• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way To Switch Between Brawl Mods?

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,

Sooooooo here is a thing. Now that there are so many Brawl mods (with different flavors to them) such as Brawl+ Brawl- BBrawl so on so forth, is there any easy way to switch between them? I ask this primarily becuase I like Brawl- AND Brawl+ but having two separate SD cards and methods of loading is a pain in the ***.

I currently use USBloader GX as my primary method of loading, but I own a Brawl disc so if there isn't a USB loader solution I'll take a disc loader solution.

SGTR

Smash Rookie
actually yes there is
its not all too simple but its way easier than making a fully new SD card
so:
1. you know how to format youre SD card, right (private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Fighter), ok good
2. for - fighter.pac's --> in addition to the ...RSBE/pf/Fighter, create a pf/Fighter(-), or a ...RSBE/pf/Fighter(+), whichever you want
3. for - codes --> create a data/gecko/codes/RSBE01.gct, and also a data/gecko/codes(-)/RSBEO1.gct
4. you will aso need Homebrew app called WiiExplorer (available in Homebrew Browser - allows editing and viewing of files through the wii)
5. in order to change the game being played (minus, plus, or balanced) you need to go to HBC and open the WiiExplorer app
6. then change the name of the ....pf/Fighter(-) file to ....pf/Fighter, and change the original ....pf/Fighter to ....pf/Fighter(+)
7. then change the name of the ....gecko/codes(-) to ....gecko/codes, and change the original ....gecko/codes to ....gecko/codes(+)

Works because:
I believe it is because the file patch code (V 3.5.1) uses the directories private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/custom.pac's and having a folder named fighter(-) or fighter(+) in the "pf" folder makes it not be read, similarly to the data/gecko/codes/RSBE01.gct being read by GeckoOS, while the .gct if it is in data/gecko/codes(+)/RSBE01.gct is not read

If you need more clarification then i will put up pictures

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys,

Sooooooo here is a thing. Now that there are so many Brawl mods (with different flavors to them) such as Brawl+ Brawl- BBrawl so on so forth, is there any easy way to switch between them? I ask this primarily becuase I like Brawl- AND Brawl+ but having two separate SD cards and methods of loading is a pain in the ***.

I currently use USBloader GX as my primary method of loading, but I own a Brawl disc so if there isn't a USB loader solution I'll take a disc loader solution.
I do remember seeing something that could be just what you're looking for...
(I haven't tried it myself though, but you could still check the topic anyway, maybe you'll find something useful.)

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. maybe I can make an app.. HAHA, right. I told myself I wouldn't make apps but I actually might for something like this. ;>.>

Ooh, on the other hand, thanks to KL's post I don't think I have to kill myself over making it! That's convenient. ^^

Orrr.. not. Not an app, apparently. e.e; But works nevertheless :D

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
If it weren't for common3.pac only loading at startup then I could make a codeset which would let you switch between all the brawl mods in game with button combinations

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't that mess with the stage expansion code... which brawl+ uses?

I can just use the brawl mod launcher beta and replaced balanced brawl with brawl-

I wonder if anyone can add brawl- support just to make it look pretty

Top Bottom