• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We can't have lyn...so..what about another FE7 Lord?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
What does that have to do with this mod?

And hopefully the Wii kinks get worked out by the time this is done. I don't play on Dolphin :(

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
so far im the only one i know who gets wii freezes. i implore everyone to test it for themselves.

Updated: new Side B: Hand axe.

a boomerang throw of the axe that will send outward, then pull the enemy back in. this is one of two adjusments made to assist his combo game slightly. the other being jump cancelled grounded up B

a new neutral b is on the way...

Armads basic attack animation has him dropping the axe blade to the floor, and the ground shakes.

....this move will be translated to PM and will act like wario/wariomans down smash, but not hitting the entire floor..just an area around him.

Last edited:

Roydley

Smash Rookie
This is looking really good! If it does, who does it replace? cause i don't know how to add slots for characters. I will definitely be checking back on this thread a lot!

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
Armads basic attack animation has him dropping the axe blade to the floor, and the ground shakes.

....this move will be translated to PM and will act like wario/wariomans down smash, but not hitting the entire floor..just an area around him.
you could make that one of his taunts

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
This Hector is great. He's been great. Szion has really done a lot on Hector.

Expect him in the next PM EX update, that's for sure.

Roydley

Smash Rookie
I wish this could go over someone other than ike! The only reason I can't put it in is because my brother plays ike, my friend plays marth and I play roy. Is there a way in the future that you could make a version that replaces a non fire emblem character? (Like dedede perhaps since it's next to all of the other FE characters?)

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Well, I suggest learning PMeX. That way you don't need to "bump off" characters. Also, I think it will mean a lot more work for szion, since it is not easy to port one character over the other. IMO, PMeX is probably the best solution.

Edit: The order of the roster can be changed. FYI. But still, PMeX is the best solution.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I wish this could go over someone other than ike! The only reason I can't put it in is because my brother plays ike, my friend plays marth and I play roy. Is there a way in the future that you could make a version that replaces a non fire emblem character? (Like dedede perhaps since it's next to all of the other FE characters?)
well at the moment i have a PMEX build that you can throw the earlier files into right now

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzBTZ40Cd6i5a1RaSTJLQzk4MEU
for homebrew and dolphin.

you can honestly just play this like the regular build of PM + hector

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I think you need to slow his animations down. That axe is as big as he is but it doesn't show in the way he moves. Put some weight behind how he handles the thing if you can.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think that speaks for itself. hes a heavy kinda guy but he doesnt swing the axe like its heavy. i may slow down some things because i think that'd be good for him but most things will remain semi quick

Szion

Smash Journeyman
So he's already in this build or i have to put him in? Sorry that i'm not really well versed in brawlex
hes already in the build. the post above has the most recent hector update.

in the future if i release a patch for an update to him, just copy paste over the hector folder like u wud for any skin

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think that speaks for itself. hes a heavy kinda guy but he doesnt swing the axe like its heavy. i may slow down some things because i think that'd be good for him but most things will remain semi quick
I'm aware of how his 2D sprite looks, but copying it too closely does not translate well to 3D (or to Smash's balance).

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of how his 2D sprite looks, but copying it too closely does not translate well to 3D (or to Smash's balance).
yeah this is why despite him being a heavy character, he doesnt necessarily his as hard or hardder than ike in most cases, because if he did while capturing the 2d speeds hed be broken. trying to find a decent balance between the two. staying faithful, but not..too fast.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
freezing issue on aerial side b fixed revamped up and down smash animations...incoming!

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Two issues are about to be addressed. the 2nd hit of side b not hitting because axe going into Z axis, and gettin new animation for hectors neutral B.
its still going to be the seismic tremor motif but should it be a nongrowing knockup or a stun? (hitbox would be floor for a short distance...unsure how to make that not hit airborne enemies tho

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Will there be css images, sfx, or an announcer call in the future? Cause that would be awesome
those have been included in ALM5252's latest build. this hector is a part of it. unless you beat me to it, ill dig up the css images from selcharacter
announcer call...

well, i hadnt planned for it. but. there is going to be a new announcer voice for that build, and hector call is planned for that. no guarantees on how itll sound or anything, and i also have no idea how that stuff is installed D:

oh forgot to mention

wii freezing issue is gone for hector in ALM's newest build.

he works like a dreaem and i can actually play him

Last edited:
Top Bottom