• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was is worth it?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
This is addressing to all those who have brawl, whatever version it might be.

Was it worth modding your wii, importing the game, etc?

It seems a good amount of people have the game, and I'm just wondering either how you pulled it off, how much money or work it took you to get it, just stuff like that.

Also, are you going to get the american version of brawl?

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
it WOULD have been worth it if the game actually worked. mind you i do have a japanese wii, although brawl still didn't work. i kept getting the disc read error. and while i'm working to solve the problem, everyday that goes by is a waste of me importing in the first place. the sooner it gets to the american release the bigger the waste is. this is a shame.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
This is addressing to all those who have brawl, whatever version it might be.

Was it worth modding your wii, importing the game, etc?

It seems a good amount of people have the game, and I'm just wondering either how you pulled it off, how much money or work it took you to get it, just stuff like that.

Also, are you going to get the american version of brawl?
It took like $30 total and it was entirely worth it.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I have loads of VC games and not enough money to mod/import a Wii and Brawl. Modding would be too risky for me with all these firmware updates and risk of Wii breaking (not to mention I would lose my guarantee...)

So I don't think it would be worth it.

Myztek

Smash Ace
Modding, after buying tools, chip, soldering equipment, etc was about $40.

The only thing that was a major pain in the *** was installing the chip myself. It took me four hours and it was one of the most tedious and difficult things I've ever done.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I had a jWii for a while and two other games, so it was just the cost of the game.

And I can read Japanese.

So no problems whatsoever.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I didn't do it, purely because i didn't want to risk my Wii, and I don't have the money for ANYTHING going wrong, right now.

Moochero

Smash Cadet
I think it was worth it for sure. My friends and I all just pitched in together to get all the goods (although I ended up paying the most), so money wasn't really a factor.

Top Bottom