• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warning to Amazon per-orders

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm ecstatic about the release of SSBB over here in the good old UK and have had it pre-ordered from Amazon for a year and a half now. I was wondering how my package was doing so I checked it's status. This is what I found:
Amazon.co.uk said:
Delivery estimate: 3 Jul 2008 - 10 Jul 2008
WHAT! I can't wait 6-13 extra days for Brawl! That's preposterous! As soon as I can I'm going to cancel the order and get it from GAME who promise delivery for the 27th, that's more like it.

I'm making this post to warn all Amazonians to check there pre-order status. Don't get duped into waiting a week longer for Brawl, cancel your order while you can and save yourself.

~N-pie

[Edit] See post #4 for the great news [/EDIT]

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's what I hate about ebay and amazon, shipping always takes too long. Overnight shipping is not exactly next day delivery, priority mail takes up to 3 days to receive, and the 5 business days delivery can take up to 2 weeks to receive. But these are just my experiences, maybe others have better luck.
Also, I think the gas money to drive to the game shop is less than the shipping prices.

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm going to defend Amazon here. It's Cheaper than in store and has free delivery. Also, I normally get my games early, once 3 days before the release date! But in this instance I'm ordering elsewhere.

~N-pie

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
OK, so I decided to give Amazon a fair trail, I didn't cancel my order. And low and behold the game has been dispatched. This means it's VERY likely that Brawl will arrive tomorrow, in time for it's release date, but it may still be a day late. I don't mind either way, as long as I get to play it before Sunday, I'm happy.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I had pre-ordered from Amazon, but then canceled it earlier this week after finding out about another site that has it for £29.99 with free next-day delivery, and ships the day they get stock. The result was a happy day of playing a day before the official release :)

Top Bottom