• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario stage discussion

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I do believe that Wario can own on Delfino more then most people, but that's just me.

V.S. ICs, Frigate is the way to go.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Sorry for the random bump, but I think this kind of information is extremely helpful to new Wario players and I wouldn't wanna see multiple Stage threads.

On topic: For some reason I have been picking Final Destination ALOT more. I sometimes have the feeling that the characters I play can use Battlefield better than I can, and it kinda bugs me. I know I'll get over it soon, but just saying.

3GOD

Smash Ace
On topic: For some reason I have been picking Final Destination ALOT more. I sometimes have the feeling that the characters I play can use Battlefield better than I can, and it kinda bugs me. I know I'll get over it soon, but just saying.
I find Battlefield is good for getting a Uair KO because of the platforms, but the platforms can also interfere with the Dair approach. Also, a lot of characters can hit through platforms from the ground while Wario cannot. Is this what you're talking about with Battlefield?

I like Smashville more and more because of the small main platform (less room for campers) and the moving platform can provide nice benefits sometimes. If the opponent is hit away and the platform is on that side of the stage, an Fsmash can really own their face. If they go above the platform, you can aerial them away and land. If they go under the platform, you can drop and Waft for the KO :).

Also, I still want people to play around with Rainbow Cruise. The Donut Drop things can mess up a lot of characters (they get stuck under them), but Wario can just Bike and get back to the ground from basically anywhere on the stage. Not to mention its low ceiling makes Uair even more nice.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Also, a lot of characters can hit through platforms from the ground while Wario cannot. Is this what you're talking about with Battlefield?.

Yeah, thats basically my problem. I just have this gut feeling sometimes that characters like Luigi, Diddy, etc can take advantage of the stage easier than Wario can.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
To counter Snake and a couple of other characters(like Falco) Brinstar all the way guys. The sides and ceiling are very close for early kills, you can't get spiked, you could gimp snake through the middle of the field. And if the person your against has a bad recovery you could make the middle ledgeless part open up to give them a hard time.

Annnnd its cramped. When the lava gets too high and your forced to the top platform with your enemy, its practically screaming free half waft or Uair kill.

I'm in love.

=======================================

And on another note I want to speak about what counter stages to ban and neutrals to hope not to get depending on who your up against.

Vs fast people with projectiles (Pit, Fox, Falco, Wolf, ect.) FinalD isn't sexy at all. If they are smart it'll just be a series of hit and runs and projectile spam. It's not a severe disadvantage, but really its harder than any of the other neutrals.

Metaknight loves battlefield even more than Warios do.

Snake and range characters I pick Brinstar against.

Bad recoverys hate Frigate.

Ban Luigi's Mansion vs anyone with a good ground game. Ban Lylat vs almost everyone else(hate lylat, takes away so much of Wario's game, but that might just be me).

And other than that, pick the stages that you know your opponent is bad at.

bassem6

Smash Lord
For me personally, the platforms are annoying dair blockers and I sometimes find myself up-bing into the bottom of the stage and not the edge whenever it tilts and im trying to recover resulting in my death X_X

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, I really don't know what it is about Lylat, but the platforms always seem to get in he way, as opposed to platforms in the other levels.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
For anyone who played melee basically any stage you would pick to benefit peach/jiggs works for wario. I haven't tried rainbow cruise yet but that would be the exception. The stage seems smaller when compared to the melee counterpart, but frigate is cool.

Ace55

Smash Lord
For anyone who played melee basically any stage you would pick to benefit peach/jiggs works for wario. I haven't tried rainbow cruise yet but that would be the exception. The stage seems smaller when compared to the melee counterpart, but frigate is cool.
Jiggs and Peach both seemed to benefit from stages with high ceilings. Low ceilings don't seem to hurt Wario because he's relatively heavy and they make it easier to kill with Uair. So do you really think they are that comparable (stage-choice-wise)?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I was talking more in terms of sturcture, ex Brinstar, Frigate lacks a ledge, etc. since wario's recovery isn't hindered by the lack of one.

3GOD

Smash Ace
So you are saying that you don't think Rainbow Cruise would be a good Wario stage?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
After trying out most of the counterpick stages my favorite hands down is Jungle Japes and I use it as my counterpick. I hardly ever lose at Jungle Japes. The way the platforms are positioned just seem perfect for Wario combos and when you play against characters who can spam a running upsmash, the ceiling is high so you don't die. Plus, the bite can kill people so easily in the water. If you just bite them and fall into the water, they get released first and get shot back off screen and die, leaving Wario to bike back to the platform. I LOVE Jungle Japes. I'm gonna try out Rainbow Cruise to see how that is since people seem to be fans of it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
So you are saying that you don't think Rainbow Cruise would be a good Wario stage?
No, I said rainbow cruise is the exception to the rule because in melee rainbow cruise kind of sucked for jiggs and peach. I haven't had extensive experience with brawl RC but it seems alot smaller so that's why I didn't comment on it. Sorry I worded it wierd.

3GOD

Smash Ace
No, I said rainbow cruise is the exception to the rule because in melee rainbow cruise kind of sucked for jiggs and peach. I haven't had extensive experience with brawl RC but it seems alot smaller so that's why I didn't comment on it. Sorry I worded it wierd.
Ok, that makes more sense now. I really had no clue about how that stage was for Jiggs/Peach in Melee, so I was not sure what you meant really.

Also, I think Jungle Japes can be good for Wario. I saw that Futile took DSF there (I'm pretty sure it was his counterpick). Watch out for ROB on this stage though. He can camp on one of the side platforms and is almost completely unapproachable if he plays it right. I personally just hate the water on Jungle Japes, but I guess I just don't play carefully enough when I'm on that stage.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Ok, that makes more sense now. I really had no clue about how that stage was for Jiggs/Peach in Melee, so I was not sure what you meant really.

Also, I think Jungle Japes can be good for Wario. I saw that Futile took DSF there (I'm pretty sure it was his counterpick). Watch out of ROB on this stage though. He can camp on one of the side platforms and is almost completely unapproachable if he plays it right. I personally just hate the water on Jungle Japes, but I guess I just don't play carefully enough when I'm on that stage.
Hence my point, that stage was good for those two as well, which is why it's easier to come up with good stages for wario than other characters. Like jiggs and peach, there are a bunch of good stages for wario, but it comes down to personal preference since even with 2 stage bans you should still have enough room to counterpick like in melee; no matter what you banned vs them you would be stuck with a crappy stage if you won.

Wario4Ever

Smash Cadet
After trying out most of the counterpick stages my favorite hands down is Jungle Japes and I use it as my counterpick. I hardly ever lose at Jungle Japes. The way the platforms are positioned just seem perfect for Wario combos and when you play against characters who can spam a running upsmash, the ceiling is high so you don't die. Plus, the bite can kill people so easily in the water. If you just bite them and fall into the water, they get released first and get shot back off screen and die, leaving Wario to bike back to the platform. I LOVE Jungle Japes. I'm gonna try out Rainbow Cruise to see how that is since people seem to be fans of it.
Hey I absolutely agree with you! As a Wario mainer I discovered this myself in late May. I was able to do very well in battles when I got to play in this level, and now its my level of choice as a counter pick. Very good obvservation.:)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wow this thread is old haha.

Blue sHell was right about picking Brinstar vs Falco and Snake, little did he know it was because you could camp them hard there :)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i think rainbow cruise is one of wario's best CPs if not best.
people cant spam wario out because its alwase moving, the low celing at some points makes it easy to get kills off with the clap, wario's recovery is really good so u dont have to worry bout getting killed by the stage.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wow this thread is old haha.

Blue sHell was right about picking Brinstar vs Falco and Snake, little did he know it was because you could camp them hard there :)
*DOUBLE POST FAIL*

how can u camp snakes on brinstar, ive counterpicked that before and he just sat on the 2 middle platforms and spammed nades and down b on me.. whats your oppinion on rainbow cruise?

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I don't really camp snakes on brinstar, I constantly pester them. I usually try to hug them the whole time. The floor is bumpy and strange and the lava kinda messes him up more than you

Top Bottom