• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wats Luigi downB gonna be!

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Let me start off by stating dat i'm so happy to see Luigi's return. He's my best in both 64 and melee. I plan to keep him and Peach at the top again, dis time including Diddy wit them... ok let me get back on point.

Since Mario's downB was changed, i'm worried their gonna do the same wit him. I mean the only other downB move I can think of him getting is the vacuum. I mean i can except change (hopefully dats all dat they change) but I really find his tornado move a crapload more useful then Mario's. Anyone else agrees or have another opinion?

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
It will probably remain unchanged. Marios's one changed so it could be different. All of Luigi's other moves are different enough from Mario's now.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Luigi's will be the opposite of Mario's down B.

Mario's Down B = Uses FLUDD to knock back other players

Luigi's Down B = Uses Poltergust 3000 to suck in other players.

Seems pretty self explanatory :p

Folt

Smash Ace
I'm actually ok with Down B being changed. I actually want Luigi to have some kind of
electric projectile attack as his neutral B move that has properties similiar to Dr. Mario's
Megavitamins.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
As said, it's the cyclone again. Pity, I was really hoping they'd give Luigi the vacuum and a more unique move.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Yay!! this is GREAT NEWS! Hmm honestly i was getting use to thinking that it was gonna most def change, but now thats all out the door. I did like the idea that folt said tho.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
No vaccum? I'm rather dissapointed. I mean it's great that he didn't change I guess but I also wanted a slightly different Luigi in Brawl rather than a carbon copy. Faster fire balls is good though. Clearly he's still "fabulous" so I wont have to change my technique (which didn't involve abusing the programing anyway). But I can't help but feel like they are short changing Luigi by not making some "improvements". It looks like they took effort into making Mario a better character but they left Luigi as is? Not that I give a crap about tier lists but that's sure to put Luigi even further down especially without wavedashing...

Darn it, Luigi needs more respect. Such poor portrayal of him makes me want to revert back to my Mario hate'n days.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I'm sort of glad Luigi's moves are the same. In a way, it's continuing to Declone him.... if Mario has a backpack operated device for down B, wouldn't it be a little clonish for Luigi to have his backpack operated device for down B too?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm sort of glad Luigi's moves are the same. In a way, it's continuing to Declone him.... if Mario has a backpack operated device for down B, wouldn't it be a little clonish for Luigi to have his backpack operated device for down B too?
I still wish that the other moves could have been changed. Thunderhand would have fit Luigi so much more than the old fireball.

But if they can't even change Falco or Ganondorf how in the world can I expect Luigi to be any different? -_-

Sontrowa

Smash Rookie
Down B is his cyclone. But in his FS video it seems to give lift a lot more lift.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Aw man,.... I was really expecting him to have the Poltergust. Oh well, no point pouting about it. Luigi's still awsome anyway.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how his forward Smash came to be? I Couldn't see it yet. I'm hoping the thunderhand gets in some form or way.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I'm more upset that it shows that Sakurai didn't really try on like the last few characters.

Froggle

Smash Rookie
His down b now gives him more height than his up b, and he can even follow it with an up b. His recovery is massively improved because of this.
I was hoping that he'd have his Mario Bros 2/Mario 64 DS flutter jump that you could hold the B button for, like Peach's floating, but this sounds decent enough.

It's a shame they didn't take away the horrid green fireball, make the tornado his neutral b move and the Poltergust his down B move.

Still sounding awesome though :)

Top Bottom