• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you have to buffer it for it to be inescapable though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
actually he can.

Just listen to me, buffer it on DK too.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
of course you'd want to buffer it if you can.

and DK can get out if you just mess up o_O

you can mess up when not buffering too

idk though, i always buffer so w.e

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Eh the only character i cant CG is falco. Which makes the matchup kinda difficult for me. But do we know what were doing about this yet?

Dyno i have more clips after tonight if your still taking them. Oh, and why were you at the tournament tonight, i got fifth and i wanted to play you =[

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Eh the only character i cant CG is falco. Which makes the matchup kinda difficult for me. But do we know what were doing about this yet?

Dyno i have more clips after tonight if your still taking them. Oh, and why were you at the tournament tonight, i got fifth and i wanted to play you =[
the timing is exactly the same on every character

MalcolmM

Smash Lord

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Malcom I like the reads.

One thing I notice from Ally is that he likes to try and interrupt your combos with a really quick aerial or he airdodges and buffers an Utilt/attack when he gets to the ground. If you think he will do either of those, assuming you aren't higher from the ground than a full hop and you are at least decending, you should think about airdodging yourself instead of trying to beat out his actions with a well timed aerial.

So say he's falling, you are right under him within Uair range. He is fast falling. If you are not too high in the air, Airdodging beats that out pretty well. If he misses, he's gonna fall to the ground and experience landing lag. He probably will hit the ground a bit sooner than you will, but you can still punish him from that spot with a grab/fart/Fsmash/whatever. If he's in that spot falling fast and you think he will go for say a buffered Utilt to hit you before you land, you can beat that out by airdodging right as he is about to land. If he goes for the Utilt, your airdodge should keep you safe long enough to avoid it as you fall so you can punish. If he doesn't buffer an attack, you can try to get closer to him/back off depending on what the situation calls for and still remain fairly safe.

Aside from that, you did good. I would try to Uthrow a tad less when you have him closer to the edge of the stage, and Dthrowing him so he lands on a tiny portion of the edge is very powerful if you play your cards right.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You had a chance to get an easy bite gimp on him in the first stock of the first game, after you faired him you could've buffered into a couple jabs to keep him from snapping the ledge.

Only really big issue I see is way too much spotdodging. Snake has a super fast jab and the two hit ftilt, so, while you may get away with a dodge once in a while, he'd do a lot of damage by punishing those. I guess also make sure you get rid of those dsmashes while you're still invincible. Leaving them on stage is usually not a great idea.

I did like your low percent upthrow > upair, might have to borrow that (it'll be repayment for using jab > fsmash :p).

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
@ DMG: Yeah. Elliot stays throwing out these random bairs when most snakes would airdodge. It reaaaaaaaaally messes me up. I try to bait it, but then he airdodges. He's so annoying. I will tryyyyy to bait more and get a waft off tho...that would be insanely helpful. Any sort of fart kill would be pleasant.

@PX: I do need to stop doing it as often tho. The first time I played Elliot (like 3 months ago) he was REALLY REALLY REALLY messed up by the massive spotdodging, but as usual, he's picking up on ways around it. (And it completely fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked my DI on one of those stocks lol). I'll work on it. What should I do instead of spotdodging? Just space better so I dont land in those positions or like roll away or what?

@Slik: I had to go for it. If he made it back onto the stage he would have killed me. He's more patient. I undoubtedly would have made a "read" on him, got super excited, f-smashed his shield and died.

@TBDC: 3rd game I was just...IDK. Aggro and impatient. It went super super bad until last stock around mid %s lol.

Any stages I should take Snake 2? He obviously banned Brinstar. I was considering Yoshi's, Castle Siege, BF, Pokestadium...anyone have success on those or some stage I didnt mention? I beat him previously on Yoshi's, but then the next time we played he got all in me on Yoshi's, so I didnt try it this time. I will also be marking off Delfino lol. I have no idea where to take him once he bans Brinstar x.X

U guys think I shoulda used bite more? I was testing him by double jumping and he seemed to randomly roll behind me if he felt really pressured so I didnt go for many in fear of the grab/21% FTilt, but is the risk worth the reward?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Don't do Castle Siege, the lighting makes it hard to see explosions, his dthrow kills you if he does it over an open area during a transformation, third stage is FD (bad), first stage has platforms just the right height for him to hide under. PS1 isn't too bad b/c there's lots of stage support in avoiding his explosions and such as long as you keep track of his stuff and realize that it shifts around during transes.

Yoshi's is solid if you play carefully, make sure to approach him from whichever side is "open" and don't get uptilted while on the platform :\ Rainbow is pretty good if you avoid him once the stage has reached the top and just fight during the rising and ship portions. BF is alright (better than most neutrals).

Ideally you'll space out of his range so you won't have to spotdodge too much and then won't get punished for it as often... especially since he is a very in your face Snake and not just stage control and explosion oriented. Dodging is doable, just don't do it predictably (like everything). Also, he likes backairing and upairing, if you hit him with the gas from waft, it beats both of those moves out entirely, so that would've been a good way to land them. You can try to roll if he's committed to a move, but, I'm sure as you know, Wario's roll is crap, lol.

I say definitely attempt the bite if you're facing offstage. Getting Snake out there is a god send. If you can read his rolls, get that pivot bite in.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHWwR1wLvM

Critiques?

Please don't stop watching after the beginning of the 1st match. My game picks up after about 30 sec in.
I think the second match was a lot better than the first one. I would say air dodge spot dodge and roll a lot less. Although some of the rolling may have been accidental. There's nothing wrong with a character hitting your shield especially Ike. Also there were times where you were air dodging just to air dodge. Which is what a lot of people do but if you do need to air dodge then don't keep all of your options open and your ability to punish. So try not to commit to anything too soon. Also the dairs you need to work on landing laglessly with the dairs otherwise the usefulness and combo ability of the move is pretty much negated. Your throws you fthrew a lot. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing however their are times when bthrow would of gotten Ike off stage. So don't forget to take that into account and gimp him. Also don't neglect dthrow even though it doesn't CG on Ike it still puts you into a good position. Get a read off your opponent from a dthrow then take advantage of the next time around.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright cool. Thanks.

I just started playing him seriously a few days ago and he's so fun. I'll remember your advice next time I break him out.

Padô

Smash Lord
Try to use a little more bairs. For example: on Ike's second stock of the first game moments after he charged the Eruption you should have Bair'd him, you'd have killed him easier, remember that bair is one of the best spacing moves for Wario. Try to SH Dair sometimes when in close combat it usually shield pokes or Nair and land on the opponents back.

Oh, and try not to AirDodge through you opponent and fart sometimes it gets really predictable resulting into a perfect shield :( and bites get a little difficult when playing against character that have a good range so take care, your bites got a good purpose but not a good effect try to improve this a little bit by the way the falling bites were nice too try just to fast fall em :)

I really preferred the second match. You used Uair/Bair a LOT better which is AWESOME. Against Ike try to UThrow sometimes you can abuse him very easily in the air with any of your aerials.

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
I never post here :(

Sorry guys.

Here is me gettin wrecked by Elliot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdbdyXapc1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux-4ztPJ8WU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QAIrL6mc-Q

Game 3 I just DI'd into him the entire time...no patience @ all. That Elliot is a clever one. IDK why I went Delfino...I was just feelin it. I didnt land a waft the entire set O.o

Anything aside from that would be looooovely

:040:
FWIW, good **** taking the first game off him. I learned a ton watching these vids, especially how to approach. Looking forward to more, man.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Hey there, I'm a new Wario main! Can someone play me then record/upload the replays?

This would be greatly appreciated, please aim me at UNBFFBRIAN if you want.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
ummm whats with the Wario in the intermission?
the **** is part of the ending of fight club.

oh and funny story i did a search on youtube for "snap wario"

and that video came up. with the title "wario snap dancing"

so i downloaded and thought it appropriate.

hope you guys like it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hi guys.
I don't know if it's the right thread, but Bassem asked me to post recent glutonnys matches when I have some.
Well glutonny went 3rd out of 83 at bushi impact 10 (paris' monthlies) last sunday, and here are the vids against Kaos and Leon (just search them in the youtube channel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJOaH1VSmI&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM
I'll add this vid to the first page but I don't hunt down vids from youtube to add.

first page updated.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hi guys.
I don't know if it's the right thread, but Bassem asked me to post recent glutonnys matches when I have some.
Well glutonny went 3rd out of 83 at bushi impact 10 (paris' monthlies) last sunday, and here are the vids against Kaos and Leon (just search them in the youtube channel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJOaH1VSmI&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM
Thanks so much tekk!:)

If it wouldnt be too much trouble, could you please post again the next time more videos of gluttony get uploaded? Thanks!

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Top Bottom