• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Power Rankings

B.Mack

Smash Ace
How do you guys force yourselves to play gay? Its the one thing I've been working on, and I always end up playing too aggressively. Just wondering how you put yourselves in the mindset to camp, thats all.
You prioritize not getting hit over doing damage and wait for openings to appear
^ pretty much this... and you dont get greedy with combos... I find thats what takes me out of my camping most of the time...

Think of it as after landing 1-3 hits, you retreat... the status quo should be you in the air, on the other side of the stage from your opponent. you should never break that staus quo unless like, Marth whiffs an UpB or something incredibly punishable like that happens.

with time, you will grow to actually ENJOY camping... I enjoy playing campy because it frustrates my opponent and that brings me endless joy.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
What I like doing is breaking the bike instead of jumping and airdodging all over the place. Just insta-crash or edge crash to get the bike out quick, and if they approach you then you have plenty of time to get a safe distance away. It takes camping and gives it a purpose (well, maybe a little more than before haha), ideally at the end you will be in the same position but with a tire in your hand. With a tire in your hand, you have much greater range and punishing ability! Pokes and prods are a lot easier ;)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
tires greatest use is for combos and aggressive play... not for camping... although as a projectile they definitely have some application in shutting out the opponent, it is easy to get carried away with tire use and lost the status quo of your keep-away... not to mention the whole process of getting tires means prioritising doing damage over getting hit.

Tires are for the aggressive Wario, bike-jump and airdodge are for the campy Wario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tires are for defensive Wario. By far. Throw tire at them, you lose it. Keep tire around you as mini wall? Yay.

Same thing with bananas. Throwing them back at the opponent doesn't tend to work as well as being annoying as **** holding onto it and Z dropping it or throwing it around your own body.

judge!

Smash Ace
^^^^^ yea haveing a tire with u as much as possable during the match, esp vs d3 and mk is amazing if you are going for a campy/paitent style.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Tires have a Waft-like advantage in that the opponent has to have the possibility of its use on his mind at all times, because they set up for a lot of things. Added advantage with Bite, limit movement/out-of-shield opportunities, added range and speed with Wario's ground game, general comboability...It seems miniscule on the outside, sort of like the Waft in some match-ups, but general fear of a tire set-up/combo can do a whole lot. Holding your tires is pretty important at times.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Definitely right Baron Mack, but think about this: break the bike, get a tire, THEN use your bike to jump away and airdodge to your heart's content! You can do all of it while at the same time holding a tire in your hand, which in turn gives you many more poking, prodding, walling and trapping options!

I think the age of aircamping is over. If you do it right, you can have the same results with a tire while staying perfectly safe. All that changes is you now have a much longer reach, thus helping you punish and frustrate your opponent. If you have a tire, you are probably going to hold an advantage in the matchup. Worst case it's completely even!

How's that for advancing the metagame? ;)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Well, although tires are uber useful, if they get destroyed, (quite easily. Even more so with projectiles) you have to get a whole new bike, break it, and start the process over again. If you leave a new bike on stage to break with tires on hand, you risk knocking out your recovery. If only they could be activated as fast as naners...

* edit: HOLD UP! Me thinks we gots of topic. Power Rankings anybody?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
we should make Wario with tires like Diddy with naners...

you know how every Diddy matchup thread is like: "if diddy has no naners, do this... if diddy has one naner, do this... if diddy has 2 naners, you're ****ed."

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'd prefer Zero Suit Samus's armor pieces, myself.
I HATE those pieces so much.

But back on topic, guys: Power Rankings. This is what the original thread has right now:

1. Malcolm McNulty
2. Hunger
3. BlueRouge
4. Krystedez
5. Bassem

I feel Reflex deserves to be at least number 5 on this list, seeing as Bassem's been inactive lately, and Reflex has been actively winning tournaments in his region.

Thoughts?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
-I- think I'm a champion, and that everyone else better step his game up, lest I take over.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Has Malcolm had any great victories lately? Haven't heard much about him, really. Why doesn't he have any videos on the video thread? Or bassem?? Wait a second... NONE OF THEM HAVE VIDEOS UP!!! It would be easier to judge if we had something to go by.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Well, Malcolms been inactive. Bassem is inactive. I just recently became active again. Most of the good warios have been inactive. Hard to judge anything. Malcolm and I are going to Pound 5 tomorrow though

edit: despite my inactivity I still feel my skill level is top 5ish even though I never get any recognition

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
^ I wish I could go :<

And Bassem is good, I'd almost put him at 1.

I think five is fitting for me, but I know I've got as good results at Blue Rogue for a MW Wario. Difference is he's more known I think because he's a GK. :3 (plus he's good anyways).

I vote this! :D :D :D

1.) Malcom
2.) Bassem
3.) Hunger
4.) Blue Rogue / 4.) Krystedez

:>

If it's in no order, I think it doesn't matter though. I'm pretty active, but I need to go to one more national and place well methinks, or go to several locals and WIN like I used to at Vamp's and a few others. Ugh.

But anyways yea I think I'm just happy to be nominated at all. I hope you all understand I'm still repping Wario for life along with Pit... I EVEN PUT HIS ICON IN MY PROFILE NOW LOLOL

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Dude Krys you should get a pic of Pit riding Wario's hog xD that would be awesome.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I HATE those pieces so much.

But back on topic, guys: Power Rankings. This is what the original thread has right now:

1. Malcolm McNulty
2. Hunger
3. BlueRouge
4. Krystedez
5. Bassem

I feel Reflex deserves to be at least number 5 on this list, seeing as Bassem's been inactive lately, and Reflex has been actively winning tournaments in his region.

Thoughts?
^ I wish I could go :<

And Bassem is good, I'd almost put him at 1.

I think five is fitting for me, but I know I've got as good results at Blue Rogue for a MW Wario. Difference is he's more known I think because he's a GK. :3 (plus he's good anyways).

I vote this! :D :D :D

1.) Malcom
2.) Bassem
3.) Hunger
4.) Blue Rogue / 4.) Krystedez

:>

If it's in no order, I think it doesn't matter though. I'm pretty active, but I need to go to one more national and place well methinks, or go to several locals and WIN like I used to at Vamp's and a few others. Ugh.

But anyways yea I think I'm just happy to be nominated at all. I hope you all understand I'm still repping Wario for life along with Pit... I EVEN PUT HIS ICON IN MY PROFILE NOW LOLOL
As much as i love malcolm, i dont believe he should be sitting on top.

imo:
1)Hunger
2)Malcolm
3)Kryz
4)Rogue
5)Reflex

Hunger has some record breaking achievements with wario such as: being the FIRST wario to beat ally in a set. Yet he lacks present day tournament activity and results (from what ive kept up with)

Malcolm: this man is a great player, he has great potential, but lacks the tournament results because he seems to always get bracket gayed. Easily a top tier wario.

Kryz: has proved himself as one of the best warios. Always making us proud and placing so well in large regional/national tournaments. Getting gayed out by ddds and whatnot. Definitely a top choice.

Rogue: I dont know enough about this man to say much about him other than his videos prove that he can take out well known players in his region and represents wario in high level competitions. I dont want to say that i fully agree with my placings of this man because, as i said, i dont know too much about him. But he does indeed stand out as a potential top.

Reflex: easily one of the best warios. Ever since he started playing wario he has been an inspiration to all rising warios. He recently picked up wario and has been proving himself a worthy player. 5/5 tournaments he played wario in, he has won. Has potential to be one of the best. All he needs is more time. Very smart and creative player.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I hate many of you for forgetting bout me. But it's ok, Whobo COT5 and Genesis 2 will be ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What?

Ganondorf wins that matchup. I saw nothing wrong with that.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I would hardly call losing one match to one of the best Ganondorf players in the ENTIRE GLOBE shameful. I hear that Mr. Vermanubis may be coming to visit Oregon/Washington for a month! For those who don't know, Vermanubis is also completely **** with Ganon. I'll definitely get some matches recorded against him :D

It seemed to me that Hunger could have used the bike and tires a lot more effectively in the matchup. Ganondorf has a hard time dealing with projectiles right? Tires can be very useful projectiles! Like I always say, "A tire saved is a tire earned".

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I was about to say "It's Ganondorf" is a lame thing to say but..... dude it's Ganondorf.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Meh if you don't handle the MU well you're just getting techchased and grabbed and uaired to hell and back.

Once you know it you **** at it, but you can't just be like lol it's Ganon so I win. MUs are determined with top level play taken into account, not a troll aggro Wario playstyle disregarding everything that makes sense (not saying Hunger was doing that).

Tires are fine against Ganon, but he doesn't necessarily have trouble dealing with them. In fact, I'd go as far as say you're making it a bit easier to him if you decide to implement tires (a bouncing Bike, however, screws him over big time).

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
No kidding dude, like edgeguarding by throwing the bike up and grabbing the edge..... he's gonna feel that one in the morning haha.

Would you kindly care to explain how using tires would make the matchup easier for him? I'm assuming if he has a tire in his grasp and he lands a Flame Choke on you, YOU'RE gonna feel that one tomorrow lol. However if that's the only thing, I wouldn't think too much of it. Sure it's good, but you have to take into account all the things YOU can do with tires, as well as the likelihood of him even landing a Flame Choke on you. Definitely not impossible, but if you play it right the risk should be minimal.

PS: Good **** Hunger, you should make a combo video out of that match haha. Might have been able to land an Onionator if you threw out a stutter step Fsmash at 1:59, but he may have been too far away.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Krys is better than me.
Why is this character so bad ugh.
Wario is a bad character? lol.

Also, regarding the video of DLA beating Hunger... iirc, DLA also beat Gnes in a tournament game once... and Diddy has a much easier time with Ganon than Wario does. Gnes still went on to win MLG... losing a game agaist a good player doesnt make you a bad player.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wariomaster15 was the highest placing wario at poundV.

He is most definitional top 5 material.

I think he might take malcolm's spot.

Sorry malcolm :(

B.Mack

Smash Ace
so did anyone actually get past a D3 at Pound5? or did Malcolm only place better because it took longer for him to meet a D3 in bracket?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
If I didn't give up significant leads vs trela and anti in 2nd rd pools, it wouldn't had mattered that the D3 beat me. After it happened though, I was ****ed and gave up vs someone I play all the time(luckay. pika/pit) so he could potentially beat the D3 and make brackets. Malcolm and I were the only wario mains at pound that I was aware of. Atomsk and Seibriks warios made appearances as well.

Even though I sucked it up at this, I was eligible for amateur bracket and made more money than I would have otherwise lol

Top Bottom