• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Come on. Rosalina is a good character, just look at the trailer, she will be ton of Unique!
Waluigi is my favorite character from the "Super Mario" Universe!, And I would never loose my hope! He could come together with Wario, and if he don't, that's even better, then I think he will be Unlockables, and Sakurai tend to reveal unlockables after the Launch of the game!, So I would not loose any hopes until the release of the game :)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
It's true when you think about it : I don't think all Mario characters would be revealed before the game comes out , I'd expect an unlockable . But still , 5 characters already , I think only dr.Mario's return's got a chance now . That doesn't mean I think Waluigi is forever deconfirmed , but has like 3% of appearing now in this game , We'll most likely have to wait for the next game for another Mario newcomer . I never really agreed that some series should be limited to a certain amount of characters .

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is probably the worst time for the thread to reach the milestone 1000 posts. All gloom and doom, well mostly.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is very unfortunate. Right as we were about to hit 1000 replies on this thread too........

It's been a good run guys, but Waluigi's chances have plummeted down so low it's next to impossible he'll be playable.

Our best hope for him at this point would be as an Assist Trophy again. I'd like to have some WAA in Smash 4 in some form, at least.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Had hoped he would have a chance to get in,i dont know if i ever posted in this thread but i was for both Rosalina and Waluigi.

Guess he will be a AT again?.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Had hoped he would have a chance to get in,i dont know if i ever posted in this thread but i was for both Rosalina and Waluigi.

Guess he will be a AT again?.

Heh, most definitely. I guess I kinda look forward to seeing his updated character model in action. :p

Smady

Smash Master
I haven't given up on Waluigi yet, I think he still has a chance. Every newcomer so far has fit a niche in terms of moveset: Villager is Earthbound boy-sized item spammer, WFT is a close-ranged melee set, MegaMan is projectiles, Rosalina is a de-syncing minion. Waluigi fits the bill for a lightweight, fast-paced melee character who has props like the tennis racket. Seems like the kind of set Sakurai would like in Smash!

Never give up hope for Waluigi!

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I haven't given up on Waluigi yet, I think he still has a chance. Every newcomer so far has fit a niche in terms of moveset: Villager is Earthbound boy-sized item spammer, WFT is a close-ranged melee set, MegaMan is projectiles, Rosalina is a de-syncing minion. Waluigi fits the bill for a lightweight, fast-paced melee character who has props like the tennis racket. Seems like the kind of set Sakurai would like in Smash!

Never give up hope for Waluigi!

D'aw. I guess one should never give up hope so soon. I mean, the Toad thread's still going strong. We should still support this one as well. :']

Smady

Smash Master
Stranger things have happened! Remember we have three Space Animals, and two Links despite cuts. We can get Waluigi if the game has a big roster.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Stranger things have happened! Remember we have three Space Animals, and two Links despite cuts. We can get Waluigi if the game has a big roster.

This is what I hope for the most in Smash 4. I just want a roster consisting of at least 50 fighters. I just think that'd be too much to ask from Sakurai, as well as for a game that needs to be available as soon as possible due to the Wii U's current state.

Smady

Smash Master
I think the biggest problem may be the 3DS port as well. Making a huge HD Smash Bros. game for Wii U is one thing, but carting along a port to 3DS is another altogether. And honestly while a portable version has some appeal, it's not something I like parasitically leeching off of the Wii U version; it could have waited a year or two. But I'm just salty. Lets stay opitmistic for our man in purple.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I think the biggest problem may be the 3DS port as well. Making a huge HD Smash Bros. game for Wii U is one thing, but carting along a port to 3DS is another altogether. And honestly while a portable version has some appeal, it's not something I like parasitically leeching off of the Wii U version; it could have waited a year or two. But I'm just salty. Lets stay opitmistic for our man in purple.

OH GODDAMN... I am legitimately constantly forgetting about the 3DS version, and I don't know why. I just don't have any interest in that version I guess. Seeing the Wii U version held back even slightly (Olimar only having 3 Pikmin as of current) saddens me. The 3DS version definitely should've been held off just a tad later. But oh well. Many people are excited for it, and it's (sadly) likely that it'll outsell its home console counterpart.

D

Deleted member

Even if the 3DS version wasn't being made, it wouldn't mean anything in regards to Waluigi's chances.

It's hard for some to get, but the 3DS is not limiting the roster; that's all Sakurai.
I know it's unspeakable to try to knock down the hope, especially for probably the only Newcomer that I would have more than just a "cool" positive reaction, but still. Things are really frigging bleak.

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
I believe the chances of Waluigi are still strong, if anything goes wrong...DLC still gives him hope

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Even if the 3DS version wasn't being made, it wouldn't mean anything in regards to Waluigi's chances.

It's hard for some to get, but the 3DS is not limiting the roster; that's all Sakurai.
I know it's unspeakable to try to knock down the hope, especially for probably the only Newcomer that I would have more than just a "cool" positive reaction, but still. Things are really frigging bleak.
Of course not. That post was just an off-topic response to my disliking for the 3DS version having a (slight) effect on the Wii U version.

And yes, yes they are. I really don't even want to bring myself to have any hope. I'll just set myself up to be disappointed again, and there's no point in doing that. Pessimism is usually the best way to carry oneself to avoid disappointment, I've learned.

@Wallehh: Well... if character DLC is ever to happen (extremely unlikely given Sakurai's response on the topic), THEN I'd maybe have some hope for Waluigi to appear.

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
Of course not. That post was just an off-topic response to my disliking for the 3DS version having a (slight) effect on the Wii U version.

And yes, yes they are. I really don't even want to bring myself to have any hope. I'll just set myself up to be disappointed again, and there's no point in doing that. Pessimism is usually the best way to carry oneself to avoid disappointment, I've learned.

@Wallehh: Well... if character DLC is ever to happen (extremely unlikely given Sakurai's response on the topic), THEN I'd maybe have some hope for Waluigi to appear.
What do you mean? I don't recall him denying or saying there won't be any character DLC?

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? I don't recall him denying or saying there won't be any character DLC?

Aha! Found it:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

"At the current time, we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experiences possible. That said, once finished, it's the kind of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

Yes, this doesn't disconfirm them, but it seems highly unlikely at this point in time. I'd definitely like to see some feedback on this once Smash 4 has been released, however.

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
Aha! Found it:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

"At the current time, we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experiences possible. That said, once finished, it's the kind of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

Yes, this doesn't disconfirm them, but it seems highly unlikely at this point in time. I'd definitely like to see some feedback on this once Smash 4 has been released, however.
I see what you mean now but I would safely assume they will have DLC no doubt in the near future after the game is released for sometime. In my honest opinion though, it would be a bad idea to pass up DLC for the new Smash if they did

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
I´M BACK

WALUIGI GOT HIS PRESENTS. YOU KNOW, THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR WALUIGI TO SIT DOWN AND TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE PRESENTS.

SOME PRESENTS WERE GOOD

OTHERS...WERE BAD. IN FACT, TERRIBLE

BUT, LIKE IN WALUIGI´S LIFE, MOST OF THE THINGS WERE BAD

( can´t believe he gave me coal again)

BUT, REGARDLESS, WALUIGI WANTS TO WISH YOU A GREAT MERRY CHRISTMAS. BECAUSE, EVEN WITH A DISASTER LIKE THE YEAR OF LUIGI, GOOD THINGS HAPPEN ! NYAHAHA

WATCH OUT FOR ME !!!

(sigh...)

( all these images were taken from Ask-Waluigi, a roleplay blog on Tumblr)

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Aww, I feel really bad because Waluigi has 11 of the burnt tickets next to him in the last picture. And he looked so happy when he got the one.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Aww, I feel really bad because Waluigi has 11 of the burnt tickets next to him in the last picture. And he looked so happy when he got the one.

That´s actually a parody of The Little Match Girl, a story where a girl has to keep herself warm with matches and has illusions of a christmas party, with presents and food. It´s all just her imagination.

Waluigi didn´t really receive any presents

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Been playing a crap-ton of 3D World, so here's some aftermath of my affinity for the Cat Suit and a familiar man in purple;

(BOB)CAT WALUIGI

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE, FELLOW WALUGGY SUPPORTERS. MAYBE SOME DAY WALUIGI WILL BECOME MORE THAN JUST A MERE ASSIST TROPHY. I mean, hell... who knows, maybe Sakurai will actually support character DLC, so let's just wait and see what happens once Smash 4 has hit the shelves for a bit.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
To bring up some talk, what do you think Waluigi is going to look like when he's announced (as either an AT or playable)? I think they'll have his textures be the kind of the same as Mario and Luigi's.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
To bring up some talk, what do you think Waluigi is going to look like when he's announced (as either an AT or playable)? I think they'll have his textures be the kind of the same as Mario and Luigi's.
Most likely. Seems like all the Mario characters have been given a more "toony" and accurate appearance, as opposed to the more realistic textures in Brawl. ...I think I prefer it this way.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Well, it´s now 2014. While the Year of Luigi may still extend, i figure that some positive things may happen to Waluigi this year. I decided to star with, not only helping to create the Waluigi Land fan project: http://theanimationgod.deviantart.com/gallery/46063767, but i changed the Waluigi wikipedia article.

I thought that the article doesn´t quite represent the reception Waluigi has now, which is similar to Shadow or John Cena: 50 ( in Waluigi´s case you can say 60%) people like the character and 50% people hate him. I added more content about his concept and creations, and i added some positive reviews. What do you think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waluigi

Smady

Smash Master
Great job as always Waa.

I'm here to fragrantly advertise very proudly tell you all about how I placed 3rd in the latest Make Your Move contest with Waluigi. Check it out if you're interested. I've changed the down aerial completely since it was posted, and also plan to add some extras. Once it's finished, I may post it up in this thread, so if you guys want to add something to the extras that isn't immediately obvious, like a SSE mode or an item, don't be shy. I would like to make this a definitive set for our beloved man in purple.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Great job as always Waa.
THANK YOU MAYOR OF EARTH !

I'm here to [S said:
fragrantly advertise[/S] very proudly tell you all about how I placed 3rd in the latest Make Your Move contest with Waluigi. Check it out if you're interested. I've changed the down aerial completely since it was posted, and also plan to add some extras. Once it's finished, I may post it up in this thread, so if you guys want to add something to the extras that isn't immediately obvious, like a SSE mode or an item, don't be shy. I would like to make this a definitive set for our beloved man in purple.
That is a great moveset. But i would change a few things. I will be soon posting my moveset

Smady

Smash Master
Thanks, I look forward to your Waluigi. You should post it in the next MYM contest, I could help coordinate that, so we have a new Waluigi set. Hopefully it'll get as good a reception as mine!

Smady

Smash Master
Yeah, but it's no problem. I will tell you when the next contest is open if you want to also post it there, I think it should be okay to cross-post the set here and there.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Okay then. Oh, BTW, some of my Waluigi´s moves are some of your moves. Rest assured, i did not rip-off your style, i just added a few moves of yours and others.

Alright. Now, this Waluigi moveset is not the one i believe would be in the game, just the one i found most fitting. Now....

(drumroll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom