• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
that is true toph. but that was 5 months ago.

he hasn't come to enough tourneys since then. vista or carlos aren't better than vish. but they beat him.

im pretty sure we reset the pr and its based off the time period of the last 3 months.

for the record it was my falco that was beaten.

@vista-federal way ****!?! lol. but thanks for posting. lets crew battle uw. 3 or 4 v 3 or 4

danton is better. but I thought his name was brendan?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i'd love to talk **** for danton but he came across me and vish in odegaard as we were watching vids of ka-master from Pound 4 and he didn't even stop to watch a little bit.

I think the luigi inside of him has died.

brendan or john or w.e for life

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Vista is up there for beating Vish. I think Vista would **** Anthony tbqh haha. Like, I don't think it would be close.
Vish sucks against shieks (hell he loses to my shiek especially if pokemon staduim is banned) he also sucks against peaches hence why he lost ot brdy though everyone thought he was better (including oregon lawl)
Also styles make matches x_X
(For example, Vista used to get ***** by j.b. and i do mean ***** (2-3 stocked) yet vista was a lot better).
But your entitled to your opinion. im not saying vista couldn't win, but trust me i wouldn't be surprised if he lost. Only problem with anthony is he's probably the most inconsistent player i know of. B-melo being the 2nd most inconsistent.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you know what everyone just keeps pole jocking their friends.

its quite obvious we don't have a well connected smash scene.

everyone play more.

stefan beats all your friends.

when it comes down to it. ive played ssyler and them more than anyone from the north. and I play at toph's. and have smashed wit vista and john.

lets just let everyone smash for themselves.

vista get at me. mm?

I mean collectively. I smash wit syler's ppl down south.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
You're right about the pole jocking. But i wasn't saying vista sucks, nor that he couldn't win. I was just stating i wouldn't be surprised if he lost. As for people playing each other i've been saying that since i've been running tournies (as in the round robin type deal etc. to best determine who's better then who and better placements in pr). Of course everyone's just completely overlooked and ignored the idea.

And yes kline i'll agree you've played us more then the rest, but still not that much, probably the same with vista, though i guess that info is irrelevant atm.

@Vista
i do have respect for you and wasn't trying to state that you weren't good, or deserve to be on pr, i've agreed with you being on pr and im glad you made it, you deserve it (just to clear things up)

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that sounds good kline

@Syler

Yeah I love you too. I don't know where you pulled this info about me getting ***** by jb though, refresh my memory?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
When did I get ***** by jb wtf

Also I'm down Kline :D
Pretty often when i saw you two played when i as hosting a tourney (though idk if you actually played in tourney cept once or twice).
However, that was a long time ago. And as stated earlier, didn't mean that to be disrespectful, i was just trying to make a point earlier that styles make matches.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember being ***** by jb lol

And don't worry I'm not taking offense or anything haha we're cool

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ive only had 2 smash fests at my house with them.

and yea not much for you guys either. but more than anyone else.

im ok with the robin but its undermining. we have been planning since tp3 to update after this tourney. why are we unable to do that.

that will throw the last 3 months away. no reason to work hard cuz it don't count. we ducked up the last update. thats why this one was kinda important.

it also takes all of toph and vistas credit away. then they go back to nothing. I don't think thats fair.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember being ***** by jb lol

And don't worry I'm not taking offense or anything haha we're cool
lawl well not like it matters anyways, we all knew you were better, j.b. even admitted it (he was shocked he was beating you actually) but that doesn't really mean **** (like i said was just trying to make a point earlier).

And mofo fw vs. tacoma/oly washington imo

Vista

Smash Journeyman
well to an extent, of course, but not to the point where you can't have fun with it and talk crap about kline and stuff

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
vista im bout to start talking mad **** about you after I **** you in that mm. LMAO

ill be sure to take it serious since I know u will beat me if I **** around.

Otto-officially resigning from panel?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
otto is totally right you have to take it seriously if you're going to be a panelist - otherwise the pr should be totally removed.

meaning if the panelists aren't serious there should be no pr regardless of what territory you're talking about.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Ok, make me a panelist. I'll do it seriously.

As evidence for this, I agree that Shane should be above Otto after hearing Shane's (and Otto's) reasoning.

Btw, if Rohins is coming back on Friday, he should be on the PR for real. The only reason he missed was because he was in Florida, and we all know he's better than Vista.

I THINKKKKKKK I'm better than Rohins now. >_> Or at least, I think I can beat him. But that might just be wishful thinking. So I'm suggesting #7 at least for now.

Gimpy let us do a top 10 PR JUST ONCE before I go to Japan in June. I wanna be power ranked at SOME POINT LOL before I disappear for a year, so I can say "I was power ranked at some point." >_>_>_> goalz

Darken_Rahl

Smash Rookie
When did I get ***** by jb wtf

Also I'm down Kline :D
I wouldn't have used the word '*****', but I didn't really have any trouble beating you when we played. And, I noticed you'd turn around and beat someone who'd out right beaten me earlier. Haha. Like Syler said, different playing styles and stuff.

Also, there was that time when I played falcon against you, and you just kept saying, "best 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5, etc" because you lost. And, you finally gave up when you realized I 5-0'd you in a best of 9. lawls We know that shouldn't have happened, but that was funny. Haha.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ive been talking to eggz about working this panel thing out. I was telling him to put u on but if u are leaving for a year honestly that may not be the best choice.

it depends on whether or not rohins was at more than just tp3. and I dont remember how he did at tp3.

serious business

Vista

Smash Journeyman
we all know he's better than Vista.

Can I play Rohins before we go along with "we all know he's better than Vista," cause that makes me kinda sad considering I haven't really played played him, even though he's probably better anyways lol (I'm not saying he shouldn't be on PR above me, I'm just saying I that I don't like stuff like that being said when we haven't played :C)

Vista

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't have used the word '*****', but I didn't really have any trouble beating you when we played. And, I noticed you'd turn around and beat someone who'd out right beaten me earlier. Haha. Like Syler said, different playing styles and stuff.

Also, there was that time when I played falcon against you, and you just kept saying, "best 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5, etc" because you lost. And, you finally gave up when you realized I 5-0'd you in a best of 9. lawls We know that shouldn't have happened, but that was funny. Haha.
wtf when was this and what character was I LOL

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
who cares if he is leaving for a year if he's here now and he sohlud be ranked he should be ranked that's awful reasoning.
I meant as a panelist dude.

Read boozer read

@vista

Just cuz u have bad memory doesnt mean it never happened. Its really not important now. I remember you gave me all the lint in your pocket cuz I walltech daired your falcon.

Nobody is disputing ur better, but dont get that toph syndrome where you forget every time you lose and mentally place yourself farther and farther above ppl.

Toph <3
I mean **** you *****. mm!

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Don't misunderstand me LMAO I'm not trying to deny it, I'm just honestly curious cause I don't remember that haha

I remember the walljump tech dair though LOL

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
After a lot of thought I'm suggesting B-Mello for #9 and Oreo for #10. No one below Vista really has any notable tournament victories, so I'm judging based on my personal viewpoints of having played them and having seen them play.

B-Mello and Oreo have both improved a lot and frankly I'd sidebet money on them vs. Kline or Banana. No hate on Kline, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I think Oreo/B-Mello are better than you. Wouldn't mind hearing input from like Otto or someone else who comes over on Fridays though. Assuming you guys play.

Also, I'm putting Kamaji at #8 because I'm pretty sure(?) he's the best remaining EWA Melee player and his Doc is pretty legit. I'm pretty sure he's beaten someone good in tourney, but I forget who.

I mean, I dunno. I kinda wanna see Kline, Oreo, B-Mello, Banana(?), Brendan(?) play a bit and see what happens.

PR pools would be tight too :D but I know that's not going to happen.

So I suggest as the list

1. Ka
2. Shane
3. Otto
4. Teddy
5. Vish
6. Me
7. Vista
8. Kamaji
9. B-Mello
10. Oreo

Top Bottom