• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

roy777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5528-9683
I like cloud and want him in the game. But, have realized that he does'nt have a good chance of getting in. So I'll settle for Issac from golden sun instead.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
I would LOVE for Cloud to be in this game....

....but he's ineligible :cry: I doubt they'll count that cameo appearance in KH: CoM because he wasn't a major character or anything in that game.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
roy777 said:
I like cloud and want him in the game. But, have realized that he does'nt have a chance of getting in. So I'll settle for Issac from golden sun instead.
Hasn't had a starring role on a Nintendo console so he hasn't got a chance at all, I fixed it for you.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
Hasn't had a starring role on a Nintendo console so he hasn't got a chance at all, I fixed it for you.
Apparently the GBA isn't a nintendo console.

Issac was the main character in golden sun.

Or are you talking about cloud. I dunno. you confused me with the "I fixed it for you" part.

I'm not sure what u were saying in your post. plz dont flame me. lol

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Dantedemonslayr said:
Apparently the GBA isn't a nintendo console.

Issac was the main character in golden sun.

Or are you talking about cloud. I dunno. you confused me with the "I fixed it for you" part.

I'm not sure what u were saying in your post. plz dont flame me. lol
I was referiing to cloud, you said he has little chance

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be honest. No Final Fantasy VII character will make the final cut. None fo them have ever made a star appearance on any nintendo games. Sure they made Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA, but they FFVII characters weren't main characters. It would be like Lara Croft getting in SSBB.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I have never played a FF game, cause well Ive never been interested in it, but either cloud or sephiroth would look cool in brawl, but I doubt they will be in it...

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Falco&Victory said:
I have a popular opinion that they rock so much,they just plain suck now.The swords are uber big.Too uber big.How about Auron.He was much cooler.
....you dont like them because their swords are too big, so your suggestion is auron? The guy is basically wielding a fancier pointier buster sword.

And auron has even less of a chance because he hasn't even been a cameo in a nintendo game.

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
Cloud....Isn't really you umm Nintendo.......So.,,,NO maybe the ff snes characters though...MAYBE but FF in general is kind of no to me.

Koi Ponded

Smash Rookie
kilroy said:
but, hideo is friends with miyamoto, so in this case this isn't about what the fans want, it's about what the creators want.
It definately isn't. The whole reason they're making this game is for the FANS (and to make money). This is going to be a title for the Wii, whose sole purpose is for everyone to play, so they want to please everyone. Yeah, Snake is in it because Sakurai is friends with Hideo, but Hideo had wanted Snake in the game for SSBM. He "practically begged" him, so Sakurai had no choice.

And that is also why they created a poll for the fans to vote on their favorite character they want to see in Brawl.

Anyways, back on topic. I think Cloud would be awesome for SSBB, but he's way too over-used. He's appeared in Kingdom Hearts, and he's going to appear in many spin offs of FFVII. I also doubt Sony will lend him to Nintendo. Cloud is one of their biggest stars.

Edit: Whoops...I didn't see that there was so many pages to this >_>

Heh...my bad.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Koi Ponded said:
Anyways, back on topic. I think Cloud would be awesome for SSBB, but he's way too over-used. He's appeared in Kingdom Hearts, and he's going to appear in many spin offs of FFVII. I also doubt Sony will lend him to Nintendo. Cloud is one of their biggest stars.
Too bad sony has no say in the matter because he is owned by Square Enix

Cloud....Isn't really you umm Nintendo.......
and snake is.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo even announced that they will not put in any characters that haven't appeared on a Nintendo console.

But Square is developing some Mario Basketball game for the DS (Why must they ruin Mario like this?), and they announced the following characters would be unlockable: Black Mage, White Mage, Moogle, Ninja, and... something else, I forget. So while Cloud has 0% chance of getting in, some FF character could be quite likely in Brawl.

Edit: Wait, there was a Kingdom Hearts game on the GBA. Dunno if Cloud was in that, but even so, it's still highly unlikely for him to get in.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Yes... yes he was in that game. we've said it so many times. For god's sake people read the other posts before you add to it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Nintendo even announced that they will not put in any characters that haven't appeared on a Nintendo console.

But Square is developing some Mario Basketball game for the DS (Why must they ruin Mario like this?), and they announced the following characters would be unlockable: Black Mage, White Mage, Moogle, Ninja, and... something else, I forget. So while Cloud has 0% chance of getting in, some FF character could be quite likely in Brawl.

Edit: Wait, there was a Kingdom Hearts game on the GBA. Dunno if Cloud was in that, but even so, it's still highly unlikely for him to get in.

Cactuar is the other character. And whato you mean "why mut they ruin Mario like this?"

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I'm not even going to grace that with a remark, its so stupid.

I'm not trying to Troll, but seriously, read the entire thred. Reading helps you learn and learning helps you not look so uninformed.

If Cloud is in a smash game, what sword do you think he would use? The Buster Sword, or the Seven Edge Sword?(Trying to keep on topic ^^; )

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Dear god Basemnt dweller. I bow before your amazing posting skills. That was the most well thought out and researched posting I've seen. And it's clear that you read the previous posts before adding your opinion.

-_-

Eve though I agree with the conclusion that Cloud should not be in brawl. I believe some backing should be put to it. You know, something like, the buster sword would give him an unfair advantage, he's never had anything more than a cameo in a Nintendo game, if he were let in a massive wave of requests for other FF characters would come in, and the fact that a fanboy's wet dream has no place in the nintendo battle royale.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
"...and the fact that a fanboy's wet dream has no place in the nintendo battle royale..."

XD Im a hardcore fan of FF7, but I have to admit that was funny. My orignal suggestion still stays the same. Keep him outta Brawl, wait for his Rep. to die down, than add him to the one comeing out closest to that date. Nintendo wouldent have to ask beceause Enix would need more Rep. for him and in turn would ask Nintendo to extend a invite to Strife himself. Not to metion fan boys wet dreams would finally come true. If there are haters they should just not play as him. Everbody wins exept the stubborn people that will undoptly say " Z0|\/|6 (10UD 1|\| 5|\/|45H!!11! 1'|\/| |\|07 P14Y1|\|6!!!11!one!"

(Translation: Oh My gosh Cloud in Smash! I'm Not playing now!)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Cloud is yet to appear in a staring role on a nintendo system first of all that shoots his chances down to zero but I will continue anyway. Square Enix and Nintendo both know that the fans want Geno to return, he cameoed in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga which just made the fans hungry for more, Geno is owned by Square Enix and is the most requested character from their company so they won't do something stupid like put in one of their characters that only extreme fanboys want over some one who debuted in a MARIO game and is still uberly popular and a personal favourite of the developer. So if Square-Enix gets to put some one in they will be smart and add in Geno the fans want it after all.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
.....y'know, I never really understood the whole "geno should be put in only." geno is a mario character who's owned by squeenix. thus not making him a "true" 3rd party char. after all, what smash is about(to me at least) is seeing a bunch of different characters from different games crossover and duke it out. just seeing another character from a mario game...well....wouldn't be very exciting. but thats not the point, the point is, sakurai should be able to let squeenix put in both geno, and some other"real" squeenix character(like cloud, or crono.) so they could put in, "one third party and a half." nothing wrong with that now.
in my opinion, geno is overrated. why do people like him so much?

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They could replace Pichu and Y.Link with Cloud and Sepiroth Cloud's blade would be awesome and would allow for a lot of combos. Granted, this is coming from a guy who knows little about FF. From Cloud's appearance in KH2, I'd say that'd be awesome

Aiser

Smash Lord
.....y'know, I never really understood the whole "geno should be put in only." geno is a mario character who's owned by squeenix. thus not making him a "true" 3rd party char. after all, what smash is about(to me at least) is seeing a bunch of different characters from different games crossover and duke it out. just seeing another character from a mario game...well....wouldn't be very exciting. but thats not the point, the point is, sakurai should be able to let squeenix put in both geno, and some other"real" squeenix character(like cloud, or crono.) so they could put in, "one third party and a half." nothing wrong with that now.
in my opinion, geno is overrated. why do people like him so much?

thats why... lol

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
FFVII is overated, back in the day it was all about FFVI. If they add a FF character in the game then they should add Cyan from FFVI or Beowulf or Agrias( i think that was her name:confused: ) from FFTactics. If they did a real remake of FFVI ( because no one played it:cry: ) on the PS3 then that game would be bigger than FFVII. That game was the s***!.:grin:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
FFVII is overated, back in the day it was all about FFVI. If they add a FF character in the game then they should add Cyan from FFVI or Beowulf or Agrias( i think that was her name:confused: ) from FFTactics. If they did a real remake of FFVI ( because no one played it:cry: ) on the PS3 then that game would be bigger than FFVII. That game was the s***!.:grin:
That's exactly WHY Squeenix won't do it, but rather churn out effortless PSOne and GBA ports of FFVI, along with FFIV and FFV. They don't want to give up whoring off their cash cow that is FFVII.
THEY PHEAR TEH PHINAL PHANTASY 6!!!!1!!11one (...and 4 and 5)
But hopefully the FFIII DS remake will help pave the way for just that.

BAR

Smash Apprentice
look i have no clue who geno is, but i do know this ff7 was one of the best stories ever concieved and one of the best games in history, domt you think the main character of such a game deserves to be in ssbb? oh and what do you guys think of soma cruz from the castlevania games, i think he would be an excellent addition to ssbb
-bar

BAR

Smash Apprentice
oh really? well tan tell me what game had a better story than seven? let me know cuz i wanna play it right now

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
oh really? well tan tell me what game had a better story than seven? let me know cuz i wanna play it right now
I feel bad now... I just have a bad history with the FFVII fanbase - didn't mean to take it out on you...
Anyway FFIII had a really good storyline, but the DS remake is sure to be better. But so far FFIV, FFV, and FFVI have awesome storylines - if you can get around the outdated graphics, you'll be in for a treat.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
So, you want me to find a game with a better story than FF7? Let's see, what's more interesting than trying to kill some guy before a giant rock hits earth... wellllll

Final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Earthbound

take your pick.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
So, you want me to find a game with a better story than FF7? Let's see, what's more interesting than trying to kill some guy before a giant rock hits earth... wellllll

Final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Earthbound

take your pick.
This is pushing it. Hate or love the game and it's characters but please don't down play the story or gameplay. Kingdom Hearts (Both of them) storyline was about finding a friend. WOW. Although a good game the main story was pretty generic. Chrono Cross wasn't worth playing twice, especially considering it's predecesor. Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 3 have great storylines but I can't see what makes them better. FF8 was decent. Chrono Trigger was the S*** and hands down one of (if not the best) RPG's I've ever played so you can have that one. I didn't play the rest. Either way it's all really perspective, because i'm sure you don't agree with me. The real thing that made FF7 great was the different elements of gameplay (IE, fighting on the motorcycle, snowboarding, limit breakers, etc) that made the game stand out. It was a defining moment for RPG's, that's why it's on a lot of top 20 game list.

On Topic: Cloud still doesn't have much of a chance. The only reason I can see nintendo even attempting to get him is because of the large amount of extra sales they would get from FF fans around the globe I would say he has no chance but then I remember Pichu and think to myself, anything is possible. That rat had no business in melee. Sorry to it's fans.

P.S. Seriously, Chrono Trigger took many hours of my life that I will never get back and I still regret nothing. That game rocked.:grin:

GenG

Smash Lord
Just play Xenogears. You'll learn a new meaning for the word "story".

Top Bottom