• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We can do this - Seven more years.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
We need to get this moving. Brawl sucks, we know. So let's get Melee going, host some tournies, maybe even a whole new community specifically for Melee. We can get word out by Pro smashers that hate Brawl too. Seriously though, I'm done moping, it's time to act.

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
if brawl sucks, take the brawl fc out of your info thing and change your avatar. BTW Brawl has better graphics, more characters, better characters, more stages, better music, trophies, stickers, stage builder, and story line. Melee has strategy.

Wuss

Smash Champion
mrmoney: you make me laugh. every single one of those things you mentioned is 100% secondary when making a great game. Gameplay is what matters, and if brawl sucks to play (although I prefer melee, I'm not saying this is true), no amount of characters, good graphics, or stages or anything is going to make it better than melee.

Naeroon

Smash Rookie
It's funny how the only thing you mentioned about Melee is the one thing that matters, MrMoney. Brawl has the glamour and Melee has the staying power. Sakurai said it himself that he purposefully designed brawl to be non-competitive, he even gave some pretty uninspiring examples. Basically what he wants from Brawl is 4 year-olds having fun from mashing A against a motionless CPU, and actually went out of his way to make sure that only the most casual of casual gamers enjoy the experience, which I find to be rather insulting.

Melee has been my main game for years anyways, so I'm just gonna stick with that until all the whining dies down and people stumble across new techs and abilities to start a new era of smash. I mean, that's what melee was like, until we found out about things such as wavedashing.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
After another few months a one of a few options will happen...

a)Brawl's metagame will advance and become more tournamentally viable (though probably never as much as melee)

b)Brawl's metagame will go either not advance at all or even go backwards (like gimpyfish claims), but people will play brawl mostly anyway.

c)Brawl's metagame will go either not advance at all or even go backwards (like gimpyfish claims), and people return to melee, either in actual tournaments, and almost definately eventually in online ones. Hopefully online melee will be possible before too long via dolphin just like smash 64 and project64.

Of course with option C brawl will still probably be more popular, but we'll just have to wait and let the "new" factor fade first. There are other possibilities of course, but I think these are the most likely (in general) I'm hoping for A, but that seems unlikely so hopefully we'll at least get C.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Alright, brawl does not have entirely better graphics. Look how fox looks like a ****ing chihauhau now... samus looks more round and cartoony, and for christs sakes, who actually likes that egyptian squirrel lucario.

What is the point of all the brawl buffs if melee is just entirely better in playstyle. If melee had stick figures, it wouldn't make a difference to me... Anyway, it won't be long before the candy and gonzo crew and all the other brawl attention seekers just give it up and move along here.

otg

Smash Master
To me it seems like Brawl lacks the staying power that Melee has/had(?). My friends won't even play Brawl anymore because they are bored of it, but will still get down on some Melee if the chance arises. With GTA4 coming out soon, expect the activity around this forum to die down a bit.

protokid

Smash Cadet
After another few months a one of a few options will happen...

a)Brawl's metagame will advance and become more tournamentally viable (though probably never as much as melee)

b)Brawl's metagame will go either not advance at all or even go backwards (like gimpyfish claims), but people will play brawl mostly anyway.

c)Brawl's metagame will go either not advance at all or even go backwards (like gimpyfish claims), and people return to melee, either in actual tournaments, and almost definately eventually in online ones. Hopefully online melee will be possible before too long via dolphin just like smash 64 and project64.

Of course with option C brawl will still probably be more popular, but we'll just have to wait and let the "new" factor fade first. There are other possibilities of course, but I think these are the most likely (in general) I'm hoping for A, but that seems unlikely so hopefully we'll at least get C.
Yeah, you are probably right man.
But I sure hope some new techs will be discovered in brawl.
The game would at least be more fun in tournies!:chuckle:
(I`m NOT saying it would be better than melee tournies!:ohwell:)

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Yeah, you are probably right man.
But I sure hope some new techs will be discovered in brawl.
The game would at least be more fun in tournies!:chuckle:
(I`m NOT saying it would be better than melee tournies!:ohwell:)

Techs won't fix the physics engine.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
mrmoney: you make me laugh. every single one of those things you mentioned is 100% secondary when making a great game. Gameplay is what matters, and if brawl sucks to play (although I prefer melee, I'm not saying this is true), no amount of characters, good graphics, or stages or anything is going to make it better than melee.
QFT

It's funny how the only thing you mentioned about Melee is the one thing that matters, MrMoney. Brawl has the glamour and Melee has the staying power. Sakurai said it himself that he purposefully designed brawl to be non-competitive, he even gave some pretty uninspiring examples. Basically what he wants from Brawl is 4 year-olds having fun from mashing A against a motionless CPU, and actually went out of his way to make sure that only the most casual of casual gamers enjoy the experience, which I find to be rather insulting.
Also QFT.

Face it people. Brawl SUCKS competitively. I'm sure AT will be found in Brawl. But they won't change the hitstun and floatiness. Combos are gone. Brawl's shallow. Brawl's unfair. Brawl's campy. Brawl is boooring.

Melee FTW. Let's keep it alive, let's host tourneys and be the very best we can.

I'm hosting a tourney nest week. And I literately think. Me and ken are not so far apart now. I only need a little bit training and Ill show the world some day.

Three cheers for one of te greatest fighters around.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
We need to get this moving. Brawl sucks, we know. So let's get Melee going, host some tournies, maybe even a whole new community specifically for Melee. We can get word out by Pro smashers that hate Brawl too. Seriously though, I'm done moping, it's time to act.
Host some tourneys you say
*points @ sig*

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Beab said:
Techs won't fix the physics engine.
NeBz said:
Face it people. Brawl SUCKS competitively. I'm sure AT will be found in Brawl. But they won't change the hitstun and floatiness. Combos are gone. Brawl's shallow. Brawl's unfair. Brawl's campy. Brawl is boooring.
Kwitcher bitchin'

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
yea people lets keep melee alive, y can it? Hasnt marvel vs capcom 2 beeing alive like 12 fking years?

Statuskuo

Smash Rookie
Kwitcher bitchin'
no u

I went to a melee mini-tourney recently, and its just so much more exciting and fun than brawl. I had a few 0-60 combos in melee. Playing brawl, its just so bland: it just boils down to hit, reset, hit, reset, hit, reset.....

I think melee will be able to pull out quite a few more years, if not on a large scale, then on a scale somewhat smaller than before. We were never a massive community anyway, and I kind of like it that way. It keeps the quality high :)

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
yea people lets keep melee alive, y can it? Hasnt marvel vs capcom 2 beeing alive like 12 fking years?
If there were no supporters MVC wouldn't have lasted that long. We are supporting Melee so it can last long.

Top Bottom