always saying you like keeping Olimar's strategies, techniques etc. hidden from others, but I couldn't tell if it was a joke or you were serious.)

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Dayyyyum 8 spots. That's so crazy. yeah, that's more than anyone.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Rofl, some people in that thread were like "Olimar is too low!!" . And someone said that he was that low because there aren't oli players in the sbr rofl. Because having people who think olimar is at the completely perfect spot for him would make him higher lawl.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah i started arguing that he needs to be classified as being tied for 10th, since he got the same point value as lucario, but was still ranked 11th. When i asked marc what decided lucario being higher, he said 'Alphabet."

-.-

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
the only thing now is to get around olimars recovery, but then agian being to high on the list makes oli a target
Popular Olimar consencus previously: Yea his tether sucks we can gimp him hard.

Popular Olimar consencus more recently: Dam we gotta hurt the littl b4$t$rd first!

lolz Good job everybody who saw Olimar's potential!

Too bad Olimar **** at tourneys won't be as unexpected now lol.

asob4

Smash Champion
his priority is a bigger problem than his recovery imo

i only get gimped consistently by MK and marth

evryone else i DI and get back easily

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
how far he moved up shows how much the SBR originally underrated him

and how much we proved them wrong

gg sbr

:D

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
I'm pumped that when I see people saying they're starting to use Olimar I get to be condescending about it.

New Guy : I'm learning how to use Olimar

Me : Oh really? Psh, I've been using Olimar since he was mid-tier.

It's the same bragging rights as growing up with Pluto being a planet.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I agree with the last 2 posts haha. It's actually kinda cool, I've had a few people approach me because they wanna pick up Olimar and they know I've mained him from the start.

Unfortunately, all I tell them is to throw more pikmin and they should be fine with the matchup.

Fino

Smash Master
If it weren't bad enough seeing a new face here practically every time I visit, but I have a feeling the next couple of weeks is going to be a boom of n00b question/help/hai I'm pick up lolimarz threads.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I just don't like putting up with them sometimes ;-; sorry if that's arrogant as heck... i like helping people out, I just don't want to start arguing with people who don't know what they're talking about.

Also, I agree with skank. Olimar's lack of priority is the only real thing he's lacking, and in most match-ups, spacing takes that disadvantage away.

~Fino

RichBrown

Smash Master
Wario is actually really good at gimping recoveries too. I play Fiction regularly and he is really good at gimping me, and I don't get gimped very often. I actually have less problems getting back to the stage against Marth than I do Wario. Other than that I pretty much look past his recovery. Sometimes I go on a Uair-upB tear just because those are his only 2 priority moves haha. And his jab is AMAZING. 15%, are you kiddin me?

I say we scare away all the noobs, link them to the countless ghost pikmin threads we have lolol

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
*sighs* i preferred the "how did you lose O.o i'm only mid tier"

but good job everyone i think lol

i wonder if they will want to move him to top tier after i oli **** the ecrc finals XD

*random*
i started a stupid mind game where i name my pikmin

purple is opra
yellow is lucy lu
white is marykate
blue is betty
and red is anne marie
^
^
^
lmao

and you say the name of what they are supposed to watch out for "don't get hit by opra, dam betty is about to **** u etc..." its funny and annoying as hell lol

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
We should just delete all the Oli guides so noone new can pick him up =D
Back in my day, we didn't have fancy guides. The old school Olimar players ran around pulling out pikmin and yelling "What in the hell am I suppose to do with him?!"

My thoughts the first time I used Olimar.

"Sweet Zombie Jesus"

fishyz0911

Smash Rookie
O wells. Now that hes high tier i cant tell my friends how bad of a character he is and how their characters are always better :(.

Anyway, I think more noobs using olimar is better because then when people play him they will be unsure if hes good or not. Before it was like "oh he's using olimar, maybe he knows what hes doing." (that or the matches dont last long lol).
Although i will miss being one of a rare breed :_(.

W.E. Oli rocks. *woot*

Rocann

Smash Lord
Back in my day, we didn't have fancy guides. The old school Olimar players ran around pulling out pikmin and yelling "What in the hell am I suppose to do with him?!"

My thoughts the first time I used Olimar.

"Sweet Zombie Jesus"
I read NC-Echo's guide before the game was out. I do feel sorry for the people who went into it as soon as japan released it, though.

Top Bottom