• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Labernash

Smash Lord
Ah yes take shots at me how I miss smashboards. *sigh* I haven't been into smash lately but can you tell me which tournies you've finished in the money in ? Then can you also tell me how losing 2 of Wario best Cp's doesn't hurt him when characters like Marth d3 falco and IC are being played I can't forget falco either. But yeah it's whatever.
DK boards are nicer. But slow. =(

Orion*

Smash Researcher
/namesearch but jesus like this whole post was garbage im sorry

You can say whatever you want to about winning or neutrals or having as much pride as you want about whatever I could really give 2 ****s. I'll use w/e advantage I can get if it increases my chances to win.

I'm not saying it's impossible to win any of these MU's on a neutral it just becomes that much harder and becomes slanted in other characters favor which is bull****.
You have to win on a nuetral or your opponents CP to win a set anyway. You're current behavior is just scrubby and looking to new short term wins against bad players. Instead look at the long term and just try and be proficient overall

If they're going to remove Brinstar and RC then you might as well ban Delfino and Halberd. While we're at it lets just say **** it and adopt japans stage list and play on FD BF and SV that's where it's headed.
Now it just looks like you're throwing a temper tantrum. "I can't have it my way so I'm going to ***** wawawawawa"

Also the reason why I wouldn't attend said tourney is because those stages are banned and because I wouldn't want to go into a tourney with a tourney stage list that is handicapping my character.
lmfao like. the amount of difference those stages should make should be almost nothing on your overall placing... if it's actually that significant you probably aren't placing high anyway.

Not a stage list that isn't general accepted with in the community and damn sure not a tourney that is a major. Also all this stage list does is increase the number of MK's since he still has 2 legit CP's. Stay classy Lord chair.
Explain why there's less MKs in EU then. LMAO like fighting metaknight on delfino rather than brinstar for most characters is VERY different.

Also. Shoutouts to Apex having Brins banned iirc.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
While I'm all for Brinstar being banned, I don't like the decision of making Rainbow Cruise banned. I think RC is considerably less ridiculous.

Either way, Wario does more than fine on the stages without long platforms overhead.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
While I'm all for Brinstar being banned, I don't like the decision of making Rainbow Cruise banned. I think RC is considerably less ridiculous.

Either way, Wario does more than fine on the stages without long platforms overhead.
*shrug*

like regardless of your stage philosophy though, i don't think it would make or break your placings very much

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You have to win on a nuetral or your opponents CP to win a set anyway. You're current behavior is just scrubby and looking to new short term wins against bad players. Instead look at the long term and just try and be proficient overall.
I don't recall saying you didn't have to win on a neutral. I do recall saying how much more bull**** it becomes fighting games like d3 falco diddy or IC. Wario's MU's are stage dependent and when you start ban all these stages his MU's become more and more into his opponents favor. It's not just Wario who suffers from this though. Then when I win on a neutral the amount of stages I can CP a character to becomes even less.

Now it just looks like you're throwing a temper tantrum. "I can't have it my way so I'm going to ***** wawawawawa"
Nothing wrong with throwing a temper tantrum every know and again right?

lmfao like. the amount of difference those stages should make should be almost nothing on your overall placing... if it's actually that significant you probably aren't placing high anyway.
There's a big difference actually that those stages have on a MU. Some of Wario's MU's are really stage dependent and now I have to be bother to fight on some characters favorite stage. I'd rather not go through it for 3 rounds.

Explain why there's less MKs in EU then. LMAO like fighting metaknight on delfino rather than brinstar for most characters is VERY different.
I would explain it but I really don't want to get into a big argument with EU.

Na not even no props to Apex for that. I'd give Apex prop if they banned MK.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, it works if you catch them off-guard, but, realistically, they should just SDI up on reaction. Many don't, though, heh.

Gichan

Smash Champion
well you wouldn't have posted chaingrabbin is gay without knowing we'd say"CHAINGRAB!" lolol but whatever, you coulda taken it with it easily.

but you didn't even need the CG to win, in the second and third matches he stole your momentum by baiting you with your own bike. That ****ing sucks, I know that feeling, ever since incorporating tires into my own game I find i do so much to get it out; taking damage from projectiles from trying to break the bike, to them covering my landing when i attempt to get the bike, to them using the damn tires against me. If it wasn't for those crucial moments, where he snuck the most damage on you, things would have been different. The worst part is, most of the time we know we're going to get hit for getting that tire but we still do it!

You also over commited to killing but then again that could have just been your style.

That wolf also seemed to know the MU pretty damn well. There were also times you could have just grabbed him, that timing to punish wolf must be ****ing tight since his shield always came just in time.

Aside from that, daayyuumm you did some crazy strings and awesome reads. And I'm definitely stealing that bike first to save your second jump under Brinstar, makes ghetto sharking with Wario so much more efficient. Your Wario *****, love watching it each time. And Sorry if you weren't even looking for input.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ill forget to do something indepth but nigg stop trying to break your bike when its clear he can hit you

and stop trying to nair oos if you can grab in situations when he does something fairly safe on your shield (ie bair), nair is usually too slow to punish a move like that (and grab automatically covers the shield followup)

BPx

Smash Lord
krystedez and i will save as many of our double wario matches at siis this weekend as we can :D :D

wah wah wahhhhhhhhh

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzVcewRpj24
Game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYWixtcYPc
Game 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LBfJcogfRE

Wario (SSGuy) vs Falco (FGCU Viper

So I see there aren't a whole lot of Falco vids on this thread so I might as well throw in a recent tournament match in this thread.

My two cents of this match up. I think it's vital to not approach Falco when your around 0-36%
Falco's grab could hurt a lot. Especially when baiting Wario's awful roll into two Dairs.

This my apply to more than one match-up but, Wario is a really good at Dair camping. I've been told I make this match look like Falco/Meta Knight because of the amount of times I've used that to keep myself away from my opponent. I try to fart in the first minute everytime since Falco is easy to kill and has a hard time killing Wario.

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
Game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzVcewRpj24
Game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYWixtcYPc
Game 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LBfJcogfRE

Wario (SSGuy) vs Falco (FGCU Viper

So I see there aren't a whole lot of Falco vids on this thread so I might as well throw in a recent tournament match in this thread.

My two cents of this match up. I think it's vital to not approach Falco when your around 0-36%
Falco's grab could hurt a lot. Especially when baiting Wario's awful roll into two Dairs.

This my apply to more than one match-up but, Wario is a really good at Dair camping. I've been told I make this match look like Falco/Meta Knight because of the amount of times I've used that to keep myself away from my opponent. I try to fart in the first minute everytime since Falco is easy to kill and has a hard time killing Wario.
Amazing last stock on game 1.

Love your wario.

I think you should've played with your tires versus falco though.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Amazing last stock on game 1.

Love your wario.

I think you should've played with your tires versus falco though.
Yeah, that last stock was really awesome. I took advantage of a habit he uses and baited the second dair by stalling my jump of the bike. Then followed up with an air dodge to a waft. It was pretty neat.

I always debate whenever I should or not. I gotta find creative ways to imply tires and bike without getting them deflected back into my face. That reflector comes out fast and takes forever for the hit box to go away. That's why I'm hesitant about using it. Maybe they can screw up Falco's Side-B, or I just gotta be smarter.

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
When i said use your tires i was mainly talking to use them to screw up his side b, trust me it hurts falcos alot and pressures them quite a bit.

Still you did very well.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I got a few matches from my livestream. Terrible quality, I know, but it's all I could get.

Livestream link

Beginning- vs .D aka Facey :metaknight:
1:08:00- Friendlies vs Entreri :marth:
1:35:50- vs Jonathan :luigi2:
1:43:50- vs Lee Martin WF's :marth: :dedede:
3:17:30- vs Li-D LF's :falco: :dedede:
3:36:30- vs Lee Martin GF's :dedede: :falcon: :wario:

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo SSG, I couldn't go through the entirety of all the matches, cause man, Falco vs Wario is always so boring to watch, but I did see about 3 mins of each. I didn't see who won but there are a few things I saw.

1. The most important thing, you kept double jumping in the air making you not have a tool to utilize when near your opponent, in other words, you became very monotonous in your playstyle. so did he, which is why all those matches went on for so long. It's good to keep your second jump because you don't allow your opponent to simply predict where you land and hit you, since you may jump again, which that falco wasn't necessarily punishing.

2. No stage control, you both, where he would approach at least a little, did not attempt any stage control, or to the bare minimum. Both of you stood on opposite ends of the screen for PS1 and a bit more on Lylat. You need to understand, the more you force him to the ledge the more options you take away from him, which makes it easier to predict what he'll do, including phantasm.

3. There were opportunities for nair instead of dair to punish his landing but then again falco can be pretty gay in terms of how safe he can be. Maybe just try to bait a spotdodge.

4. What happened to Bite, I do see that you did attempt some but missed because they were from too high, try to fastfall them.

5. Lastly, you gave him too much room to breathe on the ledge on many occasions. You can't bait a phantasm if you're standing near the centre of the stage. Go towards ledge and jump back plus spotdodge to get the centre and **** it.

But aside from that, I saw great movement and accuracy. Just implement tires and conserving your second jump for some neat approaches and you'll be ******.

And just in case, I by no means consider myself good, I'm pretty bad, but those are things I saw to hopefully help you get better. I know I may have come across condescending, so I aplogozie. Keep it up homie.

Croi

Smash Lord

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
LOL at that last vid. I was like "maybe it's that silly ike tech that was shown to me by someone from NS." Then I was like... nah, it can't be.... and I saw that it was! Yes, it's quite an astonishing tech!

Top Bottom