• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch Japan's Crazy New Smash Bros. 3DS Commercial

BlabCrab

Smash Rookie
I think this would scare kids in japan rather than making them want to buy it lol

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
What's that word he keeps saying "f-tobus"? I can't make it out. Japanese for K.O. I guess.

link2702

Smash Champion
So, you're telling me this is going to be the official name? No "Super Smash Bros. Clash" or "Super Smash Bros. Tussle".

I mean, I know those sound dumb, but some synonyms would sound good. This is just straight up lazy.
This has been the official name for quite some time, what cave have you been hiding in?

But seriously its actually clever.

its the FOURTH smash in the series.

its being released for 2 different systems...

Smash FOR 3DS
smash FOR wii U

smash FOUR 3ds
smash FOUR wiiu

its a pun on words due to it being the 4th game as well as it being released on two systems.

SO its actually kind of creative on their part.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I saw the commercial this morning! I nearly flipped out.

Hero_of_Time95

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1511-5654
Does anyone else remember the amazing dance commercial for Legend of Zelda? :D Dear god I need to go to Japan.

AutumnFox

Smash Rookie
NNID
ghost_
3DS FC
2020-0198-0608
Switch FC
SW-3974-1854-1008
Real life. BANNED!

KatKit

Smash Lord
I haven't watched this new commercial yet because the last Japanese Nintendo commercial I saw became an addiction. I watched it countless times. I could not stop. I don't know if I'm ready to go through that again.

Edit: @ Hero_of_Time95 Hero_of_Time95 : Who can forget something like that?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So, you're telling me this is going to be the official name? No "Super Smash Bros. Clash" or "Super Smash Bros. Tussle".

I mean, I know those sound dumb, but some synonyms would sound good. This is just straight up lazy.
Super Smash Bros. Tea Party Tussle and Super Sonic Racing would've been too long of a title.

Hero_of_Time95

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1511-5654
I haven't watched this new commercial yet because the last Japanese Nintendo commercial I saw became an addiction. I watched it countless times. I could not stop. I don't know if I'm ready to go through that again.

Edit: @ Hero_of_Time95 Hero_of_Time95 : Who can forget something like that?
Yes!! That's the one I was talking about! Brilliant :D

MoHarp

Smashin' Bass Guitars
NNID
MoHarp
Switch FC
SW 3796 8060 8415
Yup. That's exactly what happens when my friends and I play Smash...

PlayR489

Smash Cadet
NNID
PlayR489
If we had an American ad, it would probably be some generic ad with little kids and their parents, like 3d world.
Nah... not parents I would say an AD with a bunch of kids on their 2DSes playing smash being like "my 2DS is a way for me to play smash anywhere..... anytime!' It still will be lame and generic like any other american nintendo commericals. :demon::(

Top Bottom