• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W.I.M.P.S tourney 4/11/09 Racine, WI

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Thanks to Big C. our monthly tournament name in Racine,WI has changed to:

W.I.M.P.S

I'd like to present to you guys again, the following:

Who: To you...obviously :)
What: "WI Most Powerful Shinobi" Tournament (W.I.M.P.S)
When: 4/11/09
Where:
Paul's Video Arcade
5564 Durand Avenue
Racine, WI 53406 (northeast entrance)
1-262-554-1660 (phone number)
Why: Because I fu(king said so...
Time: I'm there by 1pm tournaments start no later than 2pm (see "Tournament Time Schedule" for details)

Game ran/events:
- SSBB Singles (ran by Webster)
- Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (Ran by NappyJin)
- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
- The King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Paul's Video Arcade Lock In

Tournament Time Schedule:
* Super Smash Brothers Brawl starts at 2pm sharp
* Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebillion Starts at 2pm sharp
* Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix starts around 4pm
* The King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match starts around 4pm
* Paul's Video Arcade Lock In starts at 8pm sharp

Important to remember:
- If you are playing in ANY tournament, there is a door fee of $2.00. If you bring a setup that we use, your $2.00 fee will be waived.
- Outside food and drinks may be brought in. Please pick up after yourselves.
- This is a BYOC event. You have been warned...
- There is no smoking or drinking in the venue/mall. You may smoke outside.
- PLEASE BRING CHAIRS AND SET UPS. PLEASE!!!

Tournament Game Rules:

SSBB:

double elimination

The following list was created by members of the Smash Brothers community. Each rule was debated and voted upon individually to provide the fairest competitive ruleset for tournament use.

*Entry Fee SSBB Singles $8 (oh it's serious business this time...LOL)

General rules for SSBB Singles

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser/Ganon doing his suicide klaw/choke throw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser/Ganon.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage Select:

*Starter: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island.

*Counter: Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), and Green Greens.

*Banned Everything else!!!

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion:

double elimination
Rules and Entry Fee will be announced the day of the tournament

Street Fighter HD Remix:

*Entry Fee $5

double elimination
default - time, game mode, rounds
no characters banned
Akuma/Gouki is gay! So if you win with him...you suck! j/k
2/3 matches for winners and losers
3/5 matches for winners, losers, and grand - finals

The King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

*Entry Fee FREE

double elimination
3 man team vs.
Omega Rugal, Krizalid, Clone Zero, Original Zero, and Ignitz are bannned
default time and settings
button mapping is allowed
winner may change order of team only, loser may select new team or change order

LOCK IN INFORMATION

Paul's Video Arcade Lock Ins are pretty sweet! It starts as soon as the mall closes (8pm). And it's only $10 to participate. All and I mean ALL, arcade games are on free play all night to the next morning (8pm - 2am). And you can bring whatever consoles and T.Vs you desire, to play others in games enjoy. The arcade even provides subway sandwhiches for your convience, for the first hour of the lock in (i say "first hour", because there is a limited supply of sandwhiches. so get em while u can lol). Games that were NOT on the tournament schedule during the day, may be ran at the lock in. Games played, rules, and entry fees will be announced at the lock in. Please remember to pick up after yourselves. There IS NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE ARCADE WHATSOEVER!!! Once you leave the arcade/lock in, you are dismissed from the event (unless u have recieved special permission by the arcade manager) and will be asked to leave mall grounds. If you have any questions or concerns please pm me or call the arcade for more info (number provided above)

Please post up if you'll be able to make it (pre register) or not. Hope to see everyone there!

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING SET UPS FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!! CHAIRS WOULD BE NICE TOO...:) Thanks!!!

hunger!

Smash Champion
i might come and just d3 chaingrab my way to victory with distant planet. green hill zone and yoshi island pipes since those stages are legal HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
hunger: get dat money son. here's to hoping you and the gang can make it!!!

dragmire: tell seifer I'm sorry about algol being banned. tell him I'll make it up to him by allowing him to beat me with Algol or an hour straight after the sc4 tournament...LOL!

TAPION...

TAPION...

TAPION...

Got ****it where are yha!!! :urg:

:p

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
sheik, you must have been half sleep when u posted that. the date has been there the whole time silly...:bee:

"blacks"....

:psycho:

folk!

Smash Apprentice
I will be there. Looks like we can get our rematch siefer! **** you to drag! This will be fun.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
My eyes have been failing on me as late >_<

I may or may not play in this one...hopefully getting my 360 back after almost 2 months next week.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
it's all good sheik, as long as u come and hang out. hopefully you will...

anthony (folk), i still have my bag in yo trunk. we should hang out this week.

drag and crew, i heart u guys forever...never forget that!!!

cheers...

folk!

Smash Apprentice
it's all good sheik, as long as u come and hang out. hopefully you will...

anthony (folk), i still have my bag in yo trunk. we should hang out this week.

drag and crew, i heart u guys forever...never forget that!!!

cheers...
sounds good il give you a call!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Webster here:

Well I really wasn't planning on doing doubles. Since I know their might be a low turn out for that. But I'm open for whatever. Just throw me some ideas and let's make it happen...

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i want to show up to see sago and steve and to play sc4 lol

mike are you going to this? maybe i'll try to catch a ride if I'm not busy around then

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Everyone come please...

This will be hella fun and good practice before the big one in Chicago the following weekend...

Seifer: You know what...you are right! We should allow all the characters to be played.

NO CHARACTERS ARE BANNED IN SC4!!!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
what time is brawl singles/doubles? (i might go to this instead of cyber arena because webster is just too cool.)

hunger!

Smash Champion
webster. add doubles and more people will come. do doubles first then seed it out to the top 3 teams or something like that. 8 for singles 16 total for teams isnt that bad. :D

Top Bottom