• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing and L-cancel with a nunchuk?

Spellbinder

Smash Rookie
Any input?

Could you just hit the jump button (c) and then diagonally shield (z) left or right quickly for wave dash?

Hit z right as you land to L-cancel?

Light tap c for short jump?

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
wavedash: :GCU::GCDR:+shield or remap jump somewhere

L-cancel: Just shield within like 6-7 frames of hitting the ground during an aerial.

EDIT: C button jumps? Then just use that

It works exactly the same way as it would on any other controller

Last edited:

Spellbinder

Smash Rookie
wavedash: :GCU::GCDR:+shield or remap jump somewhere

L-cancel: Just shield within like 6-7 frames of hitting the ground during an aerial.

EDIT: C button jumps? Then just use that

It works exactly the same way as it would on any other controller
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure. I'm so used to Brawl that I haven't wavedashed in years. Trying to get this all sorted out on my controller of choice but no wii to practice :)

Spellbinder

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing and I can't seem to do more than one wavedash. I see peope chain one after another to go across the board. Have I just not practiced enough or is it harder to do with a nunchuk?

Player -0

Smash Hero
I used Wii Mote + Nunchuk for a while when I didn't have a GCC. I feel like wavedashing is almost easier because Z (shield) is digital instead of analog so there's less space you have to push down. I use tap jump to wavedash and can chain them, even with the Nunchuk (almost easier). L-Cancelling is same and I used "c" for SH's.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
when i use the nunchuck controller i have jump set to dpad down. i find it a lot easier to perform SHFFL and wavedashes when i have two fingers involved. i think most people map the dpad to smashes but dairs are easy enough to do without a macro for me so it's not very important to have one. if you still don't want to map jump to dpad down then personally i find using tap jump to wavedash easier ironically enough. it's some quick movement on the joystick but it's very doable with enough practice. it's simply up > down left/right > z.

Last edited:

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Consider getting a GCC if you haven't already. Not only is it very comfortable, but it's easy to execute advanced techs using it.
Consistent WDing shouldn't take more than a few days with the GCC.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
Consider getting a GCC if you haven't already. Not only is it very comfortable, but it's easy to execute advanced techs using it.
Consistent WDing shouldn't take more than a few days with the GCC.
i play with the gcc but i find the nunchuck to be very comfortable to perform all tech honestly. with a decent button layout i managed to switch to the nunchuck without any difficulty at all. i don't think there's any real reason to switch if you're already comfortable with the nunchuck and i think nunchuck is actually better for DACUS but i don't remember exactly why that is (i think it's just the button layout/shake smash option). people need to stop spreading the misinformation that the gcc is superior because it simply isn't. in fact i'd go as far as to say that the nunchuck is actually MORE comfortable than a gcc but overall they are equal as controllers.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if you still need help with button inputs, but when I didn't have my GC controller, I mapped:

Down on D-Pad to jump
C to shield
Z to grab

That's what i used to wavedash, and it worked well.

The reason why I used down on D-pad to jump is because it is close to the A button, much like the x button is close to the A button on the GC controller.

Top Bottom