• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walmart Mafia - Game! Capitalism WINS!!!! HAHA **** you commies! =D

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
PJB, since you scumread Orbo, would you vote him as well?
Right now? Maybe. I'm always hesitant to throw out my vote early on, because early game wagons tend to fizzle out before the end of the day. At the moment, I'm content to see how Orbo responds to the pressure on him, which other people are providing just fine.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ran I have been actually. Unlike you I'm using an objective scale not a subjective one. That being: has the person questioned any single player? Whether I can follow their thought process or not, does no matter. By removing bias we can actually discuss facts. Yolo has now done so (questioned someone; me), but Vinyl, Vocal, and pbj have not questioned a single person. In fact neither of them have even initiated an interaction. From pjb and vinyl, both have only spoken vaguely to the public or responded to either me or you. This is what I mean by a lack of scumhunting. Do you understand now? Or would you like to support your delusion that I am not scumhunting with actual evidence? Even if you believe that ''since I was aware before hand what scum hunting looks like I can easily be scum trying to look town''. Well duh that goes for everyone. That doesn't change the fact that I objectively have shown scumhunting. Do you now recant your statement?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. I still don't see a vote from you. You are fake scumhunting. You are asking others to do things for you. You also have not answered my soup questions.

Why am I null?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@marshy: no it doesn't. I don't see why his ''preoccupation of me'' would be any more indicative as a preoccupation with anyone else. I also don't think he is preoccupied with me. He has not asked me any questions or initiated any interaction with me. He has done so with dabuz and orbo. I would therefore say they are his primary occupation at the moment. Do you disagree?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No. I still don't see a vote from you. You are fake scumhunting. You are asking others to do things for you. You also have not answered my soup questions.

Why am I null?
What soup question? Where have I gotten someone to do something for me? Evidence! I told you I'll vote when I'm ready. I've been primarily concerned in making sure everyone gives the two names that I asked. Which had ti be done EARLY GAME or it would be completely moot. Accelerating early game before that can be done would make it moot, you see?

Asking a player why someone is null is a ******** question and your ******** aggressiveness is really annoying.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This soup question:

soup why are you so interested in dabuz?
Why does this matter? Do you find Soup suspicious for this? How does this help you find scum?

You are asking for people to give you names, while you sit there and do nothing. You mentioned this:

This is to limit traitor's options for RVS as well as to provide a more efficient RVS stage.
Basically, you wanted to limit the traitor's options in RVS and provide a better RVS. Nice. We aren't in RVS anymore. You'll also have to explain how it limit's the traitor's options. I don't see it and I just see it as an excuse for you to do nothing. Plus, I don't see the point in asking for names anymore because, you don't need to provide a better RVS anymore. It's already been done. There is content there and you aren't pulling off of it. Instead you are asking questions like the one to Soup. (Which I don't think helps you find scum at all)

I asked you why I'm null because I thought you'd have a reason. At times it can be as simple as "This guy hasn't posted" but I have been posting content and I don't see why you only have me as null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You also aren't really agreeing or disagreeing with my reasoning for joey and Orbo. You just say "I understand your points" so you can stay on the safe side. You aren't committing there and I don't like that. You should explain why you understand my points, like TALK about my points and say how you understand them but then explain why they aren't 'enough' for you to base a read on both of them.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not going to summarize your points. Pjb and vinyl both just gave the same response as me and you said is fair enough for them to wait for responses? Why is it that you are not showing me the same courtesy, mm? I'm looking at your other post now. I'm on phone so please do be patient.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They are waiting on orbo to respond to pressure. I respect that and expect them to deliver after. You are waiting on names from everybody on something useless since rvs is done with.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you don't explain why you understand my points then I feel it is bull**** because you don't even talk about it. It feels you say that for me to get off you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I had you as null because I didn't have a read on you. It's really as simple as that. I now do have a read on you which I still good onto for now.

I found soup's interaction with dabuz as weird. I explained this. I felt that he was providing substance between the two of them simply for the sake of providing substance. In other words I felt (and still do) feel a scum connection there. I wanted to see if soup actually had reasoning behind why he specifically addressed dabuz. It is it of place because soup is not showing this trend with other players so the question came to mind why he was specifically questioning dabuz. If you look at the post soup first questioned dabuz, he quoted dabuz' random number gen post and proceeded to ask him questions that didn't regard that post. I get the sense that soup had this need (whether unconscious or conscious) to present an interaction with dabuz. I recall him doing the same in that last newbie we played as scum mates. He would talk to me in thread to form an interaction between us in a similar spontaneous way.

Btw please draw back from the aggressiveness. It really it's very irksome. You've been doing it since the start, the way you went after kbg, then joey, and now myself.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
@marshy: no it doesn't. 1. I don't see why his ''preoccupation of me'' would be any more indicative as a preoccupation with anyone else. 2. I also don't think he is preoccupied with me. He has not asked me any questions or initiated any interaction with me. He has done so with dabuz and orbo. I would therefore say they are his primary occupation at the moment. Do you disagree?
1. i do. soup has the most experience playing mafia with you. hes naturally gonna tune into your approach to the game cuz he considers you competent scum. so early on seeing disgusting posts from you will lead him to be all "aw sheyit zen lookin gross i better keep extra attention to him" he aint gonna put as much effort into monitoring some garbageass ************ or someone he doesnt give a **** about

2. i disagree yeah. he started off his post discussing YOU which makes me think that was the first thing to hit him as he read the thread. he may not have delved deeper but the fact that he said **** like "i have concerns about zen and i want you to expand so i can gauge your thought process" to another player is heavy ****. hes obtaining information to read another player while simultaneously moving discussion towards your slot. he aint hittin ya with 20 questions a la ran but i can sense a discomfort with your slot underneath the surface hes keeping in the back of his mind

what you did with this post was pretty slick. youre shifting the focus of my post ("does soups post give you anything readwise?") to semantics ("im NOT rans preoccupation"). why? does your response to me here have any protown use?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Responses which can help me find leads to go on.
How does that help you? I don't believe a single person answered it, is that telling of anything?

Vote: Orboknown

I think Orbo is scum for sheeping Joey's keyblade reasoning and his reasoning to imply me scum on KB being scum. Initially Orbo just says "Yeah Ran scum upon scumKB" without really expressing why at first. So this gets me thinking that he's being slightly opportunistic, and it doesn't seem like he really believes in it. He didn't really bother to give KBum reasoning until later. (Which was him agreeing with Joey)

He's also not really thinking for himself. First confrontation with Yoloswag, he lets him have his way, and he goes "Sure I trust you, ok". Again, when speaking with Zen about Keyblade. He just says "Mmm, I need to think about this a bit", and unvotes without expressing why he unvoted. He didn't even need that much convincing. He then votes Vinyl for no reason. (Seems like a placeholder vote to me) It shows that he doesn't really think Keyblade is that scummy, he was just fronting and is voting anyone he can.

Orbo, why did you unvote?
What is your individual read on me and why?
Why am I scum if KB flips scum? (I mean, I just want to see why that makes sense in your mind)
It's RVS and I found the same reasoning that Joey did. Because I say i'm using the same reasoning as Joey means that I am sheeping him?
I unvoted because Zen put out a viewpoint I hadn't considered towards keyblade and i wanted yo mull over that possibility. Why as it notable from me but not Joey when he did the same thing?
I'm stuck between nulltown and a nullscum on you. You attacked keyblade over almost literally nothing but you were seemingly convinced he was obvscum. Now you seem to have forgotten all about it. Oher then that I can see townmaru in there.
Because you barreled into him full force over what I see as not a huge deal. if KB was to flip scum, I would be suspicious of you for having caught onto that wayy too fast.

This post doesn't make any sense. You think Ran is 'diving too hard and being way too fast', however you ignore this and vote KGB anyways? I don't understand how you can have a double-standard here. A Ranmaru-KGB scum-team is ludicrous.

Vote: Orboknown
I voted for slightly different reasoning and wasn't 100% on KB scum. I'm usually pretty opinion to opposing opinions anyways, so why is it that I can't take yolo and Zen's opinions into account in the earliest stages of RVS?

Did you roll Mafia again and you find yourself without a direction in the game so you feel the need to ask completely irrelevant things for the sake of looking townie? That's what I think. Tell me why it matters.
If I know his stances, I can see where he is at, what he is thinking, and figure his inntnt from there.

you seem really ****ing uncomfortable.

Where is this?

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
soups preoccupation*

what dabuz mentioned regarding the 2 picks thing is good ****. wish i had been around when the game kicked off. that **** is about 20x more beneficial to scum than it is town and im sad i wasnt online when the game kicked off so i could tell zen go go **** himself for that horse****

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Why am I null?
Why does he need a vote to be scumhunting ran? You're trying to say a difference in approach is scummy because it's not what you perceive to be scumhunting when you don't know how zen is processing things.

What soup question? Where have I gotten someone to do something for me? Evidence! I told you I'll vote when I'm ready. I've been primarily concerned in making sure everyone gives the two names that I asked. Which had ti be done EARLY GAME or it would be completely moot. Accelerating early game before that can be done would make it moot, you see?

Asking a player why someone is null is a ******** question and your ******** aggressiveness is really annoying.
Is it annoying scummy or just annoying?

They are waiting on orbo to respond to pressure. I respect that and expect them to deliver after. You are waiting on names from everybody on something useless since rvs is done with.
When did vinyl say this?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't think I shifted it. I completely disagree with you you that soup is preoccupied with me. It's fine if you see it from a different perspective. I can see your view as valid. But I biasly think my view is more valid. I don't even think soup is town at all :3

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@yolo: im surprised you didn't realize that until dabuz. I thought that would be the obvious assumption and I'm surprised no one objected to it. I will probably explain later in the game, I do have reason for it though.

@orbo: just annoying

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ran I think you're diving way too hard, way too fast over something here. What about that specific statement is autoscum for you? make me see it.

where the hell did that come from?
Vote:keybladeguy

@zen-KB guy and ran. Scum KB implies scum ran imo.
Orbo, surely you see the reason this post comes off as awkward? You question Ran for pushing KBG, and then immediately start pushing him as well. You didn't give a reason for your own push on KBG, so it just kind of looks like you're joining Ran's push, while simultaneously questioning it. Awkward.

Why do you want KBG?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo, surely you see the reason this post comes off as awkward? You question Ran for pushing KBG, and then immediately start pushing him as well. You didn't give a reason for your own push on KBG, so it just kind of looks like you're joining Ran's push, while simultaneously questioning it. Awkward.

Why do you want KBG?
I'm not sure I do anymore, at least not until he comes into the game on his own and gets to things.
I was gonna try to go a little more aggressive then I usually do after elements, but I don't think that particularly works for me here. Like I said, subtle difference between what ran pushed and what I saw and voted him for. My bad for not clarifying.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Let's go back in time a bit then. What was it about Ran's push that made you question it? At the time, you certainly agreed that he needed pushing. What was Ran doing wrong?

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
zen i kind of skim hardbody but i aint trippin cuz it does have its protown uses now that ive thought about it more. i dont have a townread on soup at all btw

a lil offtopic but i dont give a mother****. i hate how you ****** call **** rvs. who gives a **** about what its called? like why do people have this need to label everything and force ****tyass acronyms down everyones throats? why cant **** just be pure and natural? its gotten to the point where that **** is stated in newbies embedding a terrible habit into the children of todays society

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Never really played with traitor roles. I think that's a rather strange idea.

Nice Avi BTW.
Zen, there you have scum #1 ^. I'll give you the other later. Dad's taking router later so I'm giving you something early.
Ran seems certain he's found scum off of this one post. I don't understand why that is, considering there is really nothing to this post by itself. All he really says is that he hasn't played with a traitor before.

You did not seriouslt say that. :/

I play pure mafia, never traitors.

Do we even know the role list?
he backs this up here, and it's where he makes his first (to me, as I believed then) contradiction. he said in his confirmation post that the roles were nice, but then he asked if we hada list. I wasn't sure how he could say the roles were nice without knowing him, until Zen hit upon the idea of the role pm flavor.

Why Keyblade is scum:

States that he finds the roles weird, yet still tacks on that they are 'nice'. It's like he feels the need to say that while 'insulting' the roles. It feels like he's pandering, just to everyone.

Keyblade, what do you have to say for this? Also, what is your username on Mcleodgaming?
Here ran comments on his reasoning for KB being scum, but he doesn't even mention the post that he originally mentioned as being scummy. Ran's words seem off to me, but the way he is going about it is reminiscent of rantown. I'm not sure where to differentiate as of now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I'm replying to Orbo now but I had to refute his point of me not referring to the point. It's right there. Check it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

I'm replying to Orbo now but I had to refute his point of me not referring to the point. It's right there. Check it.
Except that is referring to his confirmation post iirc. Not his post you said ^scum one is there Zen.

You stated earlier than KBG scum meant Ran scum. Do you still think that applies? What if KBG flips town?
Thought about it more. traitor Ran wouldn't need to be so Super hardbody lurker bro, as marshy put it. I can see traitor ran if keyblade mafia, but prolly not vice versa.
KB town not necessarily indicative of ran alignment as of yet.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Saying Scum number #1 ^ Means that I was referring to him as a player, not to that post. I didn't find anything wrong with that post, but you can tell he reacted weirdly and thought I was talking about it. It wasn't the case.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was right there. I don't like quotes fluffing up my posts but only do so if necessary. The shorter my post can be the better. I don't see how that's a problem.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. It's RVS and I found the same reasoning that Joey did. Because I say i'm using the same reasoning as Joey means that I am sheeping him?

2. I unvoted because Zen put out a viewpoint I hadn't considered towards keyblade and i wanted yo mull over that possibility.

3. Why as it notable from me but not Joey when he did the same thing?

4. I'm stuck between nulltown and a nullscum on you. You attacked keyblade over almost literally nothing but you were seemingly convinced he was obvscum. Now you seem to have forgotten all about it.

5. Because you barreled into him full force over what I see as not a huge deal. if KB was to flip scum, I would be suspicious of you for having caught onto that wayy too fast.
1. Yes. You sheeping Joey shows you aren't thinking with your own brain. You even said that you agreed with joey, which means you are sheeping him. You didn't even give your own reasoning, there is no 'slightly different reasoning' there. You can't back off that with "Sorry I should have said it earlier".

2. Yes but you didn't even explain why you unvoted. You saw the reasoning from Zen but you didn't say why it CONVINCED you. To me it just seems you just took to opportunity to unvote Keyblade. It makes sense because Zen just came in and defended Keyblade with a viewpoint without letting Keyblade himself say that. It is a possibility, it's not straight fact that he thought the FLAVOR was nice. I find that if you flip scum there is a possibility of Zen being scum.

3. It is actually bad from the both of you. I only reacted to what he said about me ("He's blah blah excuse makes me uncomfortable so yeah ranmaru is still scum"). I do find it odd that he also just agreed to Zen without even waiting for Keyblade to come back. It's equally bad for the both of you since he used it to unvote as well. I also agree with Dabuz that Joey is keeping his options open with the "For now" comment, and that it's odd he isn't voting me now. Now that you mention that, how does that affect your read on Joey? What is your read on Joey? Do you agree with my reasoning on him (when I FOS'd him)?

4. So you are wishy-washy on me. Ok. It was page 2. I even said this to Joey. It was closer to a gut read than a solid read, and I wanted to push him to see how he'd react. I didn't forget about it, I can't push that any farther because he had already explained himself and I don't have any more problems with him besides that little thing. The only thing left is to wait on him and to see how he acts when he comes back.

5. Again it was closer to a gut feel. I don't see how that's a problem in such an early stage.

Why does he need a vote to be scumhunting ran? You're trying to say a difference in approach is scummy because it's not what you perceive to be scumhunting when you don't know how zen is processing things.

When did vinyl say this?
He needs a vote so I can know who he wants to push the most and so I can see him looking for scum. He's not doing that right now and Yolo even gives some good rebuttal on Zen's 'scumhunting' on Soup with his Dabuz interaction. I think you are chainsawing when it comes to Zen. Through-out the thread you keep asking people about their reads on Zen. I just think he's your buddy and you always ask people (Like Yolo Swag's "Zen is prolly Scum" post) to substantiate that and nothing else. (Although you did ask Dabuz why he asked that "You scum?" question to seem townie)

Vinyl said he'd answer after you did.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FYI i'm voting key for the reason joey pointed out.

Here is the quote where you say that you voted Keyblade for the reason Joey pointed out. So there is no slightly different reasoning here. It's the damn same. Don't try to wiggle out with a "Sorry I forgot to say it".

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It was right there. I don't like quotes fluffing up my posts but only do so if necessary. The shorter my post can be the better. I don't see how that's a problem.
"It was right there" being the post you were referring to on the other page? Or the post right above yours, which you just said was the one you were not referring to?

You really think Ran, as a traitor, would bus the **** out of his newbie scumbuddy on D1, in RVS?
Ranscum is lost becaus ehe can't scumhunt. I would think that as traitor he could push himself to go onto his scummates. I wouldn't say he was hardbussing or anything because he's shifted off of KB completely since then and gone onto me(for whatever reason)
and joey after joey called him scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You said "Why didn't you quote it" As if to let people know I was talking about Keyblade. I only had to address him like ^ that. I have already explained the quote that I found SCUMMY, was in my #52. Don't get it confused now.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
To be fair, Ran, in response to your #2 up there, I've seen Orbo just kinda flip on stuff because someone else showed him the light, all with no explanation. He did it in Golden Sun, where he was my hydra partner, and we were town. Someone said something to change his read on someone (I forget who it was), and he just flipped on it right away without a word about why to anyone. Not even me, his hydra partner.

Top Bottom