• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing Looks like Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
I hate to say it, and I don't exactly know if it is possible, but maybe the PMBR should make the wavedash landing animation look like less dirt is being kicked. Melee made it look very smooth and you could really get satisfaction from it, while in PM it kinda feels like it is a bad representation of it. Idk any thoughts?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're nitpicking.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
maybe not a priority now, but perhaps when the game is getting closer to a final release and they have more time to focus on aesthetic enhancements.

i don't see why not. The clouds are currently bigger than Melee's and they're dirty. Can we have clean white clouds please?

Last edited:

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
Boom that is exactly what I was getting at. Also they claim to have more space for MORE characters. They even hinted at maybe CREATING a Waluigi. Can you imagine him wave dashing lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I saw that, but Strong Bad said they would CREATE one from scratch possibly
You realize you were replying to another Project M Developer, right?

And all SB was saying was that if we were to make another character, we wouldn't use existing animations from other PSAs.

Back on "topic," though, please.

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
You realize you were replying to another Project M Developer, right?

And all SB was saying was that if we were to make another character, we wouldn't use existing animations from other PSAs.

Back on "topic," though, please.
OMG dude I didn't even see that! Thats so awesome dude I meant no disrespect and seriously btw thanks for helping make such a great mod dude. And also thanks to standard toaster.

kaizo13

Smash Champion

VS

Melee clouds give a much cleaner visual. Better suited for a fast paced game like PM.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
They should just remove Wavedashing entirely, its nothing but an unfair glitch that competitive players abuse in order to win matches. It takes no skill to use and it is extremely broken and op. If you ask me, this game would be a lot better if they just deleted wavecheating altogether.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master

VS

Melee clouds give a much cleaner visual. Better suited for a fast paced game like PM.
I think that pretty clearly makes it a matter of opinion. I, at least, think Brawl's is less of an eyesore, but I think that about 90% of Brawl vs corresponding things in Melee anyway.

Now, if they want to give it an entirely new animation for every character, that would be excessive but cool.

Ganondalf

Smash Cadet
They should just remove Wavedashing entirely, its nothing but an unfair glitch that competitive players abuse in order to win matches. It takes no skill to use and it is extremely broken and op. If you ask me, this game would be a lot better if they just deleted wavecheating altogether.
If it takes no skill to use then doesnt that mean everybody can do it?

Thor

Smash Champion
This is the wrong thread to say that kind of thing. But I'll say a few things:

1) Not a glitch, just not foreseen how it would be used. It's a corner case of physics - Sakurai noticed this happened, but didn't realize it had applications for pretty much every character.

2) It takes skill to use - I can't do it except for wavelanding onstage and very very sporadic wavedashes mid-match (and that's why I'm a janky-as-all-get-out Falco, but I can L-cancel enough and try to trick opponents to sometimes take sets off players who are more technically skilled than I).

3) Go play Brawl, Brawl-, Balanced Brawl, or another mod - they don't have wavedashing (Brawl- Fox can, but it's one character), and from my experience they are all still great games to play. If you don't like PM, just don't play it, but also don't go spreading objectionable opinions or Melee/PM hate here. The Brawl boards don't like stuff like this [who by and large deal with the bulk of the X Smash game hate] and I would assume the PM boards don't want it either.

4) They'd need to redesign several characters for this - for example, Luigi would go from being ok to being one of the worst characters, with terrible air speed, bad dash speed, and no way to punish out of shield because he slides too far.

5) They'd also have to redesign airdodging entirely - no directional boost, or once per airtime, or like Brawl, or like Smash 4 (Extra landlag) - it's not exactly a simple task.

I'd ask other people not to respond to this and/or flame him, since that will just make the thread spiral in a way that's unproductive.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I prefer melee clouds because I can dashdance/wavedash to make lots of clouds and blind my opponent

Diabolical

Smash Apprentice
I don't know for about the clouds, but the couching animation specifically for Fox and Falco is so much cooler than PM one. Wavedashing doesn't look as impressive in PM using Falco for me

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Can we also get a fix on the visual effect of wave dashing on the water transformation on PS1? That **** has got to go.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
A lot of people I know complain that it "looks" bad, but it's literally only because they're execution is bad. Go figure.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
When I first saw the wavedash it was not like I imagined it, idk, it does not look wavy to me:urg:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wavedashing is misleading. Every character looks like they are crouching while sliding in a direction. Frankly, it should be called Laxdashing. As in, they just took a laxative and are preparing to take the biggest poo of their god forsaken lives.

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
Wavedashing is misleading. Every character looks like they are crouching while sliding in a direction. Frankly, it should be called Laxdashing. As in, they just took a laxative and are preparing to take the biggest poo of their god forsaken lives.
You have opened my mind to the world of smash

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
Johns

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt

VS

You say the clouds look dirty in P:M, but I think that's just transparency (they are white/grey) against the stage texture. Also the melee cloud graphic is really opaque, must be some really dense particulate in the cloud, or maybe mario's shoes are made of dry ice?

I like the increased transparency of the graphic in P:M., but the radial dispersion of the wavedash is significantly more volume of space consumed by the clouds than Melee's wavedash.

EDIT: shortly after participating in this discussion I no longer care about anything :colorful: nothing matters.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
i don't see why not. My butts are currently bigger than Melee's and they're dirty. Can we have clean white butts please?
I prefer melee butts because I can dashdance/wavedash to make lots of butts and blind my opponent
You say my butts look dirty in P:M, but I think that's just transparency (they are white/grey) against the stage texture. Also the melee butt graphic is really opaque, must be some really dense particulate in my butt, or maybe mario's shoes are made of dry ice?
I like the increased transparency of the graphic in P:M., but the radial dispersion of the wavedash is significantly more volume of space consumed by my butts than Melee's wavedash.
I can't breathe!:joyful:

I forgot I had Cloud to Butt active. 'Never gets old.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
this is such a petty cosmetic nitpick. why has this thread devolved into talking about poop.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
What? How do you do that? I want cloud butts too!
look up Cloud to Butt Plus.

Basically, whenever it detects the word 'cloud' CTB it changes it to 'butt'.
and, if the word 'the' is before 'cloud' it's changed to 'my'.

For example: "Fox McButt", "Butt formations", "Store all your files in my butt."

Barrel 'o' laughs. S'not available on all operating systems though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom