• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcano Tournament 2012

Pepo

Smash Cadet
NNID
nrvnqsriv
Vulcano Brawl/Melee Tournament 2012
This will bring the end of the world

This is gonna be the first national spanish tournament in Canarias, specifically in Tenerife

The spanish community is lately a bit inactive but this time canary players who are very consistent at this game are glad to announce this tournament that will be hosted in Tenerife (as I said before)
Although this is a Brawl/Melee there will be more Brawl level because players such as Greward or Rydle are planning to come.

The venue is not confirmed yet but for now:

Pabellón X
Icod de los Vinos
Santa cruz de Tenerife 38430

The venue is big with a space for enough players (200 or so). There is a supermarket very near to the venue and some restaurant placed there, so you can buy food or eat without a problem.
That wasn't all, Tenerife is a very nice island and you can visit its importants places or go to the beach (the weather is always good, without any doubt), and, oh, it has a volcano xD

As I said before, the venue isn't confirmed so we can't explain how to get to the venue, sorry guys

Schedule
From March 29th to April 9th

·Pre-event (players we're getting into the venue)
29th, 30th, 31st, 1st

·Tournament:
2nd, 3rd, 4th

·Freeplays, MMs, crews, etc
5th, 6th, 7th and 8th

The venue will be open until the event finish (including night), so you can sleep there

Prices
Entry fee: 0€ for people who don't live in Canarias

Brawl Singles&Teams: no confirmed (we are discussing it)
Melee Singles&Teams: no confirmed (we are discussing it)

Ruleset
Japan's ruleset, coming soon

Interested people
Greward*
Death_Alex
White*
Kiro
Uranus*
Madnesspaco
Nat
Ponder*
Ragnell*
Aserty*
Guille*
Brandom*
Jin*
Pepo*
Clepto*
Meadosplay*
Quoreh*
Gio*
Xoksy*
Nayer*
Marco*
Borja*
Titan*
Piludo*
Abubukaka*
Alejandro*
Ramón Les Paul*
José Karlos*
Eleghor*
Alled*
Yaen*
AleX Sparta
Kiddo*
Blue*
Wolve
Joseph
Ewil
Rydle
Edu*
Nau*
Cp2
Fede
Arocha
Tere
Zero
Adri
Tina
Peter
Chantal
Eli
Dereck
Ashura
Rakdos
Lobo
Araita
Nishi
Heros
Warro*
Phyr*
Blaster*

Confirmed*

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
where did this come from!

Interested! =D

Schedule
From March 29th to April 9th

·Pre-event (players we're getting into the venue)
29th, 30th, 31st, 1st

·Tournament:
2nd, 3rd, 4th

·Freeplays, MMs, crews, etc
5th, 6th, 7th and 8th

The venue will be open until the event finish (including night), so you can sleep there

Prices
Entry fee: 0€ for people who don't live in Canarias
WOW O_O

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I just noticed there's melee lol.

Although I would like ooc people to come, I wouldn't recommend to come for Melee to ANY spanish tournaments atm, our community is pretty dead and even if we usually host events for both games Melee has had no more than 20 entrants in any events in 2011.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm in... but i'm only 5th >_>.

It would be great if both the players from cataluña and madrid could come.

Nau

Smash Rookie
Wow.

Really wow.

If the venue is confirmed I'm considering skipping a week of college lol.
venue is already confirmed, though the organizer wants a bigger one (don't know why, the one we have is big, he's just too greedy lol) and so he's trying to get it.

Stomps

Smash Rookie
There is no more than 20 entrants because they publicize the tournaments extremely bad.
Me alone, knows more than 15 people that would be interested in melee.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I alone know more than 50 people in my area that play melee, me or other people told them but more than half than them didn't show up because they didn't want to pay the venue fee (it was 10 euros). Even when Over, K-12 and more people from other regions where coming, they were so tightfisted they didn't show up. And this was in a tourney in their area (NSTV), lol at the chance of any of them travelling to the Canary Islands.

@Selebu: They got a deal with the mayor of the city and some more stuff, anyways me and many others won't stay there as much, I'm going from 29 to 5.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Some swedes are interested in a vacation there, using the venue as a free hotel and play smash (Melee) whenever they aren't out doing something.

Stomps

Smash Rookie
People wont care about the price if it's not too steep and if they'll have a good time.

It's dead because you say before hand to people not to go. There are people from Europe sayting that they might come, why should they go and not the Spanish community?

It's not dead at all. It's on stand by because the people who in theory "know" and how to organize tournaments post them on smash boards a month before ( FOr example, there was one in Barcelona on Novembre... )

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Ñgamers invited Amsah and Faab to Spain, turnout= 18 entrants. Still Amsah managed to win so I guess it wasn't so bad for him but travelling all the way down to Spain for a "national" where just four players were good and there was a total of 18, it's just something I don't think most people would enjoy.

NSTV was announced with quite some time in the Spanish forums, and people from the same city didn't show up, and they KNEW there was a national happening the melee scene just doesn't care as much nowadays.

Register in smashbrosspain and we can talk there about it if you want, I'd actually love that the spanish community was as big as it was in the times of NSTII or NSTIII, but it's not like that and I wouldn't like an OoC player to come to one of our nationals where there won't be many players and Over/Dahean/other top Spanish players won't even be there.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
I'm interested as long as I can travel with some other UK players and providing that it doesn't cost too much.

Nau

Smash Rookie
is this confirmed yet?
it has always been confirmed. The post just said that we might get another venue, but i think we will not be getting it (due that they only offer it 3 or 4 days and we need more). it's not that the venue we already have is small or something, but we wanted a bigger one (don't know why lol)
so yep, venue is confirmed, and whenever i talk to the organiser i will post more info about it.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I've found semi-cheap tickets from Stockholm. I and Jack are pretty much confirmed, just trying to find two more people so we can split the costs to rent a car and drive around on the island.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Since this thread feels pretty much dead, I'll ask this now and hope someone answers in time =).

- Where exactly is the venue? Google maps gives me weird results.
- How does parking work at the venue?
- Are there beds, or do we bring our own sleeping bags (and inflatable mattresses =))?

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Well, the spanish people who are reaching there are being transported from the airport by people of the isles. I'll tell them to try to contact you and see if they can give transport to you too. Most of us arrive the 29th so i think we all can be transported at once.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
We will have our own car, that's why I also asked about parking. I'm going there for a vacation, and vacation for me means moving around a lot sightseeing =).
(Will of course play smash also, but there's lots of time.)

Uranus

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlanUranus
We will have our own car, that's why I also asked about parking. I'm going there for a vacation, and vacation for me means moving around a lot sightseeing =).
(Will of course play smash also, but there's lots of time.)
about the parking, you can park near the venue without any problems.
Exact location:
Calle de Hércules, Icod de los Vinos.

When you arrive to the island, we'll explain it to you better. I hope you enjoy your stay. ^^

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna get my *** kicked in melee D:. Oh well, good to have some good level players from out of spain :D.

Btw, what do you use/what's your skill level? Have only got some videos from one year ago of leffen but i haven't found anything about Jack of Locto. (And i met AJP in a tourney 2 years ago :p). Just wondering. I really can't find anything about sweden lol.

Edit: Ok i found a lot about leffen now, i'm stupid. And i'm really getting my *** kicked, oh well

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Eh, didn't see your (Phyr) message.

Jack and lootic are pretty "random". They've played quite a while so they do know stuff, they just never got very good. Jack plays Ganondorf, Yoshi, Mario, and some others. lootic plays Link.
leffen is... um... let's say top5 in Europe, so good luck there. He plays Fox and Yoshi. And Brawl, but I have no idea about anything there.

We'll bring two large inflatable mattresses that we can all sleep on. Assuming there's floor space wherever we're sleeping. Also, we'll have a GC+Melee+tiny screen (total 32 hours of airport transfers).
And I'll bring my new GPS unit. I think Canarias is still easy enough without, but I need to test it for my summer roadtrip to the Balkans =).

Will there be internet?
And at what time does the venue open on thursday 29th?

Uranus

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlanUranus
Eh, didn't see your (Phyr) message.

Jack and lootic are pretty "random". They've played quite a while so they do know stuff, they just never got very good. Jack plays Ganondorf, Yoshi, Mario, and some others. lootic plays Link.
leffen is... um... let's say top5 in Europe, so good luck there. He plays Fox and Yoshi. And Brawl, but I have no idea about anything there.

We'll bring two large inflatable mattresses that we can all sleep on. Assuming there's floor space wherever we're sleeping. Also, we'll have a GC+Melee+tiny screen (total 32 hours of airport transfers).
And I'll bring my new GPS unit. I think Canarias is still easy enough without, but I need to test it for my summer roadtrip to the Balkans =).

Will there be internet?
And at what time does the venue open on thursday 29th?
Yes, there will be internet in the venue.

And it will be opened on Thursday 29th from 5 PM GMT time (Canary Islands time).

The island is small, so even if the GPS doesn't workm you can easily get to the venue.

Top Bottom