• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Lucina the Killing Blow for Roy?

Did Lucina deconfirm Roy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Do you think that Lucina's reveal destroyed all chances of Roy's inclusion in SSB4? Feel free to vote and discuss your personal opinion.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
In my opinion? Absolutely. I honestly don't see us getting 5 FE characters with 3 that have Marth's moveset, not in this game at least.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
in b4 moved to lucina/roy discussion/locked

Hes better off in a dlc pack at this rate. Cant be skin as he has different stats than Marth. (Which Lucina is basically, just without flames.)

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Destroyed all chances? No. Most chances, yes, but not all.

In my opinion? Absolutely. I honestly don't see us getting 5 FE characters with 3 that have Marth's moveset, not in this game at least.
Unlikely, but not unprecedented. We did get three character based off Fox's moveset in Brawl.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
I think it was more the fact that the Fire Emblem reveal has already happened that's put the nail in the coffin for Roy. I can't see them doing that sort of a reveal with all playable FE characters and THEN including Roy later unless they did like, a "returning veterans" reveal and he was there.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Destroyed all chances? No. Most chances, yes, but not all.

Unlikely, but not unprecedented. We did get three character based off Fox's moveset in Brawl.
Good point, although those three clones all function quite differently IMO compared to most clones (or at least Wolf does) and Lucina seems to be near identical to Marth. If Roy had some uniqueness about him then maybe I could see him in the games

Morbi

Scavenger
Not necessarily; she does not have that much of an influence on Roy as he could always come back as an original character or as DLC. It is presumptuous to assert that "five" Fire Emblem characters will not happen. Everyone, including myself, proclaimed that Fire Emblem would only get one newcomer. We were wrong then, and we could certainly be wrong now.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily; she does not have that much of an influence on Roy as he could always come back as an original character or as DLC. It is presumptuous to assert that "five" Fire Emblem characters will not happen. Everyone, including myself, proclaimed that Fire Emblem would only get one newcomer. We were wrong then, and we could certainly be wrong now.
I like the way you think

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
We never know what Sakurai is thinking. Maybe he'll go troll mode and add him just to surprise everyone (Seriously! Who saw Robin coming?!) I also agree with the dlc thing Morbid mentioned. Ill pay anything just to play as our boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom