• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WavePUNCHING - a new technique for aid in mind-games?

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
So I was messin' around with Falco and Fox and thought to myself, "Wow, wouldn't it be great if GANONDORF had something like t3h 1337 Waveshine?" So I began to mess around with the quicker moves of the Ganon and came up with Wavepunching. Yes, that's right; Wavepunching. Similar to the Waveshine, all's ya gots to do is wavedash after the punch (and preferably punch again...or do something much worse...but then it wouldn't be a wavepunch). It's not THAT useful, but it throws in a mindgame after you pull it off once. It really only works at lower percents against characters like Link and Young Link. And, really now, after you punch, you have more (and better!) possibilities than wavedashing and punching again. Like....Wizards Foot.

But, in all honesty, it's really fun to do once (successfully) and then proceed to just wavedash all over the place with the punch. IT'S UNSTOPPABLE!!! :laugh:

I'll try to come up with a list of who this works best against, but it might take a while. In the meantime, y'allz can discuss the usefulness/uselessness of this technique.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
my friend does this with samus. He wavedashs foward and punches, then back, then foward again and punches. It works good if they have the shield up and try to sheild grab.

But unstoppable

phish-it

Smash Champion
I once wavepunched a peach like 3 times in a row into a spike at Smashtality 1 back in August.

Huge.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
pure geniousis what that is I usualy avedash back he wizar foot but forward basic punch is unstopable when there at like 100% nice

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
At first I thought this was a joke topic about the Warlock Punch, but then I realized Ganon had a thunderpunch.. That actually does sound like a good idea, what would it combo into though?

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Lol this is so obvious I found it out in like second grade

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
This is actually an infinite. To turn it around, simply roll behind them and take them the other way. I'd say it's better than wave/drillshining because it looks more manly.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
that doesnt really work
no way its unescapable
ganon's wavedash is too slow and its not like you can jump out of his jab

ThatGuy

Smash Master
02-12-2004, 07:44 PM

Posting time of Shin Ganondorf's guide. If you read it you would see that he already mentioned this technique.

Many topics have arose about this already.

It is old. It is nothing new.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Also, the name is misleading. It should be called "WaveJABBING".

Edit...NAO.

kthnxbai

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
This is actually an infinite. To turn it around, simply roll behind them and take them the other way. I'd say it's better than wave/drillshining because it looks more manly.
Gdorf is the most manly character in the game. Simply put, hes packin. Just check out that sleek bod. :chuckle: This infinite makes him even more manly then ever before. Stop debating it, it's here and its going to ****.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I'll wavepunch you, if you don't edit the title...

oh wait...

spyhunter

Smash Rookie
hi, I new here I hear you say you can wave punch right. But,I can wave Warlock Punch it anwsome!!! and It is easy too.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
can we please not compare ganons jab to wavedash to jab to fox's waveshining...

theyre on a different level...

as in wavepunching:waveshining::mewtwo:fox

edit: except even a god wavepuncher cant beat an okay waveshine

gtfo

Smash Apprentice
Cool idea, but this has been around for awhile though. Im impressed that you thought of it yourself, eventhough its already been done, Props to you.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
this can't be an infinate unless they're against a wall or something the knockback on the punch is way to high but it is a good slap-in-the-face insult to ur opponents! 8)

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Is it really neccisary to assign names to such simple stuff? Think about it; you're trying to put a name on using an A move after a wavedash. If it's like that, why don't we just come up with names for everything?

Waveland off the edge into a stomp: SUPER SLIPSTOMP!!
Pivoted U-smash: DODONGO DRAGON RUSH!!!
D-tilt into F-air: BLACK HORROR COMBO!!!!
Waveland off a platform into B-air: GERUDO TWISTER!!!!!
Stomp into F-air: FORTY HELL BUTTERFLIES COMBO!!!!!!
Using two dash attacks in a row: G-MAN FURY WINDMILL!!!!!!!

HHIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
The shine is the fastest move in the game. You're going to need a video of you doing it as a combo b/f you can chain it's better than wave/drill shining.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
idk if is an ifinite but I was annoying my friend who uses fox and kept him at bay with this haha

marthsword

Smash Ace
Why is anyone saying it is an infinite? True, some so called "infinites" are not truly infinites, but those are mostly ledge stalls. The reason it can't be an ininite is mainly because at a certain percentage, the opponent falls from the jab. It's like you can't waveshine jiggz/falco/roy/M2 and everyone else who falls from the shine. Oh yeah, and to the guy who says that you jab at the end of the stage, roll behind them, and jab in the other direction, that won't work. Obviously.

- Marthsword Out

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Klowne, didn't Shin name his combos like that?
I've never heard of him, but I tried to make the attacks sound cliched, so maybe someone else already used them. Though, 'Gerudo Twister' sounded kind of familliar to me when i said it, i obviously based 'G-man Fury Windmill' off that whole Samus Windmill of Fury fad, and the hell butterfly thing is from Bleach.

Top Bottom