• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: TooBusyToCare!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Espy Kasrani said:
I'm not too well versed in the actual mechanics of it myself, but I'll give it a shot:

Basically, buffering in Brawl is when you do the input for a certain move during any type of animation of another attack (or shield, among other scenarios) within the last 10 frames of that animation. Your character, if you buffer properly, will then do your last input action the moment they are available to do so.

One of the best examples I can think of for how to buffer is Ganondorf's dair. In order for it to auto cancel, you need to buffer the dair during the initial jump animation before you leave the ground. If successful, you will dair, and land back on the ground without a single bit of lag.

On top of that, if you input something like a jab during the 10 frames prior to landing after a buffered dair, Ganon will immediately jab.

Basically, buffering is inputting any action before you're character is in their standing pose so that the moment they are able to, they can do anything they want based on what the input was.

Buffering is vital for certain things. Ganondorf's dair, Pikachu's dthrow chaingrabs, several Sonic setups, etc.

I hope I helped in some way. If you need anymore questions, feel free to ask. I'll try answering to the best of my knowledge. If I'm unable to, I'll be more than happy to direct you to someone who understands the concepts better.
I don't know how to explain it in my own words lolz

Snack let's train ;)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I didnt know we had to buffer the CG on DK... :s

are we still interviewing Sky?
if so... Sky whats a good tip for Wario that you've never given someone before? like, a super-unique, secksy chunk of advice. :D

EDIT: Snack lives in Baltimore? f*ck yeah. I'm gonna hunt you down next time I'm in America.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I didnt know we had to buffer the CG on DK... :s

are we still interviewing Sky?
if so... Sky whats a good tip for Wario that you've never given someone before? like, a super-unique, secksy chunk of advice. :D

EDIT: Snack lives in Baltimore? f*ck yeah. I'm gonna hunt you down next time I'm in America.

You have to remember that... Wario is a Troll. And he's never 'losing'.

Ever get that feeling in your stomach when you're down a stock and you feel like, "Oh man, I'm gonna lose... damnit." Wario is one of the only characters that you can say, "Lol 10 more percent and I kill you lol."

As long as you remember that, your anxiety will dissipate in battle.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Actually, it's not where the frame window is larger, it's when the character you're attempting to regrab is able to be grabbed again even after the 10 frame buffer. Falco has very minimal, if any, frame disadvantage in accordance to this.

So, I should rephrase my statement: I hate that I can't buffer CG at all, or very efficiently, because currently I only get lucky because I can chain grab DK with buffering like 2 or 3 times when it matters, (hence why I can only get Falco 2-3 times), but most of the time it's just regrabs that I get because he's heavier.

Unless you can say that DK can UP B immediately if you don't buffer it, even though you get a grab out fast (like 11~19 frames or something minimal). If this was the case, DK would break out of grabs all the time.

The point Sky makes is that you either can buffer CG or you can't at all, which I agree with. The point I will make is that you can CG without the buffer sometimes on other characters like DK.
My post previously was poorly written.

If you would like, I'll release a video explaining how to easily buffer CG, so that you'll never drop it again. How does that sound?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
You have to remember that... Wario is a Troll. And he's never 'losing'.

Ever get that feeling in your stomach when you're down a stock and you feel like, "Oh man, I'm gonna lose... damnit." Wario is one of the only characters that you can say, "Lol 10 more percent and I kill you lol."

As long as you remember that, your anxiety will dissipate in battle.
thats not true at all

DK can say that

ICs can say that

MK can say that

tedeth

Smash Master
Come on guys the cg is sooooooo easy i learned it in like an hour. Just experiment with the timing untill you find it.

Also we can totally cg other characters between walls and on slopes. So yeah, certain parts of PS1 are ridiculous for Wario.

On Frigate in the double slope part we can KINDA cg Snake but he has 1 frame so he can drop a grenade. :(
That's all he can do though.

Also you know how D3s are talking about the buffered pivot grab? I mentioned that for Wario like 100 years ago and everyone thought I meant something else and wouldn't listen to me but yeah we can totally buffered pivot grab D3 for like 20 something %... which is almost worthless but I guess 20 somethign % from a grab isn't that bad. Might have other applications. I've done a bit of testing with it and there are certain %s where we can cg falco on a slight downward slope (think yoshis) but they might be too exact to actually be useful.

If people STILL don't understand me I actually have the tools to make a video about it now so I can show everyone that assuming I had no idea what I was talking about all that time ago was dumb.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yknow, the DDD infinite is at least a forward motion, it would require YET ANOTHER INPUT for us to do it, considering we have to reverse it.

tedeth

Smash Master
I know. I know. I know. I have tested it. I'm not theorycrafting. I can do it. Not super consistantly but I'm sure I could get it to a level of consistancy that would make it worth going for in a real game if I spent some time on it.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
@tbtc

1. Why did you pick up Wario? A looong time ago, I remember you played Kirby and G&W. What made you decide to pick up the reins of the fat man?

2. Do you ever listen to music to play Smash? If so, what kind?

3. Who do you think is the best Wario on the west coast? The USA? The World?

4. Does playing Ice Climbers cover you bad matchups effectively?

5. What style of Wario do you prefer to play? In singles and doubles?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
What motivated you to learn so much about frame data and the technical side of brawl?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
@tbtc

1. Why did you pick up Wario? A looong time ago, I remember you played Kirby and G&W. What made you decide to pick up the reins of the fat man?

2. Do you ever listen to music to play Smash? If so, what kind?

3. Who do you think is the best Wario on the west coast? The USA? The World?

4. Does playing Ice Climbers cover you bad matchups effectively?

5. What style of Wario do you prefer to play? In singles and doubles?
1. I picked him up back when i mained GnW as a secondary for snake but Felix and Nerd convinced me that I should just main wario, so I did. Then I dropped him for ICs because I just wanted to **** PnW for not knowing the matchup (and it worked lol) but recently I've just been having lots of fun with wario so I decided to start using him again.

2. I do occasionally, usually only in friendlies if the person I'm playing is someone I dont want to talk to or if I'm not in a talking mood. I usually listen to classic rock, alt rock, or Taylor Swift.

3. Fiction

4. Ice climbers actually cover my matchups pretty well. They counter D3 and falco, go even with marth, **** a lot of dumb low tiers that wario randomly has trouble against, and if someone counterpicks FD then I get to have fun LOL.

5. I don't know how to describe my style. I just play smart and get reads, and when I can i go for the cool stuff (maybe more than i should, I always seem to DACUS myself into all sorts of trouble XD)

What motivated you to learn so much about frame data and the technical side of brawl?
Nothing really motivated me to learn about frame data and technical stuff, I just remember stuff when I read it or its told to me. But I suppose that it kind of started when i stumbled upon the character statistics thread and I read the whole thing haha. I just sort of have a good memory when I want to. Fun fact: I was recently awarded the PNW Index Award (Player with most/obscure in-game knowledge) XD

Ready to get ***** by my Bowser? :)
yes

toobusytoaskaquestion
Masky is my favorite wario to watch atm. You shoulda had Seibrik, that was bull**** lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If you could change one move on wario to something else, and one thing, what would you change it to?

I like your strat with having IC's as back up, but when you're fighting a hard-to-cg character, what do?

How is your performance in tournaments? I don't really know a lot about your representation up there.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
If you could change one move on wario to something else, and one thing, what would you change it to?

I like your strat with having IC's as back up, but when you're fighting a hard-to-cg character, what do?

How is your performance in tournaments? I don't really know a lot about your representation up there.
uhh i would make his upsmash like, better
like if you've played brawl minus, like that. that ****s ballin

Thanks :D I can CG everyone in the cast fairly well (without hobbling) so i dont have much trouble.

I usaually place about 7th, but lately I've been getting ***** XD
because ive been only practicing wario but playing mostly ICs in tourney

im still ranked like 10th though haha I'll step it up again really soon :p

B.Mack

Smash Ace
TBTC how did you come up with your name?

was it like, people were telling you to practice and improve with smash and you said you had other things that were important in life like work and stuff... so you became Toobusytocare? because that kinda applies to me with brawl... :(

Top Bottom