• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wat to do?

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
I hate fighting guys that attack a lot faster then me like fox falco.

Also people with swords nock me back alot.

How can i fight these type of guys?

pockyD

Smash Legend
you can punish untipped fsmash from marth by wd out of shield

vs fox and falco you have to use your WD to control your spacing; straight up dashing or jumping is what makes you slower than them and gets you killed

uair is your friend there too

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Your question is really vague. How do I fight -insert character here-?

Could you tell us of some of the things which are harming you? Are you getting shinespiked? Tipped? Lasered to hell? Or better yet, can you upload a couple of matches? That would really help us point out any mistakes we may see.

If not, you need to be more specific as to what things are getting you killed.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
space animals??!???

xD there's a learning process to playing against fox and falco. i advise practicing combos on level 1 space animals on FD, so you get a feel for how to combo them. then start playing against players and focus on the grab and combo game... and instill every technique that may stop you from grabbing him in your head, and memorize the matchup.

some individual tips for each:

fox
- his ground shine isn't as devastating as you'd think. it simply moves you out of his way. if it separates your ice climbers, then you might be in trouble... just hope that he doesn't kill nana.
- practice combos against fox with one ice climber. this is ESSENTIAL to your survival and will give you a great amount of knowledge on basic approaches and aerial use for both 1 ice climber and 2.
- don't use side B too much if he figures out he can CC usmash you.

falco:
- ice blocks are your anti-SHL. if he spams you, spam him back. it'll keep the pressure game up and will also probably keep him close to you, where he is in great danger.
- if you have a chance to dsmash or fsmash, do so. you can easily kill falco at 50% with good edge guards
- manipulate his recovery... ice blocks, ledge dairs, spaced fsmashes, dsmashes on the sweetspot.. etc. heck, blizzard if you want. whatever works.

both space animals:
- attempt 0 to death on every grab. it's not worth it to just grab him and not kill him.

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
wats wd ? i never got wat it means

besides this thx for the tip ^_^

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
wats wd ? i never got wat it means

besides this thx for the tip ^_^
When you grab someone try making it like your last grab, learn to chain grab and do blizzard while grabbing, then throw down and d-smash. Also try doing some neat tricks i use like,
roll back then press B. Nana should throw ice and wavedash behind it, your oponent will most likely try to block so grab him and start your sweet IC's combos. WD a lot, like crazy, confuse them, also LD (land dash) a lot to confuse him. If its against marth its pretty much the same thing, get the grab and beat the crap out of them lol.

Top Bottom