• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W&M smash players thread

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
Update from today's smash night:

Josh won two sets, 4-3 vs me (he went Doc for all three losses), and 4-1 vs Mark.
I won one set 4-1 vs Mike.
Mark won three sets, 4-3 vs Shane (using mostly random characters), and 4-1 and 4-3 vs. me (I regret going Falcon for some of those matches).
Shane won one set, 4-1 vs. Mike.

Josh or I will add these to our list, but until we get a bunch more sets, we won't have a final list.

Basically, we have these sets, and the few from the Smash for Humanity tournament.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
falco ***** sheik...i really do believe that...even if the sheik completely masters the matchup, falco ought to win on any big stage

sheik will probably win on FoD or yoshi's story?

and battlefield and dreamland are kinda neutral

but ya the only match i remember is my falco 3 stocking jake's sheik..after i worked so hard to win with marth..falco is so broken

flyd

Smash Rookie
i tend to agree with you josh after playing against jake's falco so much.

the only thing that i would say is that if the sheik is good enough at edgeguarding the matchup starts to even up a bit

needles **** falco off the stage, but on the stage falco is generally in control

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it's just annoying..cause when i play falco i don't think..yet i still do well..it's just lots of lasering and pillaring and autocombos

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so basically play players loads better than me and i will be forced to think..same as always:)

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
I dunno who checks this thread regularly, but I think we should organize a fuller rankings tournament on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 11. I know that this is during finals, but Wednesday is a reading day, and no one will have a final until at the earliest Thursday morning.

That said, the next issue becomes hosting. I believe Dinwiddie has a social lounge, that is designated for social events exclusively, though I have no idea if this changes during finals. In any case, we should try someplace where there are at least two set-ups. If we play in Jamestown, I think that in addition to my set up in my room, there is the kitchen TV that will likely be available if someone brings another cube.

Josh, I realize that maybe only you and me (maybe Mark) will see this, but spread the word.

List of people I hope will come:
Josh, Kyle, Samrin, David, Alex L., Alex P., Thomas, Mark, Jake, Mike, Kem.

If not everyone makes it whatever, but I hope everyone does.

People outside WM: sorry, but I want to keep this relatively small (particularly given our venue), and this is for rankings purposes

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I 4-0d kyle in a set of 7 >_>
I think you guys wanted that to put be into the rankings, just to tell Josh, we did finish it =)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, ya, it's sad..but more importantly kyle is learning jiggs and i was able to beat schoolie in some matches because of it...so now i just have to get you to go back to playing yoshi eh SPD?

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I started picking him up again, it's a HUGE pain from the massive gimping that happens on him and the massive combos mintiers+ get on him
oh, and teach kyle how to play against peach, my peach 2 stocked him and my peach is complete garbage
like more garbage than my jiggs(maybe)
i think he just lacks experience

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"
oh, and teach kyle how to play against peach, my peach 2 stocked him and my peach is complete garbage"

i have no clue how to play against peach..all the peach's i've beaten it's just cause my skill was a lot higher..i have no strategy or ideas in taht matchup with any character actually.

I think my thoughts run like...dodge the turnip..hit him..hit him some more...bam boom bam..and then usually i've won or lost by then

hmm tuesday i'm going to CNu in the morning to get my GC..but maybe in the evening i guess

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
i have an 8am final on tuesday, so come after that -_-
just start playing peach and he'll eventually learn to at least counter your style

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sigh..you really believe that SPD? does that mean you counter trey's style now? and that you can beat him easily?

and VTech is FAAAaARRRR

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
sigh..you really believe that SPD? does that mean you counter trey's style now? and that you can beat him easily?
Yeah, he's improved so much. In our friendly sets, I can no longer do my half-***** singles games against him or juan. I've yet to play tourney style against them as of late, but if we get paired at C3, I'd love to see what he comes up with to counter my style.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ah i see..so i have to take it seriously against him now? ok spd from now on i refuse to play you without at least one hour of tech warmup;p i thought during our friendlies it seemed a little hard to practice last time...that's good i guess...i don't have much anti-fox practice except as marth

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
****in teams, my team can win if i survive for over 2 minutes as we found out today

and an hour of tech skill warmup?
more like 1 set.. against me =P

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
thread resurrected:

when is some1 gonna join me and josh and make things interesting...
its as if every1 at w&m hibernated before break and got too lazy to get outta bed

flyd

Smash Rookie
We should restart smashnight. And we should do some rankings. We have two set-ups at Dinwiddie so we could do it here.

flyd

Smash Rookie
does anyone want to have a big smashfest anytime soon? cuz now the only people i play are jake(all the time) and josh(occasionally). i need some variety, and me and jake need to try out our new bull**** team.

anyway if you have any ideas let me know.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I dunno how busy I am...and honestly, so far mostly only alex and I leave town to go play far away.

one time we took 5 down to cnu to play crews..and 7 went once for crews at odu..but in general it's hard to get people motivated..and i have a lot of work for the next two weeks..after that i should be free minus a few minor tests here and there.

Drums

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone still reads this thread but I'm Ian and I play Mark and Jake all the time, though I'm still a bit of a noob. I was wondering
1- If we're gonna revive some sort of smash night
2- If we'll make a ranking system for brawl
I've been interested in getting into the competitive scene but with brawl's release everything is thrown off somewhat, so I was hoping we could keep competition and tournaments here alive and kicking.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shrugs..everyone is lazy with brawl coming out..but ya we should have a brawl tournament a few weeks after brawl is released..at the very least we'll probably hit up a tournament some weekend at another school

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
No. I am, however, a prophet of Melee.

assuming u go to w&m, u should meet the other ppl at the college who play smash.

ur like the 4th person ive met from w&m but havent been able to get with them.

however, melee must be played

Top Bottom